Welcome to TLR

Algerian meeting in Tunisia

tutusandfrogs

Major Ratslayer
With my Tunisian husband, it's normal to talk around all his family. He doesn't talk to me around his friends, he will leave the table. But, that's to respect me. He doesn't want his friends looking at me... we've already had issues with some trying to add me on Facebook (they don't know me) even though they knew we were married. But family... shouldn't be any issue.

Wiser

Major Ratslayer
Hi, Croydon girl, we booked an air b and b and the war's of the apartment seemed to have no problem. He said in Algeria we would have to boom two hotel rooms but he said in Tunis it was more relaxed. we have talked about art religion and philosophy at length and he is very intelligent and we have literally talked for hours everyday since January... 8 months now. He is not a practicing Muslim. He is very alternative in his style.
Hi! Welcome to the forum, he is telling the truth regarding Tunisia being more relaxed than Algeria, the point is marriage is also quicker in Tunisia, he is evidently interested in migration, please do not marry that quick, know him better, take time, learn from laws and culture before riding that horse.
Investigate your country requirements to sponsor a foreign spouse...
in Tunisia it’s illegal to stay together if the couple is not married, that means risk of getting jailed...

I agree I just don't get these quick marraiges surely to god people should realise this is a red flag in itself.
Any one can be who ever you want them to be behind a phone or computer
Meeting people in the flesh on the first visit and marrying is astounding
Don't even know the person
Dear God it's not an arranged marraige situation

Cazza99

Hi cazza, the bit about him not being able to speak at night is a big blazing red flag alert for me..... especially as he sees you as his future wife. Seems like he's hiding something. Maybe he is already married or something.
It's a bit more complex than that. He is quite happy to talk to me until 2, 3 or 4 a.m. If I am up but once he goes to sleep he mutes his phone... I on the other hand can always be reached if you ring my phone. Plus he has an old phone that dosen't have great battery and he would turn it off while he charged it. Sometimes when he was out with his friends after about 6 hours he would be unavailable because his phone died. So all in all about 50 percent of the time he was unavailable. I'm pointed this out to him and he tried to fix it. He got a new battery and he only turns off his internet so I can ring him if I need him. I feel slightly humilated that I had to argue about these things to get them if I am really as important to him as he says. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. It's so great of you...

Cazza99

Hi! Welcome to the forum, he is telling the truth regarding Tunisia being more relaxed than Algeria, the point is marriage is also quicker in Tunisia, he is evidently interested in migration, please do not marry that quick, know him better, take time, learn from laws and culture before riding that horse.
Investigate your country requirements to sponsor a foreign spouse...
in Tunisia it’s illegal to stay together if the couple is not married, that means risk of getting jailed...
I really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply and I am certainly taking it all on board!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
He got a new battery and he only turns off his internet so I can ring him if I need him.
That must be costing a fortune if you have to ring him without internet.

It is all very fishy and you are right to doubt his sincerity - read about the culture, read the forums on here. Strange that it's always later in the day that his phone dies :(

Just make yourself as aware as possible and keep your eyes open and purse closed.

MH x

Cazza99

That must be costing a fortune if you have to ring him without internet.

It is all very fishy and you are right to doubt his sincerity - read about the culture, read the forums on here. Strange that it's always later in the day that his phone dies :(

Just make yourself as aware as possible and keep your eyes open and purse closed.

MH x
Butterfly, I am really trying but it's kind of tortuous to not trust and so hard to prove anything. He keeps saying he has to go to the electric company to pay the electric because of some issues of online payment portals not working but he has gone like 4 times in the last few weeks to make this payment. He told me last night he has to go again today and I am really wondering if the electric company would even be open on a Sunday? I know they have different holy days and they changed the weekend around... But I don't think these types of businesses are even open in a Sunday? Do you know?

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Butterfly, I am really trying but it's kind of tortuous to not trust and so hard to prove anything. He keeps saying he has to go to the electric company to pay the electric because of some issues of online payment portals not working but he has gone like 4 times in the last few weeks to make this payment. He told me last night he has to go again today and I am really wondering if the electric company would even be open on a Sunday? I know they have different holy days and they changed the weekend around... But I don't think these types of businesses are even open in a Sunday? Do you know?
Very suspicious but I don't know the answer regarding opening hours - perhaps one of these can help @ismail @Aldin @tutusandfrogs @Lass or @Going for the limit

MH x

Saraf

Junior Rat Expert
It would be open in a Sunday. It would close on Friday and possibly Saturday. Also the bac exams are on today meaning the internet is switched off at different times to stop the students cheating!!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I wouldn’t think they were opened on Sunday either not a major place like that.. not sure if he’s in Tunisia but mine about 2017 June I believe until last October his town tozeur the electricity was not even working we would speak and see each other sometimes 1 hr sometimes 5 minutes (they were working on electricity due to more people moving there) I guess I’m stupid I’m still wondering if this is true??????

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
@Cazza99 Sorry my mistake, I was forgetting that he is Algerian not Tunisian however I have looked it up and they should be open on Sundays and rest days are Thursday and Friday.

This doesn't mean he is telling the truth however ;)

MH x