Welcome to TLR

I hope I am wrong ...

Jennie

Senior Rat Expert
Here we are 2 weeks after my rats dad had gallbladder surgery.
I am convinced he really had surgery since I accidently-on purpose FaceTimed him while the rats dad was gowned up.
Anyways, with the help of y’all I was able to hold strong and I did not send a penny to him.
He borrowed from friends.

He has used every excuse imaginable (money for divorce, money for internet, money for a bike that was never purchased instead he bought me stuff with my money & surgery for his dad).
I was curious what his next excuse for money would be and I see the angle he is going with, random comments like:

- I open fridge 3 times to see something to eat
- I not have cereal for many days
- I eat just 2 small snacks like donuts and juice at work then just go to coffee in evening.
* I feel like he was trying to imply that he doesn’t eat dinner.
- Last night he made a random a$$ statement saying:
“Love, it makes me so happy to hear about you and the girls being able to enjoy meals”.
- Then we started talking about Oreos (I wasn’t sure if they had Oreos in Tunisia) and he says: I have budget I stick by. I pay internet, taxi to get to work & home daily, coffee & smoke so I can’t afford Oreos they like $2 - $3

I feel bad. I feel bad because I’m sure there is a financial struggle since his dad hasn’t been working and I’m sure they need to pay back the people that let them borrow money for surgery so maybe they really do need food.
I keep telling myself that this is not my problem but I got a good heart. So good it’s a fault.

I don’t even respond to his messages where he’s talking about food just because I know it will open the conversation so I’m avoiding it. I can’t send him money.

& ANOTHER THING!
He doesn’t go out partying, he rarely drinks and he rarely even hangs with friends.
I ask him, why?
he tells me it isn’t his lifestyle. He just doesn’t like loud fist pumping music, loud flamboyant females & all the partying.
* it’s not my thing either so I will believe him but now I’m wondering, is it really not his lifestyle or is it really because he never has money.
I have a feeling that if he had money it would be his lifestyle.

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
I am convinced he really had surgery since I accidently-on purpose FaceTimed him while the rats dad was gowned up.
Anyways, with the help of y’all I was able to hold strong and I did not send a penny to him.

He has used every excuse imaginable (money for divorce, money for internet, money for a bike that was never purchased instead he bought me stuff with my money & surgery for his dad).
I was curious what his next excuse for money would be and I see the angle he is going with, random comments like:

- I eat just 2 small snacks like donuts and juice at work then just go to coffee in evening.
“Love, it makes me so happy to hear about you and the girls being able to enjoy meals”.
- Then we started talking about Oreos (I wasn’t sure if they had Oreos in Tunisia) and he says: I have budget I stick by. I pay internet, taxi to get to work & home daily, coffee & smoke so I can’t afford Oreos they like $2 - $3

I feel bad. I feel bad because I’m sure there is a financial struggle since his dad hasn’t been working and I’m sure they need to pay back the people that let them borrow money for surgery so maybe they really do need food.
I keep telling myself that this is not my problem but I got a good heart. So good it’s a fault.

I don’t even respond to his messages where he’s talking about food just because I know it will open the conversation so I’m avoiding it. I can’t send him money.

& ANOTHER THING!
He doesn’t go out partying, he rarely drinks and he rarely even hangs with friends.
I ask him, why?
he tells me it isn’t his lifestyle. He just doesn’t like loud fist pumping music, loud flamboyant females & all the partying.
* it’s not my thing either so I will believe him but now I’m wondering, is it really not his lifestyle or is it really because he never has money.
Oh Jennie :( really at a loss of what to say to you, the age difference, the fact you’ve never met or that you’ve sent him money are all signs that you should run and stop wasting your time & energy
A lot of Tunisians don’t party whether they have the money to or not, it’s not the same culture as the US

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

& ANOTHER THING!
I ask him, why?
This sounds like a lot of bull crap!! My rat told me he didn’t have friends never did anything but lay in bed he didn’t want to go out all of a sudden he has pictures and about 600 plus friends on a Facebook that he didn’t have! Believe me they eat I’m sorry I have a good heart too that’s why I want to kick my ass every time I think of all the excuses and freaking lies he came up with for money!! Tell him to stop smoking as they cost about 6 dinars or so then he could have Oreos better for him please don’t fall for his son stories!!!! Ughhhh you are doing good so stay strong and don’t give into his bullshit! If they can let on that they are in pain , had surgery but a miracle no scars nah this guy is a rat be careful. I guarantee all of us ladies have heard all this crap before! Makes me kinda sick to hear it again

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

& ANOTHER THING!
I ask him, why?
And did he really borrow money from friends???? If so good that’s what friends are for not long distance lovers:(

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I wondered that too.
What did y’all do before me.

Even if he went to a private GI Dr it would still be free?
I’m not doubting you but I swear if this surgery is free and this is just an attempt to (hopefully) get money from me, which he isn’t and I think he knows that and that’s why he is going to the extreme to say his dad needs surgery.
I wish I could just call the hospital or dr office.
I don’t want to see if he is lying because it doesn’t matter he isn’t getting my money but if I see this laid out right in front of me it would make separating from him so much easier.
Sure but we will never talk to the doctor we will never see the receipts and we will never know the truth after being taken I don’t believe a word that comes out of any one of them a mouth! Just me ! I sent enough over for surgeries pffffffff:Evil::Evil:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

& ANOTHER THING!
I ask him, why?
Hi Jennie as told before by the other ladies sure he will not have lots of money to spent but all is much cheaper there then in our countries. And yes it will be on your mind to try to help him but plse don't send money as this is their main goal to get money out of you because he knows you are sensitive about it. A genuine tunisian man does never ask money at a woman. He is maybe not asking directly but always hinting about his poor life. Think about it is this "love" worth all the stress it causes to you? How will it be in the future when you stay in this online relation?

Last edited:

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer

& ANOTHER THING!
I ask him, why?
Really...I mean really wtf!

This is pure rat talk, always pushing in conversation to a hand out. He's choosing cigarettes over Oreo's and thats an informed choice. We all go through family illness and trying times, ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM , you've not met him!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Hi Jennie as told before by the other ladies sure he will not have mots of money to spent but all is much cheaper there then in our countries. And yes it will be on your mind to try to help him but plse don't send money as this is their main goal to get money out of you because he knows you are sensitive about it. A genuine tunisian man does never ask money at a woman. He is maybe not asking directly but always hinting about his poor life. Think about it is this "love" worth all the stress it causes to you? How will it be in the future when you stay in this online relation?
Well according to my lying deceitful rat things were expensive over there! What a disadvantage we have not knowing the culture or language or anyone we can ask and they know this and use it against us

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Well according to my lying deceitful rat things were expensive over there! What a disadvantage we have not knowing the culture or language or anyone we can ask and they know this and use it against us
Indeed Sabrina my eyes where opened when I saw here a list in the past on what stuff cost in tunisia and it is much less as these rats let us believe. They play on our feelings and they know exactly what they are doing.

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
The second time I visited, less of a tourist experience I saw the real cost of living , i think a cappuccino and an espresso 2 dinar combined from the local coffee shop , pennies!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Indeed Sabrina my eyes where opened when I saw here a list in the past on what stuff cost in tunisia and it is much less as these rats let us believe. They play on our feelings and they know exactly what they are doing.
Oh hell yeah they do that’s why this has really hit a nerve with me I could always pick up on the hints from him leading up to asking for money just sickening these pieces of crap

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Hi Jennie as told before by the other ladies sure he will not have lots of money to spent but all is much cheaper there then in our countries. And yes it will be on your mind to try to help him but plse don't send money as this is their main goal to get money out of you because he knows you are sensitive about it. A genuine tunisian man does never ask money at a woman. He is maybe not asking directly but always hinting about his poor life. Think about it is this "love" worth all the stress it causes to you? How will it be in the future when you stay in this online relation?
A big waste of time and when you think about it you really want someone that can provide for you and your child last I checked we are the women here not the man of the house that’s supposed to take care of things....REAL JOKE THEY ARE why would we want someone we have to take care of and the freaking family too :eek:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Oh hell yeah they do that’s why this has really hit a nerve with me I could always pick up on the hints from him leading up to asking for money just sickening these pieces of crap
Yep me to he was always hinting and sometimes just asked money. As soon as you begin to see the tricks they use to manipulate you you are angry and anoied you fell for it. Oohh how I wanted to give him a piece of my mind when he tried to contact me the last days. I sat on my hands and just block and delete

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
A big waste of time and when you think about it you really want someone that can provide for you and your child last I checked we are the women here not the man of the house that’s supposed to take care of things....REAL JOKE THEY ARE why would we want someone we have to take care of and the freaking family too :eek:
He is an adult man he can take care of himself no woman should provide for him. He was fine before he will be fine after this

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yep me to he was always hinting and sometimes just asked money. As soon as you begin to see the tricks they use to manipulate you you are angry and anoied you fell for it. Oohh how I wanted to give him a piece of my mind when he tried to contact me the last days. I sat on my hands and just block and delete
I bet!!!! Probably did more damage to him that you ignored him, knowing them he would be trying to come back you know how much they love us and their life has been so bad since you left blah blah

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
Oreos do cost more than in say the US or Europe as I believe they are taxed more or something like this due to being imported HOWEVER nobody NEEDS Oreos lol
Can get an equivalent to Oreos just without the branding for a fraction of the price. Anyone who knows Tunisians will know that they eat biscuits on a daily basis it’s not considered a ‘luxury’ food item
Food in Tunisia is cheap and I’m talking the basics like fruit, veg and every day staples. Where as in the West the healthier food for you seems to cost more (I find this completely messed up)

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Oreos do cost more than in say the US or Europe as I believe they are taxed more or something like this due to being imported HOWEVER nobody NEEDS Oreos lol
Can get an equivalent to Oreos just without the branding for a fraction of the price. Anyone who knows Tunisians will know that they eat biscuits on a daily basis it’s not considered a ‘luxury’ food item
Food in Tunisia is cheap and I’m talking the basics like fruit, veg and every day staples. Where as in the West the healthier food for you seems to cost more (I find this completely messed up)
That's true ButterflyBee healthy food as fish and vegetables are more expensive here then in tunisia it's crazy and indeed who needs oreos you can live perfectly fine without it there are cheaper biscuits to eat

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
The poor love - rest assured his family will make sure he has food, they can eat well very cheaply.

As for taxis etc they use louge which is really really cheap maybe about 50pence or they share taxis.

Educating yourself on their culture is a must - I feel a new thread would be really beneficial to list costs of groceries and travel @Mica @ButterflyBee

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
The poor love - rest assured his family will make sure he has food, they can eat well very cheaply.

As for taxis etc they use louge which is really really cheap maybe about 50pence or they share taxis.

Educating yourself on their culture is a must - I feel a new thread would be really beneficial to list costs of groceries and travel @Mica @ButterflyBee

MH x
That will be very useful I know it was mentioned here somwhere in the past but an update would be very helpful for new members

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

MH x
Oooooh finding out the truth would probably really tick me off...would be good tho

Jennie

Senior Rat Expert
Omg this reminded me of something else.

once, he told me he was feeling down on himself because his eczema is flaring up on his face and scalp and the medicine & medicated shampoo was $350
Y’all......
I know y’all already know what I’m about to say.
I sent this man $350 for ECZEMA CREAM!!!!

I would love to see this list!!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

once, he told me he was feeling down on himself because his eczema is flaring up on his face and scalp and the medicine & medicated shampoo was $350
Y’all......

It would be great other members who are familiar with prices for medical and or other prices for food and so on where shared here as @MH suggested it would be a good thread. That's alot of money for eczema cream!! I think online you can find prices for medicine in tunisia. Maybe @riseandshinelad, @ButterflyBee, @Lass or @Mica can help here

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer

Y’all......

$350!? Means more than 900 dinar! For some cream!! He’s having a right laugh isn’t he. I can’t give you the exact price but will find out for you, but I can tell you for a fact it’s not 900 dinars hahaha I’m sorry but what on earth, did he fly over to the UK buy it and fly back again because he could have for that price!