Welcome to TLR

Houda Golf Resort, Skanes, Monastir

• Thread starter Alice in wonderland
  • Start date
M

marylou

Yes I understand you want to warn other persons, but you did yourself something that will make them doing it the next time. You let a stranger into your room and let him take a shower, I bet he was disappointed that he didn't get more from you, but he learned that he asked and you let him in your room, so maybe the next European women will give him more than a shower........

You are rewarded his behavior / his asking, with him letting taking a shower in your room!
Wouldn't it be normal like Crazypink did write to fill a complaint by the hotel when he was standing OUTSIDE your door and not leting him into your room?

That is what I'm trying to say, European women do other things than they (hopefully) normally doing at home. The Tunisian men only respond to that.
So who has to change.....?
nertniet there is some points you have made that i agree with and i feel are true... no woman would marry a man after just 8 weeks ( i know i wouldnt and no body would be in my room haveing a shower ) and yes if you dangle things in front of a person they will try and grip it ... Its only human to want somthing so bad thats been offerd to you with open arms......
So if you want to talk about the marriage game, it's pretty much the same as your shower story.....
European women come here on holiday, maybe 3 or 4 times max 2 weeks each time, so they meet the Tunisian men 8 weeks in real life....well real life, no way offcourse because they are on holiday, beach, palm trees, alcohol and fun, so you can't call it real life to my opinion....than the 5th time they are getting married here and after that getting the visa for him.
That is very common how it goes.
Can you tell me how many women, how common is it in your country that women are getting married after knowing their boyfrined for 8 weeks....?!
I suppose the answer that it isn't very common....?
So who has to change.....? The European women who is getting married after maybe only knowing him 8 weeks, something she wouldn't think about to do that in her own country or the Tunsian men who asked the European women to marry him and she said yes....?

So I understand from your message that you don't want to toss about who is to blame and that you have enough said, but pleas if you really want to do something and if you really want to reach the Europan women, you have to look in the mirror, have to take responsibility aswell and from that point you have a right basis to reach European women. But by only blaming the Tunisian men, you will not reach the European women to protect themselves if that is necessarily, you will only reach that a group off women are blaming the Tunisian men and talking bad about them.......well there are already places enough worldwide at the internet for that.... ;-)

M

marylou

What shocked me last year was a Libyan pimp blatantly selling his girls in my hotel reception. The girls had dinner in the restaurant altogether, then came into the lobby later, and did their thing. Had breakfast altogether, then left the hotel in the morning. Reception staff could see what was going on. Yet unmarried couples have to produce marriage certificates to stay in a room together.

Where is the logic?[/quotemy Marilyna a friend was in the golf ( in the port ) a few months ago and she said the same pimps arond the hotel the girls in and out all day and nite and hotel did nothing... she said the girls where being brought to the hotel in taxis.....

L

lucy jane

Well isn't it funny first he tried it with you but he didn't get a shower at your room and the jewelery men didn't stay in contact with you or your friend. The next month one get a shower and the jewelery men did stay in contact with Alice, what will bring the next month for these 2 men.....?

hahaha i understand what your saying completley women do act differently abroad i made sure i didnt give them any impression so they only pestered me once they didnt get any reaction again so then i was left alone for the rest of the holiday , however if i had of spoke back or been friendly this could of been taken as a come on and then they would of pestered me i completley understand what you are saying women really do act differently no women would marrry a man in england after meeting on serveral occasions !! xxx

N

NetNiet

Hi Marylou, you quoted my post but I don't see your text, do I look with my nose? LOL

Marilyna and Marylou, it's correct that it is against the law for hotels to accept unmarried couples, but like we all know offcourse there are hotels who will except unmarried couples. And at all the European websites the women are spreading and asking for the names from these hotels because they are looking for a hotel to stay with their Tunisian boyfriend.
In Tunis I also know know 2 hotels who accept unmarried couples and where also women are working.
In every country there are women working in this kind off business, even in countries where it is against the law.

M

marylou

Hi Marylou, you quoted my post but I don't see your text, do I look with my nose? LOL

Marilyna and Marylou, it's correct that it is against the law for hotels to accept unmarried couples, but like we all know offcourse there are hotels who will except unmarried couples. And at all the European websites the women are spreading and asking for the names from these hotels because they are looking for a hotel to stay with their Tunisian boyfriend.
In Tunis I also know know 2 hotels who accept unmarried couples and where also women are working.
In every country there are women working in this kind off business, even in countries where it is against the law.

yes i see that i didnt post any thing must have got carried away with somthing els if you could see with ur nose netniet you would be a very clever person and be on tv :D there are many hotels and ppl who rent appts to unmarried couples money is money ..... Even in the top hotels you see couples there so are you saying that if its a hotel where they dont allow european women statying with there tunisian bf you also will not see the tunsien girls working there...... rem where every and what every country wheres theres sex theres money and it dont matter whos doing it .....

A

ArabChick

Oh, sounds like a bit of rat-watching to be had here still!! I was there 3 years ago ... hasn't changed!! Need to keep an eye out for the jewellery man if I'm there next month!! Hehe :rolleyes:

W

WouldI

Oh, sounds like a bit of rat-watching to be had here still!! I was there 3 years ago ... hasn't changed!! Need to keep an eye out for the jewellery man if I'm there next month!! Hehe :rolleyes:
Woop Woop are you off on your hols chickadee?! Play with a rat or two for us ;):D

C

CologneSunshine

Hellooo i stayed at this hotel in june and i had that man offering me free massarges !! i just ignored him he was very pushy and followed me and my friend around claiming how beautiful my blue eyes are saying there his favourite haha and then saying the exact same about my friends brown eyes while i was stood there i found it very amusing .. i know who the jewallary store man is too he tried it on a couple of times with me and my friend always trying to grab out attention on the way to dinner ! we had a few otheres with the dining room staff too .. the animation team where quite pushy toward sme but iwouldnt speak to them as i was with my fella, but however my friend got into a tricky postiion with one of them he say he love her and next day he was with an old women when my friend is a very beautiful girl this knocked her self confidence i say it shouldnt as he was just wanting moeny and new the older lady would have more !! did you have qa good holiday other than that ?? xx

exactly the same story i can tell haha stayed in july with my bf n 2 friends. what´s quite shocking is that they dont even care about if u re with ur bf or not they just keep on telling ya how beautiful ur eyes are n invite u to drink coffe wiv them at safari. same with animation team, we stayed 2 weeks and i saw sum of them (am i allowed to write names here?!) nearly every night with another girl at safari. but gotta admitt to "Lucy Jane" some are really ok n didnt do that. one of the guys even left the hotel cuz of the shit the others do.
as a girl i would defo never go there on my own

L

lucy jane

hahah i know exactly which animation team member you mean hahaha same old culprits, but some of them where ok and did not do this, but i know the ones who did very well hahaa !!
more than one left the hotel my boyfriendwas sacked, but his friend and another 2 did walk due to what the other team members where doing and them were the good animation now i think it is all rats, and the bar staff and dinner serves they are very flirty too ,
im traveling over there on my own to meet my boyfriend in november and i wouldnt stay in this hotel alone i am staying in an appartment, xxx

A

ArabChick

First time I was over in April 2008, I was annoyed by one of the waiters in the restaurant. He took a shine to me and fawned all over me for the holidays (no problem, he kept my wine glass filled lol). Went off on a jeep safari in the second week for a few days, and when I came back he had this really bad black eye. Asked him what happened, and he said he got drunk and got in a fight 'cos he missed me. :confused: Are there still nutters like that working at the Houda? And anyone know if there are nutters like that at the Mouradi in PEK? I'd like advance notice this time!! :D

PS Our jeep driver was a hottie!! :D

Bella

Major Ratslayer
I had an experience with an animation guy in hammamet forcing himself into my room... he wasnt taking no for an answer all week & decided to try a more forceful approach, forced himself into my room... pushed me into the bathroom and attempted to seduce me by practically licking my face - gross.... got rid of him eventually ............ saliva all over my face has never been my thing funnily enough lol

A friend of mine says all arabic men cant kiss, that they eat your face (shes snogged a few over the years)... would be interesting to know if this is the case or if she has just had bad look...... (M was a good kisser, but previous tune encounter wasnt the best!)

A

ArabChick

2nd time I went back with my friend, we had one of the waiters follow us to our room, he knocked and, stupidly we opened the door thinking it was maybe the maid 'cos her trolley was in the hall. No such luck, he waltzed in and decided to nose around. Cheeky beggar!! We managed to get him out the room quick enough, but were totally shocked that he just waltzed in!! Needless to say, we never opened the door again!! :D Imagine if one of us had been on our own!!

Bella

Major Ratslayer
Did either of you inform the management, that is scary.

I didnt, i should have i know but i didnt..... he found out our room numbers from reception... whole place was corrupt.... another evening we had booked another room cos M stayed, and he was knocking on our room for ages, my mate managed to get rid of him then the following day he asked me if i had had fun in room xx ... again, reception had told him which room M was in..... he just wasnt taking no for an answer.... he loved me ya see :confused:.... and he knew i loved him...... hmmmm of course....

M

marilyna

Sounds very corrupt, not a place I would stay reading this. Rape comes to mind. I think anyone else needs to tell the management, that is not on.

A

ArabChick

Did either of you inform the management, that is scary.

Nope, again, should have but just got on with the holiday!! We actually laughed about it tbh. They were harmless enough once roasted!!

Remember sitting one afternoon with these 2 girls (quite young), who'd hooked up with 2 waiters on pretty much their first day!! They left with them at night and never once stayed in the hotel. THAT was scary. When they pointed them out to us, we were like OMG, they looked so scary. Was like they were giving the girls evils for talking to us. Or maybe it was the other waiters that kept coming over to the table and putting drinks in front of me and my pal (we pretty much had them wrapped round our little finger from day one!!) :D

A

ArabChick

If I was on my own ... I wouldn't have opened the door!! Or I would have kept my foot behind it!! If he was still there as I left, I would've phoned reception and told them to move him!!

A

ArabChick

I'm a little older and slightly wiser (not much) now tho!! Armed with advice from this site, you have an idea what to look for now!! Looking forward to spotting the nose-twitchers in a couple of weeks!! :D

M

marilyna

I travel on my own sometimes, and that would have freaked me out. I guess neither of you reviewed the hotel either.

Bella

Major Ratslayer
i may have reviewed it somewhere,.... i would never return & never recommend.... it wasnt the hotel in this thread... it was chich khan in hammamet... and i think it was just this one animator that was this bad.... a few other were sulky when knocked back by my mate, but didnt go to the same lengths.... altho obviously the reception staff were being naughty like x

M

marilyna

Hopefully things have changed and there has been a turnover of staff. Or God help the vulnerable women who head out there.

A

ArabChick

I travel on my own sometimes, and that would have freaked me out. I guess neither of you reviewed the hotel either.

First time I went I was with my mum. Safe enough. The animation staff were charming and there was shortage of 'young girls' at the hotel, so they made do with me. I gave them no encouragement, just had a laugh.

Second time, I went back with my friend to the same hotel, safe enough as there hadn't been any problems the first time, and I quite liked the hotel. The problems we had were with the waiters that I hadn't seen the first time I was there. Would only go back out of curiousity now, but would rather try other hotels.

PS Going with my mum again this time!! :D

A

ArabChick

i think he left... he added me to facebook, im pretty sure hes "engaged" .... European girl funnily enough

Not long after I came back ... I heard that approximately 4 of the animation staff that were there were getting married to English ladies and moving over here!! Not even sure some of the girls I saw them with were even wives / girlfriends, maybe trying to pass them off as 'sisters'!! :confused:

M

marilyna

First time I went I was with my mum. Safe enough. The animation staff were charming and there was shortage of 'young girls' at the hotel, so they made do with me. I gave them no encouragement, just had a laugh.

Second time, I went back with my friend to the same hotel, safe enough as there hadn't been any problems the first time, and I quite liked the hotel. The problems we had were with the waiters that I hadn't seen the first time I was there. Would only go back out of curiousity now, but would rather try other hotels.

PS Going with my mum again this time!! :D
Good for you safety in numbers,:D I have never had this problem in hotels in Tunisia. I think it is unusual, or maybe I have been lucky. I think some of the hotels don't let staff in the rooms, the security are pretty strict.

M

marilyna

Not long after I came back ... I heard that approximately 4 of the animation staff that were there were getting married to English ladies and moving over here!! Not even sure some of the girls I saw them with were even wives / girlfriends, maybe trying to pass them off as 'sisters'!! :confused:
All in a days work.

A

ArabChick

Good for you safety in numbers,:D I have never had this problem in hotels in Tunisia. I think it is unusual, or maybe I have been lucky. I think some of the hotels don't let staff in the rooms, the security are pretty strict.

My immediate thought was how he got to our room so quickly, unspotted. :confused: