Welcome to TLR

Algerian love rat?

Nic25

Rat Expert
Hi, this is my story and I would love everyone’s take on it, I’m so confused ‍♀️. I’m 34 single from England and I met a 31 year old Algerian on a singing App July 2020. He was quick to say I love you. We are friends on Facebook and Instagram and I have his sister on there who I’ve chatted too. I’ve video chatted with his mother. He asked if I would enter into Islam as I’m a Christian. Here is the but recently I had a girl message me claiming to be his fiancée, he denied it and said it was a jealous girl who likes him but he’s not interested in her. Something just doesn’t feel right in my gut. He wants to meet up but I won’t go to Algeria, he suggested Tunisia. I’m scared I’m just a ticket out of Algeria and once he makes his money here in England he will return home and marry this girl. He does have a job but he says he earns very little in the military.

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
Hi Nic25 welcome to the site.

Sorry to say but you have got yourself a rat. Listen to your gut feeling. The rats quickly say I love you, but don't feel a thing. You are there to be used either for a visa or for money. Of course he will deny having a fiancée or any other woman.

Have a good read on here and you will understand more about how they operate. Have a look at some recent posts as there is someone else who is involved with an Algerian who wants her to go to Tunisia. The replies to her will be useful for you to read.

You are just a ticket to him and he will use you then leave and return home to marry someone from his own country (with your money!). Get rid of him!!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Hi, this is my story and I would love everyone’s take on it, I’m so confused ‍♀️. I’m 34 single from England and I met a 31 year old Algerian on a singing App July 2020. He was quick to say I love you. We are friends on Facebook and Instagram and I have his sister on there who I’ve chatted too. I’ve video chatted with his mother. He asked if I would enter into Islam as I’m a Christian. Here is the but recently I had a girl message me claiming to be his fiancée, he denied it and said it was a jealous girl who likes him but he’s not interested in her. Something just doesn’t feel right in my gut. He wants to meet up but I won’t go to Algeria, he suggested Tunisia. I’m scared I’m just a ticket out of Algeria and once he makes his money here in England he will return home and marry this girl. He does have a job but he says he earns very little in the military.
Wow this is heard here so often. The islam NO you cannot get into Algeria so Tunisia is the next best NO the fiancé is more then likely just that as they marry their own usually! The family is more then likely a part of the plan but the first red flag here is I LOVE YOU so early! Get out while you still have your money and dignity!!!! A lot of ladies come here for this reason, I hope they all take the lessons learned here seriously! I’m sure it’s not what you want to hear but face it....we’re not going to gain anything by telling you the truth

Nic25

Rat Expert
Hi Nic25 welcome to the site.

Sorry to say but you have got yourself a rat. Listen to your gut feeling. The rats quickly say I love you, but don't feel a thing. You are there to be used either for a visa or for money. Of course he will deny having a fiancée or any other woman.

Have a good read on here and you will understand more about how they operate. Have a look at some recent posts as there is someone else who is involved with an Algerian who wants her to go to Tunisia. The replies to her will be useful for you to read.

You are just a ticket to him and he will use you then leave and return home to marry someone from his own country (with your money!). Get rid of him!!
Thanks for the reply, It’s crazy the lengths they go to. I need to block him, move on with my life.

Nic25

Rat Expert
Warning when you block he may try other ways to get to you.. different accounts etc especially if he knew you were so close to coming to him
You are so right I blocked him a few months ago and he got his friend to message me, saying he had tried to kill himself as id left him. I know when I type this how stupid I’ve been and it’s emotional blackmail. Maybe have to come off social media for a bit

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Advise please do I block without messaging or give my reasons for going?
Hi Nic25 welcome to the forum. A girl messaged you she was his fiancee and he denied it I would keep talking to the girl and ask her more about it maybe she can send screenshots from conversations with him to you ? As the other ladies suggested read around on the forum as many Algerians act in the same ways as tunisian love rats do. I wouldn't explain anything because he will try to convince you he is an honnest man. Block and delete each time he tries to contact you and set your fb and other social media to private as he will try contact you via friends or family

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
You are so right I blocked him a few months ago and he got his friend to message me, saying he had tried to kill himself as id left him. I know when I type this how stupid I’ve been and it’s emotional blackmail. Maybe have to come off social media for a bit
Oh yes please don’t believe anything that they say or friends or cousin they all le! I’m happy to see you are on to and ahead of his game!

Wiser

Major Ratslayer
Hi Nic25! It's a very common tactic, many of us got those suicidial threats or even got a performance on video. Pure manipulation, that alone is a reason to run over the hills.
It's better to focus on a healthy drama free relationship. Xx

Nic25

Rat Expert
Hi Nic25 welcome to the forum. A girl messaged you she was his fiancee and he denied it I would keep talking to the girl and ask her more about it maybe she can send screenshots from conversations with him to you ? As the other ladies suggested read around on the forum as many Algerians act in the same ways as tunisian love rats do. I wouldn't explain anything because he will try to convince you he is an honnest man. Block and delete each time he tries to contact you and set your fb and other social media to private as he will try contact you via friends or family
Thank you for your response, I asked the girl for proof, but I could tell she was afraid begged me not to say anything to him and was deleting the messages as they came. I did some digging and she was friends with his sister.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Thank you for your response, I asked the girl for proof, but I could tell she was afraid begged me not to say anything to him and was deleting the messages as they came. I did some digging and she was friends with his sister.
It all doesn't sound good I am afraid he is a love rat and as @Wiser said we all had the same tactic that he was about to kill himself and can't live without you :rolleyes:. Manipulation from his side to get to your feelings.

Nic25

Rat Expert
Hi Nic25! It's a very common tactic, many of us got those suicidial threats or even got a performance on video. Pure manipulation, that alone is a reason to run over the hills.
It's better to focus on a healthy drama free relationship. Xx
They play on your emotions, I thought I was a strong women. I feel like a fool but he won’t get a penny from me. So glad I found this website xx
It all doesn't sound good I am afraid he is a love rat and as @Wiser said we all had the same tactic that he was about to kill himself and can't live without you :rolleyes:. Manipulation from his side to get to your feelings.
it’s so cruel and now I feel for his poor fiancé, I guess that’s why I was a good target

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Was she an algerian girl or a foreigner? If she was afraid he would know she talked to you he can't be a sweet man as he probably presents himself to you? Put on your running shoes and start running away from him :)

Wiser

Major Ratslayer
They play on your emotions, I thought I was a strong women. I feel like a fool but he won’t get a penny from me. So glad I found this website xx

it’s so cruel and now I feel for his poor fiancé, I guess that’s why I was a good target
You are not a fool, they do this for living. Professional scamers, You are a compassionate woman, nothing bad about it. Thankfully you can escape on time. Xx

Peacock

Major Ratslayer

Don't feel like a fool, they are professional at conning Western women, they spend all day and night doing it. You are wise and had sense to listen to your gut feelings so now you have the upper hand. He will try to contact you to worm his way back in, but just keep blocking him and his friends and family. They are all scum x

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
Listen to the girls.
He is 31 and not married yet, he is looking for a ‘sponsor’ either to pay for his lame a$$ wedding with that poor girl (who is gonna be miserable for the rest of her life with him) or to help him get a visa until he shows his real face and ruin another innocent woman’s feelings.

Nic25

Rat Expert
Was she an algerian girl or a foreigner? If she was afraid he would know she talked to you he can't be a sweet man as he probably presents himself to you? Put on your running shoes and start running away from him :)
She was Algerian only 21 years old, she was a lovey girl we chatted for ours, I told him one of his friends told me about her to not get her in trouble, bless her.
You are not a fool, they do this for living. Professional scamers, You are a compassionate woman, nothing bad about it. Thankfully you can escape on time. Xx
Thank you, I hope this doesn’t change me. I’m not going to trust anyone xx
Listen to the girls.
He is 31 and not married yet, he is looking for a ‘sponsor’ either to pay for his lame a$$ wedding with that poor girl (who is gonna be miserable for the rest of her life with him) or to help him get a visa until he shows his real face and ruin another innocent woman’s feelings.
i agree totally, I’ve blocked him, just awaiting to see if he contacts me through another way x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
She was Algerian only 21 years old, she was a lovey girl we chatted for ours, I told him one of his friends told me about her to not get her in trouble, bless her.

Thank you, I hope this doesn’t change me. I’m not going to trust anyone xx

i agree totally, I’ve blocked him, just awaiting to see if he contacts me through another way x
He will contact you again you are his ticket out of Algeria. Maybe not him but one of his friends or his family be careful they don't stop easily x