Welcome to TLR

Be Aware!

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Seriously you both need to stop - I have asked you nicely.

Final warning.

You have no respect to the original poster and think hijacking a post is okay?

Put each other on ignore before I have to think about curtailing you.

MH
I am ignoring her. She just called my Fiance a prostitute. I'm tired of her insults.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Hi everyone,

I came across this forum by chance and I wanted to share my thoughts about this topic of foreigners being deceived by Tunisian males, sometimes by females as well!

First of all I'm a Tunisian guy, I'm from the heart of the Tunisian culture and I know exactly how Tunisians function and operate.

The thing in Tunisia is that values are circumstantial. What does this mean is that Tunisians don't hold values for long and all the time! If they have a goal (and basically their end destination is always money) they will let down their values and do whatever it takes to achieve that goal without caring about other people, and what their behaviors could bring to other humans!

And in case Tunisians hold values and they stick to them, they think these values don't apply to foreigners! A Tunisian street vendor might not rip off another fellow Tunisian, but he will rip off a foreigner whether he is British, German or even another Arab national!
The ironic thing is that Tunisians brag about this and see it as an achievement! And I can tell you it's a common culture across the whole society! Even those who don't deceive foreigners won't feel sorry for them, and won't show their resentment with whoever does such bad behavior! Probably they will laugh about it!

Now in regards of this marriage issue between Tunisians and foreigners, I want to warn everybody whether they are men or women, young or old to never fall for a Tunisian (again males and females) because the only thing they have in mind is to use you! Either to grant them a visa to go abroad or to rip you off! And no matter how he or she shows you intimacy, love, compassion, you name it, don't fall for them! It's just a play and all they are looking for is their own benefit, so you better be careful!

I see that this forum is mainly talking about Tunisian males but I can tell you females are doing this too! I know many stories of girls deceiving foreigners, suck their money and dump them at the end! Even celebrities fell for their poisonous tricks! I remember a couple of years ago a foreign football player married a Tunisian girl who stole all his money with her family and they kicked him out from his own house! He became homeless and slept on benches in public parks!!!

This idea of marrying a foreigner for self benefits is wide spread, it's a CULTURE! I know many people who are trying this all the time! And they talk about it openly with their friends and families, and the latter are OK with it and actually encourage them to do it!

So please, if you get to know someone from Tunisia don't be fooled by the good treatment from his/her family and friends, they are just playing a role in their dirty play!! They are all seeing you as a bank account that they need to empty in their own pockets!

While I'm writing this I'm feeling so sorry for what I'm typing but this is the reality! I love my country, but unfortunately we have plenty of lowlife people and in general people lack values! They are complete selfish and don't care about other humans especially foreigners! Of course we have good people, but the majority are bad eggs!

My final advice, don't fall for a Tunisian whether it's for marriage, business or whatever, especially if you got to know him/her in sketchy and/or abnormal circumstances! (online, he is an animator in a Tunisian hotel, he is not clear about his job, he is not educated, he is pretty poor, he has prior, his friends and family don't look trustworthy, etc...) Unless he/she is clean as we a whistle don't think about it twice to reject him.

I know a couple of people who are married to foreigners and they are happy and built great families. These are usually highly educated Tunisians with already good financial situation and are not in need of anybody to grant them visas to go abroad. They are married really for love. But these type of Tunisians are scarce.

So please in case it happened that you might be attracted to Tunisians (I don't know maybe some people are) or want to marry a Tunisian for any reason (a good one of course), or you want to start a business with a Tunisian, look for someone from this category, means he/she is highly educated, already has money, and can travel abroad without your help. Other than this just avoid it.
Dear Tunisian Buster

I want to apologise for going off topic on your very interesting forum thread and having a cat fight with Minnie mouser. Note Moderator I say Mouser as in “rat catcher” honey trapper, not calling her a mouse as she certainly has big claws and is not. Anyway I will not further elaborate this childish squabble. I just want to comment that Tunisian Buster you sum up completely what is going on in Tunisia and that not all men are rats. However it’s scary that you say the majority are. I’m hoping my Fiancé does well in the UK if and when the Home Office allow our age gap relationship. It is impossible for a man on a decorator salary, maybe 10 euros a day, to pay the 1553.00 Fiancé or Spouse visa costs and 1200 health fee plus lawyer fees as Home Office undoubtedly will find unwritten fault with complicated application and still no guarantees. So I don’t think he’s a huge rat as my maths is bad with exchange rates and I may have been mistaken about my suspicions of him. However I think people given a chance to change their circumstances often can become decent citizens of their host Country. So I am willing to sponsor him as I also believe he genuinely loves me. I never break my Fiancé promise and I won’t cry about losing the money if things go wrong because I’ve been warned. And it’s not just Tunisian men who break hearts and banks.

Cydney

Major Ratslayer
I feel like a snob every time I say it, but I do feel that my husband's family being middle class and well travelled made a huge difference in our relationship....Not that middle class men from LaMarsa cant be rats but I do feel his family and upbringing (raised in europe untill teenager) made it less likely.

He always says he has a hard time relating to Tunisians.

JGG

Major Ratslayer
I feel like a snob every time I say it, but I do feel that my husband's family being middle class and well travelled made a huge difference in our relationship....Not that middle class men from LaMarsa cant be rats but I do feel his family and upbringing (raised in europe untill teenager) made it less likely.

He always says he has a hard time relating to Tunisians.
I don't think you are being a snob. Its reality! I think your post is very honest and I would tend to agree with you♡

D

Deleted member 37940

I think it's good that people from all situations is on the forum . Weather it be happily married or people who
have become victims of bezness .
The married ones can describe in detail what is acceptable behaviour and what is not .
But they themselves can only describe that if there is no red flags .

simple

Major Ratslayer
What do you say to someone who is in a relationship ,with multiple red flags but chooses to ignore them ,or believes that "Love" will find a way..Are we suposed to just let her get on with it and hope for the best,,And i agree with @Cydney 100% .the up bringing is what its about.You only know if you have lived in an eviroment ,where you see how men treat the females of their family and see what they believe to be proper behaviour by women ,Educated ,illeterate ,wealthy or poor ,they all think the same.No woman n Tunisia is allowed the freedoms of the west ,regardless what your "fella" tells you ,If they dont believe its right ,why would they believe its right for their woman to behave differently..There are many happyly married women on here who are married to Tunisians ,,But notice they live in Tunisia..Not so many that live outside Tunisia can say the same ..To be happy ,most of the time the woman has to adapt ,,These men cannot adapt to western life ,imagin a rat working 9-5,commute by bus ,train ,one hour lunch break ,not allowed to use their phone during work ,not being able to dictate to women ,that hes hungry make food,allwoing their sisters to go to clubs ,bars ,bringing men home....

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
What do you say to someone who is in a relationship ,with multiple red flags but chooses to ignore them ,or believes that "Love" will find a way..Are we suposed to just let her get on with it and hope for the best,,And i agree with @Cydney 100% .the up bringing is what its about.You only know if you have lived in an eviroment ,where you see how men treat the females of their family and see what they believe to be proper behaviour by women ,Educated ,illeterate ,wealthy or poor ,they all think the same.No woman n Tunisia is allowed the freedoms of the west ,regardless what your "fella" tells you ,If they dont believe its right ,why would they believe its right for their woman to behave differently..There are many happyly married women on here who are married to Tunisians ,,But notice they live in Tunisia..Not so many that live outside Tunisia can say the same ..To be happy ,most of the time the woman has to adapt ,,These men cannot adapt to western life ,imagin a rat working 9-5,commute by bus ,train ,one hour lunch break ,not allowed to use their phone during work ,not being able to dictate to women ,that hes hungry make food,allwoing their sisters to go to clubs ,bars ,bringing men home....
Great Post Simple!

D

Deleted member 37940

Red flags are different that's what I previously stated .
The only way is to tell them it's wrong and give examples and so on
There is no doubt a person with blinkers on will do what they want even armed with the facts but at least the married genuine ones are armed with the true facts of what is acceptable and what is not and how a genuine Tunisian man behaves

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Hi Simple...i do know at least 2 couples who are married and the guy is from Tunisia and lives in Canada. I used to be active on immigration forum so i met a few people. I must say that majority of those marriages do not work out but i know of 2 which seem to be working so far. I guess some guys maybe more open minded and more able to adapt. As far as "letting someone just go on" with their relationship. I dont believe we have any control to actually forbid it lol. And we dont have the right to really attempt..i think this forum is for support, advice and information rather than control of other people lives. I think it is very hard to accept that some of the people can be so cold blooded and cruel unless you have experienced it. It is hard to believe something that is so different from what we consider normal.

Last edited:

simple

Major Ratslayer
Hi Simple...i do know at least 2 couples who are married and the guy is from Tunisia and lives in Canada. I used to be active on immigration forum so i met a few people. I must say that majority of those marriages do not work out but i know of 2 which seem to be working so far. I guess some guys maybe more open minded and more able to adapt. As far as "letting someone just go on" with their relationship. I dont believe we have any control to actually forbid it lol. And we dont have the right to really attempt..i think this forum is for support, advice and information rather than control of other people lives.
We have no right to control someones life ,let alone forbid it ..But if you see someone run into a fire ,you should at least warn them of the dangers.And im sure that marriages outside Tunisia can work ,but again we can stress that only 1% find good tunisians .Also many women have lived with rats for years and had no red flags ,only to find out later ,that he was sending money to marry a tunisian bride ,or building a house with out her knowledge ,or knowing he was going to inherit her wealth and assets when she died ,,These may sound extreme ,but they are quite common occurences...Its happened to many on here...There are many differnt points of views ,some more agressive than others ,but the pain is the same in all of us .We have different ways of expressing that pain ,so it can sometimes seem off putting ..Some lose their money ,some were abused and mistreated ,some even god rest their souls ,took their own life ..So there is a wealth on knowledge on here ,how you chose to interperate that knowledge is up to you ..

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
We have no right to control someones life ,let alone forbid it ..But if you see someone run into a fire ,you should at least warn them of the dangers.And im sure that marriages outside Tunisia can work ,but again we can stress that only 1% find good tunisians .Also many women have lived with rats for years and had no red flags ,only to find out later ,that he was sending money to marry a tunisian bride ,or building a house with out her knowledge ,or knowing he was going to inherit her wealth and assets when she died ,,These may sound extreme ,but they are quite common occurences...Its happened to many on here...There are many differnt points of views ,some more agressive than others ,but the pain is the same in all of us .We have different ways of expressing that pain ,so it can sometimes seem off putting ..Some lose their money ,some were abused and mistreated ,some even god rest their souls ,took their own life ..So there is a wealth on knowledge on here ,how you chose to interperate that knowledge is up to you ..
Yes i guess it can be very flustrating to just watch someone do what we think will harm them. I just feel that if we get too harsh with people who are not ready to let go of their relationship we will only push them away.

D

Deleted member 37940

That's why people should implement certain things anyway .
Joint bank accounts and not seperate and so on .
It at least rules out certain scenarios .
Of course people cannot know what the future holds and if someone turns out to be a rat after x amount of years at least financially the person has been safe guarded
Cheating can happen in any marraige this alone does not make a person a rat

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Of course people cannot know what the future holds and if someone turns out to be a rat after x amount of years at least financially the person has been safe guarded
joint bank accounts? oh god i would be scared knowing what i know now..he would have probably cleaned me out.

simple

Major Ratslayer
Yes i guess it can be very flustrating to just watch someone do what we think will harm them. I just feel that if we get too harsh with people who are not ready to let go of their relationship we will only push them away.
I understand what ur saying ,name calling and nasty comments are not helpful at all,,But to me i see women letting out their frustations and others retaliating beacuse their bf may be different...I may be wrong in thinking like this ,But i agree Little bird for tat ,helps no one..To be honest sometimes a member will unleash a storm of abuse ,but will end up telling us her story ,to justify her hash words..I wish they would let it out some other way ,,but it needs to come out eventually for them to heal..When its not let out ,the anger festers ,not only new members get it but also long standing members can get a mouth full too .I hope u can understand that many members on here are still learning on how to deal with the humiliation and betrayel and find it hard to make excuses for their behaviour...

simple

Major Ratslayer
Yes cheating can happen in any marriage ...But with rats its premeditated ,they engage with foreigners ,with intent to fraud ,cheat and steal..They dont approach you with the intention of having a life with you or to make you happy ,This dosnt happen in Normal marriages where one cheats and gets caught .They initially marry with the hope of making a life together,,This isnt so with rats...

TunisianBuster

Some of you here shed the light on a very important point, which is cultural adaptation. So let's say you even found the right honest Tunisian guy, there's nothing sketchy about him, you loved each other for real and you ended up getting married. There's still a huge chance you won't stay together forever! I'm talking here about honest men and not rats, and there are different reasons for this end!

First of all international marriages have a high divorce rate, and it's not related to any specific nationality, it's all over the world. This is high divorce rate is more often happening if the couple are from two different cultures! For a Western woman with an Oriental man things won't go well for so long!

The other thing is there's this tendency in all Muslim countries including Tunisia that as people get older they become more religious and conservative, both for men and women. So even if you find an honest lover who is very open minded, as he starts to get older he will start to get more conservative, and be assured that he will not be OK with your Western freedom as before, and he will try to impose his opinions. In this situation there will be two choices, either you obey and you stay together, or you will end up divorced! And the latter is the most occurring result!

I know many Tunisians who were born and live abroad, married nationals from the other country, got children, and then at an advanced age they divorced! Simply they started to see the Western version of freedom of women as something wrong.

I have a Tunisian cousin who was born in France, and is still living there, and he used to be married to a French woman. When I was a teen I remember they used to come with their two daughters to Tunisia to spend the summer, and they used to visit us frequently in our house. I remember they used to be very happy, the guy is nice, the lady is very lovely and highly interested in knowing everything about our culture. But recently I heard they got divorced, the lady is enjoying her western lifestyle, the guy started to get conservative and not standing that lifestyle anymore and also having fights with his daughters (who are in their late twenties now) for their "extreme freedom" as he is seeing it, so divorce was the consequence.

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Yes cheating can happen in any marriage ...But with rats its premeditated ,they engage with foreigners ,with intent to fraud ,cheat and steal..They dont approach you with the intention of having a life with you or to make you happy ,This dosnt happen in Normal marriages where one cheats and gets caught .They initially marry with the hope of making a life together,,This isnt so with rats...
There is good and bad in any relationship true but when we are dealing with relationship rats or love scams its important to focus on the facts. We live in a world where learning and knowledge is very accessible....if you "fall in love " with a foreigner whether it be on line or on vacation.....do your research....ask questions...dont be afraid to listen to what you don't want to hear.....make sure you have access and utilize ALL the tools to help you make an informed....educated decision. Be smart...be focused....be alert....it could mean your life.♡

D

Deleted member 37940

I know about rats and bezness
I'm talking about joint bank account for both wages to go into .
Savings account that's yours alone for any money you had before the rat and so on .
That stops any one from being unaware if any money is being sent to Tunisia for what ever the reason .

The cheating part I'm talking about in an established marraige where no one has been cheated on for money or the Tunisian woman
I'm.talking about general cheating

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
I know about rats and bezness
I'm talking about joint bank account for both wages to go into .
Savings account that's yours alone for any money you had before the rat and so on .
That stops any one from being unaware if any money is being sent to Tunisia for what ever the reason .

The cheating part I'm talking about in an established marraige where no one has been cheated on for money or the Tunisian woman
I'm.talking about general cheating
Well i still dont support the idea of joint accounts. The crazy thing is that in the beginning i thought we should have joint accounts but during the wedding ceremony my husband said that we do not want to have any joint property. I was upset about this initialy because it was done without my knowledge and also i thought that as a married couple we should do stuff together like my parents lol. Now i only thank to god that he did that. He turned out to be extremely greedy person who would cheet me out of even 5 cents if possible. He never wanted to pay half of anything, he was sending money to tunisia then when i sold the house he wanted to take his part lol and now he left. Just imagine what would have happened if we did have joined accounts. Mybe he would be sending my money to tunisia as well? I probaly would not have a roof over my head at this point lol. I imagine it maybe a good idea if both of you dont have much to loose.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
I imagine he though that he will strike it rich here in Canada and had no intentions of sharing nothing with me right from the beginning. I guess i should have known then already that he was a rat. Well he did not strike it rich yet but he was able to save 2/3 of his paycheques and i imagine he is sending lot of money to Tunisia now. Well, its too late to do anything about it. Just now they all make me sick...just to think what a fake people they are especially i feel its his mother...she spends hours every day talking to him on skype. Probaly giving him advice lol. The only good thing now is that i know he is not able to save as much because life here is not cheap.

Myriam1

Major Ratslayer
When you get married in Tunisia without a specific contract, you'll be married Under separation of assets. But then it depends on your home country if your husband is coming to live with you...in my country when there is no specific contract it automatically becomes sharing of all assets, unless the husband signs a new contrat specifying separation of assets! If he doesn't want to sign this, it's an open door to grabbing whatever he can.
So you should find all this out before ever thinking about getting married in Tunisia, it can make a huge difference once you divorce or die...

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
When you get married in Tunisia without a specific contract, you'll be married Under separation of assets. But then it depends on your home country if your husband is coming to live with you...in my country when there is no specific contract it automatically becomes sharing of all assets, unless the husband signs a new contrat specifying separation of assets! If he doesn't want to sign this, it's an open door to grabbing whatever he can.
So you should find all this out before ever thinking about getting married in Tunisia, it can make a huge difference once you divorce or die...
In Canada the assets are shared unless there is a contract. My marriage certificate..translated and stamped by Canadian embassy says no shared property. There is an option en every marriage in Tunisia to share or not share assets..they ask about it nowdays. The problem maybe when you marry in Tunisia and dont understand the language ..you maybe signing everything away. It is scary but i did not know about it at the time that i got married. I was really lucky i think. Maybe its a good idea to have a translator during the ceremony.

Last edited:

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Here is something i found in a booklet on domestic law in canada. Also, in canada foreign legal marriages do not have to be registered any more and are legal.

owns the home and who paid for it. It is also true even if one of you owned the home before you got married. Your partner may ask you to sign a marriage contract that says that the value of the home or other property will not be shared, or that your share will be an amount that is less than it should be. The law allows marriage contracts to say this.

JGG

Major Ratslayer
In Canada the assets are shared unless there is a contract. My marriage certificate..translated and stamped by Canadian embassy says no shared property. There is an option en every marriage in Tunisia to share or not share assets..they ask about it nowdays. The problem maybe when you marry in Tunisia and dont understand the language ..you maybe signing everything away. It is scary but i did not know about it at the time that i got married. I was really lucky i think. Maybe its a good idea to have a translator during the ceremony.
Anna2you I'm a Canuck too....my ex rat was delighted when he found out about the Common-law rules here lol.....thankfully I stopped the relationship before his visitor visa was denied. From the beginning I refused to marry him and bring him here that way....Im so thankful that I listened to my gut instinct♡