Welcome to TLR

Divorce fee

Sunflower

Hi!

Does anybody know how much the divorce fee is in Tunisia? My tunisian ex husband said it was 1600 dinars, which i sent him...I felt it was a bit to much ( a monthly pay there for a fee), but i just wanted to be finished with it all...

Is this cost of the fee correct?

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi!

Does anybody know how much the divorce fee is in Tunisia? My tunisian ex husband said it was 1600 dinars, which i sent him...I felt it was a bit to much ( a monthly pay there for a fee), but i just wanted to be finished with it all...

Hi Sunflower welcome to the forum. I think it's about 1200 dinar but other members can correct me if I'm wrong @Mica can you help here plse? Can I ask you why do you have to pay for it? Did he ever lived in your country? Are you planning to go to Tunisia again or not? When not let him fix it all by himself as he will want to marry again?

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, an uncontested divorce with no children or property etc. would cost in the region of 1,200, depending on the lawyer it could be a little more or less. I Would say that 1,600 might be a bit over the mark and should easily cover the total cost from start to finish with a bit of change left over.

Last edited:

Sunflower

Hi Sunflower welcome to the forum. I think it's about 1200 dinar but other members can correct me if I'm wrong @Mica can you help here plse? Can I ask you why do you have to pay for it? Did he ever lived in your country? Are you planning to go to Tunisia again or not? When not let him fix it all by himself as he will want to marry again?
Thank you for clearing this up for me:)
Yes, we were married for 2 years and he stayed in my country for about one year. Since it was me who wanted the divorce he meant it was fear that I payed his ticket home and the divorce fees ( which I agreed on). I stopped trusting him and did not like the way he treated me, so I had to end it for my own wellbeing.

Tunisia has always been like my second country from I was little, so im sure I will to back there one day, but not for him.

Bensalem

Major Ratslayer
Hi!

Can you please be more specific, you mean your divorce in Tunisia, if yes, it can be probably about that if a Lawyer's help is present of course.

Here's the thing, there are different types of divorce in Tunisia, usually the rights go mainly back to the female especially with the presence of children.

As far as I know, some divorce procedures do not really require money, little money like a couple of hundred dinars or no fees as all
But lawyers, like anywhere in the world can be a bit pricey.

I have two links if they may help

Divorce Procedure in Tunisia (In French) Click on it

Tunisia Divorce and Family (In English) Click on it