Welcome to TLR

Cyber Crime warning

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Good morning ladies

Mindfully aware of preserving my identity , always secure - I was ( my business) hacked last night at approx 6pm on my business instagram by Turkish males ( the cheeky f ers) who then rang me demanding I pay a huge fee to buy my own insta back.

I REFUSED so they wiped and deleted the account and 7 years of very very hard work and content.

I have also lost the 11,000 followers that took years to build, I am absolutely gutted and cried most of last night :Cry:

Be very careful, Covid is driving Cyber Crime much harder than usual x

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Good morning ladies

Mindfully aware of preserving my identity , always secure - I was ( my business) hacked last night at approx 6pm on my business instagram by Turkish males ( the cheeky f ers) who then rang me demanding I pay a huge fee to buy my own insta back.

I REFUSED so they wiped and deleted the account and 7 years of very very hard work and content.

I have also lost the 11,000 followers that took years to build, I am absolutely gutted and cried most of last night :Cry:

Oh my God that is awful Can Instagram not help you to retrieve your account, surely legally your details should be backed up?

Also contact cybercrime (you probably already have)

Big hugs

MH x

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Oh my God that is awful Can Instagram not help you to retrieve your account, surely legally your details should be backed up?

Also contact cybercrime (you probably already have)

Big hugs

MH x
They wiped the account when I didn't pay up.
Were laughing when they called me , I have saved all the texts too.

Highly efficient well organised fraud, the account is gone, deleted, wiped BASTARDS, so upset

Can you link me cybercrime please MH x

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
They wiped the account when I didn't pay up.
Were laughing when they called me , I have saved all the texts too.

Highly efficient well organised fraud, the account is gone, deleted, wiped BASTARDS, so upset

Can you link me cybercrime please MH x

Do still try contacting Instagram as that’s the site they hacked!

MH x

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
This is awful. I wasn’t even aware of this kind of hacking where they ask money after destroying everything. Thank you for letting us know. I’m so sorry for all the trouble they caused you. That is so disgusting. It never stops. My husband constantly has to deal with hacking in his job, server hacking. They hack servers and a lot can be shut down. It’s a waste of time and causes extra hours of work on weekends, at night and worse it affects all the business activities. Most of the time, they can’t be stopped because they can’t be found.

I’m really sorry, Tigerpants. They don’t care about ruining the work of others and I hope they don’t get money from any of the people they hurt. Anyway how can they be trusted? Even after they receive money, they may never restore what they destroyed. We can’t believe them. I can’t imagine the headache of having to start everything again and I hope you’ll be able to find most of your followers and to get new ones, and find success in your business once again soon.

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
This is awful. I wasn’t even aware of this kind of hacking where they ask money after destroying everything. Thank you for letting us know. I’m so sorry for all the trouble they caused you. That is so disgusting. It never stops. My husband constantly has to deal with hacking in his job, server hacking. They hack servers and a lot can be shut down. It’s a waste of time and causes extra hours of work on weekends, at night and worse it affects all the business activities. Most of the time, they can’t be stopped because they can’t be found.

I’m really sorry, Tigerpants. They don’t care about ruining the work of others and I hope they don’t get money from any of the people they hurt. Anyway how can they be trusted? Even after they receive money, they may never restore what they destroyed. We can’t believe them. I can’t imagine the headache of having to start everything again and I hope you’ll be able to find most of your followers and to get new ones, and find success in your business once again soon.
Thanks doll,
They asked for money £400, I said "whats to say you will return as you're not exactly honest are you", then they halved it to £200 and asked me again. I didn't respond ( on good advice) then they rang and said last chance £4000. Laughing down the phone in Turkish / English.
Actually had the nerve to say "it's no good to me, I just want money" then wiped it - its just a black screen now and 11k engaged followers lost.

Absolute lowlife scum bags.

Today......Woke up , brushed my big girls Tigerpants and started all over again with a new Insta , what a year , 2020 the year of hell!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I am so sorry Tigerpants it must be awful to find out these lowlifes hacked instagram and demanding money to restore it. Scumbags who deserve punishment but as I read here the police does nothing and instagram doesn't react to your complaints about the hacking and the blackmail. I hope your followers come back so your business can thrive again. You never know how safe you are on the internet there is always a hacker lurking to try to take your acount down with blackmail. It's disgusting I hope instagram reacts one of these days as you can't be the only one who gets hacked.

chauncine1

Ratslayer
Freaking nightmare!!!!!!! There are so many scams and so much fraud going on right now taking advantage of people left and right its disgusting. I sympathize with you whole-heartedly. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Thank God they didnt get a cent out of you. I'm sure you work hard for your money and they didnt deserve even a penny of any of it. Cowards!!!!

Cry as much as you need to, let it all out . Rebuild what you can, and start new as best as you can. Let us know if we can help or support you in any other way. I hope they can bring justice to your situation and prosecute the idiots who did this to you. It seems you are not the first one they did this too and its very disgusting and vile. I hate people so much sometimes this is so unfortunate. I'm sorry this happened to you but thank you for sharing this with us. It's nice that you feel loved and supported on this forum and are open to sharing with us. This is a wake up call for us all. Stay blessed<3

chauncine1

Ratslayer
Tigerpants have you tried Action Fraud? Or ICO? I know Instagram is linked to FB as well might be worth giving them a shot. FB is full of scammers as well, I don’t know if there’s a way to unlink the two
She can try that. As far as I know Facebook HQ is shut down and their campuses in Menlo Park is closed and the ones working in the fraud department building are on hiatus because of the virus so none of them are currently working or even care enough to help since they arent being paid for the most part, a lot of them are contractors and not permanent employees there. I hope someone will step up and reply to her with some favorable news to get some closure and resolution to this situation because this really sucks.... :(

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Freaking nightmare!!!!!!! There are so many scams and so much fraud going on right now taking advantage of people left and right its disgusting. I sympathize with you whole-heartedly. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Thank God they didnt get a cent out of you. I'm sure you work hard for your money and they didnt deserve even a penny of any of it. Cowards!!!!

Cry as much as you need to, let it all out . Rebuild what you can, and start new as best as you can. Let us know if we can help or support you in any other way. I hope they can bring justice to your situation and prosecute the idiots who did this to you. It seems you are not the first one they did this too and its very disgusting and vile. I hate people so much sometimes this is so unfortunate. I'm sorry this happened to you but thank you for sharing this with us. It's nice that you feel loved and supported on this forum and are open to sharing with us. This is a wake up call for us all. Stay blessed<3
Thanks hun, it's really upsetting and shook me up last night , they were laughing down the phone.

Imagine earning money by scamming , vile creatures x

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
She can try that. As far as I know Facebook HQ is shut down and their campuses in Menlo Park is closed and the ones working in the fraud department building are on hiatus because of the virus so none of them are currently working or even care enough to help since they arent being paid for the most part, a lot of them are contractors and not permanent employees there. I hope someone will step up and reply to her with some favorable news to get some closure and resolution to this situation because this really sucks.... :(
The account was wiped and then deleted, it's our brand name :Cry:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Good morning ladies

Oh my I’m so sorry this is just ridiculous they are unreal! You stood strong though!! Bad enough a private acct much less your business acct! Very hateful

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Tigerpants have you tried Action Fraud? Or ICO? I know Instagram is linked to FB as well might be worth giving them a shot. FB is full of scammers as well, I don’t know if there’s a way to unlink the two
@confuseddotcom instagram was created from Facebook, if you put in your FB Bio your insta account as well then even if you deactivate your FB account, your instagram still active.

Beware also of emails that sound too good to be true specially if it gives you a “link”, if you’re not sure who is it from DELETE but don’t click on the link.

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
@confuseddotcom instagram was created from Facebook, if you put in your FB Bio your insta account as well then even if you deactivate your FB account, your instagram still active.

Beware also of emails that sound too good to be true specially if it gives you a “link”, if you’re not sure who is it from DELETE but don’t click on the link.
I think Instagram was created and Facebook bought it as they saw it's potential.

Keep both passwords completely separate,DIFFERENT and use 2 factor authentication.

Lot's of people in my business community are hearing about others who have been hacked, apparently it's a massive current scam. Large orgs are being asked for 1 million by hackers

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Just because it is not about a rat it is a really useful thread and of course we support you - what happened to you is awful and I expect you feel a bit violated too.

We love you Tiger!

MH x
Thanks our Tunisian Hen :D

That's precisely how it felt and I would have dealt with it and not shared except I felt that it's pretty closely aligned to some of the behaviour seen here from Rats.
It's losing the kick in the tummy feel to now anger , I'm getting mad as xx

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks our Tunisian Hen :D

That's precisely how it felt and I would have dealt with it and not shared except I felt that it's pretty closely aligned to some of the behaviour seen here from Rats.
It's losing the kick in the tummy feel to now anger , I'm getting mad as xx
I can understand and sometimes anger is good.

Tunisian Hen? I hope you’re joking, I’m as far removed from Tunisian as you can get!

MH x

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Last edited: