Welcome to TLR

Bassem Bettaibi and all the updates on his ratty behavior- steer clear!

JGG

Major Ratslayer
I hear you. I just need that extra push.... I'm almost there . As you say I'm wasting my life away. I do realise this.
I will have a better life without all this extra baggage and emotional blackmail. It's wearing me down now. Time to get my act together and do the right thing. I will update everyone soon. Plus post his picture once this is all over..
......right there with you my girl.....the hardest step is the first one......then it's one baby step after another to freedom and most of all....peace. Sending courage and love your way.♡

Rose's

Hi Rose's, welcome to the forum.
Sadly you do have many red flags :(
I remember well that feeling of paying for dinner, it's like it was just an assumption that I would pay. People would join us unexpectedly, nobody asked and nobody said thank you and, often, they would order expensive things too :(
After the first few times I started to leave early with the pretense of feeling unwell or needing to phone family - I would leave a reasonable amount for mine and the rats meal and leave quickly before anyone could say anything. Of course the rat was moody and angry afterwards but he never said anything outright
After a few months I would say to the rat, on arriving at a restaurant, "It's a bit expensive here, I only have 30 dinar with me. How much have you got?". Invariably we would leave and go somewhere cheaper :p
Yea that's what happened to me ut was under the assumption that I paid we went to a club in sousse 4 off his friends came with us I was not happy about this walking in that club with him and his friends I felt embarrassed I could see everyone looking at us well they ordered there drinks and we ordered ours mine was water
When after 2 hours much drinking from his friends the bill for all was given ti me I was shocked 300 dinas they had been drinling celtic and Vodka I said no no no I user my translator on my phone to tell her I would only pay for our drink she got angry and pointed to one off the men that was with us and said he told us to give u the bill I paid my water and his beer
I went back gave the rest off the bill to his friends and walked out
I was shocked again to see my boyfriend walk out with them and get on the car I wanted no time with my speaking translator telling them what i thought about them
And then surprise we went to sandwich shop they got to eat and again k was handed bill this time I was angry and kicked them all out off car
Me and him argued all night he said I embarrassed him!!!!!!!!!!
But I stood my ground and refused to allow his friends in the apartment or to go out with us
They say I am a english bitch and its customary for the european girl friend to pay and I was not a good woman !!!!!!

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
Yea that's what happened to me ut was under the assumption that I paid we went to a club in sousse 4 off his friends came with us I was not happy about this walking in that club with him and his friends I felt embarrassed I could see everyone looking at us well they ordered there drinks and we ordered ours mine was water
When after 2 hours much drinking from his friends the bill for all was given ti me I was shocked 300 dinas they had been drinling celtic and Vodka I said no no no I user my translator on my phone to tell her I would only pay for our drink she got angry and pointed to one off the men that was with us and said he told us to give u the bill I paid my water and his beer
I was shocked again to see my boyfriend walk out with them and get on the car I wanted no time with my speaking translator telling them what i thought about them
And then surprise we went to sandwich shop they got to eat and again k was handed bill this time I was angry and kicked them all out off car
But I stood my ground and refused to allow his friends in the apartment or to go out with us
They say I am a english bitch and its customary for the european girl friend to pay and I was not a good woman !!!!!!
They expect us to pay for everything. I was shocked when I discovered that my rat was receiving money from foreign ladies. He got 30 dollars from an American lady. She wanted to help him buy a new phone. He was all nice with her and for months she thought he was nice and innocent....until they started fighting when she realized he was a scammer and he called her a bitch.

Rose's

I am so angry after a week off not good things sometimes silence anger and insults hes now asking me for 200 dinas again for clothes Isaid no but he video chatted me and telling me how beautiful i was then said please send me 200 dinas he wont stop calling or trying to video call but he shows me his clothes and says please I need new clothes his clothes are better than his friends but it's the crying and persistent off all this that before I have given in and sent him but now I rrsly do not want to but they have a way off doing things that I think send him to shut him up bit I'm I'm ignoring his calls right now but dam all this why they do it why !!!!

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
I am so angry after a week off not good things sometimes silence anger and insults hes now asking me for 200 dinas again for clothes Isaid no but he video chatted me and telling me how beautiful i was then said please send me 200 dinas he wont stop calling or trying to video call but he shows me his clothes and says please I need new clothes his clothes are better than his friends but it's the crying and persistent off all this that before I have given in and sent him but now I rrsly do not want to but they have a way off doing things that I think send him to shut him up bit I'm I'm ignoring his calls right now but dam all this why they do it why !!!!
Block him from everywhere !!! Yes, he will say nice things to you as long as you give more money. He is laughing at you. Your money is NOT his money. Block him and ignore him.

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
He wants money, that's why he keeps calling you. It's easier for them to say nice things to us and get money than working hard and getting up at 6. You need to block him.

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
That makes me so angry, how dare they :mad: and well done for refusing to pay or to entertain his ratty friends :thumbsup:
I stayed in Tunisia after I finally ended things with my rat. First because he told me I couldn't survive here without him and I wanted to prove him wrong and second I had my goose, Jemima, and I knew someone would eat her if I left her :Cry:
I made some good friends with my neighbours and they never would take anything from me, only food and they offered much more in return.
After some time I started a relationship with someone who I had know for a year or so. We are still together after nearly five years and he has never taken anything from me. He has good, respectful friends and sometimes I want to buy them a beer but he says No, they pay for their own beers. Sometimes they come to the house to watch football or have a barbeque (They can't drink alcohol in their own homes and can't afford to go to a bar), they always bring their own food and beers, which we all share, they leave at a respectable time and always clean up and take the rubbish out when they leave.
His family never take anything, they won't even let me pay for coffee if we go out. His mother often sends food over and in return I sometimes make them a cake (my Tunisian cooking is embarrassing haha).
When I go to England I bring them back some English tea or biscuits or chocolate as that is the most they would accept.
My partner works hard and long hours, despite the fact that I have enough to support us both, he contributes his fair share and fully supported me for a while when I had some hard times.
He never plays mind games with me, is always considerate and kind and takes the time to explain differences in culture (which are vast and often peculiar :confused: )

This is a vastly different to my experience with my rat, which was much the same as yours. This is how genuine Tunisians behave :love:
It is NOT customary for the european girl friend to pay unless you're in rat world!!!

Last edited:

Mouais

Junior Rat Expert
Hi @Rose's . Stay strong. You are doing really well but you are at the most difficult point. You have to make the break, as Poppy says block, block, block. He is not different, he doesn't love you. He is using you for your money. It speaks volumes that his friends told you it's expected that the European gf pays!! In life we surround ourselves with like minded people, our friends will generally have similar morals and views. Well done for standing up for yourself when you were there.

Mouais

Junior Rat Expert
It will be difficult because after you block him, he will still try to contact you on different numbers or his friends will beg you to go back to him... tell you how depressed he is without you.... There will be a lot of blah, blah, blah they so like to accuse us of!
You will start to miss the love messages and feel tempted to unblock him. Don't! Fill those empty hours with something else. If you can't reach out to your family or friends, come here for strength and support whenever you feel you are weakening, you will be understood.

Poppy

Major Ratslayer
It will be difficult because after you block him, he will still try to contact you on different numbers or his friends will beg you to go back to him... tell you how depressed he is without you.... There will be a lot of blah, blah, blah they so like to accuse us of!
You will start to miss the love messages and feel tempted to unblock him. Don't! Fill those empty hours with something else. If you can't reach out to your family or friends, come here for strength and support whenever you feel you are weakening, you will be understood.
Of course he will try to contact her again with different numbers. You will realize even more he is a rat! Mine was even sending me screenshots of his conversations with his scammed victims to make me believe they are the bad ones and deserved to be called bitches. Funnily, one of them sent me her conversations with him....I realized he had modified the screenshots he had sent me. He had erased some of her conversation and replaced it with sentences he wrote himself....to play the victim.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Why they do it Rose's? They see us as a bank. Money machine. That is their goal and if you stay with him he wil try for a visa in the future. They have zero respect for us. My rat did the same, endless asking for money for food, clothes, new fone or trainers. After I had blocked him a couple of times I had enough of the accusations, we are bad women :mad: . In their eyes we never send enough because other girlfriends ( European or other foreigners) give them a car. I have blocked him forever and he still tries contacting me. You shouldn't feel guilty it is not your responsibility to provide for him he can work instead of scamming women. Xxx

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
This happened to me, and I stormed out of a restaurant leaving their bill unpaid, furious, must be a common scam, rinse the European / English friends GF at any possible opportunity until they see how that pans out...Suddenly I guess scrabbling around to pay a bill not one can afford.
One of his mates was ordering Giant Gambas, liquors, infact I recall a lobster - I sat back and watched them thinking wow, must be on great wages.
Cheeky b***ards. Wonder how many dishes they had to wash ? :love: :thumbsup:

I don’t know what to do. I haven’t heard from him since I questioned him about his FB. He messaged yesterday morning,
He was working last night but didn’t phone as he usually does.He didn’t message this morning? He has not read my message on messenger which I left at lunchtime yesterday . He’s never done this in the 2.06 years we’ve been together. I was getting ready to give him all guns last night as he’s still has not removed the restriction on me from his fb. I was going to tell him , that’s it ,buh bye.
Im now thinking , should I message his brother to ask if he’s ok? I have my fellows phone number but , don’t want to ring him. He will think I’m weakening , when in fact I’m not. Please. Advise me ladies. I’m getting anxious. Maybe thats his plan as he knows I’m a worrier. After his reasons about restricting me on his FB as he thought after receiving “ the message?” from Fb that maybe he was being hacked. Is this him saying if and when he does contact me say, “ there was a problem with with my phone, I was hacked just like I told you. See, I was telling the truth .” I still won’t believe him.

Last edited:

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
I don’t know what to do. I haven’t heard from him since I questioned him about his FB. He messaged yesterday morning,
He was working last night but didn’t phone as he usually does.He didn’t message this morning? He has not read my message on messenger which I left at lunchtime yesterday . He’s never done this in the 2.06 years we’ve been together. I was getting ready to give him all guns last night as he’s still has not removed the restriction on me from his fb. I was going to tell him , that’s it ,buh bye.
Im now thinking , should I message his brother to ask if he’s ok? I have my fellows phone number but , don’t want to ring him. He will think I’m weakening , when in fact I’m not. Please. Advise me ladies. I’m getting anxious. Maybe thats his plan as he knows I’m a worrier. Thanks .
You don’t know what to do, very simple, do not do anything at all !!!
Don’t ask his bro if he is ok, obviously we don’t give a damn. And believe me, he is very fine, much better than you. He has no care in the world and nothing to worry about except finding a kind soul to send him money on a regular basis. He has more interesting things to do than contacting you, accept it and move on.
If I were you, I would take advantage of his disappearance by blocking him everywhere, eeeeeeveeeeeeryyyyyywheeeeere !!! If he ever finds a way to contact you say you are being hacked and block again, save yourself all the worries in the world. Cut all ties ! It’s now or never. Go out, do some shopping, have fun with your friends or family if you have some, if you don’t go make some new friends. Keep yourself busy and distant from all this internet harassment, extorsion and racket.

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
You don’t know what to do, very simple, do not do anything at all !!!
Don’t ask his bro if he is ok, obviously we don’t give a damn. And believe me, he is very fine, much better than you. He has no care in the world and nothing to worry about except finding a kind soul to send him money on a regular basis. He has more interesting things to do than contacting you, accept it and move on.
If I were you, I would take advantage of his disappearance by blocking him everywhere, eeeeeeveeeeeeryyyyyywheeeeere !!! If he ever finds a way to contact you say you are being hacked and block again, save yourself all the worries in the world. Cut all ties ! It’s now or never. Go out, do some shopping, have fun with your friends or family if you have some, if you don’t go make some new friends. Keep yourself busy and distant from all this internet harassment, extorsion and racket.
Great Post Bubbly!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
This happened to me, and I stormed out of a restaurant leaving their bill unpaid, furious, must be a common scam, rinse the European / English friends GF at any possible opportunity until they see how that pans out...Suddenly I guess scrabbling around to pay a bill not one can afford.
One of his mates was ordering Giant Gambas, liquors, infact I recall a lobster - I sat back and watched them thinking wow, must be on great wages.
I so wish I had done that - I paid for everything even meals out even though we were all inclusive, even that wasn't good enough for him.

MH x

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Im now thinking , should I message his brother to ask if he’s ok? I have my fellows phone number but , don’t want to ring him. He will think I’m weakening , when in fact I’m not. Please. Advise me ladies. I’m getting anxious. Maybe thats his plan as he knows I’m a worrier. After his reasons about restricting me on his FB as he thought after receiving “ the message?” from Fb that maybe he was being hacked. Is this him saying if and when he does contact me say, “ there was a problem with with my phone, I was hacked just like I told you. See, I was telling the truth .” I still won’t believe him.
Absolutely do not contact his brother - this is typical rat behaviour and you are falling for it which is what he wants. He has obviously played this game before.

No man in a committed relationship would do this.

Best thing you can do is block him!

MH x

simple

Major Ratslayer
Theres nothing wrong with him,,,This is part of the scam...Isolate you ,let you stew ,think the worst and then when he dose contact you ,you will be so relieved just to hear his voice that you"ll end up say ing sorry for doubting him....Narcassitic behaviour rule number 2,,,Isolate,,..You wont get a response from his family either ..Hes playing you and now he is showing his colours ,not only does he want money but complete control,,He will come back with some strange situation he got in as to why he didnt call..Fatigue from work ,accident ,eviction ,phone she fall in the toilet ,etc etc ..

simple

Major Ratslayer
This is brilliant ,,,but i would say they would have been finacially better off then you ,It must have pissed them off having to pay for you as well .xxxx

Great Post Bubbly!
I had about 4 hrs sleep last night. I did get ready to go out this morning and have just got home. Whilst out my bloody jeans kept falling down. The stress he’s put me through this past week has made me lose at least half a stone.
Last night I composed a really long winded message telling him exactly what I though of him . I told him that I knew he was a rat and that the bank of BEZNESS was now closed. I said that we were now through and that I was going back to Cyprus to live.
I want to send a copy to each of his siblings so the know exactly why I’m leaving him as, I don’t want them to think he’s left me. I want to tell them all about his shnanagins. He’s always told me that he was brought up to respect woman as, his mother brought her 6 kids up on her own. His father left home when my fellow was only 4. Two of his brothers and a sister are married with families of their own. They are all spread about miles from each other and don’t see each other very often. I want them to know what their brother is really like or, do you think I’m wasting my time. They message me and tell me that I am part of the family and can’t wait for us to marry . As I said , I want them to know that I’m the one leaving the relationship. Not him! Also, they may not know about the money I have sent and the fact he’s always asking for money. Maybe they might get annoyed by the fact he never gave them any? That will pee them off surely? I just want to stir the pot. For him. I still have the western union receipts as proof . I was going to send a screenshot of them along with the message to say. He’s a rat!!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I had about 4 hrs sleep last night. I did get ready to go out this morning and have just got home. Whilst out my bloody jeans kept falling down. The stress he’s put me through this past week has made me lose at least half a stone.
Last night I composed a really long winded message telling him exactly what I though of him . I told him that I knew he was a rat and that the bank of BEZNESS was now closed. I said that we were now through and that I was going back to Cyprus to live.
I want to send a copy to each of his siblings so the know exactly why I’m leaving him as, I don’t want them to think he’s left me. I want to tell them all about his shnanagins. He’s always told me that he was brought up to respect woman as, his mother brought her 6 kids up on her own. His father left home when my fellow was only 4. Two of his brothers and a sister are married with families of their own. They are all spread about miles from each other and don’t see each other very often. I want them to know what their brother is really like or, do you think I’m wasting my time. They message me and tell me that I am part of the family and can’t wait for us to marry . As I said , I want them to know that I’m the one leaving the relationship. Not him! Also, they may not know about the money I have sent and the fact he’s always asking for money. Maybe they might get annoyed by the fact he never gave them any? That will pee them off surely? I just want to stir the pot. For him. I still have the western union receipts as proof . I was going to send a screenshot of them along with the message to say. He’s a rat!!
So sorry you are going through all this!

It's entirely up to you what you do - if it helps you get closure and makes you feel better then yes send it to them too although I'm pretty sure they already know he is a rat by the fact that they say they can't wait for you to marry!

Personally I would just cut him off, block him and delete him - that will hurt his ego much more than a letter :thumbsup:

MH x

So sorry you are going through all this!

It's entirely up to you what you do - if it helps you get closure and makes you feel better then yes send it to them too although I'm pretty sure they already know he is a rat by the fact that they say they can't wait for you to marry!

Personally I would just cut him off, block him and delete him - that will hurt his ego much more than a letter :thumbsup:

MH x
Thank you. I hear what your saying. I’ve said some pretty nasty things about him in this message. The big softie that I am. I may regret it. I just want to get some kind of revenge. I feel bitter that I’ve wasted over 2 years of my life on this man.
As you say just , block and walk away with my dignity. Why am I so bloody weak. Grrrrrr.....

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
We don’t know what and who his family are, if they are decent people and only he is a bad seed or they support his ratty ways.

Not sure they will understand from your point of view. We are westerners, we are promiscuous, we are atheists but very rich bla bla bla, we deserve what we get from them.
I wouldn’t expect anyone of them to get my point. And honestly they probably don’t give a damn what the lil bro is up to in his spare time.

He is making you sick right now, things have gone too far and this is the right time to spread your wings and fly away. Do it anyway you prefer but please do it. It will hurt for some time but life goes on. One day he will just be an old old old memory.

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
Thank you. I hear what your saying. I’ve said some pretty nasty things about him in this message. The big softie that I am. I may regret it. I just want to get some kind of revenge. I feel bitter that I’ve wasted over 2 years of my life on this man.
As you say just , block and walk away with my dignity. Why am I so bloody weak. Grrrrrr.....
You didn’t waste two years for him, you also shared good moments and had fun. When things are no fun at all and they hurt it’s time to get the fun somewhere else.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
They feed on reactions and attention - the biggest revenge you can do is completely cut him off with no explanation - he will hate that.

You haven't wasted 2 years as in those 2 years you have grown stronger and learned that you are worth more than some lying, scamming scumbag.

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
You will get no closer with these rats. As everybody else is saying this is a rats tactic to let you know he doesn't need you. If I was you I would send the message and block him but it is your decision. Why would a man who wants to marry you treat you this way? A man who loves you wouldn't do this. Your health is suffering from this man maybe it is better to leave now and remove this rat from your life. It will hurt but plse don't unblock him as I did it just starts all over again they don't change xxx

Last edited:

smiley

Major Ratslayer
They are scum,all of them..My ex rat his parents,his sisters and brothers..All of them:Give me give me give me
All the time,From the airport to rats home his brother called: Are you coming soon,we wait for the chocolate...And his mother expected me to have bought cigarettes for his brother. I bought a gas oven for the kitchen that i financed,and his mother was so happy that i took care about her son..Few days after she came to me and asked me to pay
electricity..And all the money i sent...
They never give up,the best thing is to block forever
To all his other wimen he said that i was his crazy ex