Welcome to TLR

Facebook requests

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
So ladies I have a question. I have a fake Facebook with a foto of a young woman I created it a long time ago but only put a foto and some foto's on it in October 2020. I liked a few posts on a tunisian hotel page and some other sites. The requests from tunisians came very quick. In a few days time I had over a hundred friends. Chatted a little to see what they will say and a alot of them started to say they love me or wanted to marry me. I didn't tell bad things just general questions and things about life in tunisia. It amazed me but all wanted to go on camera and that was obviously not going to happen it would scare the life out of them to see me instead of the young woman on my fake profile :D I have seen names who are mentioned here at the forum, in the more then 300 requests I had received in the 3 months. There where a few morrocan men and a few Algerian but the most where tunisian and all acted and talked in the same ways. I questioned a few about why they all wanted me and only 1 warned me about scammers . I didn't expect to find answers but it amazed me how quick they work and how fast they start with the love bombing. They are desperate now as there are not much tourists. Have you experienced the same with either your own Facebook or a fake one as mine? I added 1 foto from last week 178 requests and 1 from today 89 requests :eek: Screenshot_20210111_230512.jpg Screenshot_20210111_230444.jpg

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
They are like leeches, I had over 500 requests in one night. They call and call and call, like declining is not a hint ! My block list is forever long.
Yes I know and they don't like no for an answer they keep calling wanting to videochat. I played with a few of them( the obvious rats who started to love bomb after 3 texts) untill they bored me then I blokked them

Wiser

Major Ratslayer
So ladies I have a question. I have a fake Facebook with a foto of a young woman I created it a long time ago but only put a foto and some foto's on it in October 2020. I liked a few posts on a tunisian hotel page and some other sites. The requests from tunisians came very quick. In a few days time I had over a hundred friends. Chatted a little to see what they will say and a alot of them started to say they love me or wanted to marry me. I didn't tell bad things just general questions and things about life in tunisia. It amazed me but all wanted to go on camera and that was obviously not going to happen it would scare the life out of them to see me instead of the young woman on my fake profile :D I have seen names who are mentioned here at the forum, in the more then 300 requests I had received in the 3 months. There where a few morrocan men and a few Algerian but the most where tunisian and all acted and talked in the same ways. I questioned a few about why they all wanted me and only 1 warned me about scammers . I didn't expect to find answers but it amazed me how quick they work and how fast they start with the love bombing. They are desperate now as there are not much tourists. Have you experienced the same with either your own Facebook or a fake one as mine? I added 1 foto from last week 178 requests and 1 from today 89 requests :eek: View attachment 68528 View attachment 68529
Same experience. My profile was shared by one of them in a public fb group after asking about tours. Inmediately hundreds of friend requests and followers flooded my page. Biggest regret.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Same experience. My profile was shared by one of them in a public fb group after asking about tours. Inmediately hundreds of friend requests and followers flooded my page. Biggest regret.
It's scary but luckily it's my fake one but when it's your own Facebook it's intimidating what they all say and want and yes it's true for me to the biggest regret I never heard of bezness before I would never accept a tunisian on my real fb again.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
So ladies I have a question. I have a fake Facebook with a foto of a young woman I created it a long time ago but only put a foto and some foto's on it in October 2020. I liked a few posts on a tunisian hotel page and some other sites. The requests from tunisians came very quick. In a few days time I had over a hundred friends. Chatted a little to see what they will say and a alot of them started to say they love me or wanted to marry me. I didn't tell bad things just general questions and things about life in tunisia. It amazed me but all wanted to go on camera and that was obviously not going to happen it would scare the life out of them to see me instead of the young woman on my fake profile :D I have seen names who are mentioned here at the forum, in the more then 300 requests I had received in the 3 months. There where a few morrocan men and a few Algerian but the most where tunisian and all acted and talked in the same ways. I questioned a few about why they all wanted me and only 1 warned me about scammers . I didn't expect to find answers but it amazed me how quick they work and how fast they start with the love bombing. They are desperate now as there are not much tourists. Have you experienced the same with either your own Facebook or a fake one as mine? I added 1 foto from last week 178 requests and 1 from today 89 requests :eek: View attachment 68528 View attachment 68529
Interesting! Yeah anyone I have even spoke with over there trying just as a friendly friend start the love bombing very quickly.. I even say to them you don’t even know me how could you love me???? It is very obvious especially since I know what they’re doing I find it just gross now

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Interesting! Yeah anyone I have even spoke with over there trying just as a friendly friend start the love bombing very quickly.. I even say to them you don’t even know me how could you love me???? It is very obvious especially since I know what they’re doing I find it just gross now
A man who tried to love bomb me, I told him I'm not single he had the nerve to ask if a cousin of me wouldn't want to marry him?? I said who wants to marry a stranger? He said she can meet me in tunisia and if we connect we can marry :eek:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I don’t get any requests lol oh well.

Possibly because I’m not on any bezness or Tunisian FB groups and my friends list is hidden.

MH x
It's only on my fake acount MH and there I am a beautiful young woman lol so the rats would be very surprised when it's me who opens the cam :D on my own fb is everything hidden to so no new rats for me. I only use it to investigate so I had to accept tunisians/ men and females but really these requests are ridiculous

Neonnurse

Senior Rat Expert
I had the same experience as soon as I like posts on Delfino hotel facebook page the messages and friend requests came thick and fast. My husband was fuming and we were stringing them along for a few messages then responding in Arabic telling them how disgusting they are.
The requests only stopped when I changed my profile picture of one to me and hubby together. Disgusting. They are so desperate for a visa.

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
Yeah, same here. The best thing is some of them don't actually know English at all and use the Google translate but they still want to see you on the camera...now that would be awkward. The friend requests and messages are never ending.
I want to know what their fascination is with video calls! What is wrong with just hearing our voices? Heaven only knows how they would have managed in the 70s/80s...or earlier. Do they want video calls just in case we aren’t who we say we are? That’s their game...not ours! They are not human. Just frustrating that they so easily embed themselves into our heads and hearts. Once bitten twice shy! Some of us are bitten over and over though. Can only pray that’s not us.

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
You’d think they would be wiser and more cunning. Although many women are suckered into falling for the immediate lovebombing (I’m the first to raise my hand) you’d think they would do things slower and bide their time. Being narcissistic I know there are more slippery ones who have lots of patience and take things very slow. They know they will eventually reap the rewards and we’ll wonder how we never saw the many red flags as we were seduced by these lovebombing experts. Mine started as a an online “friend” and bided his time but when he decided it was time to take things to the next level it all happened so quickly. Without realising it I had already started falling for him in the “friend” stage....but I think he was already lovebombing then in a very subtle way. They are masters of deception and they see themselves as our puppeteer pulling all the strings. The more we know about these rats and those red flags the less likely we will be to get caught in their narcissistic web of lies. That’s what makes this site so incredible. We’ve all been there and sharing our stories and giving advice only equips us better so that we the ammunition we need to either protect ourselves or destroy them...whichever the case may be. Please excuse the violent connotations...it comes from all the true crime documentaries I watch. Haha!

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
I don’t get any requests lol oh well.

Possibly because I’m not on any bezness or Tunisian FB groups and my friends list is hidden.

MH x
I think you are very wise @MH007. I recently deactivated my Facebook account as I was starting to suffer from a mild form of depression as a result of the financial and mental effects of COVID and the national lockdowns we’ve already had. I have 29000 followers on Instagram and the other day I almost deleted the account altogether for the same reason. I also get some strange men messaging me on there after following me. Heaven only knows how many I’ve had to block over the years. I have no doubt that there were many rats...a term I knew nothing about until coming across TLR. You guys opened my eyes. My FB friends list is also private and I can only receive FB friend requests from friends of friends. Not even sure I will reactivate my accounts. They depress me...and without them I am pretty safe from Tunisians...especially the love rats. I don’t visit sites I don’t know. Never want to be entangled in another Tunisian loverat’s web!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I think you are very wise @MH007. I recently deactivated my Facebook account as I was starting to suffer from a mild form of depression as a result of the financial and mental effects of COVID and the national lockdowns we’ve already had. I have 29000 followers on Instagram and the other day I almost deleted the account altogether for the same reason. I also get some strange men messaging me on there after following me. Heaven only knows how many I’ve had to block over the years. I have no doubt that there were many rats...a term I knew nothing about until coming across TLR. You guys opened my eyes. My FB friends list is also private and I can only receive FB friend requests from friends of friends. Not even sure I will reactivate my accounts. They depress me...and without them I am pretty safe from Tunisians...especially the love rats. I don’t visit sites I don’t know. Never want to be entangled in another Tunisian loverat’s web!
Hi Scottish Lassie I am so sorry you felt depressed due to covid I think there are alot of people now who are isolated at home or have financial loss caused by the pandemic. Whenever you feel the need to chat or need a rant we are here for you xxxx. I use Facebook for a good laugh I only share jokes or something like that. The world and life on it is depressing sometimes but it's the laugh a day that keeps the doctor away and not only an apple. Sending you a big warm hug xxxx

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
Hi Scottish Lassie I am so sorry you felt depressed due to covid I think there are alot of people now who are isolated at home or have financial loss caused by the pandemic. Whenever you feel the need to chat or need a rant we are here for you xxxx. I use Facebook for a good laugh I only share jokes or something like that. The world and life on it is depressing sometimes but it's the laugh a day that keeps the doctor away and not only an apple. Sending you a big warm hug xxxx
Hi @Butterflies and Happy New Year! Hope your 2021 has started well despite this pandemic. I returned to work on 02 January. Our office has still been closed since March last year but a few of the Forensic team have been coming in to do work in the labs...so me and my colleague aren’t too lonely and bored. I’m just glad to still have my job. It keeps me sane. Even so it is still depressing but I’m very happy that I have you and the rest of the crew to cheer me up when I feel low. Just reading some of the comments on posts here does the trick. We are expecting snow tomorrow so that’s put a smile on my face. Not too often that we see snow in the east of England. Perhaps I’ll do what I did in 2007 when I lay down in the car park at work right outside the main entrance and made a snow angel...in a dress. Thankfully nobody saw anything they shouldn’t have. Hahaha! I guess we have to look at the bright side of life or the depression will just kill us. After my 3 old work colleagues back in South Africa died from COVID in December that made me feel even more sad. A stark reminder that we can be here and gone the next. Another reason why we shouldn’t let these love rats fill our thoughts 24/7. There are so many other happy things to think about. I guess I should practice what I preach. Sending a big warm hug right back to you lovely lady. xxx

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Butterflies and Happy New Year! Hope your 2021 has started well despite this pandemic. I returned to work on 02 January. Our office has still been closed since March last year but a few of the Forensic team have been coming in to do work in the labs...so me and my colleague aren’t too lonely and bored. I’m just glad to still have my job. It keeps me sane. Even so it is still depressing but I’m very happy that I have you and the rest of the crew to cheer me up when I feel low. Just reading some of the comments on posts here does the trick. We are expecting snow tomorrow so that’s put a smile on my face. Not too often that we see snow in the east of England. Perhaps I’ll do what I did in 2007 when I lay down in the car park at work right outside the main entrance and made a snow angel...in a dress. Thankfully nobody saw anything they shouldn’t have. Hahaha! I guess we have to look at the bright side of life or the depression will just kill us. After my 3 old work colleagues back in South Africa died from COVID in December that made me feel even more sad. A stark reminder that we can be here and gone the next. Another reason why we shouldn’t let these love rats fill our thoughts 24/7. There are so many other happy things to think about. I guess I should practice what I preach. Sending a big warm hug right back to you lovely lady. xxx
Thank you so much for the nice wishes it's so nice of you. Wishing you a bright, healthy happy new year Scottish Lassie and yes here to snow tomorrow in Belgium so go for it create does snowangels and enjoy every minute of it who cares what other people think of it it's your life. I had a close girlfriend who was in a coma for 3 weeks due to covid so it puts life into perspective when you experience it close to home. Enjoy each day as it comes life isn't promessed for everyone. Rats experiences are sad, heartbreaking and there are women who are affected by it in a very bad way but there is life after a rat most of us here are proof of that we can be happy again xx

Last edited:

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
I wanted to share a text my daughter sent me today. She’s 18 and looks them, has a very private page, her profile picture has nothing provocative, no full body shot etc.. and still she receives requests from men who, she said, must be in their thirties. (They may be younger though but they sure are not normal boys her age who just want to make friends) Disgusts me. I always knew they target also very young girls so it doesn’t surprise me but it ticks me off each time. And not because it’s my child, but because they have no boundaries. I’d feel the same way if I didn’t have girls. They won’t stop at nothing. How would they like if men did that to their little sisters?
Ps. It’s not the first time. It happened to my other daughters too. And it’s always men from the same countries.. I asked her to show me their profiles but she deleted as soon as she saw them. Too bad. It would have been interesting to see if one of them was a known rat.

Attachments

• FC6834FE-5770-46E4-8510-3F6AB3C7A72A.jpeg
    FC6834FE-5770-46E4-8510-3F6AB3C7A72A.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 01FB9B98-48FC-420A-8A80-C65AC0BE9D17.jpeg
    01FB9B98-48FC-420A-8A80-C65AC0BE9D17.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Lass

Major Ratslayer
I had 9 messages in my spam box on messenger today! Obviously I ignored them all. I had some nutter that sent me message on Insta and I stupidly accepted his message request (without actually sending anything back to him) and he phoned me 12 times in a row before I blocked him! Seriously what would you even say to a random person that you never spoken to before??
@SouthernGirl yeah, nothing will stop them, whether it's an 18 or 80 year old no matter to them. I had some very explicit pictures sent to me in the past. I was totally shocked when I seen them.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
I had 9 messages in my spam box on messenger today! Obviously I ignored them all. I had some nutter that sent me message on Insta and I stupidly accepted his message request (without actually sending anything back to him) and he phoned me 12 times in a row before I blocked him! Seriously what would you even say to a random person that you never spoken to before??
@SouthernGirl yeah, nothing will stop them, whether it's an 18 or 80 year old no matter to them. I had some very explicit pictures sent to me in the past. I was totally shocked when I seen them.
Calling a woman they don’t know 12 times in a row, seriously? Who knows how many more times he would have called if you hadn’t blocked him immediately? The double, or even more probably! He would have continued relentlessly for days. These men are pathetic and it’s an understatement!!
I bet you were shocked and grossed out when you received these disgusting pictures. I’m sorry you had to see that, Lass. It happened to me once from a young Egyptian guy that I didn’t know from Adam. I couldn’t believe it either.

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
Yes contrary to popular belief they do target women of all ages. An older rat that I met on holiday asked me for money when I was 18 or 19, and bear in mind this was an older “gentleman” lol imagine. They have NO limits, but what they like about very young girls is that they’re more malleable and can be more easily brainwashed into being used or controlled. When you’re young and rebellious you believe love can overcome anything. So beware they are targeting different age groups. I knew a young German woman whose Egyptian “husband” (or feck knows what) was cheating on her and years later they are still together with a baby and he can travel. The mind boggles.