Welcome to TLR

Cats or Dogs

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Cats or Dogs.... I’ve had all kind of pets since childhood, love all animals❤
But this time I’ll stand for Dogs, had a little one for 12 years, passed away yesterday in the morning.
He was very healthy and happy, spoiled like he was my baby. Always with me even on vacations. He suddenly got complications due arthritis, got heavy medication for the pain. He spent two tough weeks, not sleeping, eating little portions... until he finally had a heart attack.
I’m thankful he did not suffered, it was very quick, the last thing we did was going out to the garden and he sat to observe the plants. It was sunny and beautiful, took him in for a snack and he was gone... I’m thankful he didn’t suffer and for all the good years we had together. The purest love comes from a little Dog. ❤
I am so sorry for your loss. Your baby is in a better place now. I know how it can hurt. I lost my heart dog a year ago and it still hurts sometime.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Oh no I am so sorry to hear that - they really become family to us and I completely understand the pain you must be feeling. It sounds like he had a lovely,kind and happy life with you and what a peaceful end for him - with his mummy in the sunshine and snacks.

My pain at losing my dog was worse than losing the rat - take time to grieve him ❤

Big hugs and love

MH x
Oh you so right MH..when i lost my pup it was horrible. I could not stop crying. When the rat left 2 months after that i have not cried at all.

Wiser

Major Ratslayer
I am so sorry for your loss. Your baby is in a better place now. I know how it can hurt. I lost my heart dog a year ago and it still hurts sometime.
Oh you so right MH..when i lost my pup it was horrible. I could not stop crying. When the rat left 2 months after that i have not cried at all.
Thank you Anna, it’s true... the void is too big. Can’t count the tears, but happy he is not going through pain anymore. So sorry for your puppy too, they are important family members that gave the purest love at all times. Xx

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Sorry to hear Anna2you loosing a beloved pet is heartbreaking ❤. How are you by the way? Hopefully on your way to recovery :)
Hi Butterflies..i am doing real good. Thank you for asking. I feel like i got a second chance at life..lol. Its a fast recovery because they were able to enter the heart through the veins. I have another dog besides my 2 pups. She is 17 and has cancer so she will not last as long. I love her also...but i know she had a long good life and i am more prepared for her leaving. The one that passed last year was much younger and it was a shock. Well, life can be harsh at times but i feel much stronger this time.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Butterflies..i am doing real good. Thank you for asking. I feel like i got a second chance at life..lol. Its a fast recovery because they were able to enter the heart through the veins. I have another dog besides my 2 pups. She is 17 and has cancer so she will not last as long. I love her also...but i know she had a long good life and i am more prepared for her leaving. The one that passed last year was much younger and it was a shock. Well, life can be harsh at times but i feel much stronger this time.
Hey Anna

How are you doing - are you recovering okay? It’s amazing what they can do, for me they went up through my femeral artery.

Hows your girl doing - 17 is a really good age but that is no consolation apart from you’ve given her a great life ❤️ When my boy (only 7) passed I had to take two weeks off - pets are precious.

Are you doing okay otherwise?

MH x

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
It breaks my heart to see how people treat animals in Tunisia. Personally I see it down to the lack of knowledge or that's how I choose to see it. The animal cruelty that I have seen in Tunisia I have never ever experienced anywhere else in the whole world. Tunisians really belief that dogs are vicious vermins that will attack you for no reason. They are petrified by dogs, that's why they brutally kill even tiny puppies as they imagine them growing into aggressive beasts. If you ever been to Tunisia you would also know that their so called pets are nothing like our beloved pets. Dogs are being kept all day long on the roof terrace and are only kept to guard the house at night, they are being taught to be aggressive. The poor sick cats are absolutely everywhere. The baby camels are standing outside the butchers waiting to be skinned. That's how I know how much a camel costs... The chameleons are getting their heads cut off and dried up in the sun to be then used as a kayal eyeliner. That's all real and I could go on and on and on. Together we are strong though so please if you ever go back take some supplies with you or buy that baby tortoise you see in the medina!
I remember the roadside bbqs with goats waiting to be next in line - it’s disgusting

Lass

Major Ratslayer
I remember the roadside bbqs with goats waiting to be next in line - it’s disgusting
I know, it just breaks my heart to see the lack of education on animal rights in Tunisia. On a good note I managed to rescue another puppy, he is doing great and we found him a nice family to go to so he is ready to be rehomed now. It's the little things that count. One makes a difference too :love: