Welcome to TLR

Hidden Engagement

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I understand Arabic culture is something different, the way we do things is grossing some people out just because they were not raised to see it as a blessing. We view things totally different. I truly understand where you ladies are coming from since I’ve lived in USA and Europe for many years. The reason me and my husband decided to make our life in Tunisia is because we want our children to grow up here in their culture and despite what some will say we still have the family unit values here and in other Arabic countries. My opinion only based on my beliefs….. I didn’t want my son to go to school to be asked if he wants to be a boy or a girl or a unicorn. The crime in western countries is out of control right now, I’d rather smell trash when I pass dumpster in Sousse than be gunned down at a red light for looking at someone. I absolutely agree Tunisia and many Arab countries have changed in the years with the economy, politics.. etc. it can actually happen anywhere to be fair.
I want to point something out @cara22 , I swear I’m not picking on you or have it out for you. You are entitled to think and feel how you want and to be honest if I’d went through what you did I’d be touchy about Tunisia and everything that goes with it as you are. I’ve been on forum a while and I’m sure her members will tell you, I really do have something to say about everything, but there is not fire behind it towards you. I’m Muslim and I’m Arab, but really I’m average woman. I like same things you do and I think we can agree on many things. There is nothing like walking to monoprix in Sousse with your infant , maybe little stop for ice cream…. Nice time… unil you catch a glorious smell of 2 week old trash/ food rott that has roasted in the sun so long that the garage turned to liquid… the kind of stink that you can taste because it smells so bad! That is Sousse 100 percent, I agree, but our culture shouldn’t be disgusting, we can’t change economic situation, political greed or stupid people polluting the land. Believe me in USA I saw many people throw trash away when they thought nobody was looking, it drove me crazy… and I’m sure it would look about like Tunisia if the city didn’t clean it or law enforcement gave out fines and tickets.

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
Maybe that family you saw did that, I’ve never seen that. … never. We slit the throat to drain the animal. I can post a video of a cow we recently did if it will help members know
I saw enough photos and videos on fb off the killing off sheep and saw it on streets never again will I ever eat meat again
That's how in our country halah meat is done from sheep but not on streets the Muslim take the sheep to a slaughter house especially for halal meat and collect the meat later or u can buy halal meat from butchers

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I saw enough photos and videos on fb off the killing off sheep and saw it on streets never again will I ever eat meat again
That's how in our country halah meat is done from sheep but not on streets the Muslim take the sheep to a slaughter house especially for halal meat and collect the meat later or u can buy halal meat from butchers
Typically we do that, we bring meat here in Sousse they have one large place all butchers go to have the animal killed. However, Eid, weddings… other celebrations, we kill at home. In my country it’s the same. We open the street drain and have the sacrifice, we have a man from family pray, cover the eyes while he hears the prayer and slit throat, drain the animal clean of disease

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I understand Arabic culture is something different, the way we do things is grossing some people out just because they were not raised to see it as a blessing. We view things totally different. I truly understand where you ladies are coming from since I’ve lived in USA and Europe for many years. The reason me and my husband decided to make our life in Tunisia is because we want our children to grow up here in their culture and despite what some will say we still have the family unit values here and in other Arabic countries. My opinion only based on my beliefs….. I didn’t want my son to go to school to be asked if he wants to be a boy or a girl or a unicorn. The crime in western countries is out of control right now, I’d rather smell trash when I pass dumpster in Sousse than be gunned down at a red light for looking at someone. I absolutely agree Tunisia and many Arab countries have changed in the years with the economy, politics.. etc. it can actually happen anywhere to be fair.
You are correct the world has gotten way out of hand! I am so happy I do not have any children to raise right now ! Hate to say it but I’m even happy I don’t have grandkids things are way out of control! Such happier simple times when I was coming up!

Peny

Rat Expert
You can buy the sheeps and cows heads in Tunisia its put out side the butchers shop the smell is so bad with a cafe right next door
No but I suppose that's how things are done in Tunisia
Some cafes and restaurants are not even clean
But some coffees and restaurants in sousse are spotless u just have to be carefull where u eat
Personly look for the places where someone leaves and the cleaning takes place before someone else sits there
Those cow heads outside the butcher's was the first thing I saw arriving there, freaks me out...
I don't eat any kind of meat since many years now , my father had a farm too so I've seen him and other family members slaughter pigs , chicken...
And i couldn't really eat any of those, just the screaming and the smell was so awful. Although I ate meat back then i wouldn't touch it.
I guess on that point i knew already I'm never eating animal again.
And i really am not a person who tries to convince others to follow my life rules
But there are things i just can't take
For example killing animals for celebrations , mostly in the name of some religions.
It's just cruel.

And that damn cow head... Gives me the nightmares.

Astarisborn

Major Ratslayer
Those cow heads outside the butcher's was the first thing I saw arriving there, freaks me out...
I don't eat any kind of meat since many years now , my father had a farm too so I've seen him and other family members slaughter pigs , chicken...
And i couldn't really eat any of those, just the screaming and the smell was so awful. Although I ate meat back then i wouldn't touch it.
I guess on that point i knew already I'm never eating animal again.
And i really am not a person who tries to convince others to follow my life rules
But there are things i just can't take
For example killing animals for celebrations , mostly in the name of some religions.
It's just cruel.

And that damn cow head... Gives me the nightmares.
the rat brought home a surprise for dinner a lambs head which was grilled on the fire
wrapped in newspaper, in a bag
nothing like looking at the eyes, nose, ears and teeth of an animal
while the rat was eating it, he gave me a piece of the cheek OMG :eek::eek::eek::eek:
and I swallowed it but said no thank you to the rest of it, I left the rat to eat all of
it , bon Appetit I said to the rat and I was not hungry after that!
I don't know if he devoured it brain and all I fell asleep after that experience
I would think you could get parasites from that who knows if its all cooked through :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know that this is a specialty in Arab and Asian cuisine but if its a nasty surprise
at least disguise it in some rice or couscous so I don't have to look at the animal I am eating
I know that sounds ignorant but he should have asked me if that's what I wanted to eat
after all it was my money hahah

Last edited:

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
U women remember 1 thing I am telling you
Your heart maybe with the rat and u may have been totally inlove with him
But his heart is too much inlove with himself

Nothing will ever be about you
They are shameless arrogant selfish centred and focused on 2 things your money or your visa

You women come in here and tell us all the good beautiful things he's doing for you
Well if your in tlr you must have doubts about him

But remember wisely he will never love u 100%

Astarisborn

Major Ratslayer
U women remember 1 thing I am telling you
Your heart maybe with the rat and u may have been totally inlove with him
But his heart is too much inlove with himself

Nothing will ever be about you
They are shameless arrogant selfish centred and focused on 2 things your money or your visa

You women come in here and tell us all the good beautiful things he's doing for you
Well if your in tlr you must have doubts about him

But remember wisely he will never love u 100%
I know 100%, there are those and I am sure we have been in this place
that think theirs is not a rat, that he is in it for love
Logic is important, not judging anyone because I went through it
but think about it he picks a victim in a foreign country
Why? what is the rat's thinking because he has an agenda for a visa
money, gifts
he could marry someone else in his own country or culture
why did he pick a foreign victim
oh right once he acquires wealth from the foreign victim he will have all
that is needed for a Tunisian bride or his cousin.
Now he is worthy for the Tunisian bride
And as for being paranoid as if to question everything
yes question everything to do with a rat to those contemplating marriage to a rat
its your life you are compromising for a rat!

The beautiful and the good things the rat and his family
are doing are for their benefit, the more you put on the line
such as having an obligation for years to take care of a rat
they are going to put the red carpet out.
Once that's all done the rat has his visa, the carpet is whipped
from under you, every word everything will be used against you
and then the rat gets a divorce with half or more from anything
you had together, then he sends all to his family in Tunisia then
the rat family celebrate another wedding this time its the rat
and his Tunisian virgin bride
He has wealth now because of the victim(s)
then you are in a disaster!
anyone brave enough to give their all for a long time to a rat and know in the back
of their minds that this could backfire
your dream rat will become a living nightmare!
and you may pay for the rest of your days after this in debt
nervous breakdown and so much more not to look forward too

its not 90 day Fiance happily ever after neither!

Last edited: