Welcome to TLR

Animators in the hotels ladies please read !

Lena

Absolute typical signs of Bezness (success rate almost 100%) are:

• The words "I love you / want to marry you" after just a few hours or days.
    Even when "love at first sight" exists, it is, in reality, very, very rare. And it is even more unlikely to happen for a man who meets every day new women, as it is the case for workers in the tourism industry.
    Nobody would like to hear it, but the chances to win the national lottery are significantly higher than the chance of a tourist to meet the love of her/his life in Tunisia in the hotel, on the beach or on the streets.

• All requests for money and gifts
    A serious Tunisian man will never ask his girlfriend or wife for money (or to pay something for him).
    The Tunisian code of conduct (and the law) demands that a husband provides for his wife - no ifs and no buts!
    If he can not do that, then he is not considered an acceptable candidate for marriage, and even more, he is not even a serious or honorable candidate at all, because a serious man will do what is humanly possible to him, to prove his ability to provide for his (future) wife.
    In fact, no tunisian man would even dare to approach the parents of a woman for a marriage without the proposition for an appropriate marriage gift for his (future) wife - which almost always consists of genuine gold jewellry.
    People from western countries often shun this off and say "it is normal for us to (sometimes) pay for a spouse" - and this is absolutely correct, it is normal in western countries. But it is not normal in Tunisia. Because, in Tunisia, the proof of being able to provide is how the "good" are told from the "bad", and it would be very wise for a western woman to seriously consider that if she intends to marry a person from that very country!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member

Even when "love at first sight" exists, it is, in reality, very, very rare. And it is even more unlikely to happen for a man who meets every day new women, as it is the case for workers in the tourism industry.
    Nobody would like to hear it, but the chances to win the national lottery are significantly higher than the chance of a tourist to meet the love of her/his life in Tunisia in the hotel, on the beach or on the streets.

A serious Tunisian man will never ask his girlfriend or wife for money (or to pay something for him).
    The Tunisian code of conduct (and the law) demands that a husband provides for his wife - no ifs and no buts!
    If he can not do that, then he is not considered an acceptable candidate for marriage, and even more, he is not even a serious or honorable candidate at all, because a serious man will do what is humanly possible to him, to prove his ability to provide for his (future) wife.
    In fact, no tunisian man would even dare to approach the parents of a woman for a marriage without the proposition for an appropriate marriage gift for his (future) wife - which almost always consists of genuine gold jewellry.
    People from western countries often shun this off and say "it is normal for us to (sometimes) pay for a spouse" - and this is absolutely correct, it is normal in western countries. But it is not normal in Tunisia. Because, in Tunisia, the proof of being able to provide is how the "good" are told from the "bad", and it would be very wise for a western woman to seriously consider that if she intends to marry a person from that very country!
Really good post Lass, thank you

MH x

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

I wouldn’t think it’s appropriate anywhere to pay for a spouse or anything for a man in a relationship!! Unless a birthday gift something to that effect! And love has nothing to do with it! Love at first sight

really not normal or appropriate anywhere for females to pay for men! I don’t know why we thought so when we were with them.. and we we more less probably just trying to help out of the goodness of our hearts but no not normal

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I wouldn’t think it’s appropriate anywhere to pay for a spouse or anything for a man in a relationship!! Unless a birthday gift something to that effect! And love has nothing to do with it! Love at first sight

really not normal or appropriate anywhere for females to pay for men! I don’t know why we thought so when we were with them.. and we we more less probably just trying to help out of the goodness of our hearts but no not normal
Sorry went to make a face and thought I lost my remark don’t mean to duplicate

Amira

Major Ratslayer

It is not normal for one party to pay for everything in a marriage, neither in Western countries nor in Tunisia. Scams have started to become very common so it should ring a bell if a man asks for money / gifts after a short while. Scams have been in the media often so most people know how to say no. These men test women to see who they can get the most out of. It is probably only material things talked about from the beginning. and exploitation .It is not ok to go on a date right away or not to drink too much alcohol so that you lose your inhibitions. This does not apply to everyone.

Wara2

In my case he didn't ask for money for himself, but for his parents. They lived on the outskirts of Tunis and now they move closer to the center. His father owns a cafe. Now he must not travel more than an hour to go in town. The parents needed for renting the flat money to pay for the two month Rent deposit. I gave the money to him for his parents. He wants to marry me and I want to marry him. Therefore I already processing the papers for his marriage Visa. Reading all those posts I do get some doubts about his intentions. In summer I lived with him for almost 3 month in al flat which I rented for us. It was 950€ per month which I paid. He has a certificate as a recognized Animateur. He went 13 years to school but then he droped out of school. I am 25 years old and he is one year older. When he is in my country he will have no problem with staying home and do the house while I'm working.
How does that all sound to you?

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
In my case he didn't ask for money for himself, but for his parents. They lived on the outskirts of Tunis and now they move closer to the center. His father owns a cafe. Now he must not travel more than an hour to go in town. The parents needed for renting the flat money to pay for the two month Rent deposit. I gave the money to him for his parents. He wants to marry me and I want to marry him. Therefore I already processing the papers for his marriage Visa. Reading all those posts I do get some doubts about his intentions. In summer I lived with him for almost 3 month in al flat which I rented for us. It was 950€ per month which I paid. He has a certificate as a recognized Animateur. He went 13 years to school but then he droped out of school. I am 25 years old and he is one year older. When he is in my country he will have no problem with staying home and do the house while I'm working.
Hi @Wara2 welcome to the forum. The fact he accepted money isn't a good sign. Not any decent tunisian man accepts money from a woman. No ifs and no buts. And in all fairness animators are known being rats so I would do more investigating if I was you. Did you search his name here or looked through the media section?

Wara2

Thank you for your response, Butterfflies. I wanted to go to the "gallery" maybe his picture is there to be found.
But I don't know how to get access the gallery. Can you tell me what I must do to this accessß

Mica

Administrator
Staff member

If his parents own a cafe they are not impoverished and, without doubt (especially a cafe in centre Tunis) , they would have enough money to pay their own deposit and rent :mad:. In Tunisia the owner of a cafe very rarely works in the cafe, they have staff, this includes the small basic man cafes, so no need for him to travel in on a daily basis. It all sounds like bullshit to me.
Out of interest, how much was their months rent and deposit?

Which part of Tunisia was the flat you rented?
€950 is about 3,109 dinar per month ???
As a guideline, a friend of mine recently rented a reasonably nice two bedroom flat near Kantaoui (a relatively expensive area) for the summer for 850 dinar a month (€260). The capital, Tunis, is a little more expensive but not that much !!

Did you visit his parents while you were there? Did you visit his fathers cafe? Are you sure it was really his fathers cafe?

A certificate as a recognised Animateur :confused: I don't believe there is such a thing?? I live in Tunisia and know quite a few Tunisians who have worked in animation over the years. None of them have ever mentioned a certificate and usually get work via word of mouth, such as a friend recommending them, whether they have previous experience or not..

I'm sorry but everything you've said points to a visa hunting rat who has already made money from you:(

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
You click on the stripes on the left side of your screen. There you will find media and all the pictures of the rats who are mentioned here. You can also do a search on the forum just type his name and click search if he is mentioned here his name will pop up. But not all rats are mentioned here there are lots of women who are scared to out their rat due to blackmail or to scared to do it as some rats can be very nasty

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
OMG this sounds like he has found himself a key to an atm and his dream!! THINK ABOUT IT…..why does a man ask a female for money ???? In any circumstances they should not!! He works in the business where I’m sure he entertains and probably gets money from them. He will what do the dishes while you work in your country???? Yeah right,:) that’s what he wants out of his country and into yours! Hey I guess you have paid for all the papers you are preparing for him! No matter how you look at it HE’S A RAT……. RUN!!! Welcome here, and I know when I would send US dollars it would double but euros WOW it’s alot that you have paid!!!!! FOR his love?????

Last edited:

Wara2

OMG this sounds like he has found himself a key to an atm and his dream!! THINK ABOUT IT…..why does a man ask a female for money ???? In any circumstances they should not!! He works in the business whepre I’m sure he entertains and probably gets money from them. He will what do the dishes while you work in your country???? Yeah right,:) that’s what he wants out of his country and into yours! Hey I guess you have paid for all the papers you are preparing for him! No matter how you look at it HE’S A RAT……. RUN!!! Welcome here
He asked the money for his parents not for himself. I asked him if he would take care of the household and if we had a child if I could work while he was at home taking care of the child. No problem - he assured me.
Yes, i am paying for all the papers, copies, fees and everything. Run away : Everyday we have video calls. I love him.

Wara2

You click on the stripes on the left side of your screen. There you will find media and all the pictures of the rats who are mentioned here. You can also do a search on the forum just type his name and click search if he is mentioned here his name will pop up. But not all rats are mentioned here there are lots of women who are scared to out their rat due to blackmail or to scared to do it as some rats can be very nasty
yes, now I got access. Thany you. But there are so many

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
If his parents own a cafe they are not impoverished and, without doubt (especially a cafe in centre Tunis) , they would have enough money to pay their own deposit and rent :mad:. In Tunisia the owner of a cafe very rarely works in the cafe, they have staff, this includes the small basic man cafes, so no need for him to travel in on a daily basis. It all sounds like bullshit to me.

As a guideline, a friend of mine recently rented a reasonably nice two bedroom flat near Kantaoui (a relatively expensive area) for the summer for 850 dinar a month (€260). The capital, Tunis, is a little more expensive but not that much !!

Did you visit his parents while you were there? Did you visit his fathers cafe? Are you sure it was really his fathers cafe?

A certificate as a recognised Animateur :confused: I don't believe there is such a thing?? I live in Tunisia and know quite a few Tunisians who have worked in animation over the years. None of them have ever mentioned a certificate and usually get work via word of mouth, such as a friend recommending them, whether they have previous experience or not..

I'm sorry but everything you've said points to a visa hunting rat who has already made money from you:(
If I may ask.. wth is an animateur? And do you really need a certificate or just a brain cell??

Wara2

yes, now I got access. Thany you. But there are so many
If I may ask.. wth is an animateur? And do you really need a certificate or just a brain cell??
He worked as a sports animator in the hotel.
He did gymnastics courses and the like with tourists.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer

@Wara2 950 euros is insane! I live in Sousse, although it’s not as expensive as Tunis, but still nice area for tourism so prices can be inflated. As @Mica said it doesn’t sound right. Did you actually see a contract or receipt for the apartment? I do not think this man is genuine from what you said, cafe owners are not hurting for money in most cases and good parents wouldn’t have accepted that money if they knew it came from you. And number one…. He would have never asked you for that money if he was a good man, it’s disrespectful and completely unacceptable. I’ll tell you something about Tunisians and Arabs in general, if one of us get in some financial troubles as he said, the family and friends all pitch in and give the money and next time they need it you then return the help. That is how it is here truthfully, not every person here can ask a foreign woman for “help”, but they still make ends meet. And something as I see you said is the staying together 3 months unmarried, as an Arab woman let me tell you that a respectful man that you want to be your husband and father of children never would have allowed that, it’s dishonorable for you being unmarried and illegal also. But I don’t think he has respect for you and it never will grow, you are only going to provide him with visa. If he met a Arab woman and offered for her to live with him 3 months unmarried and pay the cost… hhhh if it was me my father, brothers, cousins… they would hang him in the street to even get that idea in his head. I really suggest you learn more about the culture, it’s not something you can learn in 3 months or talking to him.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
All over Tunisia, especially Sousse , Tunis… tourist areas they have these little tourism and hotel schools…. Sorta like trade school on USA. It’s equivalent to like little medical coding schools in USA, basically a school for a job you don’t need any training to obtain. I hope I explain good, understand?

Mica

Administrator
Staff member

Mostly you don't even need a brain cell :speechless:
You can watch quite a few Animateur shows on youtube. They just need a bouncy extrovert personality.

I know a few who do snake handling or fire eating. They just get jobs as and when and learnt just by working with others. No qualification needed.

Wara2

It is a basic man cafe. I was never there. Because of covid he doesn't really earn money. His mother has a permanent job with her income the family is supported. I visited her family and I was with the mother in a hamam. His younger sister lives in the family. The parents make a simple, bourgeois impression on me.
I am in the process of getting all the papers needed to be submitted in Tunis at the embassy. Like, Certificate of marriageability, Proof, my Residents' registration and so on.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
He asked the money for his parents not for himself. I asked him if he would take care of the household and if we had a child if I could work while he was at home taking care of the child. No problem - he assured me.
Yes, i am paying for all the papers, copies, fees and everything. Run away : Everyday we have video calls. I love him.
Yeah we had video calls every day several hours a day.. I loved mine too! Parents, REALLY come on you think it was for parents or him? How well do you know this rat? Because this is what he wants, your money and a visa yeah take care of his business not yours not ours but he is looking out for himself! He is counting on your love! Because if you love him you will give and give and give till you are broke and have nothing else to give then he will move on

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Mostly you don't even need a brain cell :speechless:
You can watch quite a few Animateur shows on youtube. They just need a bouncy extrovert personality.

I know a few who do snake handling or fire eating. They just get jobs as and when and learnt just by working with others. No qualification needed.
I kinda figured.. animator as In cartoons:) thanks for clarifying

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
And of course you are paying for all the papers you know why because he can’t offer you even a pot to pee in

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
All over Tunisia, especially Sousse , Tunis… tourist areas they have these little tourism and hotel schools…. Sorta like trade school on USA. It’s equivalent to like little medical coding schools in USA, basically a school for a job you don’t need any training to obtain. I hope I explain good, understand?
My understanding is that those schools are more for hotel/restaurant management, reception, hospitality, hotel marketing and such like, rather than singing, dancing, laying on nail beds etc.
The few I know who are more specialised (snake charming and fire eating) never attended one of those schools, they just learnt by working with others.

Wara2

@Wara2 950 euros is insane! I live in Sousse, although it’s not as expensive as Tunis, but still nice area for tourism so prices can be inflated. As @Mica said it doesn’t sound right. Did you actually see a contract or receipt for the apartment? I do not think this man is genuine from what you said, cafe owners are not hurting for money in most cases and good parents wouldn’t have accepted that money if they knew it came from you. And number one…. He would have never asked you for that money if he was a good man, it’s disrespectful and completely unacceptable. I’ll tell you something about Tunisians and Arabs in general, if one of us get in some financial troubles as he said, the family and friends all pitch in and give the money and next time they need it you then return the help. That is how it is here truthfully, not every person here can ask a foreign woman for “help”, but they still make ends meet. And something as I see you said is the staying together 3 months unmarried, as an Arab woman let me tell you that a respectful man that you want to be your husband and father of children never would have allowed that, it’s dishonorable for you being unmarried and illegal also. But I don’t think he has respect for you and it never will grow, you are only going to provide him with visa. If he met a Arab woman and offered for her to live with him 3 months unmarried and pay the cost… hhhh if it was me my father, brothers, cousins… they would hang him in the street to even get that idea in his head. I really suggest you learn more about the culture, it’s not something you can learn in 3 months or talking to him.
Aisha1 - I am grateful for your message. I didn't see any contract. The insight into cultural behaviour you give with your post is so valuable. But I love him. He says things to me, nobody did before.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
My understanding is that those schools are more for hotel/restaurant management, reception, hospitality, hotel marketing and such like, rather than singing, dancing, laying on nail beds etc.
The few I know who are more specialised (snake charming and fire eating) never attended one of those schools, they just learnt by working with others.
Yea most are, but some are cheaper and make money on certificates as he said. We have one friend that had like 3 of those certificates. It’s not like the ones for management, cooks or language… just like I said like little trade schools to make money on guarantee positions… really it’s joke

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Aisha1 - I am grateful for your message. I didn't see any contract. The insight into cultural behaviour you give with your post is so valuable. But I love him. He says things to me, nobody did before.
We see right now what you do not see until it’s unfortunately to late. All I can do is tell you what is normal and what’s not, and from what you say he is not husband material. Rats specifically know how to use words that make you feel like you are on top of the world…. It’s the same words they all use. The words are fake and basically a system they all share. If you love him and want to see his true colors then never give him money again, act like an Arab woman and ask for things from him… that is when you will see his love. Ask some women on the forum about the special words, they will fill you in.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Sounds like they have made enough money off of her to live comfortably in Tunisia for a while!!!!

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Professional animator
Of course he is going to tell he wants to have a family with you and sell you a dream at first.
Our rats have been no different.
He assured you, they all assure everything, but that's all words isn't it?
You will pay for a lot more later when the demands become more.
everyday you have a video call, well that's to create a bond so he hooks you in.
You don't see what's really going on behind closed doors.
The fact that you even came on here for advice is because you yourself have doubts.
All the rats said beautiful things nobody had ever said before.
Because they have an agenda, so they put on the charm.
Why don't you give yourself time to test him out?
The fact you are doing all this in the least amount of time means there is some pressure
on his side to come over there.
Don't you know the families are in on it?
The more you do, the better off his family will be so of course he will keep on saying whatever you want to hear.
I am not being paranoid and you can do as you want, but it will be like buyers remorse.
There's no such thing as a professional animator, sorry sounds like a professional bullshitter.
Sorry I was with my ex-rat for years and they can wait until they get what they want
and sad to say the real percentages of marriages with foreign victims that work out are
less than 10 percent.
It doesn't seem like you are ready to hear the truth no matter what we say.