Welcome to TLR

Algerian love rat?

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
You are so right I blocked him a few months ago and he got his friend to message me, saying he had tried to kill himself as id left him. I know when I type this how stupid I’ve been and it’s emotional blackmail. Maybe have to come off social media for a bit
They all say the same sh*te and guess what, to date none of them have followed through they are all alive and kicking. The victims on the other hand...

You have dodged a bullet. I realised these men thrive on drama. They are incredibly histrionic, impulsive and prone to cheating and violence. It’s like Pandora’s box every day a new surprise and not the good kind. If you’re laid back like I am it’s a nightmare. Day trading on Wall Street would be less stressful. They are not worth it, when we say they have nothing to offer, we mean nothing. Yeah, that too lol.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, this is my story and I would love everyone’s take on it, I’m so confused ‍♀️. I’m 34 single from England and I met a 31 year old Algerian on a singing App July 2020. He was quick to say I love you. We are friends on Facebook and Instagram and I have his sister on there who I’ve chatted too. I’ve video chatted with his mother. He asked if I would enter into Islam as I’m a Christian. Here is the but recently I had a girl message me claiming to be his fiancée, he denied it and said it was a jealous girl who likes him but he’s not interested in her. Something just doesn’t feel right in my gut. He wants to meet up but I won’t go to Algeria, he suggested Tunisia. I’m scared I’m just a ticket out of Algeria and once he makes his money here in England he will return home and marry this girl. He does have a job but he says he earns very little in the military.
Wow I would be rich if I had a £ for every time a rat says ‘it’s just a jealous girl blah blah :rolleyes:

He is in the military, how long has he been doing that or does he mean police?

Do you trust this ‘fiancé’? I only ask because they often get their friends to play with your mind.

We seem to be getting more and more Algerians on here all trying the same bullshit and wanting to meet/marry in Tunisia :rolleyes:

Please read up as much as you can about the cultures as we are poles apart.

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Wow I would be rich if I had a £ for every time a rat says ‘it’s just a jealous girl blah blah :rolleyes:

Do you trust this ‘fiancé’? I only ask because they often get their friends to play with your mind.

We seem to be getting more and more Algerians on here all trying the same bullshit and wanting to meet/marry in Tunisia :rolleyes:

MH x
Wise words @Nic25 and I can confirme that @MH about the Algerians . On my fake profile I had 2 Algerians and as soon as you like 1 of these men's fotos the requests come flooding in. There was 1 algerian (chatted only 2 days to him about every day life) and he wanted to get married already :eek:. Last week's there are a few from Cuba to and declaring love to me :cool: The internet is infested with rats you just have to be careful.

Nic25

Rat Expert
I t

MH x
i Don’t trust a word he says, think that’s why I found this site. I’ve blocked him now. The girl came across very genuine but I feel like I’ve lost trust in everyone. The cultural differences are massive, I think I’m to old to change my ways and I don’t want too x

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
On top of that an Algerian would never attempt suicide over a romantic issue. First of all it is a sin in Islam and they are too cowardly to end their despicable life and secondly, Algerians are very stubborn, proud and thick headed.
He is just frustrated things don’t go his way.
For all the trouble he put you through he deserves to be blocked and dumped. I feel sorry there are still girls fighting for his attention.
Also if he is still in the military, he may not be allowed to marry a foreigner. If he is looking for a way to leave his country it shows he is a traitor and an opportunist !

Nic25

Rat Expert

MH x
He said he worked for the army the republican guard, for 7 years.
I t

i Don’t trust a word he says, think that’s why I found this site. I’ve blocked him now. The girl came across very genuine but I feel like I’ve lost trust in everyone. The cultural differences are massive, I think I’m to old to change my ways and I don’t want too x

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
I t

They don’t deserve us to change for them. Even if you changed it would never be enough. They are never satisfied they want everything and nothing. We cannot survive like this.

Nic25

Rat Expert
On top of that an Algerian would never attempt suicide over a romantic issue. First of all it is a sin in Islam and they are too cowardly to end their despicable life and secondly, Algerians are very stubborn, proud and thick headed.
He is just frustrated things don’t go his way.
For all the trouble he put you through he deserves to be blocked and dumped. I feel sorry there are still girls fighting for his attention.
I said this to him it’s against Islam and it’s a cowards way out, he went crazy with me. Then I blocked 3 days later his friend messaged me saying he was in hospital with photos of him.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I’m ready to block anything that comes my way. He has my mobile number so until I change that I’m never free, I’ve deleted what’s app deleted Instagram and opened a new FB account in a new name.
I’m always in fb jail for speaking my mind just got out last night I don’t get any request because the way it’s set up but I’m about to deactivate mine not hardly worth my time to look anymore. You did a smart thing social media kinda sucks now days

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I t

I know I’m too old to change my ways... the culture differences are very different and no I still don’t believe a word my ex says a bunch of words, lies they are not even amusing

Amira

Major Ratslayer
Hi, this is my story and I would love everyone’s take on it, I’m so confused ‍♀️. I’m 34 single from England and I met a 31 year old Algerian on a singing App July 2020. He was quick to say I love you. We are friends on Facebook and Instagram and I have his sister on there who I’ve chatted too. I’ve video chatted with his mother. He asked if I would enter into Islam as I’m a Christian. Here is the but recently I had a girl message me claiming to be his fiancée, he denied it and said it was a jealous girl who likes him but he’s not interested in her. Something just doesn’t feel right in my gut. He wants to meet up but I won’t go to Algeria, he suggested Tunisia. I’m scared I’m just a ticket out of Algeria and once he makes his money here in England he will return home and marry this girl. He does have a job but he says he earns very little in the military.
Not good . Understand well that you are worried especially after a message in from his lady down there. I think he only uses you for a residence permit. Stay away from this man

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
My parents were worried if I met him in Tunisia that it would be dangerous, could be robbed by him or kidnapped. I thought this was very far fetched but has anyone experienced this?

I haven't experienced it personally - Although I'm sure my rat stole some of my (not too valuable) things that mysteriously went missing and he definitely lied to con money out of me.

However, I do personally know 3 women who were locked in while their rats and their families took their bank and credit cards and drained their accounts ☹ All three escaped or were kicked out when there was nothing left. These three I know personally and the there are other similar stories I have heard second and third hand :(

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I said this to him it’s against Islam and it’s a cowards way out, he went crazy with me. Then I blocked 3 days later his friend messaged me saying he was in hospital with photos of him.

My parents were worried if I met him in Tunisia that it would be dangerous, could be robbed by him or kidnapped. I thought this was very far fetched but has anyone experienced this?
There are so many stories here @Nic25 and yes there where ladies who had really bad experiences with these men out there. I found a post from @Big Bang Theory and she knows what she is talking about. Post in thread 'I need help!' https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/i-need-help.4719/post-267891

MarinaHi

Ratslayer
Мои родители волновались, если я встречу его в Тунисе, что это будет опасно, он может быть ограблен или похищен. Я думал, что это было очень надуманным, но кто-нибудь испытал это?
Ladies, take a look at this Facebook page, Algerians are looking for a wife in Russia and are discussing how to get a visa to Europe. Maybe you will see familiar men.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-06-21-42-36-528_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-06-21-42-36-528_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2021-02-06-21-38-43-110_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-06-21-38-43-110_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
Not usually, but entirely possible in a country where you’re a foreigner with no support network. As Mica said being in an apartment arranged by the man is a danger zone... they can and do lock women in and where can you turn to...? Always better to make your own arrangements since they’re never the ones paying anyway...

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Horrible things like that have happened to foreign women in Tunisia before unfortunately but most likely, nothing bad would happen to you. He’s -probably- not going to harm you right away since he wants to meet there to get married. The abuse and damage will come later.

A few days ago, Butterflies posted a link from the US Embassy in Algeria. Section 3 is especially important to read for foreign women who were courted and proposed online by Algerian men (see the bullet points) #9 talks about Algerian men wanting to marry in Tunisia. Please, understand that it’s not normal for an Algerian to travel to Tunisia to marry. That is yet another big red flag and should indicate you there is a big chance he has ulterior motives.

Last edited:

Nic25

Rat Expert

Nic25

Rat Expert
Horrible things like that have happened to foreign women in Tunisia before unfortunately but most likely, nothing bad would happen to you. He’s not going to harm you right away since he wants to meet there to get married. The damage and harm will come later.

A few days ago, Butterflies posted a link from the US Embassy in Algeria. The section 3 is very important to read for foreign women who were courted and proposed online by Algerian men (see the bullet points) #9 talks about Algerian men wanting to marry in Tunisia. Please, understand that it’s not normal for an Algerian to travel to Tunisia to marry. That is yet another big red flag and should indicate you there is a big chance he has ulterior motives.
Thank you, this site has opened my eyes for sure

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
Horrible things like that have happened to foreign women in Tunisia before unfortunately but most likely, nothing bad would happen to you. He’s -probably- not going to harm you right away since he wants to meet there to get married. The abuse and damage will come later.

A few days ago, Butterflies posted a link from the US Embassy in Algeria. The section 3 is very important to read for foreign women who were courted and proposed online by Algerian men (see the bullet points) #9 talks about Algerian men wanting to marry in Tunisia. Please, understand that it’s not normal for an Algerian to travel to Tunisia to marry. That is yet another big red flag and should indicate you there is a big chance he has ulterior motives.

I'm very impressed with the US Embassy, I wish the UK Embassy would give the same warnings.

The whole link is very relevant but I just want to highlight this bit:

The U.S. Embassy has seen several cases in which U.S. citizens are lured to Algeria and are then held against their will in abusive situations. U.S. citizens who do not speak the local languages and are dependent solely on the one Algerian national are especially vulnerable. Sometimes the U.S. citizen is able to escape only with police / Embassy intervention. U.S. citizens in this situation have often found that their personal and financial information is hacked. As a U.S. citizen, you need to be responsible for ensuring you are in legal status in Algeria and not rely on someone promising to take care of it for you. The Algerian national may try to threaten to have you arrested/deported if you do not follow his or her commands.

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
Not usually, but entirely possible in a country where you’re a foreigner with no support network. As Mica said being in an apartment arranged by the man is a danger zone... they can and do lock women in and where can you turn to...? Always better to make your own arrangements since they’re never the ones paying anyway...
Also I would like to state again, its illegal for unmarried couples to stay in an apartment in Tunisia!

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Nic25 sorry I'm a bit late but welcome to the forum. I won't be repeating everything that was already said but yes I smell a big fat rat. Also I completely agree with your parents, it is dangerous for you to go. Especially if you even consider staying in the apartment and if you don't know the language. If anything would have happened to you the police would have very little interest in it and like it was already pointed out it is illegal for unmarried couples to stay together. As some of the members may remember I have spoken few times about my experience with Algerian men in Tunisia. I was staying in a 5 star hotel and a group of 3 Algerian men tried to break into my room in the middle of the night, when I reported it I have been told that they are regular customers of the hotel! So was I btw. And that was a 5 star hotel so please don't even consider staying in some dodgy apartment. I would block him and move on with your life but I understand that we are all humans and we all make mistakes so if you would somehow still consider going please make sure to book into a nice hotel rather than letting him book some dodgy apartment.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Nic25 sorry I'm a bit late but welcome to the forum. I won't be repeating everything that was already said but yes I smell a big fat rat. Also I completely agree with your parents, it is dangerous for you to go. Especially if you even consider staying in the apartment and if you don't know the language. If anything would have happened to you the police would have very little interest in it and like it was already pointed out it is illegal for unmarried couples to stay together. As some of the members may remember I have spoken few times about my experience with Algerian men in Tunisia. I was staying in a 5 star hotel and a group of 3 Algerian men tried to break into my room in the middle of the night, when I reported it I have been told that they are regular customers of the hotel! So was I btw. And that was a 5 star hotel so please don't even consider staying in some dodgy apartment. I would block him and move on with your life but I understand that we are all humans and we all make mistakes so if you would somehow still consider going please make sure to book into a nice hotel rather than letting him book some dodgy apartment.
That had to be so frightening I’m glad you are ok and I wouldn’t expect much from the police unfortunately! As you didn’t get much from them ughhh