Welcome to TLR

Hi, anyone met a rat on match.com?

G

Galadriel

You make a lot of sense, do hope women who look in here read this, great addition to everyones elses warnings.
Can I just say and maybe my area of expertise, real men go work off their testosterone surges ;) in other ways than temper tantrums or just plain temper by going outdoors, fishing, hunting, hiking, working on cars, racing cars, trucks, bikes, chopping down trees ha ha...anything where they are in control of being "them".... and this is only a short list. To have a tantrum, allowed once in a while but ignore completely...:rolleyes: my husband just doesn`t have them but one son has been known in the past..he learnt quickly....

R

rose123

You make a lot of sense, do hope women who look in here read this, great addition to everyones elses warnings.
Can I just say and maybe my area of expertise, real men go work off their testosterone surges ;) in other ways than temper tantrums or just plain temper by going outdoors, fishing, hunting, hiking, working on cars, racing cars, trucks, bikes, chopping down trees ha ha...anything where they are in control of being "them".... and this is only a short list. To have a tantrum, allowed once in a while but ignore completely...:rolleyes: my husband just doesn`t have them but one son has been known in the past..he learnt quickly....

Becareful of a guy calling himself leo loren or ..G.B...he is on badoo....is a scammer....says single no children....but is married to english woman and has a child....

mezoo

The Decider
He did tell me he was a convert to Catholism from Islam.
death knell if they find out this at home. even if he is a gay liar. he'd have to hide. i know about a tunisian guy who converted, while in tunisia and he still hides 20 years later. so forgiving there about this particular thing. lol

T

twitter

Ive heard about them killing if they change religion... terrible . I also found this on u tube from a talk show in Egypt..Its graphic so dont watch if you are of a nervous disposition. The point im trying to make is mezoo is right in what he says.

S

sparkle

I don't think only those of a nervous disposition will find this horrific. I thought I was a tough cookie but I wished I hadn't seen it. That has got to be the worst thing I've ever seen. That poor boy :(.
What animals those people are and all in the name of religion. Sick!!

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
I don't think only those of a nervous disposition will find this horrific. I thought I was a tough cookie but I wished I hadn't seen it. That has got to be the worst thing I've ever seen. That poor boy :(.
What animals those people are and all in the name of religion. Sick!!

I seem to remember something about that video being fake or certainly not shot in Tunisia - it has been on here before I think or maybe it was t.com :confused:

Arkady

Major Ratslayer
well maybe he did work in tourism before but now he works in a call centre? He wouldn't get a job there without being able to speak English or French fluently
the picture on the beach could have come from his previous days in tourism??

just saying he might not be lying about the job ....
No he wouldn’t. I’ve worked in call centers and they don’t even like you to have too much of a drawl if you are from the south.

Arkady

Major Ratslayer
Fight clubs are another option

Scammed

Hello, I'm new here and can I just say what an eye-opener this site is, AND very helpful for women like me who know very little about Tunisia, but who have become involved in some way with a Tunisian man.
I'd like to ask if you think it's common to find rats on dating sites that require a fee, like match.com?

I joined about 2 months ago (separated last year after 20 year marriage) just to see how things went. About 2 weeks ago a Tunisian guy from Sousse sent me a lovely, well written email via match.com and so I sent a polite reply. I pointed out that I'm 11 years older than him & have a young child, but he replied again, so we've been chatting via the match.com website, and this week via MSN.
He is well educated (has a masters and PhD) doesn't work in tourism & speaks 5 languages (so he tells me). He hasn't asked me for money, and I looked him up on pipl.com (thanks to reading about it here) and have found nothing bad, only a myspace account which is not used. The info on that regarding his education, job etc matches what he has said on match.com.
I like him very much, but the only thing that I think is odd is that he wants me to visit him ASAP to see if we 'click', as he says he is not into playing games, he's not into one night stands,he is looking for a long term relationship and that we could spend 10 years chatting online and still not know whether we suit each other (hmmmm) I asked him why he doesn't want a Tunisian woman...he said that a lot of them only want men with lots of money (?)

So I said 'well, you must be able to meet plenty of British tourists in Sousse?'. He says he doesn't go out in the tourist areas and he works such long hours. Also, he wanted to try match .com as his friend met his wife on it.He does say in his match.com profile that he is very idealistic and spontaneous, so I'm thinking it might just be his personality, but to be honest I think it's unreasonable to expect me to fly out to a strange country on my own, at my own expense so soon, on the off-chance that we 'click'.

So I did a bit of Googling for Tunisia & found some hotel reviews which said that some hotels are full of older european women with their young male 'friends', and then I found this site and read about all the problems...and I'm starting to wonder if he is a fledgling rat or just a nice guy who is a bit too idealistic. We had an email argument last night as a couple of times he has flounced offline when I have been reluctant to commit to visiting. He said there was a storm two nights ago when we were talking on MSN via webcam, and it knocked out all the communications and that is why he went offline & hasn't been able to text to let me know...(hmmm). And he is VERY UPSET AND HURT that I think he might be one of those CHEAP NASTY MEN ( i told him my worries about getting hassled as a single women out there.
I just don't know what to believe. Part of me feels like throwing caution to the wind and just flying out there, as he is attractive and well spoken, has a decent job...and if it doesn't come to anything, at least I'll have had a holiday, which i could really do with after the rubbish 12 months I've just had. But after reading about all the hassle women get there, and how the men prey on single women, logic tells me I would be mad to do that. Any thoughts welcome?
Bluejay...He's at it again...

Yvonne

Staff member
Bluejay...He's at it again...
Welcome here @Scammed. You where in a relationship with the man mentioned here in this thread?
I can't find a picture from him or a link to his social media. The link provided by @Bluejay in the past isn't working no more. And she or @Summer2008 are no longer members here
There was another thread here about a man with the same last name. Here's the link

Yvonne xxx

Scammed

Welcome here @Scammed. You where in a relationship with the man mentioned here in this thread?
I can't find a picture from him or a link to his social media. The link provided by @Bluejay in the past isn't working no more. And she or @Summer2008 are no longer members here
There was another thread here about a man with the same last name. Here's the link

Yvonne xxx
I looked at the pics from the link you provided above and that's the same last name but it's a different guy.
What about the user "Assunta?" Are they still around?
And yes, I unfortunately got involved with this man and now I'm invested in stopping this dude from doing this to other unsuspecting women. I can't give further details for safety reasons right now.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I looked at the pics from the link you provided above and that's the same last name but it's a different guy.
And yes, I unfortunately got involved with this man and now I'm invested in stopping this dude from doing this to other unsuspecting women. I can't give further details for safety reasons right now.
Hi @Scammed welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you where hurt by a rat it takes courage to come here, we are here for you if you need a chat or to talk about it. It's seems that @Assunta deleted all her posts about this man.
This man is doing this a long time so any more details about his identity you can always send it to an Admin or a moderator.
If it makes you feel more comfortable this is maybe the safest way
Admin /staff member @MH007
Admin /staff member @Mica
Moderator/staff member @Yvonne

Last edited by a moderator:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
As @Butterflies said you can message a staff member - we can post him anonymously but only when you are ready.

Read around the forum, we are all here for you and we understand <3

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Thank you all for sharing your stories and insights - it has made such a difference! Someone mentioned that the families will never allow you to sleep together before marriage, and wondered if there is a similar sentiment around drinking? Thanks!
Rat families actually don't care that you stay in the house with their sons
My rat hid it from his family he was drinking alcohol, atleast that's what he told me but in all honesty you can't trust a word that comes out of a rats mouth. They lie about anything to anyone.