Welcome to TLR

2 1/2 years wasted on a Rat

Janiza3

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I can’t believe I’m actually writing on this site because I swore I wasn’t involved with a man from Tunisia that could do this to me. Let me start by saying I received a DM from a handsome man from Tunisia about 2 1/2 years ago. Despite deleting all my other DM’s I felt like I had to respond back to this man.
It started with what’s app them quickly went to Instagram messenger.
He showered me with compliments and attention. I loved it.
We continued our conversations and quickly moved to the Love stage.
Then the request for things started.
Of course I sent a google play card…. That was the hook. It showed him I was in it.
Over the next few months it lead to more. Not just cards…. Money was sent through western union. It was just to help…. I heard how bad the economy was over there and how hard it was to find a job.
I was there for him….. over and over,
I woke up to good morning baby texts, how are you doing texts all day, goodnight texts.
was following him on Instagram, but was never allowed to comment although I could like the posts. He always said he doesn’t want other people to see our relationship.
Fast forward 2 1/2 years of growing closer and closer. I was there for him. Emotionally, and mentally, I was his babe.
I actually hit him to agree to have me come and meet him.
We had an amazing time in Hammamet ( although I paid for everything) the love felt so real. We planned on me coming back in the summer to even maybe marry,
I was ready to even do K1 visa for him despite all my friends and family warning me.
Well, today is a sad day.
After me kind of saying I can’t always help you ( which by the way if I ever did say that I would get threats like I will find another woman, you are not rich, etc) I had to end things.
He was telling me things like, you are too much older than me…. I can’t ever marry you because it would be shame on me, I want kids and you can never give them to me…. I love you but I could never live with you because you have older boys.,,, it goes on and on,….. all the while still asking me can I still help him.
I’m beside myself. I gave him all my love. I thought this was love…. I thought he really loved me.
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
I loved him with all my heart and now I feel lost. Embarrassed, betrayed.
please help

Yvonne

Staff member
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I can’t believe I’m actually writing on this site because I swore I wasn’t involved with a man from Tunisia that could do this to me. Let me start by saying I received a DM from a handsome man from Tunisia about 2 1/2 years ago. Despite deleting all my other DM’s I felt like I had to respond back to this man.
Of course I sent a google play card…. That was the hook. It showed him I was in it.
Over the next few months it lead to more. Not just cards…. Money was sent through western union. It was just to help…. I heard how bad the economy was over there and how hard it was to find a job.
I woke up to good morning baby texts, how are you doing texts all day, goodnight texts.
was following him on Instagram, but was never allowed to comment although I could like the posts. He always said he doesn’t want other people to see our relationship.
Fast forward 2 1/2 years of growing closer and closer. I was there for him. Emotionally, and mentally, I was his babe.
We had an amazing time in Hammamet ( although I paid for everything) the love felt so real. We planned on me coming back in the summer to even maybe marry,
I was ready to even do K1 visa for him despite all my friends and family warning me.
After me kind of saying I can’t always help you ( which by the way if I ever did say that I would get threats like I will find another woman, you are not rich, etc) I had to end things.
He was telling me things like, you are too much older than me…. I can’t ever marry you because it would be shame on me, I want kids and you can never give them to me…. I love you but I could never live with you because you have older boys.,,, it goes on and on,….. all the while still asking me can I still help him.
I’m beside myself. I gave him all my love. I thought this was love…. I thought he really loved me.
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please help
Welcome here @Janiza3 . I am sorry you caught yourself a rat.
What you are writing here is textbook rat talk.
We all know it hurts very much but there is one thing you must remember he wasn't in it for love it was all about the money, free sex and a possibility for a future visa.
He is ignoring you now to see how far he can go to get you hooked completely, don't fall for it. It is bezness. I will add a link from the forum to help you understand how these man practice bezness
Here at the forum you will find other stories from other women but firts of all dont be embarrassed, stupid or ashamed, there where many women before you

Yvonne xxx

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please help
Hi @Janiza3 welcome to the forum. First of all you are not stupid you had the sad experience to be trapped by a rat.
Read around on the forum you are not alone
We all know how you are feeling it's a devastating feeling, you will get support here to understand what happened to you and how these sad excuses of a man act and work so you are hooked to them

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please help
with these rats you are more dammed if you do dammed if you don't
the rats pick holes in everything, you can be perfect and its not good enough
Don't ever blame yourself, these rats are very devious scammers
the reason he would never let you comment on his instagram is because he most likely already had another victim hooked
I know the last time I came to visit even before the rat complained about the dates I came, doubting me always
lucky my ugly old rat could get such a kind nice one such as me and still complain
I have a long list of complaints about the ex-rat but I would never think of kicking someone down that was making
an effort to see me half away around the world especially if they paid for everything.
These are most lowliest rats begging for a chance to get out of Tunisia and yet look how ungrateful they all are
might as well had done nothing ever for a rat.
They always make threats to make you do more, but there are boundaries and limits and rats don't care about you just what they want.
As for the betrayal part, these rats are expert they are betraying others with you while you left from Tunisia another could of come there
to visit, to them its just a game. Stay strong, it took me years to get back to the old me before the rat!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please help
Welcome and this story is like so many of ours! He can’t live with you cause you are older, your boys, no children?? Yet he can take your money and use you like you are his mom asking her for things allowance etc.. you need to move on he sounds hateful when you don’t send him money?? They all do it’sa pattern with them. They show like a spoiled brat when they don’t or never had a pot to pee in unless it was from other ladies. We’ve heard all the pitiful stories ..bad country, no job.. hard to find work when you are laying on your ass scamming people! He’s like all the rest here SORRY AS HELL I hope you have blocked him and moved on it will not get any better!

Janiza3

I haven’t yet blocked him.
I don’t know what I am waiting for.
Maybe I feel like if I do it’s completely over.
Even though I know that is what I need to do.
I’m still secretly hoping that I was wrong… that he did love me like I felt when I looked in his eyes.
He told me this morning he is not like the other guys. He didn’t want to lie to me and come here to live with me knowing he couldn’t ever be with me cuz of my age and stuff.
But in the midst of this he is still asking for help.
I’m so lost and down…. I feel like I’m never gonna get over him and my pain in my heart.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I’m still secretly hoping that I was wrong… that he did love me like I felt when I looked in his eyes.
He told me this morning he is not like the other guys. He didn’t want to lie to me and come here to live with me knowing he couldn’t ever be with me cuz of my age and stuff.
I’m so lost and down…. I feel like I’m never gonna get over him and my pain in my heart.
Hi @Janiza3 he is testing you and playing with your heart and feelings. His only goal is money. He is saying to you he is not like the other guys but he is.
Let me ask you would you accept it from a man who lives in your country, the constant asking for "help", asking for money? You can like on his Instagram but not allowed to answer anything there? Why not? Makes me think that he is hiding something, he doesn't want another woman to see it maybe? Have you searched for other social media from him? Asked friends to do a search because maybe blocked you from seeing these other social media?
A genuine honnest tunisian man wouldn't ask or accept money from a woman. He is a Muslim and in his culture it is shamefull to accept money from a woman.
We all know how these tunisian love rats work. They start to love bomb you, age is just a number, they want you to visit them and mimic what you like or want from a man or life in general.
He will keep feeding you lies so you will fall more and more in love. His love is fake, all lies...
Bezness is a cruel game they play with innocent women. Women who aren't aware of the existence of love rats.
Don't let him ruin your life we where all once in your shoes and we know how difficult it is to let him go.
Don't think your texts to him are private because he shares them with his ratty friends and are laughing behind our backs. Laughing with us naive women who believe all their lies.
Hugs to you @Janiza3 you will need courage to block him it's the only way to be free again of a scammer. I added a link to read for you these are wise words written by a lovely member from the past but it's up to date today Just remember you are not alone who fell for a tunisian but sad to say 99,9% are rats.

Last edited:

Jane

Major Ratslayer
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please help
I sent you private message

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
He is using you! Why do you want to keep this going? It may be hard but he has told you there’s no future ! Do not keep giving him money this is our problem to begin with to kind hearted when they don’t give a rats ass about us! It’s your life so I guess you will do what you want but I don’t think he can make it much more clear to you , you are his atm machine only.

Sad1

Senior Rat Expert
I had
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please helpI’ve been very similar experience, over more or less the same period of time, even though, but I fully understand the emotions involved ............Personally, I’ve still not been able to stop crying each time I think of the situation, and now, my thoughts are of chopping him into pieces and liquidising him, and feeding him the plants outside, although the latest is, that I’ve managed to block him, after being locked in and blocked by him countless numbers of time over the period because he used it as a power tool, quite frankly the only power tool that he possesses , I think, if you catch my drift !!!!!!!!!
Hard as it may seem, Janiza3...........Move on and NEVER look back !!!!!!!!!
My story is VERY similar to yours, and believe you me I know what I’m talking about.............
Please leave him, and NEVER look back.............HE IS ALL ABOUT HIMSELF !!!!!!!!!

Kate

Rat Expert
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please help
So sorry this happened to you. We all know the heartbreak. So different from a normal break-up sadness, the betrayal, lies and scamming is unbelievable. It just hurts so much. But you will feel better in time. Don’t feel embarrassed. They’re so good at what they do.

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
I feel like such a fool.
I’m so sad and upset.
please help
I wasted over 7 years with my rat!!!!
I was too threatened if I said no
I saw that look change from a smile to a angry face and the mouth would foam and the threats aggression would start
We too planned to marry and I was ready to start visa and a family with him.
He was always mentioning money money money for him !!! That was a turning point because i started to resent the rat taking my money and ne never even receiving a gift !!!
Each time I went to mg my hatred for him spiraled out off control
Once he asked me for 5,000 dinas for a scooter and he had screamed threatened me for this money I went to the bank drew out £1,400 +
=5,000 Dinas came home put it all on my bed and I thought wtf Am I brain dead
I went out bought a washer / dryer / fridge freezer and my children a pair of trainers each the rat was angry so much he blocked me unblocked me and sent me hundreds off messages voice messages telling me I was selfish and greedy to keep my money to myself he said if I died I could not take my money with me !!!!!!
As I looked around I remembered how I had saved hard for so many years and it was also money my father had left me did my father leave it me to pay a scamming rat no and I had a little divorce settlement that I fought hard for
and I never told the rat any off this but i saw it dwindle down and cried when I realised how much the rat had in mg /wu anger set in So bad
I'm.over it now But the big hole in my bank balance serves as a reminder to be strong and refuse never again have idiot across my forehead omits wiped clean
Even a few days before I flew he would ask me always quoting it was last time off asking but as usual they lie !!!!
I had it all violence anger temper abuse manipulation scrounging begging each time he took a little off my love away till I finally had no feelings for him
The last time I went was to make arrangements for wedding but i realised when I looked at him as he was again gimme money for petrol and coffee that there was nothing in my heart for this man he was indeed a tlr !!!
And I was just a ATM !!!!
I often wonder if they did realy love us!

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
Block him before u have a mental breakdown this rat is vile i thought my rat was bad but this rat is supreme in his gain for money power and control he says the most cruelest nasty words to you that I swear he needs his tounge slicing right out
They don't care off how young old beautiful unattractive curvy thin u are you ate a ATM and a place for spitting venom out in your face
He's cruel cut him dead block delete and start life again this was a lesson
We all learnt this lesson the hard way never to be repeated again
Kisses hugs to u strength in you to take away this nasty ratscammer away forever I beg u too now !!!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I wasted over 7 years with my rat!!!!
I was too threatened if I said no
I saw that look change from a smile to a angry face and the mouth would foam and the threats aggression would start
We too planned to marry and I was ready to start visa and a family with him.
He was always mentioning money money money for him !!! That was a turning point because i started to resent the rat taking my money and ne never even receiving a gift !!!
Each time I went to mg my hatred for him spiraled out off control
Once he asked me for 5,000 dinas for a scooter and he had screamed threatened me for this money I went to the bank drew out £1,400 +
=5,000 Dinas came home put it all on my bed and I thought wtf Am I brain dead
I went out bought a washer / dryer / fridge freezer and my children a pair of trainers each the rat was angry so much he blocked me unblocked me and sent me hundreds off messages voice messages telling me I was selfish and greedy to keep my money to myself he said if I died I could not take my money with me !!!!!!
As I looked around I remembered how I had saved hard for so many years and it was also money my father had left me did my father leave it me to pay a scamming rat no and I had a little divorce settlement that I fought hard for
and I never told the rat any off this but i saw it dwindle down and cried when I realised how much the rat had in mg /wu anger set in So bad
I'm.over it now But the big hole in my bank balance serves as a reminder to be strong and refuse never again have idiot across my forehead omits wiped clean
Even a few days before I flew he would ask me always quoting it was last time off asking but as usual they lie !!!!
I had it all violence anger temper abuse manipulation scrounging begging each time he took a little off my love away till I finally had no feelings for him
The last time I went was to make arrangements for wedding but i realised when I looked at him as he was again gimme money for petrol and coffee that there was nothing in my heart for this man he was indeed a tlr !!!
And I was just a ATM !!!!
I often wonder if they did realy love us!
People who never had the sad opportunity to be manipulated by a rat don't know how it feels. When you are manipulated but don't realize it you are fair game to them. Its a sick mind game and these rats are well trained.
Your rat @Moonshine was an agressive vile man he didn't deserve you.
To answer your last sentence : not any rat has feelings or love for the women they are scamming. They love what we provided for them.

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
My rat needs a good beating he thinks he's invincible he's just a dumb arse greedy bastard !!!
Violent temper abusive disgusting in his behaviour
He doesn't know respect not even for himself
He's a arrogant fucker
That thinks he's a handsome stud (realy)
No he's a midget with the personality off an toad !!!!!
Vile aggressive and greedy I can't say nothing else nothing good about him
I wish I could !!!

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Hi and welcome to the forum @Janiza3 I'm very sorry to hear what you went through. I know you already know but I will say it anyway, block him, it really is the best thing you can do. I understand it will be painful and a definite ending to a chapter of your life but all you will be doing is slowly moving on in the right direction. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs to you xx

Shaz001

Ratslayer
That's exactly the fear, the fear it will be over. I was blocked and unblocked constantly. He knew he had control and knew I detested blocking so I would always be there waiting when he unblocked me. I let that happen for months on WhatsApp until I thought, what am I doing and my mental health really hit rock bottom because of him, to the point where I was on antidepressants, so I blocked him. Then the texts started from different numbers and I even thought for a moment, oh fuck, I was wrong, he's fighting for me and not letting me go but no, he needed money. So i am finally proud of myself because as much as it was hassle, I finally changed my phone number. I feel lost without the texts and the buzz but much better off without someone who clearly only loved my money and not me. IM FEELING PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!!

So please please, block him. Don't let him play mind games with you or your mental health will suffer too. Always here for you as are all the fab ladies on this forum who helped me through it. Xxxx

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
That's exactly the fear, the fear it will be over. I was blocked and unblocked constantly. He knew he had control and knew I detested blocking so I would always be there waiting when he unblocked me. I let that happen for months on WhatsApp until I thought, what am I doing and my mental health really hit rock bottom because of him, to the point where I was on antidepressants, so I blocked him. Then the texts started from different numbers and I even thought for a moment, oh fuck, I was wrong, he's fighting for me and not letting me go but no, he needed money. So i am finally proud of myself because as much as it was hassle, I finally changed my phone number. I feel lost without the texts and the buzz but much better off without someone who clearly only loved my money and not me. IM FEELING PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!!

So please please, block him. Don't let him play mind games with you or your mental health will suffer too. Always here for you as are all the fab ladies on this forum who helped me through it. Xxxx
Good job! They get new numbers so easy..I was just looking at my messenger “manage phone contacts” and my rat had so many different numbers it was unreal.. of course they are all blocked! He’s left me alone now but me changing my number is not an option as I use it for work.. so IF he tries I will just block.. gotta love the block button:)

La vie en rose

Rat Expert
So he gave up on the visa, now just using you as a source of income. If you are ok w that why not continue your relationship w him?

Yvonne

Staff member
Rats are devious and keep up the act of deceit for years. Is it the fault of the woman who believes that he loves her or is it the fault of the rat who is a scammer from the start?
Let me be clear in this it's always the fault of the rat and never the fault of the woman

Yvonne xx

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I think you should think before u write !
Once a word is written or said you can't take it back. It's out there and saying something or writing something affects other people one way or another. It's allways difficult on a forum with people of other countries and different languages and sometimes it's understood in an other way but it's important on a forum where we support women who are affected by a rat to choose our words wisely. Words can cut like a knife and it takes forever to heal from it.