Welcome to TLR

Advice needed

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
and you know that young guys from Pakistan livе UK are also looking for older European women, because the young need to buy gifts, spend money, and older women will buy gift, spend money for boy
There is a documentary on YouTube called wedding business, it’s based out of UK. It shows a lot of Indian, Pakistan …. They marry Eastern European women within the European Union that work in England so they can stay in Uk, it’s all organized and arranged by a middle man. Not sure how immigration laws are now…. But that’s what happened

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
There is a documentary on YouTube called wedding business, it’s based out of UK. It shows a lot of Indian, Pakistan …. They marry Eastern European women within the European Union that work in England so they can stay in Uk, it’s all organized and arranged by a middle man. Not sure how immigration laws are now…. But that’s what happened
Yes at one point it was happening quite frequently, I guess that’s why they’ve cracked down on it so much... it was mostly Asian or African men with Polish/Lithuanian women or vice versa... remember hearing about it. I’ve heard it happens a lot in France too. They are called Mariage Gris

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
There are thousands of Pakistanis and Indians live in England! They have loads of corner grocery shops and newsagents! Nice people!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
There are thousands of Pakistanis and Indians live in England! They have loads of corner grocery shops and newsagents! Nice people!
I have no problem with this, they work really hard and are legitimately here - most are born and bred here and contribute society, to taxes etc and most have worked hard through generations to make an honest living.

MH x

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I have no problem with this, they work really hard and are legitimately here - most are born and bred here and contribute society, to taxes etc and most have worked hard through generations to make an honest living.

MH x
After living in USA I gained more respect for immigrants. I tried thinking how would it be for one day without them and their businesses….hhhh it would be like Tunisia… hardly no diversity. Sometimes I miss getting Chinese takeout or visiting Russian grocery… really any culture you want to experience it’s there, I’m sure UK is the same ( I’ve never visited unfortunately). Then here if you go to eat “Italian”, it comes out Tunisian style… you really have spaghetti in your mind and it comes out spicy with lamb or tuna… :( or the worse is when we went to Chili’s in our Mall and I ordered lime chicken breast and out came Tunisian chicken cooked in the basic tomato paste sauce over rice…. Or trying to find ingredients at the grocery store …. It’s a nightmare sometimes. Even Lebanon offered tortillas and celery…. Hhhhh yes celery! You won’t find it here usually. I miss my culture and our food…. Hummus :((((

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
After living in USA I gained more respect for immigrants. I tried thinking how would it be for one day without them and their businesses….hhhh it would be like Tunisia… hardly no diversity. Sometimes I miss getting Chinese takeout or visiting Russian grocery… really any culture you want to experience it’s there, I’m sure UK is the same ( I’ve never visited unfortunately). Then here if you go to eat “Italian”, it comes out Tunisian style… you really have spaghetti in your mind and it comes out spicy with lamb or tuna… :( or the worse is when we went to Chili’s in our Mall and I ordered lime chicken breast and out came Tunisian chicken cooked in the basic tomato paste sauce over rice…. Or trying to find ingredients at the grocery store …. It’s a nightmare sometimes. Even Lebanon offered tortillas and celery…. Hhhhh yes celery! You won’t find it here usually. I miss my culture and our food…. Hummus :((((
I love hummus and Tabbouleh and shish taouk!