Welcome to TLR

I hope I am wrong ...

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Haha yes exactly. I jumped up and down with joy in the supermarket when I moved to Tunisia as everything in the UK is much more expensive (I mean fruit and veg etc)
If you saw the amount of oranges I bought you’d think I was feeding a small village :p
Just a question but is fish expensive in tunisia? I like very much alll seafood yuum

Lass

Major Ratslayer
It would be great other members who are familiar with prices for medical and or other prices for food and so on where shared here as @MH suggested it would be a good thread. That's alot of money for eczema cream!! I think online you can find prices for medicine in tunisia. Maybe @riseandshinelad, @ButterflyBee, @Lass or @Mica can help here
That's a brilliant idea and I think it would be very helpful for all the members. Is anyone willing to create a post and then we can all chip in? If no volunteers then I will try to create it tomorrow x

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Love, it makes me so happy to hear about you and the girls being able to enjoy meals”.
What a hypocrite! On all his statements you listed, this one has to win the palm for mockery and manipulation.
Pretending he cares about your well-being and your children’s while his words are intended for you to feel sorry for himself who is dying from hunger pffft.. if he really cared about your kids, he wouldn’t ask money to their Mom, he wouldn’t attempt to take food out of their mouths. (Hope that makes sense in English. Sorry, this is not my first language and I hope you see what I mean) If he knew your family was starving, it wouldn’t matter to him. All he cares about is himself and the money he can get from you. The money is solely for himself and for his entertainment, and possibly for building his future (future you aren’t part of, of course) If you had nothing left to pay for your basics and for your bills after you gave him some, that would not be not his problem. Who cares that you’re left penniless? You live in a rich country where streets are paved of gold and where money falls off the trees, right?

Jennie, be certain that he and his family are not starving. If they really had no food, their relatives and neighbors would provide. They have big families and many extended relatives who won’t let them go hungry. Also, even though cigarettes can be a “need”, when you have no money for food, you’ll spend the little money on groceries before you buy more cigarettes.
I wouldn’t even be positive that the Dad had an operation even though you saw him wearing a gown when you called unexpectedly. They’re really good at faking and staging situations. Anyway, even if the dad really had an operation, this is their issue, not yours! How dare he’d take money from a woman, let alone a single mom!?
I’m glad you didn’t send him anything, Jennie. I hope you’ll stop believing him because he’s been playing you like a fiddle. He makes you believe you’re his girlfriend and the woman he loves, when he sees you only as another victim that he’d like to turn into a cash cow, or one of his. I’m so sorry if it hurts because you care about him. I’m so sick to see these men deceiving women who are in love with them and getting what they want from them (money, money, money.. when it’s not a visa for residency in their country)
Please, please, Jennie, do not fall in his trap. He’s no good and bad news. He’s a predator, an user and a taker. Protect yourself from future troubles. Trusting men like these is dangerous and will lead you to nowhere but troubles.

Last edited:

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
That's a brilliant idea and I think it would be very helpful for all the members. Is anyone willing to create a post and then we can all chip in? If no volunteers then I will try to create it tomorrow x
I’ve been busy tonight however the idea has been in the back of my mind on how to balance it out with average incomes and also if costs differ throughout the country (I haven’t travelled to smaller villagers etc so wouldn’t be able to give an accurate cost list if it is different to bigger cities). I’m happy to help chip in though. @riseandshinelad would you be willing to help? I think you’d really be able to as you know what it costs for a Tunisian in terms of medication, public transport etc

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
What a hypocrite! On all his statements you listed, this one has to win the palm for mockery and manipulation.
Pretending he cares about your well-being and your children’s, pffft.. if he really cared about your kids, he wouldn’t ask money to their Mom, he wouldn’t attempt to take food out of their mouths. (Hope that makes sense in English. Sorry, this is not my first language and I hope you see what I mean) If he knew your family was starving, it wouldn’t matter to him. All he cares about is himself and the money he can get from you. The money is solely for himself and for his entertainment, and possibly for building his future (future who are not part of in his mind) If you had nothing left to pay for your food and for your bills after you gave him some, that would not be not his problem. Who cares that you’re left penniless? You live in a rich country where streets are paved of gold and where money falls off the trees, right?

Jennie, be certain that he and his family are not starving. If they really had no food, their relatives and neighbors would provide. They have big families and many extended relatives who won’t let them go without food. Also, even though cigarettes can be a “need”, when you have no money for food, you’ll spend the little money on groceries before you buy more cigarettes.
I wouldn’t even be positive that the Dad had an operation even though you saw him wearing a gown when you called unexpectedly. They’re really good at faking and staging situations. Anyway, even if the dad really had an operation, this is their issue, not yours! How dare he’d take money from a woman, let alone a single mom!?
I’m glad you didn’t send him anything, Jennie. I hope you’ll stop believing him because he’s been playing you like a fiddle. He makes you believe you’re his girlfriend and the woman he loves, when he sees you only as another victim that he’d like to turn into a cash cow, or one of his. I’m so sorry if it hurts because you care about him. I’m so sick to see these men deceiving women who are in love with them and getting what they want from them (money, money, money.. when it’s not a visa for residency in their country)
Please, please, Jennie, do not fall in his trap. He’s no good and bad news. He’s a predator, an user and a taker. Protect yourself from future troubles. Trusting men like these is dangerous and will lead you to nowhere but troubles.
Very well said!!!!

riseandshinelad

Senior Rat Expert
I’ve been busy tonight however the idea has been in the back of my mind on how to balance it out with average incomes and also if costs differ throughout the country (I haven’t travelled to smaller villagers etc so wouldn’t be able to give an accurate cost list if it is different to bigger cities). I’m happy to help chip in though. @riseandshinelad would you be willing to help? I think you’d really be able to as you know what it costs for a Tunisian in terms of medication, public transport etc

Sure! I will be glad to help.

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
Hi Jennie as told before by the other ladies sure he will not have lots of money to spent but all is much cheaper there then in our countries. And yes it will be on your mind to try to help him but plse don't send money as this is their main goal to get money out of you because he knows you are sensitive about it. A genuine tunisian man does never ask money at a woman. He is maybe not asking directly but always hinting about his poor life. Think about it is this "love" worth all the stress it causes to you? How will it be in the future when you stay in this online relation?
Omg this reminded me of something else.

once, he told me he was feeling down on himself because his eczema is flaring up on his face and scalp and the medicine & medicated shampoo was $350
Y’all......
I know y’all already know what I’m about to say.
I sent this man $350 for ECZEMA CREAM!!!!

I would love to see this list!!
Tell him to use camel urine it cures every disease
Stupid crazy b*stard no one even in Europe could afford such a treatment except for VIPs. I hope he gets eczema on his tongue and fingers so he stops saying/typing such sh-ts

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Pretending he cares about your well-being and your children’s while his words are intended for you to feel sorry for himself who is dying from hunger pffft.. if he really cared about your kids, he wouldn’t ask money to their Mom, he wouldn’t attempt to take food out of their mouths. (Hope that makes sense in English. Sorry, this is not my first language and I hope you see what I mean) If he knew your family was starving, it wouldn’t matter to him. All he cares about is himself and the money he can get from you. The money is solely for himself and for his entertainment, and possibly for building his future (future you aren’t part of, of course) If you had nothing left to pay for your basics and for your bills after you gave him some, that would not be not his problem. Who cares that you’re left penniless? You live in a rich country where streets are paved of gold and where money falls off the trees, right?

Jennie, be certain that he and his family are not starving. If they really had no food, their relatives and neighbors would provide. They have big families and many extended relatives who won’t let them go hungry. Also, even though cigarettes can be a “need”, when you have no money for food, you’ll spend the little money on groceries before you buy more cigarettes.
Well said @SouthernGirl. He is a predator and he needs to be shown a red card and fast. They are greedy , narcissistic, shameless, disgusting leeches and Jennie really needs to take ten steps back and see him for what he is, a rat whos probably building a future that she will have no part in with her hard earned cash PAH

tutusandfrogs

Major Ratslayer
Jennie - A Tunisian man will not ask for money. Even if the wife works, he is still obligated to spend his earnings on his wife. She doesn't need to reciprocate. It's not just a matter of culture, but of law and I very specifically remember it from our marriage contract. My husband previously worked in another country and sent me money, from Tunisia he can't. He's in the process of trying to get another work contract (he's been invited to a 2nd interview) to another country so he can help me financially. Not that I need it, but because he needs it. Anyways. don't send money... you and your children need it more. xx

Jennie

Senior Rat Expert
Yesterday was hard. I cried a lot yesterday.
Today was better. My heart is harder today than it was yesterday that is for sure. Today my heart is like a shield. His words didn’t make my heart flutter. It’s the end of the day and I feel further away from him today than I did yesterday.
He definitely knows something is up though. My tone just isn’t the same, you can’t hear the smile in my voice anymore. Which is fine.
I declined 6 of his calls today and he said he was “soooo close” to having a heart attack because of that. I said well clearly you didn’t have a heart attack.
Then he got mad because he took those words and made them into me saying, hope he has a heart attack.

Jennie

Senior Rat Expert
Today was better. My heart is harder today than it was yesterday that is for sure. Today my heart is like a shield. His words didn’t make my heart flutter. It’s the end of the day and I feel further away from him today than I did yesterday.
He definitely knows something is up though.
I even got a video of him “sniffling” (crying). All I could do was just look at it and laugh in disbelief.
Are Tunisian men this emotional?
I don’t believe that his tears were real but here in the US it will be a cold day in hell before a man sends a picture or video of him crying to a female so I was wondering is this so typical for a Tunisian man that they see no problem sending pics of them crying?
personally, I think it’s odd but I don’t want to be offensive if men did this.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I even got a video of him “sniffling” (crying). All I could do was just look at it and laugh in disbelief.
I don’t believe that his tears were real but here in the US it will be a cold day in hell before a man sends a picture or video of him crying to a female so I was wondering is this so typical for a Tunisian man that they see no problem sending pics of them crying?
They are very good at acting yes mine “cried” it’s part of their sick game. His brother even cried with his am gf apologizing for beating the hell out of her and he would laugh at her when she cried come on wake up girl this is a game to them! Just like no food like father having surgery you’ll learn .. which maybe he did I can’t feel to sorry for any of them because of the tactics mine used for money after paying for a surgery for him we video chatted and he had a tube taped to his stomach such bullshit,so is this game getting hard for you? Time to let it go it’s not going to get any better!! Only harder for you to let go !no real man does this it’s just not normal think about it. But these guys are far from normal they play on feelings

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Unfortunately yes...the crying is a part of the illusion they create...its all an illusion Jennie...until the moment something or someone better comes along.....they will say and fake anything and everything...its not real...non of it...Im sorry...I know exactly how you are feeling....its a beautiful illusion until he has had enough of you and then he will ghost you. Im sorry but this is the reality ♡

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
He will more than likely now flip between anger & overt sadness when talking with you as his money source has stopped and he will sense you are withdrawing and his gravy train has crashed.
I predict a major accident or illness to be revealed to you within 2 weeks( won’t be real ) that he will be desperate you help him out with financially
During my own ‘withdrawal’ I got pictures of multiple medications he said was given to cope with my ending it.
So stay strong and stay here , it will be bit testing but all false scenarios designed to get your wallet back open and if you really need to give money away I’ll have it :).
I just had to decline all of the calls as he was non stop video calling NON STOP WhatsApp texts.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Dear Jennie,
This breaks my heart to know the sorrow and emotional pain you’re going through. I admire your strength. It takes a lot of willpower and self-control to ignore the calls of someone you have cared about and still care about because romantic feelings don’t go away in one day. Keep being strong and stronger as it will get probably harder before it gets easier and easier and until you start not caring about him at all anymore.
This is all an act. He doesn’t want to lose you and what you can provide to him. He doesn’t want to lose his meal ticket, his ATM machine and his way out of his country. Tunisian men are like men everywhere. Some are emotional, some are not but here you are not dealing with a good and honest Tunisian man. He’s a rat and the main emotion they know are anger, anger that will turn into verbal violence at the drop of a hat. He’s angry because you didn’t answer his calls and he doesn’t like to see that all the time he’s invested in you will result in nothing. Having a heart attack because you didn’t answer his calls? Talk about being fake and overdramatic. Seriously, who says that? Showing you a video where he’s sniffling and crying? If that is not manipulation, I don’t know what is. Who videotapes himself crying then shows the video to his “loved one”? even if it was not a rat, you would not want a man like this.
It’s all an act, it’s all calculated and staged. The intent is to make you feel sorry for him and give you a guilt trip and ultimately to make you go back to him (so he can continue using and fleecing you) That makes me roll my eyes because it’s disgusting. They really go to great lengths to deceive and trick women and even more so when their victims resist them.
They take the women they use for stupid idiots and the ones they can’t use, they see them as cunning and evil. That what they think of women. They despise and mock them. In their minds, there are roughly these 2 kinds : the mean and b....y ones that they can’t fool because they are the ones who use men and the other kind: the nice ones who are gullible and naive and who are only good tu use and take advantage of. He already succeeded in the past to manipulate you and he believes you’re an easy prey that he’ll be able to manipulate again and again. Like a typical rat, he is cocky and believes he has you wrapped around his finger. Keep proving him wrong, Jennie. He’ll keep contacting you but eventually he’ll give up. As you ignored his calls today, he must have already started his search for other victims if he doesn’t already have some.
Anyway, I’m afraid it won’t be easy to get rid of him as he’ll continue for a while calling you and harassing you, telling you he can’t live without you, that you broke him, that he can’t eat, sleep and all he thinks about is you. Sometimes, they threaten suicide, you may have read here. They’re so full of it. He may alternate between big declarations of love and insults, sometimes in the same day. Expect to be called names and cussed at. Please, don’t be scared of him, and don’t go back to him. The insults will hurt but remember he’s a nothing. He showed you what he is. You say you are from the States and I’m pretty sure you would have never accepted that an American man asked you for money. You would have seen him as a loser. Decent men in America don’t do that. Same for good men anywhere, and especially not Arab men. It’s a complete no no in their culture, more so than in any other culture, it’s viewed as a complete lack of respect to a woman. You still have children at home to feed and provide for. How dare he steal from you? From all you said when you described his behavior, the taking money is the one that I find the most alarming. It’s one of the biggest red flags and it’s a typical rat/con artist sign.
Thank you for the update and please stay with us. There are many savvy and strong women here who survived a rat and the aftermath of a relationship with a rat. They went through what you’re going through now, survived with dignity and are fitted to help other victims. They’ll help you and hold your hand during these hard times. They know what it feels and they can tell you what happened and how they overcame it and kept being strong. I wish you the best of luck. You’re on the right track and on your way to freedom. Back to a rat-free life. You’ve done the first step and it’s a hard one to take. I admire that. Sending you good vibes and hugs, Jennie.

Last edited:

Jennie

Senior Rat Expert
He will more than likely now flip between anger & overt sadness when talking with you as his money source has stopped and he will sense you are withdrawing and his gravy train has crashed.
I predict a major accident or illness to be revealed to you within 2 weeks( won’t be real ) that he will be desperate you help him out with financially
During my own ‘withdrawal’ I got pictures of multiple medications he said was given to cope with my ending it.
So stay strong and stay here , it will be bit testing but all false scenarios designed to get your wallet back open and if you really need to give money away I’ll have it :).
I just had to decline all of the calls as he was non stop video calling NON STOP WhatsApp texts.

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!
It’s like they go to rat school.
Those were his 2 moods tonight.
I predict an accident too because wednesday he told me how he was almost in a wreck. Now that I think about it......I think he wanted to see what my reaction was to it almost happening.
I had ZERO reaction.
I may have thrown an “OMG” in just for decoration but he didn’t get the reaction he wanted.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!
I predict an accident too because wednesday he told me how he was almost in a wreck. Now that I think about it......I think he wanted to see what my reaction was to it almost happening.
I had ZERO reaction.
I may have thrown an “OMG” in just for decoration but he didn’t get the reaction he wanted.
Good for you. It was likely BS. Incredible that Tigerpants had predicted he’d come up with an accident story and that a few days ago, sure enough, he said that he almost got in a wreck!! Always the same stories.. He wanted to make you feel sorry. So he avoided a wreck Wednesday. Next time, he’ll be bed-ridden after surviving a huge car crash where he almost died -or a crazy story of that kind-. They never cease to amaze me by how predictable they are. It’s always the same tricks and methods and words. I liked it when you said it’s like they go to Rat school. You’re right! And they learn all the ropes in the Rat Bible. I loved also the “OMG for decoration.” Lol! Good for you. Way to go, Jennie! He needs to learn!

Last edited:

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!
I had ZERO reaction.
Lol they DO go to rat school.
When I look back at my very first texts they were definitely written by a person who writes English better than him ( my ex). Then as the relationship developed it became more french/english and then ultimately slang Tunisian as I got a bit of a handle on that quickly
7obi and all that....BS cleary from him.

Get ready, there will at best be a 'severe illness' :rolleyes: making him bedridden or at worst a fake medical emergency :eek:where scrubs and what looks like hospital is sent as a photo. He will probably be too poorly to talk without shortness of breath but able to photo document his life-death experience.

Jennie I suspect you're on the right road now :cool:

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I’m good.
I think he decided to “ghost” me not knowing that was my plan as well so he held strong for 2 days and didn’t text or call (nor did I to him) now he’s confused and blowing my phone up this morning
Hmmmm mine never ghosted me yours could’ve been in the hosp from that accident you all were discussing:whistle:you know they can’t have phones in the hosp??... or so I’ve been told from mine ..fake surg..fake ghosting anyway hope you are well and stay strong