Welcome to TLR

Another Shooting!

stupidone565

Major Ratslayer
@stupidone565 you live there in sousse? how long? and are you married there?

I am from Holland, went to Sousse 22 july to live with my rat in appertment, first night he emptied my bankaccount, second night he left when i was sleeping, so i was alone in Tunisia without money. Couldnt go back then and decided to stay until police found him. Still here now, almost ready to go home...:^)

R

rose711

Crazy people :^)
I was reading on a dutch poll people are more afraid of attacks in UK then in Tunisia.
They prefer to go to Tunisia if they had to chose..
They will change their minds if people continue to brazenly shoot at and murder police. There could easily have been 3 police killed.
Not every story is calling it terrorism but who else is going to murder a policeman in Souse who is just standing and waiting for transport?

stupidone565

Major Ratslayer
They will change their minds if people continue to brazenly shoot at and murder police. There could easily have been 3 police killed.
Not every story is calling it terrorism but who else is going to murder a policeman in Souse who is just standing and waiting for transport?

Security from hotels say it was a personal thing, and had to do with drugs, i dont know, looks like nothing more is said about it?

stupidone565

Major Ratslayer
Police Officers

Tunisia, Aug 20 (Prensa Latina) Tunisia is now in tension, because of the killing of three police officers, by machine gun shots, in the city of Suda, the scenery of an attack to a hotel which left 38 victims on last June 26, said local newspaper Akher Khabar.

One of the police officers died. The others are hospitalized, at 7 kilometers from the city of Suda, said National Security Secretary Rafik Chelly in his report.

**** Chelly denied the fact that this is a terrorist attack, and in his opinion, the shot was made by common criminals, who were possibly about to be discovered when they were commting their felony.****

The shots were fired from a motorcycle in motion when the officers patrolled residential areas seven kilometers from this resort located in the Gulf of Hammamet and 140 kilometers south of the capital and where permanent residents nearly a quarter million people are living there, according to the publication.

On July 3, Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi declared a state of national emergency and end of the month the country's parliament passed a severe anti-terrorism law to combat the jihadist threat.

sgl/Tac/AML/bjm < Anterior Siguiente >

Last edited:

stupidone565

Major Ratslayer
TUNIS - Tension has risen in Tunisia after police were ambushed on Wednesday, months after major attack on the Bardo museum in March and one at the beginning of the summer on a tourist resort in Sousse. Wednesday's attack happened in Sousse as well, where 38 died in the June 26 attack on the Hotel Imperial Marhaba. ''In the late afternoon, three policemen on their way to work were fired on by two men armed with hunting rifles riding a large motorcycle near a bridge after a crossroads of the road that leads to Msaken, 7 kilometers from Sousse. One of them died on his way to hospital, while the other two were not hit,'' according to an interior ministry statement issued in the hours after the incident.

Local media openly call it a terrorist attack but authorities have not. Security Minister Rafik Chelly told local media that an inquiry was underway but that no further information was currently available. State-owned TV reported that the attack was by an ''armed group'' against the police. The reasons behind a similar incident that occurred in Sousse on July 25 have never been clarified. A police patrol entering the city around 6:30 AM in Zaouiet Sousse was shot at by two men armed with rifles and riding a motorcycle who later fled. One police officer was injured. ''We cannot know whether it was a terrorist act until after those responsible have been arrested,'' a Tunisian security chief had said, but the two fugitives were never found.

The country is thus tense while waiting to understand exactly what happened, in a period awash in concerns over terrorism. The attack on the Sousse resort in June had severe effects on the country's key tourism sector and was followed by counterterrorism operations, daily round-ups and arrests of jihadists. On July 3, President Beji Caid Essebsi decreed a state of emergency across the entire country and - at the end of the month of July - the Tunisian parliament brought in a strict counterterrorism law focusing on jihadist threats. According to the Akher Khabar website, the policeman killed was Ezzedine Hadj Nacer, born in 1992 in Malloulech in the Madhia governorate. (ANSAmed).

© Copyright ANSA - All rights reserved

D

Deleted member 146

By Selina Sykes
PUBLISHED: 07:16, Thu, Aug 20, 2015 | UPDATED: 08:34, Thu, Aug 20, 2015

The policeman was shot dead by two unidentfied men on a high speed motorbike on the outskirts of Sousse.

The gumen targeted three policemen, two of which escaped unharmed, despite earlier claims they had been hit.

The officers were believed to have been attacked with a rifle as they waited for transportation to the nearby town Kairouan.

It is unclear whether the attack was an act of terrorism by Islamic militants.

But a Facebook post speaking of further terrorism plots has been circulating on social media tonight.

The unverified Facebook post in Arabic said there was a plot to attack in three locations – Sousse, Gafsa and Kasserine, adding "God is my witness".

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/599471/Sousse-Tunisia-beach-massacre-Tunsia-policeman-shot-dead

stupidone565

Major Ratslayer
Oh man, those people really make me scared.
If they would read this website....WESTERN WOMEN, calling arabic men RATS...

Unemployed rats joining them, going home again after training.
Not only looking for a visa but also for Jihads brides....

D

Deleted member 146

We know the hotel workers tried to protect us and that people feel safe because of them but they cannot protect you.

Update :
A crowdfunding campaign set up by a British holidaymaker to support staff at hotels targeted in an Islamist attack in the Tunisian city of Sousse has received an overwhelming response, collecting thousands of pounds within a few days.
Since the page was launched aiming to collect £1,000 ($1,560, €1,407) more than 260 people donated money surpassing the more-than-respectable sum of £5,300.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tunisia-sh...-hotel-staff-goes-beyond-expectations-1509073

L

Lellaji

I am from Holland, went to Sousse 22 july to live with my rat in appertment, first night he emptied my bankaccount, second night he left when i was sleeping, so i was alone in Tunisia without money. Couldnt go back then and decided to stay until police found him. Still here now, almost ready to go home...:^)

so all this time you been there without him?
how are you feeling? you were there alone knowing no one? omg that's horrible
was this your first time meeting him? are you married? sorry if you dont mind me asking or you can PM me privately :(:Cry:

stupidone565

Major Ratslayer
so all this time you been there without him?
how are you feeling? you were there alone knowing no one? omg that's horrible
was this your first time meeting him? are you married? sorry if you dont mind me asking or you can PM me privately :(:Cry:
You can read it all in the tread "Leo Mansouri, real name
Yassine Mansouri....", dont know how to post a link..

D

Deleted member 146

How young Tunisians went from Arab Spring to Islamic State

FoolInLove

Major Ratslayer
i could see today some danish travel agencies have put tunisia on again, but not until the end of june 2016. I think it is gonna be taken off again if the slightest thing happens..

FoolInLove

Major Ratslayer
http://www.tustex.com/economie-actu...pour-une-question-dimage-selon-son-management

According destinationtunisie our colleague , the Spanish chain RIU has confirmed his departure from Tunisia after 16 years of presence in our country , a departure motivated by a question of image and non- attendance drops, the management felt that RIU image current Tunisia would undermine the brand awareness , says the same source.

The official start is scheduled for September 30, 2015 , but the nine institutions bearing the sign will keep until the end of the year, about the Green Park of Sousse, under renovation , will reopen under a other name.

crystal

The Punchy Scot
Just the start.. Tunisia is not a financially viable option now.. hotel chains are cutting their losses and licking there wounds as will have lost a lot of money in the past years keeping the standards and the loss of the contract. RIU hotels,, what next iberostar H10, sentido :eek: