Welcome to TLR

Ending relationship

Jaybee

Rat Expert
I've made a decision to end my relationship with a tunisian man I met on holiday. I'm going to do this as although I'm totally smitten with him I hate the distance with us and I can't afford to return at the moment. I have tried to end it by blocking him but I miss him so much I unblock him after a couple of days then I'm back in the same situation. Any advise?

Liona

Major Ratslayer
I've made a decision to end my relationship with a tunisian man I met on holiday. I'm going to do this as although I'm totally smitten with him I hate the distance with us and I can't afford to return at the moment. I have tried to end it by blocking him but I miss him so much I unblock him after a couple of days then I'm back in the same situation. Any advise?
Hello Jaybee. I have just been thinking about posting a video in other thread ( thanks to @joon who found it), so I will post it for you now. I hope you will find something helpful for you.
And will you please read the first post in this thread: https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/possible-coping-strategies-by-wallah.4906/

B

Brasilgirl

A long distance relationship is tough. And, a Tunisian man can be addictive. They love bomb you and brainwash you so you want them more. For me it was a bit easier after I caught him cheating, but even then is was a painful roller coaster because I missed him so much.
Maybe try to stay off social media completely for a few weeks. Just deactivate temporary. Fill the time you would have spent talking to him by rearranging your schedule. Maybe take a class. Do some extra things around your home. I tried a cooking class, changed the time I went for a run, etc. Just to change things up so I wasn’t tempted to fall back into the rat pattern. I still missed him but it was easier to get past the bad times if I kept busy.
A Tunisian man is like a drug and quitting them is like withdrawal. Even if you find they are a rat and full of lies. The cravings for them are very real. And like a drug addict, you will want to give your heart and soul (and possibly life savings) to your drug.
I’m not saying your guy is a rat, but the men in that culture don’t honestly seek relationships online. Their end goal is to marry a Tunisian virgin woman who will fit the role of a Tunisian wife (slave) and raise several Muslim children.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Its going to be difficult REALLY difficult but it's going to be more difficult if you keep going.

Its almost like going cold turkey - you will miss the sweet (scripted) comments and the attention.

For your own sanity keep him blocked next time and I know, we all on here know, it's going to be a long hard road but we will walk each step with you.

MH x

L

Laura2014

Many of us have been in the same position and gone through the difficult few weeks of blocking and unblocking. I’m going to try and find a post I made a few years ago. How to burst your own love bubble. I think it may ring true for you as well.

L

Laura2014

Many of us have been in the same position and gone through the difficult few weeks of blocking and unblocking. I’m going to try and find a post I made a few years ago. How to burst your own love bubble. I think it may ring true for you as well.

I hope this helps a little.

Jaybee

Rat Expert
@Jaybee

How are you doing now?

MH x
Hi
I finally ended it but not when I made my original post - I couldn't do it then. He was being really nice and telling me all about his family so I got sucked back in. I was thinking maybe it could work, then last week he asked me for trainers/clothes as all copies in Tunisia. It's first time he'd asked for anything but it was the last as I knew what I had to do. He has since rang a few times but I think he has accepted it. I'm ok as after he asked for those things I knew then he wasn't genuine

naike

Major Ratslayer
Its going to be difficult REALLY difficult but it's going to be more difficult if you keep going.

Its almost like going cold turkey - you will miss the sweet (scripted) comments and the attention.

For your own sanity keep him blocked next time and I know, we all on here know, it's going to be a long hard road but we will walk each step with you.

MH x
it's happening to me right now....blocked him but went back to lnstagram to see his photos...really like a drug addict

simple

Major Ratslayer
it's happening to me right now....blocked him but went back to lnstagram to see his photos...really like a drug addict
One step at a time ,you need to get over the habit of all his love messages ,having him constantly in your face is how thy manage to get you hooked .Please try to stay away ,,Its easier said then done i know ,but we will give you all the attention you need for however long it takes .It wont be long before you realise that what you felt wasnt love ,it was addiction to all the attention he gave you .

simple

Major Ratslayer
It's not easy.I am there to where you are,i try many times not fall back,but i do that,but not so much anymore.I'll meet a psychologist so I need to get over this.
Yes you and @naike are both having a hard time right now...Seeking councilling helps ,but dont rely on medication .It will still need will power ,We are here for you and i believe laughter is the best medication,Once you can laugh at the situation it gets easier ,,If you need a clown ,im here for you both xxxxx

Sandra

Major Ratslayer
Yes you and @naike are both having a hard time right now...Seeking councilling helps ,but dont rely on medication .It will still need will power ,We are here for you and i believe laughter is the best medication,Once you can laugh at the situation it gets easier ,,If you need a clown ,im here for you both xxxxx
You had very good post.