Welcome to TLR

Dead Person Condolences (sign here)

T

TunisiaMoon

Christmas always leaves me with a gut wrenching feeling inside.Even a week away and im feeling the pain all over again. its very nearly 10 years that you decided that your life wasnt important enough to carry on living. and i still miss you as if it was yesterday. I miss waking up to your letters, your phone calls just to say hi and that you love me. I hated it when we fell out that xmas day 1999, all because u phond me drunk again for the millionth time. could you just not have waited and then got drunk after speaking to me. If only i had made longer time to speak to you on 31st december 1999, if only i had stopped enough time on the phone to tell you how much you meant to me and how i could feel every ounce of pain that you held inside. you tried to fight the alcohol but it always won in the end. How you must of felt so awfully lonely to feel that your life wasnt important enough to live anymore. that day mum walked thru the back door to tell me you had gone was shattering. she didnt even need to tell me i already knew but to hear that u had gone killed me inside. i will love you forever and a day, i would cut off my right arm to be with you just 5 minutes more to tell you how much you meant to me and how much your death has affected a lot of people. we miss you, you silly silly man for taking your life. i worshipped you. you didnt help conceive me but you were my daddy, you made me the woman i am today, you took care of me, you were my daddy. god i miss you. RIP Daddy happy xmas xx (f)

"Remember me not as I was when my life ended
But how I was when my strength and mind was mine.
Remember me not for what I did right
But what I did wrong to prove everyone is human.

Remember me not for what I did or what I may have said
Remember me kindly is all I ask.

To be not forgotten was my greatest goal
Remember me with smiles and laughter
For that is how I'll remember you all
And if you can only remember me with tears
Then don't remember me at all......"

Be not too hard for life is short
and nothing is given to man;
Be not too hard when he is sold and bought
For he must manage as best he can;
Be not too hard when he gladly dies
Defending things he does not own;
Be not too hard when he tells lies
And if his heart is sometimes like stone
Be not too hard - for soon he dies,
Often no wiser than he began;
Be not too hard for life is short
And nothing is given to man.

Both of these were readings at my Dad's funeral and I think sums it up for someone who's addictions overcame them. No one is perfect. xx

A

abdessalemsbelle

my mom-- 1948 to 11/14/2009
i miss you
awww hun im terrible sorry Blue. you know it has been 10 years next month for me since i lost my dad and i still get the urge to call him. but i dont get as upset about it now its more of 'oh dad would of loved me to call him and tell him this'

lots of love and strength floating your way xx

mezoo

The Decider
Habib Bourguiba Jr.-i will not hide this familly-rest in peace

Habib Bourguiba Jr., only son of former Tunisian President Habib Bourguiba, died Monday, December 28, 2009, we learn from a source close to the family.
The deceased was ill for several months. His funeral will take place tomorrow Tuesday, December 29, 2009 in the afternoon at the cemetery at Sidi Abdelaziz Marsa.
The public appearances of the deceased were very rare in recent years. Note, however, its quasi-regular attendance at board and general meetings of BIAT first private bank in Tunisia, where he is a director and shareholder.

Born April 9, 1927 in Paris, Habib Bourguiba Jr. was Minister of Foreign Affairs (from 1964 to 1970) and Minister of Justice the same year. Previously, he was the first ambassador of independent Tunisia in Washington. Presenting his credentials to John Fitzgerald Kennedy, former U.S. president had this thought quoted by the online encyclopedia Wikipedia: "You realize that we create a precedent" Kennedy said then. "For the first time a son of President ambassador presents credentials to President son of ambassador.
Habib Bourguiba Jr. was also Ambassador of Tunisia to Rome, Paris, Ottawa and Mexico City, in addition to the tasks which he had been instructed in specialized structures of the United Nations in different regions of the world ..

According to the online encyclopedia, Habib Bourguiba Jr. founded and directed from 1971 to 1988, the Economic Development Bank of Tunisia, who played a key role in the country's economy by attracting numerous foreign capital, which those of Gulf countries. In parallel, from 1977 to 1986, he was Special Advisor to the President of the Republic of Tunisia.
He was also one of the first Tunisian officials to discover the computer to its inception in 1983, and to understand the potential it has then.
In 1987 he founded the National School of Computer Science and created the Research Institute for Computer Sciences of Tunis.
There was also a member of Club Monaco in March 2002 constituted by international personalities, including Prince Albert II of Monaco, to contribute to the search for peace in the Mediterranean. It is Grand Cordon of the Order of the Republic and the Order of Independence.

Following his death, President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali sent to the family of Habib Bourguiba Junior a message of condolence in which he expresses his feelings of sympathy and most sincere compassion, praying God Almighty of give the deceased his infinite mercy and his family comfort and consolation.
In this message, the Head of State hails the qualities of the deceased, his career activist, his sense of patriotism and skill that he has always shown in the tasks he had assumed at all professional levels and policies.

google translation http://www.businessnews.com.tn/BN/BN-lirearticle.asp?id=1088614

W

WouldI

Corey Haim from 'Lost Boys' fame - how you made my young heart flutter (h)(f)

T

TunisiaMoon

sniff bloody sob..

Rest in peace PIPPIN (sniff, sob) Our lovely friend from the kids programme "come outside"..... Here's to you Pippin

pippin.jpg

Everyone sing in memory of Pippin....

"Look up, look down, look all arounnnddd. Up in the air or on the groundddddd. Come for a walk, come for a ride, there's so much to see, so commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme outtttttttsidddddeee (doo dood ood ooodddoooodododooododo)

(f)(f)(f) Rest i pee/peace mutt x

W

WouldI

Rest in peace PIPPIN (sniff, sob) Our lovely friend from the kids programme "come outside"..... Here's to you Pippin

View attachment 153

Everyone sing in memory of Pippin....

"Look up, look down, look all arounnnddd. Up in the air or on the groundddddd. Come for a walk, come for a ride, there's so much to see, so commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme outtttttttsidddddeee (doo dood ood ooodddoooodododooododo)

(f)(f)(f) Rest i pee/peace mutt x
Is it a regional programme?? Never heard of him (sorry Pippin :D)

T

tunisblue

my baby niece, abby, only here for 5 months, but loved every minute. now rests with her mommy...(f)

T

tunisblue

No (h)(f) Why Blue???? xxx
as you all know my sister passed in aug due to swine flu, at the time she was 27 weeks preggo. had an er c/s. baby abby was doing so great. right on target for her original dd even though she was a premie. however my bil put her down for a nap two weeks ago and came to check on her, she was not breathing. they revived her but after a week on life support with no brain activity, my bil was finally convinced to take her off. poor guy, his wife than his mil and now his daughter. its been a really hard time.

V

Veritas

my baby niece, abby, only here for 5 months, but loved every minute. now rests with her mommy...(f)
Ohh Blue! Truly sorry to hear that. Sending you, my most heartfelt condolences on the loss of your niece, Abby. Another little angel in heaven...(f)(f)(f)(f) (((tight hugs))) (h)

V

Veritas

as you all know my sister passed in aug due to swine flu, at the time she was 27 weeks preggo. had an er c/s. baby abby was doing so great. right on target for her original dd even though she was a premie. however my bil put her down for a nap two weeks ago and came to check on her, she was not breathing. they revived her but after a week on life support with no brain activity, my bil was finally convinced to take her off. poor guy, his wife than his mil and now his daughter. its been a really hard time.
Dearest Blue (f)

I cannot even begin to comprehend... what both you and your family have gone through...it must be simply overwhelming...but do stay strong, your resilience is a true statement of the fortitude of your character... (h)(h)

W

WouldI

Horrible, just horrible Blue... his pain must be immeasurable. A stark reminder of how precious life is (f)God bless little Abby and all of your family who have endured so much in recent months xxx

B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

A year today (13.3.09) my father in law Abdezerrak Soghier passed away after enduring two years of pain :( RIP xxx

T

tunisblue

I just don,t know what to say,how can one endure such pain.......it makes you ask where is God?
BEANS- only the good die young, its those of us left behind that grieve. as much as i miss them all at least i know that they do not have to walk in this crazy world anymore. God is right there and he will not give more than we can handle. losing my mom is the biggest blow, but when i think of how much pain she was in the last ten years? it was a mercy.

al-Baqarah (The Cow) 2:214
‏2:214 ام حسبتم ان تدخلوا الجنة ولما ياتكم مثل الذين خلوا من قبلكم مستهم الباساء والضراء وزلزلوا حتى يقول الرسول والذين امنوا معه متى نصر الله الا ان نصر الله قريب

Transliteration Am hasibtum an tadkhuloo aljannata walamma ya/tikum mathalu allatheena khalaw min qablikum massat-humu alba/sao waalddarrao wazulziloo hatta yaqoola alrrasoolu waallatheena amanoo maAAahu mata nasru Allahi ala inna nasra Allahi qareebun
Literal Or (have) you thought/supposed that you enter the Paradise and (the) example of those who past/expired from before you (E) did not come to you, the misery/hardship and the calamity touched them, and they were shaken until the messenger and those who believed with him say: "When (is) God's victory/aid?" Is it not (that) God's victory/aid (is) near/close?"

V

Veritas

A year today (13.3.09) my father in law Abdezerrak Soghier passed away after enduring two years of pain :( RIP xxx
It's indeed an immesurable pain to lose our loved ones...extending my heartfelt sympathy to your hubby Walid, yourself, and all your family on this sad,remembrance day (f)(f)(f)

W

WouldI

It's indeed an immesurable pain to lose our loved ones...extending my heartfelt sympathy to your hubby Walid, yourself, and all your family on this sad,remembrance day (f)(f)(f)
Love from me too Becky xxx

W

WouldI

I know it's a city in Texas ? I'm not that young, I'm 26!! :mad:
:doh: Dallas and Dynasty were both massive American series' of the 80s - a bit like Lost and Desperate Housewives - though more shoulder pads and stetsons :ben: