Welcome to TLR

Be Aware!

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Well I have had quite the interesting life so far but I think we all have right? I have family in Vancouver too.....was just there in January. Interesting how a forum like this can make the world a smaller place. Im glad you will have family and friends when you have surgery! ♡

J

Judithlyn

I'm trying to give advice on 3 seperate things if you don't agree that's ok that's up to the individual
Its also up to the individual on how she broaches her married life .
If there is any red flags before the marraige then it's up to her not to marry him

There is stories of people being married x amount of years and it happening which is truely shocking I don't dispute that
But how can a person have a normal marraige when the person won't even allow the Tunisian to be on any bills etc
You are giving me red flags! Would you happen to be a Tunisian male? You sure are pushing the joint assets. It should be joint ONLY when both husband and wife bring EQUAL assets into the marriage! PERIOD!

Amira

Major Ratslayer
Hi everyone,

I came across this forum by chance and I wanted to share my thoughts about this topic of foreigners being deceived by Tunisian males, sometimes by females as well!

First of all I'm a Tunisian guy, I'm from the heart of the Tunisian culture and I know exactly how Tunisians function and operate.

The thing in Tunisia is that values are circumstantial. What does this mean is that Tunisians don't hold values for long and all the time! If they have a goal (and basically their end destination is always money) they will let down their values and do whatever it takes to achieve that goal without caring about other people, and what their behaviors could bring to other humans!

And in case Tunisians hold values and they stick to them, they think these values don't apply to foreigners! A Tunisian street vendor might not rip off another fellow Tunisian, but he will rip off a foreigner whether he is British, German or even another Arab national!
The ironic thing is that Tunisians brag about this and see it as an achievement! And I can tell you it's a common culture across the whole society! Even those who don't deceive foreigners won't feel sorry for them, and won't show their resentment with whoever does such bad behavior! Probably they will laugh about it!

Now in regards of this marriage issue between Tunisians and foreigners, I want to warn everybody whether they are men or women, young or old to never fall for a Tunisian (again males and females) because the only thing they have in mind is to use you! Either to grant them a visa to go abroad or to rip you off! And no matter how he or she shows you intimacy, love, compassion, you name it, don't fall for them! It's just a play and all they are looking for is their own benefit, so you better be careful!

I see that this forum is mainly talking about Tunisian males but I can tell you females are doing this too! I know many stories of girls deceiving foreigners, suck their money and dump them at the end! Even celebrities fell for their poisonous tricks! I remember a couple of years ago a foreign football player married a Tunisian girl who stole all his money with her family and they kicked him out from his own house! He became homeless and slept on benches in public parks!!!

This idea of marrying a foreigner for self benefits is wide spread, it's a CULTURE! I know many people who are trying this all the time! And they talk about it openly with their friends and families, and the latter are OK with it and actually encourage them to do it!

So please, if you get to know someone from Tunisia don't be fooled by the good treatment from his/her family and friends, they are just playing a role in their dirty play!! They are all seeing you as a bank account that they need to empty in their own pockets!

While I'm writing this I'm feeling so sorry for what I'm typing but this is the reality! I love my country, but unfortunately we have plenty of lowlife people and in general people lack values! They are complete selfish and don't care about other humans especially foreigners! Of course we have good people, but the majority are bad eggs!

My final advice, don't fall for a Tunisian whether it's for marriage, business or whatever, especially if you got to know him/her in sketchy and/or abnormal circumstances! (online, he is an animator in a Tunisian hotel, he is not clear about his job, he is not educated, he is pretty poor, he has prior, his friends and family don't look trustworthy, etc...) Unless he/she is clean as we a whistle don't think about it twice to reject him.

I know a couple of people who are married to foreigners and they are happy and built great families. These are usually highly educated Tunisians with already good financial situation and are not in need of anybody to grant them visas to go abroad. They are married really for love. But these type of Tunisians are scarce.

So please in case it happened that you might be attracted to Tunisians (I don't know maybe some people are) or want to marry a Tunisian for any reason (a good one of course), or you want to start a business with a Tunisian, look for someone from this category, means he/she is highly educated, already has money, and can travel abroad without your help. Other than this just avoid it.
Hi these are hard words but since you are directly on the case then is that true right? So cruel but I want to ask something why call themselves Muslims when they do not follow the Qur'an? Because I'm sure it doesn't say it's okay to exploit others. If money is everything in Tunisia then is there anything wrong with both the people and the culture? But good that you are honest.

Amira

Major Ratslayer
I'm in full agreement with you here. Marrying someone with a higher socio economic status & who is well travelled makes a massive difference. My husband is from Cairo and ticks all those boxes too. He had lived and worked in several countries before we met.

Before we moved to the UK in 2010 we lived in UAE for a couple of years. At that time I was a member of a now defunct forum which was kind of like TLR but for Egyptians (and with massive fights as hardly ever moderated!) and I knew lots of women on there who had married Egyptians (mostly ones they had met on holiday/internet) and my husband point blank refused to meet most of them if we we were having meet ups in Egypt as he said they were "B2eea" (low class) I used to get really annoyed at his snobbery but he has way more good qualities than bad.

10 years later I see on FB that very few of those marriages have survived as many were rats. I know of 2 ladies who married Copts (christians) and they are still together. My husband is also Coptic so I suppose the fact they can only get married the once in Church makes marriage fraud less likely.

He is also very far away from the stereotypical north african male. When we moved to the UK he purposely avoided making friends with Egyptians, instead preferring to soak himself in UK culture. He took up DIY, learned to make a mean roast dinner with all the trimmings and loves a pint of ale.

He never watches Egyptian TV (except for football) rarely listens to the music, we don't cook the food. Our kids don't speak a word of Arabic either. He likes to read an Arabic news site on his phone but that's about as far as it goes

I know this very unusual but it's just the way our relationship has evolved over time. I used to complain he should teach the kids arabic but I'm over it now. ;-)
There is a big difference between the Muslim faith and the Christian faith in Egypt. The Muslims say they have nothing against the Christians but the Christians say something else? There have also been many church fires in Egypt which is disgusting.

TunisianBuster

Hi these are hard words but since you are directly on the case then is that true right? So cruel but I want to ask something why call themselves Muslims when they do not follow the Qur'an? Because I'm sure it doesn't say it's okay to exploit others. If money is everything in Tunisia then is there anything wrong with both the people and the culture? But good that you are honest.
I created a new thread answering your query and you can check it here:

Layla

There is a big difference between the Muslim faith and the Christian faith in Egypt. The Muslims say they have nothing against the Christians but the Christians say something else? There have also been many church fires in Egypt which is disgusting.
Depends who you ask. My inlaws are fairly religious in that they follow the fasts. Majority of the year they are on either a vegan or vegetarian fast and Easter is the most important religious celebration where everyone gets together and eats lots of food! We were meant to be there for Easter this year but flights were cancelled due to Covid19. :(

Culturally they are very similar, Christians also adopt the muslim cultural practices leading up to marriage. Ie the man has to provide an apartment if he wants to get married, bride has to be furnished with gold. bride provides the furnishings etc.

My husband is an only child and my mother inlaw was always on his case to buy an apartment so he could get married which is why she actively encouraged him to leave Egypt and work abroad to earn more money as wages in Egypt are pish. He spent 3 years working in Saudi, Algeria and then UAE (which was where we met) and managed to save enough to buy an apartment in New Cairo. However it has never been lived in as a major spanner was thrown in the works as he married me & there is no way I could cope living in Egypt.

In January 2011 we went there to celebrate Orthodox Christmas (7th Jan) and get my daughter baptised in the Coptic church a few days after. We had travelled in between Christmas & New Year and there was a huge Church bombing in Alexandria on New Years Eve. I was so afraid going into our Church a week or so later for the baptism as they were expecting another attack somewhere had put up metal detectors outside and were bodily searching people as they entered. I wanted to cancel the service, but my whole family were adamant they would carry on as usual. Scary times. The Revolution kicked off about a week later.....

There is for sure discrimination, but to what degree varys on the person and place they are living. I think minorities in any country will always face this in some form.

D

Deleted member 37940

You are giving me red flags! Would you happen to be a Tunisian male? You sure are pushing the joint assets. It should be joint ONLY when both husband and wife bring EQUAL assets into the marriage! PERIOD!

What makes you think I am a male Tunisian?
Again point being missed

D

Deleted member 37940

Do everything seperate if that's what the person wishes for it was an alternative solution to money being sent to Tunisia and so on .
However it is important to protect yourself never the less

Amira

Major Ratslayer
Depends who you ask. My inlaws are fairly religious in that they follow the fasts. Majority of the year they are on either a vegan or vegetarian fast and Easter is the most important religious celebration where everyone gets together and eats lots of food! We were meant to be there for Easter this year but flights were cancelled due to Covid19. :(

Culturally they are very similar, Christians also adopt the muslim cultural practices leading up to marriage. Ie the man has to provide an apartment if he wants to get married, bride has to be furnished with gold. bride provides the furnishings etc.

My husband is an only child and my mother inlaw was always on his case to buy an apartment so he could get married which is why she actively encouraged him to leave Egypt and work abroad to earn more money as wages in Egypt are pish. He spent 3 years working in Saudi, Algeria and then UAE (which was where we met) and managed to save enough to buy an apartment in New Cairo. However it has never been lived in as a major spanner was thrown in the works as he married me & there is no way I could cope living in Egypt.

In January 2011 we went there to celebrate Orthodox Christmas (7th Jan) and get my daughter baptised in the Coptic church a few days after. We had travelled in between Christmas & New Year and there was a huge Church bombing in Alexandria on New Years Eve. I was so afraid going into our Church a week or so later for the baptism as they were expecting another attack somewhere had put up metal detectors outside and were bodily searching people as they entered. I wanted to cancel the service, but my whole family were adamant they would carry on as usual. Scary times. The Revolution kicked off about a week later.....

There is for sure discrimination, but to what degree varys on the person and place they are living. I think minorities in any country will always face this in some form.
Have heard that they are not allowed to get divorced in Egypt if they got married in church there.

simple

Major Ratslayer
Do everything seperate if that's what the person wishes for it was an alternative solution to money being sent to Tunisia and so on .
However it is important to protect yourself never the less
Are you married to a tunisian ,or in a relationship with one .?.Your points of views arent missed ,they just dont seem relevant when dealing with rats...You mistake a rat for a human being ,all the advice youve given is great when dealing with honest and hard working men...

D

Deleted member 37940

One of the problems when dealing with rats ( when they are in the wife's country )
Is money .
Money being sent for the family or the Tunisian girl or building a house .
How many times have people posted about the above mentioned.
I'm not stating leave thousands in the joint account etc etc . My suggestion would only work if other precautions were put into place too

Mario666

Rat Expert
Who am I?
As I said I came across this forum by chance! And about me, I'm a young Tunisian entrepreneur and founder of a startup with around 90% of our business flow coming from the US and UK.
I hold an engineering degree in agronomy, and because of my business I deal a lot with foreigners and especially Americans and Brits. And also I read a lot, in English (for those wondering about my English).

Why I posted this?
As I mentioned I'm from Tunisia and I know well how Tunisians think and behave, and because I read a lot about psychology and self development I tried to give some sort of an analyze of what's happening and also give an advice to everyone to be wary!

I understand the anger of all those who were victims of Tunisians, and I'm really showing my sympathy and I even represent my apology for a thing done by my notorious fellow citizens. But, I think we should be respectful to whoever express his thoughts in a decent way.

I'm not here to look for some relationship (as you have called others rats)! I'm not bragging, but I'm not in need of anyone from anywhere in the world to grant me a visa or money or anything! I got all these, and I got them by busting my ass and working hard! I did it by my own effort and went from bottom to top by myself!
I have no issue with anybody or any nationality on this planet. Because of my business I have friends from around the world. I have an idea about different cultures, and I have respect for everyone. I love learning and I love improving myself and become a better person everyday.

Why I'm giving you advice?
I'm not the expert, or the good Samaritan who will save everybody but personally I see what is done by those young Tunisian guys as something very terrible and shameful, and I hate seeing people gotten used, so I'm trying to warn you and advise as a reporter from the battle field. No matter what you hear and no matter what you think, I'm from that country and I know better how those people think and what they are looking for.

I'm gonna be vulnerable here but it's OK, I like being clear and straight forward! I guess because of the huge contact with foreigners, again mostly Americans and Brits, I got very close to them, I feel their love for me, and the tight bind built between us, I have some sort of empathy and love that I felt it's my duty to "protect" them from a harm I've seen happening since being a kid. I can't create legislation, I can't punish the evil, but the least I could do is giving you some advice and warning you.

Again, I understand the anger, I'm showing my sympathy, and I'll appreciate having respect as a ruler in this discussion.

Thank you!
I appreciate very much, your comments are good. Tell us, What advice would you give to Tunisian men?
We all know that the need to have a new life is the first reason for scams.

TunisianBuster

I appreciate very much, your comments are good. Tell us, What advice would you give to Tunisian men?
We all know that the need to have a new life is the first reason for scams.
They don't want a new life, they want money. And even they say they want a new life, again it's about money. This is why Tunisians never go abroad and change their lives, they keep living the Tunisian style abroad and at the end they go back to Tunisia.

The only thing that can solve this for them is education. I don't mean formal school education because they got this, I mean intellectual and personal education for self improvement and all levels. If any man has a little energy for being better while looking forward to improve his life, he should educate himself first so he will avoid sneaky and sketchy retarded ways to achieve his goal for a better life. So he will learn that he can improve his life ethically by working hard for it. And he should teach this to his children as well so they will adopt the same mindset and be resilient to the society bad influence and bad concepts.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
And Churches burned in Pakistan too. Yet we have a multitude of mosques, synagogues and temples in U.K.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Have heard that they are not allowed to get divorced in Egypt if they got married in church there.
If the person is British and separated from her husband or wife 2 years I believe she can divorce him or her in Britain. It used to be 5 years.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
What's your point here?
It’s a crying shame Muslims do not let other religions practice peacefully and pray in their Countries and only allow ancient churches standing then burn or bomb them! Yet in U.K. we have monumental mosques being built, loads and now a gigantic one in New York near 911 tragedy. So my point is why not give Christians in particular who are being tortured and persecuted in Muslim majority Countries with Imansand the Law turning a blind eye equal rights to pray and respect other religions. Our Mayor of London is Muslim. Can you imagine having a Christian Mayor in Tunis? I couldn’t find a Church even to pray as so few.

Mouais

Junior Rat Expert
There are sweeping generalisations here. There's extremism in all religions. Mosques have been attacked here. Finsbury park, Birmingham, stabbing in central London mosque regents park, just in February. The attack in new Zealand. Burning down black churches in the US by white Christian supremacists.... you can find attrocities anywhere. In the UK I'm sure our strong intelligence and security services prevents worse. Other countries may not be as strong in this regard. Oh right wing extremism is currently more prevalent than Islamic extremism in the UK.

As far as having a Muslim mayor in London and the possibility of Christian mayor in Tunis, you're comparing apples with pears. London is a multi cultural diverse city with approx 2.6 million Muslims. It's absolutely right that all faiths and ethnicities are represented in central and local government to reflect the population. What's the Christian population of Tunis or Tunisia... Tiny I should imagine, which would also reflect the number of churches. And those churches there, like the cathedral in Tunis will obviously be Roman Catholic.

Layla

I was married at the ministry of justice in Cairo which is where all foreign marriages must be officiated. We did have a big church wedding with all the trimmings over there too but only the MOJ marriage in Tahrir Square was the legal part because I am not Egyptian.My marriage was registered here so if I ever did want a divorce it would be the same process as any person.

Copts can get divorced in Egypt but it is not an easy process and can only be for certain reasons and it's virtually impossible to get married again. A lot of people stuck in very unhappy marriages. Funnily enough when we met he said he said no one in his family history had ever been divorced, however since then there has been two divorces. A sign of the times maybe?

If you think about how much value is attached to the idea of a virgin bride in MENA, you can imagine how discrimated & shunned the divorced woman can be. If she has an education/work experience and is able to support herself that is one thing, but from what I have seen it's not easy to remarry and this applies to women of both religions because the men mostly want shiny new toys. Ugh Patriarchal Societies!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
One of the problems when dealing with rats ( when they are in the wife's country )
Is money .
Money being sent for the family or the Tunisian girl or building a house .
How many times have people posted about the above mentioned.
I'm not stating leave thousands in the joint account etc etc . My suggestion would only work if other precautions were put into place too
I still disagree with joint finances and being on the utilities.

We have had many many members that have fallen fowl of the rat getting credit etc then disappearing and leaving the victim in tons of debt.

MH

Layla

There are sweeping generalisations here. There's extremism in all religions. Mosques have been attacked here. Finsbury park, Birmingham, stabbing in central London mosque regents park, just in February. The attack in new Zealand. Burning down black churches in the US by white Christian supremacists.... you can find attrocities anywhere. In the UK I'm sure our strong intelligence and security services prevents worse. Other countries may not be as strong in this regard. Oh right wing extremism is currently more prevalent than Islamic extremism in the UK.

As far as having a Muslim mayor in London and the possibility of Christian mayor in Tunis, you're comparing apples with pears. London is a multi cultural diverse city with approx 2.6 million Muslims. It's absolutely right that all faiths and ethnicities are represented in central and local government to reflect the population. What's the Christian population of Tunis or Tunisia... Tiny I should imagine, which would also reflect the number of churches. And those churches there, like the cathedral in Tunis will obviously be Roman Catholic.
Agree with you. It's a small minority who try to ruin things for the majority and this can be anywhere in the world regardless of religion, race, gender etc. One of the reasons I love the UK so much is because it is so accepting race, religion, sexuality whatever. We are so fortunate to live in a society where people can be, do and have whatever they want.

They do build churches across the middle east. I was baptised in the church in Dubai whose local population are only muslim, so these churches have been built for the foreigners. They have churches in Saudi in the foreigner compounds etc. Mosques AND churches are being built all over the world and that is a good thing.

Myriam1

Major Ratslayer
Layla, did you ever travel to Saoudi Arabia with a bible in the hand? Don't think so... Don't put it in your suitcase either...

Layla

Layla, did you ever travel to Saoudi Arabia with a bible in the hand? Don't think so... Don't put it in your suitcase either...
I don't own a bible!

Funnily enough I have never been inside Saudi. Iraq and Saudi being the only two gulf countries I never visited.It's very difficult to visit there if you are a non muslim and female. I spent a lot of time working with Saudi Companies when I lived in Dubai and I did try to go there for a business trip & was invited by the Saudi sponsor but the government wouldn't give me a visa!

I've lived in Sharjah though which has to be the closest emirate in UAE to Saudi! ;-)

My husband spent a year working in Saudi and used to get harrassed by the muttawa (religious police) when the call for prayer went off as everything stops for prayer 5 times a day there and be told he should be in the mosque! In the end he just used to show them his crucifix!!

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert

Extremists seem to have more prevalence with ISIS terrorising the World and Suicide bombers in the name of Islam. Some of the horrible attacks on mosques were retaliation. Really not acceptable to punish civilians whatever faith. However killing infidels seems to be quite popular by far.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Extremists seem to have more prevalence with ISIS terrorising the World and Suicide bombers in the name of Islam. Some of the horrible attacks on mosques were retaliation. Really not acceptable to punish civilians whatever faith. However killing infidels seems to be quite popular by far.
Unfortunately you get extremists in most religions - they twist things to suit.

MH x

Livia

Junior Rat Expert
I know about rats and bezness
I'm talking about joint bank account for both wages to go into .
Savings account that's yours alone for any money you had before the rat and so on .
That stops any one from being unaware if any money is being sent to Tunisia for what ever the reason .

The cheating part I'm talking about in an established marraige where no one has been cheated on for money or the Tunisian woman
I'm.talking about general cheating
i see where ur going with this argument... from the tons of these stories ive been reading, i think a lot of women made the mistake of being too open with their rat about their personal life...especially sharing job & salary info that rats feed on..

Livia

Junior Rat Expert
Like I stated country to country is different and of course there is many grey areas .
I think my point has been missed .
Money sent to Tunisia, him not paying towards the house or bills etc .
Generally speaking it stops huge chunks of money from being sent to may be the Tunisian girlfriend/ family or build a house
i think the joint account is good under only 1 condition: the western lady provides 0 balance! let him take up the majority!

Livia

Junior Rat Expert
i don't think discrimination is directed towards any religion or even christians... i think its more towards people from lower classes, the poor, homeless, orphans, underpriviledged, & uneducated...being rich or upper class in general is everything in egypt and u get 'special treatment' everywhere u go no matter what race, religion, nationality u come from...especially if ur a westerner. i used to study there so i know what i'm saying..i've had cashiers at Macdo skip locals & attend me...:confused: don't really know if thats a good thing?

they discriminate against their fellow citizen the moment they see 'foreigner' or 'wealthy local'...plus i was surprised/happy to see christians were more educated & part of wealthier upper classes society. they are also more priviledged cuz they prefer western education & universities than local ones..