Welcome to TLR

Houssem lajnef , houda golf hotel skanes . Dirty prositute rat

dasa

Ratslayer
@Butterflies

I am a european woman. Believer Catholic but not converted.

My husband's family accepts me but they don't respect me . I am a woman who gave her son and brother a better future in Europe

They are very kind and polite. But I'll never be on a par with a Tunisian virgin. I'm not sad about it, it's OK for me. I was aware of this fact from the start and if I had a problem with it, I would never have married

We have certainly also gone through difficult times, especially the cultural differences have been a constant compromise in the first few years.

So I know what I'm talking about . even if you can get a really good one, it's not easy.

If you then also give money and gifts at the beginning of the relationship. Then you can be 100% sure that it is a rat. A decent man would be deeply offended in his honor if you pay for the cafe / hotel / meal.

Rats also speak of honor, but only to make women feel insecure. Europ Women don't know any better. A decent man won't blackmail you and break up 20 times a week because you don't send money. A decent man loves you only because of you, not your money or gifts.

The paradox: with every gift or dinar you give him, he will feel more like a prostitute because it is completely against social Norm in Tunisia

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I agree 100% butterflies ;
The tunisian/ arabic men can not have been taught values manners or respect
That the big difference between us western women and the arabic / tunisian men
That our culture demands we respect each other
But in tunisia the onky respect u got is when u tipped and first time u tipped they expect more
A bit like the rats with mg wu
They have nothing to offer idle no work no money which puts pressure on them to find a western woman for money visa from the family
99 % off the rats are dregs off society and family doing anything to get rid off them no tunisian family will allow them near their daughters as they have no prospects in life
If id have known about rats I would have removed his friend request !!!!!
They have no morals and cant even respect themselves
Where is the respect in tunisia well I will tell u RESPECT IS MONEY !!!!!
THE MORE THE RATS ACCUMULATE IN DINAS THE MORE RESPECT THEY ARE GIVEN even if its stolen money scammed money its still respect oh you have money respect to u my friend u buying drinks my friend fuck off the culture off tunisia is ratvilla and dinas greedy bastards !!!!
I know you where hurt very much by your rat @Moonshine but to be fair it's not all of them who get into love scams. We only had contact with these rodents and not those who are genuine. Reading how complicated it all is to live there and to be part of a complex society we only see the surface on what is really going on, we can't really begin to comprehend how it would be to live like that. Learning here at the forum how life would be it would be a huge difference then what we are used to so I'm safe to say I'm very happy to find TLR and blocked the rat

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
@Butterflies

I am a european woman. Believer Catholic but not converted.

My husband's family accepts me but they don't respect me . I am a woman who gave her son and brother a better future in Europe

They are very kind and polite. But I'll never be on a par with a Tunisian virgin. I'm not sad about it, it's OK for me. I was aware of this fact from the start and if I had a problem with it, I would never have married

We have certainly also gone through difficult times, especially the cultural differences have been a constant compromise in the first few years.

So I know what I'm talking about . even if you can get a really good one, it's not easy.

If you then also give money and gifts at the beginning of the relationship. Then you can be 100% sure that it is a rat. A decent man would be deeply offended in his honor if you pay for the cafe / hotel / meal.

Rats also speak of honor, but only to make women feel insecure. Europ Women don't know any better. A decent man won't blackmail you and break up 20 times a week because you don't send money. A decent man loves you only because of you, not your money or gifts.

The paradox: with every gift or dinar you give him, he will feel more like a prostitute because it is completely against social Norm in Tunisia
Thank you for your explanation @dasa I'm sure you are loved and respected by your husband and a different culture will always be a challenge even if you are from the same religion or background. Each marriage has difficulties.
Finding this forum was an eye opener for me to recognize I was conned by a rat. It's the shame and financial loss that gives a woman a tremendous feeling of stupidity you fell for it, I think this will always stay with me and yes he was blackmailing me so it added up into feeling foolish.
Bezness is going on for years and I'm afraid it will be going on much longer, and there will be always women who come to seek advice here who don't accept the truth.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I know you where hurt very much by your rat @Moonshine but to be fair it's not all of them who get into love scams. We only had contact with these rodents and not those who are genuine. Reading how complicated it all is to live there and to be part of a complex society we only see the surface on what is really going on, we can't really begin to comprehend how it would be to live like that. Learning here at the forum how life would be it would be a huge difference then what we are used to so I'm safe to say I'm very happy to find TLR and blocked the rat
I can speak on living in a poor country and living in Tunisia. I can see how rats get a taste of luxury, dinners outside the home, clothes, entertainment and other things the western women give them. I can completely understand how they get used to that and decide to be deceptive and lie to get more, but notice I didn’t say it makes it right. I’ve lived so poor that I don’t eat some nights or wash with same bucket water the next day from day before… so I understand. You can’t really understand until you live that way, but again it doesn’t make it right. I’ve never stopped so low to go against my principals and dignity for money. About Muslims and Arab people respecting western people, they do…. But if we are talking about village family/ old fashion family… then western women are dirty…. No matter what You tell them about yourself… you just unclean. Us Arabs when we get engaged the parents meet and discuss the bride, what she is all about, as well as groom, mother and grandmother ask his mother can he provide, what is dowry… what is he bringing to the table. A Western woman can marry into our culture and understand it to the fullest, but no matter how long you married we still know you are not from us and we different. Again it all depends on family and upbringing. I respect many western people and consider them like family and I have seen Tunisian families accept and respect men and women into their family. But one thing we can’t seem to wrap our head around is when the marriage has a large age difference, we typically don’t think the woman is good for the man and it will not work out…. I hope I don’t offend, I’m just speaking on a general outlook of my people.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
If you want to emigrate to another country, find out about the laws there. If you want to start a company there, you will find out about taxes, wages and work-related issues.All of this happens before you get involved. Nobody can expect that in the desired country everything will be the same as in their home country.
As I understand your post here we as western women should treat the relationship with a tunisian as some kind of business deal or am I reading this wrong?
It's there we as western women think different as we are brought up that love or a relationship is about love and respect.
I have a question to ask you @dasa when your relationship started I'm sure you where attracted to each other so how or what made you sure he really wanted you and wasn't a rat? I ask this as I don't know if you knew then about bezness or love rats in tunisia. You don't need to answer this if you feel uncomfortable to answer this

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I can speak on living in a poor country and living in Tunisia. I can see how rats get a taste of luxury, dinners outside the home, clothes, entertainment and other things the western women give them. I can completely understand how they get used to that and decide to be deceptive and lie to get more, but notice I didn’t say it makes it right. I’ve lived so poor that I don’t eat some nights or wash with same bucket water the next day from day before… so I understand. You can’t really understand until you live that way, but again it doesn’t make it right. I’ve never stopped so low to go against my principals and dignity for money. About Muslims and Arab people respecting western people, they do…. But if we are talking about village family/ old fashion family… then western women are dirty…. No matter what You tell them about yourself… you just unclean. Us Arabs when we get engaged the parents meet and discuss the bride, what she is all about, as well as groom, mother and grandmother ask his mother can he provide, what is dowry… what is he bringing to the table. A Western woman can marry into our culture and understand it to the fullest, but no matter how long you married we still know you are not from us and we different. Again it all depends on family and upbringing. I respect many western people and consider them like family and I have seen Tunisian families accept and respect men and women into their family. But one thing we can’t seem to wrap our head around is when the marriage has a large age difference, we typically don’t think the woman is good for the man and it will not work out…. I hope I don’t offend, I’m just speaking on a general outlook of my people.
You don't offend me @Aisha1 I like it when women who knows about the Arab traditions tell us the straight out truth. Each race or people from another culture has opinions of other countries and how they live. It's how we are brought up and it's difficult to change our minds if you are convinced this is how it is.
It's the same in Europe here are lots of people racists and hate Muslims and I get into heated discussions as I don't like it people are being treated bad only because they are Muslim. It's like talking to a brik wall some people refuse to see the difference between good people and bad.
When I was a young girl we where poor to and the same as you it would never make me go and scam people but I get it the rats see how other men get what they want and start doing the same it's a never ending circle but still its a low way to move further in life.
Reading all your contributions here at the forum @Aisha1 is a great way to learn how it all works in an Arab relationship so I thank you for it :)

dasa

Ratslayer
Butterflies

a marriage is a contract ..... also with us in Europe :)

I couldn't be sure at the time whether he would marry me just for the visa. You cannot clarify that 100% at all. You never have the opportunity to live together or to live everyday life. I only had the advantage that I understood the language without anyone knowing. Only after many months did my husband find out because I was careless. I also knew the religion and also the Koran. I lived and worked in another Arab country

Those were many advantages I would have to find out what he is like. Even so, like a business, I talked about marriage negotiations before the wedding. But I waived the bride money and gifts But the parents would have to give a certain amount X in order to be able to pay a possible divorce and return flight. I told them very clearly that I would have to look after my husband for the first few weeks, bring the house, the furnishings of the house. He comes into the finished house without having to give anything in return.So the minimum is the protection for a return flight and a divorce if it doesn't work out.

dasa

Ratslayer
As I understand your post here we as western women should treat the relationship with a tunisian as some kind of business deal or am I reading this wrong?

before getting involved in something important, do your research. it's about a completely different culture
And yes, every type of relationship is business-like. What's in it for me? I put my heart and money into this relationship. What do I get in return? He has no money ... So the least he can do is treat my heart like a raw egg and protect me from harm.

But if the man intentionally hurts me and blackmailed me emotionally, then it is a one-sided business where I am the loser

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
Butterflies

I totally agree with your contribution. nevertheless one wanted to pay attention to the other side. I will now take another unemotional example to make myself more understandable.

If you want to emigrate to another country, find out about the laws there. If you want to start a company there, you will find out about taxes, wages and work-related issues.All of this happens before you get involved. Nobody can expect that in the desired country everything will be the same as in their home country.

We western women prefer the idea of a romantic where you act on an equal footing and get through everything together because you love each other.

But :
Love is a luxury that many countries cannot afford or that they have a completely different attitude towards it.

If there is also a significant financial imbalance, it becomes even more complicated. Even if a western woman receives social assistance, she is much wealthier than the Tunisian man
Its not a case off being wealthier the cost off living is different
Social assistance means food banks homes lost u can not automatically get assistance sometimes you have to wait months , prolonging things
So they may have little more money than the tunisian man but when cost off living is calculated is there really that much difference!!! difference is the men will scam the familys with lost jobs homelessness get lost in the system and end up with hardly anything !!!! trouble is england is glorified too much by the tunisians , they need to come and look homes closeing down people dieing through lack off funding mental health on a long list suicides up homelessness on the increase wages cut job losses do I really need to carry on england is not a land off milk and honey !!!!
There's more men sat in coffees scamming than ever before
Time to get off their lazy arses and earn their own money!!!!

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
It's there we as western women think different as we are brought up that love or a relationship is about love and respect.

And therein lays the problem....

In a sense Tunisians do view a relationship as a business deal. If they're lucky they also love their intended spouse or will grow to. But, ultimately, if it's not considered a good match by their parents and extended family than it generally won't happen.
Tunisians always investigate potential partners and, if there are any scandals or wrongdoings (this generally doesn't include bezness with foreigners because that was just another business deal), if the person is not respectable (by their standards, not ours) then a relationship/marriage won't happen - regardless of any love they feel for each other.

Just like we think they're wrong to investigate and not trust solely on love - they think we're stupid not to investigate.and we're highly unlikely to ever win their respect - different cultures.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
marriage is a contract ..... also with us in Europe
I live in Belgium and I'm not from a wealthy home neither was my future husband. I was brought up as a free spirit and we didn't marry straight away. We lived together a year before we married and this was only because we wanted children and it would be better for them when we where married because back then in the eighties the law was different for children born out of wedlock. There where no negotiations or contracts just love. We both worked and split the costs of everything but I hardly call this a negotiation it's just common sense. If he was very poor we would do it simple.
It's a difference when you already used to the customs in another culture so I understand why this is so important for women when you are in a relationship with an Arab. It's complicated and most women don't know anything about it.

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer

In a sense Tunisians do view a relationship as a business deal. If they're lucky they also love their intended spouse or will grow to. But, ultimately, if it's not considered a good match by their parents and extended family than it generally won't happen.
Tunisians always investigate potential partners and, if there are any scandals or wrongdoings (this generally doesn't include bezness with foreigners because that was just another business deal), if the person is not respectable (by their standards, not ours) then a relationship/marriage won't happen - regardless of any love they feel for each other.

Just like we think they're wrong to investigate and not trust solely on love - they think we're stupid not to investigate.and we're highly unlikely to ever win their respect - different cultures.
I think its diffrent mindset not culture
They refusecto integrate in your countrys culture but u have to automatically be part off their culture
A loving relationship can work with 2 cultures i see it in my country
But i also see many shared housing for divorced tunusian men , because the men still stick together in your country like sheep!!! Followers off each other !!
Because they still think ur paying them even in a marraige !!!
Many nationalitys in my town live all happy together
A relationship is accepting each others cultures nationalitys and flaws to work together but tunisian men dont
No exsuces here oh its the culture no it is not
Many cultures marrry and respect each other
Only a few men from tunisia respect women and accept and share the cultures together
Respect is not what most have !!!

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
I studied the culture and looked into religion and read the Quran
But most arabic men are aggressive in way they talk
Don't really realise they are rude as its normal for them
They want to be head off home and make descions
But they won't even work (some)
But you can't even disagree with any thing he says as a woman the man has the last word
In many cultures have changed tunisian stays the same towards women
Wether Western or tunisian
U will always be just a woman
The motto is put up and shut up with a most tunisian men
they are not willing to change or budge on anything
If u find a good tunisiam man one with rrespet they will respect u to the highest
But only a few are like thisand with the rat culture its hard to distinguish the bad from the good .

dasa

Ratslayer
One of the first things my husband decided here in Europe. No contact with Tunisian men.

That was the smartest and best decision for the future together

Of course he came into contact sometimes, but it always turned out to be a drama.

To this day he doesn't have a single Tunisian friend in town.

The mindset is culturally determined. You can't separate them.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
When women become a member here and are reading what the difference is between a good tunisian man and a rat they are devistated to find out the truth about their habibi.
If women knew all this before they would think twice before they go further with it. But as a victim of a love rat it never is so straightforward as you explain it @dasa .
It takes time for the woman to get her mind out of the western thinking and place herself in the situation where she investigates the man /rat untill it was to late.
It's great you explain it as it normally works in Arab culture but to be fair to all the women who posted here they never did investigate or knew much about the culture.
It's being naïve and gullible and most importantly the trust you had in the man. And I do know there are tunisian /Arab women who where scammed to so it's not only western women.
We can only do so much here at the forum to support or advice women who come searching for answers.
Being scammed is not a nice feeling and some women loose their life for it.
All your advice is appreciated @dasa it gives an insight in a binational relationship who worked out great

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Last edited:

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
.....They refusecto integrate in your countrys culture but u have to automatically be part off their culture

A respectable honest intelligent Tunisian in a genuine relationship will integrate in your countries culture.
A bezness/rat couldn't care less about your culture, or for that matter, if you integrate into theirs - as long as you are aware enough not to grossly embarrass them.
Having said that, some rats will try to integrate if they are planning to gain citizenship and ship their real wife over at a later date.

No exsuces here oh its the culhture no it is not
Many cultures marrry and respect each other

As above, if they're respectable, honest and intelligent they will combine cultures, if they're only in it for Bezness they just won't bother.

We are not talking about culture to make excuses for rats we are talking about it so that women can see how vast the differences are and whether relationships difficulties are due to cultural misunderstandings or if they are due to bezness.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Finding this forum was an eye opener for me to recognize I was conned by a rat. It's the shame and financial loss that gives a woman a tremendous feeling of stupidity you fell for it, I think this will always stay with me and yes he was blackmailing me so it added up into feeling foolish.
That's the really sad thing the fact that a lot of members here only feel able to speak about their experiences on the forum because they are embarrassed and ashamed despite it NOT being their fault they still blame themselves :Cry:

Thank God for TLR <3

MH x

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
One of the first things my husband decided here in Europe. No contact with Tunisian men.

That was the smartest and best decision for the future together

Of course he came into contact sometimes, but it always turned out to be a drama.

To this day he doesn't have a single Tunisian friend in town.

The mindset is culturally determined. You can't separate them.
Thats the first off a real tunisisn msn that he departs from all tunisian men
The influence they have over the other men is mind blowing
They will encourage the man to get more money do things they otherwise wouldn't do
Tell them how to treat a woman how to anger and control women they laugh at the man if he can't control the woman
The friends advice is taken on strongly
This is a true man not a rat that takes on his own mind !

dasa

Ratslayer
When women become a member here and are reading what the difference is between a good tunisian man and a rat they are devistated to find out the truth about their habibi.
If women knew all this before they would think twice before they go further with it. But as a victim of a love rat it never is so straightforward as you explain it @dasa .
It takes time for the woman to get her mind out of the western thinking and place herself in the situation where she investigates the man /rat untill it was to late.
It's great you explain it as it normally works in Arab culture but to be fair to all the women who posted here they never did investigate or knew much about the culture.
It's being naïve and gullible and most importantly the trust you had in the man. And I do know there are tunisian /Arab women who where scammed to so it's not only western women.
We can only do so much here at the forum to support or advice women who come searching for answers.
Being scammed is not a nice feeling and some women loose their life for it.
All your advice is appreciated @dasa it gives an insight in a binational relationship who worked out great
Butterflies

what I don't understand.

Have all women been badly treated by men in their home country? It doesn't matter whether the man is Arab or American. Breaking up because no money is sent is definitely a nogo. It doesn't matter where the man comes from.

And at this point you have to start with yourself and protect yourself. not looking for excuses or justification because of the different culture.

Of course it's crappy what the rats do. But there are everywhere

Every woman should look to a man who treats her well. Not just 70% but always

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Butterflies

what I don't understand.

Have all women been badly treated by men in their home country? It doesn't matter whether the man is Arab or American. Breaking up because no money is sent is definitely a nogo. It doesn't matter where the man comes from.

And at this point you have to start with yourself and protect yourself. not looking for excuses or justification because of the different culture.

It doesn't matter where the man comes from but thats besides the point we are on a tunisian love rat forum so this is the reason we all are here and not because we where treated good or bad by men in our home country.
Being scammed by a love rat is not just a break up regardless if there was money send or not. Not all rats ask money or gifts they are in it for the long haul.
Anyway we discussed it enough now we women who where scammed know how it feels and we are trying to support other women and warn them

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Butterflies

what I don't understand.

NO In our own countries from my experience no man has ever asked me for money EVER!!!! I have had men buy me very nice gifts but nobody has asked for money!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only from Tunisia! I have never met anyone like these rats and never ever want to again! It was a mistake meeting them to begin with and looking back I’m embarrassed because of the age difference! You live and learn! Sa la vie

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
Butterflies

what I don't understand.

But usually the rats do treat you well, very well, so you think it's the real deal.
Gradually the cracks start to show, usually months into the relationship (or longer). By this time the victim has usually spent/parted/invested money to varying degrees.
When the victim starts to notice these cracks and begins question things, becomes more reluctant to spend/give - that is when the rats true colours begin to show. And it's arount this time the victim does research and finds TLR :(

The rat will repeatedly return to his 'nice' facade, when he realises he's pushed the victim a bit to far, and convince her his behaviour was because of stress, it was just a blip, he's really sorry blahblahblah.
This often happens countless times and each time the victim becomes a little more dubious, less trusting, less agreeable until, in the end, the rat pushes it too far and the victim finally realises....

And no, this kind of rat, this bezness, is not everywhere.

There are good and bad people, good and bad relationships everywhere, we all know about this.
But in your own country people don't generally purposely fake entire relationships just to get money and/or visa and, untill you've been a victim of this you wouldn't even know such a thing exists.

FYI my rat never treated me 'badly'. He wouldn't have been good at his 'job' if he had.
Even when i didn't send money he was still nice to me because he knew that the more believable he was the more he could gain in the future.
But he did cleverly manipulate me and fake treating me well, faked everything.
And it's only because of TLR and people like you who tried to warn me that I finally realised what was really happening.

It's not as simple as saying "if he gets angry when you don't send money" or "if he doesn't treat you well". Because these things usually happen towards the end of the relationship, when the victim realises whats happening and when the rat makes a few last ditched attempts to get a little bit more - because he knows the end is near.

It's NEVER acceptable to tell a manipulated victim to take some responsibility or to start with themselves. They never chose to be in this situation, they didn't put themselves there - the rat did and it is the rat, and only the rat, who is at fault.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
But usually the rats do treat you well, very well, so you think it's the real deal.
Gradually the cracks start to show, usually months into the relationship (or longer). By this time the victim has usually spent/parted/invested money to varying degrees.
When the victim starts to notice these cracks and begins question things, becomes more reluctant to spend/give - that is when the rats true colours begin to show. And it's arount this time the victim does research and finds TLR :(

The rat will repeatedly return to his 'nice' facade, when he realises he's pushed the victim a bit to far, and convince her his behaviour was because of stress, it was just a blip, he's really sorry blahblahblah.
This often happens countless times and each time the victim becomes a little more dubious, less trusting, less agreeable until, in the end, the rat pushes it too far and the victim finally realises....

And no, this kind of rat, this bezness, is not everywhere.

There are good and bad people, good and bad relationships everywhere, we all know about this.
But in your own country people don't generally purposely fake entire relationships just to get money and/or visa and, untill you've been a victim of this you wouldn't even know such a thing exists.

FYI my rat never treated me 'badly'. He wouldn't have been good at his 'job' if he had.
Even when i didn't send money he was still nice to me because he knew that the more believable he was the more he could gain in the future.
But he did cleverly manipulate me and fake treating me well, faked everything.
And it's only because of TLR and people like you who tried to warn me that I finally realised what was really happening.

It's not as simple as saying "if he gets angry when you don't send money" or "if he doesn't treat you well". Because these things usually happen towards the end of the relationship, when the victim realises whats happening and when the rat makes a few last ditched attempts to get a little bit more - because he knows the end is near.

It's NEVER acceptable to tell a manipulated victim to take some responsibility or to start with themselves. They never chose to be in this situation, they didn't put themselves there - the rat did and it is the rat, and only the rat, who is at fault.
True mine never treated me badly.. one time toward the end he yelled and threatened about money to get him to Italy and escape the army! I saw his mean expressions that’s when I started breaking free from that evil ass

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Great post, this part in particular - I love love love it and the more people realise that they are not at fault, they are not to blame the quicker they will start to heal <3

MH x

dasa

Ratslayer
Great post, this part in particular - I love love love it and the more people realise that they are not at fault, they are not to blame the quicker they will start to heal <3

MH x
the first step is the healing process but the second step is the protection to come back in such a situation .

It's not about blame or assigning blame. It's about understanding and protecting.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
the first step is the healing process but the second step is the protection to come back in such a situation .

It's not about blame or assigning blame. It's about understanding and protecting.
I think you misunderstand my comment. I was simply saying that many many of our members past and present blame themselves and I want anyone reading this thread to realise that it is not their fault.

MH x