Welcome to TLR

Cats or Dogs

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
Just seen this article in the mirror newspaper today, i dont know how to post the full article, hope someone else can, it might be the same one we're talking about a few days ago!

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Just seen this article in the mirror newspaper today, i dont know how to post the full article, hope someone else can, it might be the same one we're talking about a few days ago!

Lass

Major Ratslayer
It breaks my heart to see how people treat animals in Tunisia. Personally I see it down to the lack of knowledge or that's how I choose to see it. The animal cruelty that I have seen in Tunisia I have never ever experienced anywhere else in the whole world. Tunisians really belief that dogs are vicious vermins that will attack you for no reason. They are petrified by dogs, that's why they brutally kill even tiny puppies as they imagine them growing into aggressive beasts. If you ever been to Tunisia you would also know that their so called pets are nothing like our beloved pets. Dogs are being kept all day long on the roof terrace and are only kept to guard the house at night, they are being taught to be aggressive. The poor sick cats are absolutely everywhere. The baby camels are standing outside the butchers waiting to be skinned. That's how I know how much a camel costs... The chameleons are getting their heads cut off and dried up in the sun to be then used as a kayal eyeliner. That's all real and I could go on and on and on. Together we are strong though so please if you ever go back take some supplies with you or buy that baby tortoise you see in the medina!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
It breaks my heart to see how people treat animals in Tunisia. Personally I see it down to the lack of knowledge or that's how I choose to see it. The animal cruelty that I have seen in Tunisia I have never ever experienced anywhere else in the whole world. Tunisians really belief that dogs are vicious vermins that will attack you for no reason. They are petrified by dogs, that's why they brutally kill even tiny puppies as they imagine them growing into aggressive beasts. If you ever been to Tunisia you would also know that their so called pets are nothing like our beloved pets. Dogs are being kept all day long on the roof terrace and are only kept to guard the house at night, they are being taught to be aggressive. The poor sick cats are absolutely everywhere. The baby camels are standing outside the butchers waiting to be skinned. That's how I know how much a camel costs... The chameleons are getting their heads cut off and dried up in the sun to be then used as a kayal eyeliner. That's all real and I could go on and on and on. Together we are strong though so please if you ever go back take some supplies with you or buy that baby tortoise you see in the medina!
I never went to tunisia and I am sure it is a nice country with beautiful city's to go to but what I have learned here at the forum most of them are cruel to animals and I for one couldn't bare to see it I would try to bring them home with me because I am a sucker with animals. I can't stand people who treat animals in a bad way. People now it here they bring me all the strays or lost cars or dogs. The brother of my rat had a dog and he would do fights with other dogs. It was terrible and I told my rat they should be ashamed but he laughed at me:mad:

Last edited:

Lass

Major Ratslayer
I never went to tunisia and I am sure it is a nice country with beautiful city's to go to but what I have learned here at the forum most of them are cruel to animals and I for one could bare to see it I would try to bring them home with me because I am a sucker with animals. I can't stand people who treat animals in a bad way. People now it here they bring me all the strays or lost cars or dogs. The brother of my rat had a dog and he would do fights with other dogs. It was terrible and I told my rat they should be ashamed but he laughed at me:mad:
I'm saying nothing...I'm the same. As a matter of fact I had a little rescue in last week. Happily released back to nature now. My pets are all rescues too :love:

ButterflyBee

Rat Expert
I still can’t believe this has happened. My heart actually broke when I heard and saw the horrific pictures I nearly threw up. Why? What does a person get from harming a defenceless animal? Words actually fail me. I know what I’d like to do if I ever met the scum responsible for this. Tunisians need education big time about this s*** and most are evil towards animals which I cannot bare to see, if I do see it I cannot stay silent. I wish I could keep all the strays and ‘house dogs’ that live on roofs a home with me :(

Lass

Major Ratslayer
I still can’t believe this has happened. My heart actually broke when I heard and saw the horrific pictures I nearly threw up. Why? What does a person get from harming a defenceless animal? Words actually fail me. I know what I’d like to do if I ever met the scum responsible for this. Tunisians need education big time about this s*** and most are evil towards animals which I cannot bare to see, if I do see it I cannot stay silent. I wish I could keep all the strays and ‘house dogs’ that live on roofs a home with me :(
Me too!!! I do what I can. I saved a beautiful little mongrel puppy in Tunisia this year. She was in a bad state and extremely scared of everything and everyone, she is absolutely gorgeous now, very cheeky though! Must be her Tunisian character shining through :p

ButterflyBee

Rat Expert
Me too!!! I do what I can. I saved a beautiful little mongrel puppy in Tunisia this year. She was in a bad state and extremely scared of everything and everyone, she is absolutely gorgeous now, very cheeky though! Must be her Tunisian character shining through :p
Aw bless you and her! Precious baby. My plan (when I have more land) is to take in as many street animals as possible. I only have one cat (at home at the moment (my psycho sweetheart) but my husband has some land where his business is with a spare room so he leaves the door open and sets that up with food and water for the dogs and cats to help themselves and have some shelter. The heartbreaking thing is there are so many throughout the country

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
That is so sweet from you she has a good home now thanks to you not sure about the tunisian resembles :D

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Aw bless you and her! Precious baby. My plan (when I have more land) is to take in as many street animals as possible. I only have one cat (at home at the moment (my psycho sweetheart) but my husband has some land where his business is with a spare room so he leaves the door open and sets that up with food and water for the dogs and cats to help themselves and have some shelter. The heartbreaking thing is there are so many throughout the country
Yes of what I heard and read the cats and dogs are not helped so they can not reproduce so the kittens and puppy's are everywhere and abandoned and abused. It is heartwarming you and your husband are so caring to help them xx

ButterflyBee

Rat Expert
Yes of what I heard and read the cats and dogs are not helped so they can not reproduce so the kittens and puppy's are everywhere and abandoned and abused. It is heartwarming you and your husband are so caring to help them xx
And when a shelter try to help by getting them off the street and giving them the operations so they can’t reproduce these sickos think that’s an issue too, make it make sense! That’s sweet of you to say but I don’t think it’s caring I think it’s basic human nature to want to help innocent creatures, well maybe not basic to some scumbags but it should be xx