Welcome to TLR

I need help!

L

Laura2014

Katelynn hasn't logged on since this last post :(
I fear fear managed to talk her round in the imminent phone call :(
I’ve been wondering about her too. It must have been difficult to read a lot of the responses. She came with some doubts about a man she was due to marry and had a lot of responses, 65 roughly. A lot to take in and would have exaggerated the doubts she already had. I hope she comes back.

M

Mango Chutney

I hope Katelynn comes back too, but for her to trust us enough to return here, it's crucial we we are honest, that we point out red flags, that we don't pretty up that without doubt, both he and his mother are in on this scam together.
There is no point in Katelynn coming here asking if she's right to have doubts, if we are gonna go softly softly, rather than saying what we see....that this whole mess screams bezness.
Being abrupt now could be her saving grace.....it could prevent more severe emotional and financial damage if she decides not to meet him, paying out travel expenses and possibly the wedding and visa costs.
These creatures damage our health and our finances.
In these instances, the victim usually still goes anyway (like ShelleyCherif)....but at least they go armed with knowledge.

B

Brasilgirl

I hope she does too.
Seeing the light is like staring into the sun. You know what’s it’s doing, but it’s hard to see when you’re looking directly at it.
I hope she takes the time to let it all sink in.
Either way, we’ll be here for her.

Amira

Major Ratslayer
Katelyn I hope you have not fallen in his trap Why should you marry an unknown man that you have only known through a dating page. You have also known for a short time to marry him. Tunisia is not a dream country, they have many laws that you do not know. If you are going to live with him then he will decide everything over you. Maybe even your finances. When something seems too good to be true, it's usually that

A

AmberHeart

You put your life at risk by seeing a man you've never met face to face if you're going to travel make sure to take a hotel so you have someone asking if something should happen
Always near airport, in case you need to leave fast you don’t find problems doing it. There are stories here of women who been kept like kidnapped and couldn’t find a way out nor a taxi...

D

Deleted member 146

Hi @Katelynn Smith :) I see you visited our forum yesterday. I'll give it a last shot ;)

Tunisian men have been known to target western women in online chat rooms, Facebook, etc. that often turn romantic and result in an invitation to travel to Tunisia. Once in Tunisia, a common scenario involves the man and his family pressuring the woman into marriage. His goal is to then have the woman submit a petition for his immigrant visa. Western women are urged to maintain caution if traveling to Tunisia to meet someone met online

A

AmberHeart

Thank you for the reply. He has appeared very strict that he cannot be with a woman until marriage. He told me that we could not even hug until we are married. His mother only speaks Arabic but she has tried her best with English. The last time we spoke about 10 days ago with his mother she was crying tears of joy as she was happy her son found someone that made him happy and loved him.
My ex rats mom spoke to me two days before he posted he was engaged with a foreign girl, we had an argument cause I suggested to postpone our wedding and do it in my country since paperwork is easier ( tho reality was his ex girlfriend warned me he was still trying to convince her to go back to him, she showed me everything and broke my heart) they ask for all documents to be translated to French and notarized, so I suggested why don’t we have only the “religious ceremony” as a promise or formality for the legal wedding...he turned worse than ever of anger, we didn’t spoke about a week then his mother wanted to video chat with me, he was present and she cried too sayin oh I was waiting for you (summer) to come to Marry (rats name) we laughed and I told her the reasons yes I have my ticket and the plan isn’t over just to accomplish all your government requirements is very complicated to me (excuse to make a little more time and not marrying right away, had to make thing clear with him about all his lies and the ex) Four days later he had out of nowhere a Foreign girl as a fiancé. He told me later he met her days after he met me (a year and two months of relationship) and his mother was there playing this role, knowing he was promising both marriage, crying, saying oh you’re so beautiful and I love you. BS.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Laura2014

My ex rats mom spoke to me two days before he posted he was engaged with a Swedish girl, we had an argument cause I suggested to postpone our wedding and do it in my country since paperwork is easier ( tho reality was his ex girlfriend an American girl warned me he was still trying to convince her to go back to him, she showed me everything and broke my heart) they ask for all documents to be translated to French and notarized, so I suggested why don’t we have only the “religious ceremony” as a promise or formality for the legal weddin... he turned worse than ever of anger, we didn’t spoke about a week then his mother wanted to video chat with me, he was present and she cried too sayin oh I was waiting for you (August 16th) to come to Marry (rats name) we laughed and I told her the reasons yes I have my ticket and the plan isn’t over just to accomplish all your government requirements is very complicated to me (excuse to make a little more time and not marrying right away, had to make thing clear with him about all his lies and the ex) Four days later he had out of nowhere a Swedish girl as a fiancé. He told me later he met her days after he met me (a year and two months of relationship) and his mother was there playing this role, knowing he was promising both marriage, crying, saying oh you’re so beautiful and I love you. BS.
Horrible experience. It’s very hard to convey to people the lengths they will go to without any hint of remorse or guilt. That says everything that his mother was still talking to you knowing he was engaged to someone else. They are all in-on the scam.

Liona

Major Ratslayer
My ex rats mom spoke to me two days before he posted he was engaged with a Swedish girl, we had an argument cause I suggested to postpone our wedding and do it in my country since paperwork is easier ( tho reality was his ex girlfriend an American girl warned me he was still trying to convince her to go back to him, she showed me everything and broke my heart) they ask for all documents to be translated to French and notarized, so I suggested why don’t we have only the “religious ceremony” as a promise or formality for the legal weddin... he turned worse than ever of anger, we didn’t spoke about a week then his mother wanted to video chat with me, he was present and she cried too sayin oh I was waiting for you (August 16th) to come to Marry (rats name) we laughed and I told her the reasons yes I have my ticket and the plan isn’t over just to accomplish all your government requirements is very complicated to me (excuse to make a little more time and not marrying right away, had to make thing clear with him about all his lies and the ex) Four days later he had out of nowhere a Swedish girl as a fiancé. He told me later he met her days after he met me (a year and two months of relationship) and his mother was there playing this role, knowing he was promising both marriage, crying, saying oh you’re so beautiful and I love you. BS.
What a fucker your ex rat is.. Sounds like my ex rat. Did I got right he has married that Swedish girl?

A

AmberHeart

Horrible experience. It’s very hard to convey to people the lengths they will go to without any hint of remorse or guilt. That says everything that his mother was still talking to you knowing he was engaged to someone else. They are all in-on the scam.
He was engaged with two ladies at same time, me and her.... what kind of morals? And they judge western women but are unable to look at themselves. Oh I forgot they are favorite under Allahs eyes and they are almost perfect and everything is forgiven to them....

A

AmberHeart

What a fucker your ex rat is.. Sounds like my ex rat. Did I got right he has married that Swedish girl?
Ohhh girl!!! Noooo he contact me few days later, he said he was single again cause the girls mom wanted him to convert to other religion lol and he asked me again to marry him, he has that size of guts!!!! I have no idea why the hell he believes I would go back to him after all lies, after blackmailing me, and insulting... what makes him so special that I need him to breath.

A

AmberHeart

Of course his mother knew everything. Hypocritical dumb creature. These rats families' members often make me more angry than rats.
Yes, they are the ones enabling them and making victims trust, if there is a feeling of hold on don’t rush they play the role to make the victim trust. And they make this problem a perpetual mode, a lifestyle... easy as that. No shame at all. Entitled freaks.

Liona

Major Ratslayer
Noooo he contact me few days later maybe 12, he said he was single again
and he asked me again to marry him
:D:D:DWhat an idiot! After all he has done he has been thinking you will take him back.:D:D
the girls mom wanted him to convert to Catholics lol
I love that mom!:thumbsup::):):)
to set the business toghether (the original plan) he has that size of guts!!!!
Yeah, :D:D:D Fecking people indeed..

L

Laura2014

Yessss!!! Cheers to her!! No one deserves to be used and abused.
So @AmberHeart just reminding myself and hopefully to help another member who I hope will read here and may be in a similar situation.

You had not actually met him, all conducted on line. You were due to visit and marry, you bought the rings, but luckily someone told you before you left that he had been doing/ saying the same to other women. Then he anounced his engagement to someone else a few days later. His family were in on the scam. You thankfully didn’t go there.

A

AmberHeart

So @AmberHeart just reminding myself and hopefully to help another member who I hope will read here and may be in a similar situation.

You had not actually met him, all conducted on line. You were due to visit and marry, you bought the rings, but luckily someone told you before you left that he had been doing/ saying the same to other women. Then he anounced his engagement to someone else a few days later. His family were in on the scam. You thankfully didn’t go there.
Yes, online “sand castles” he keep sending e mails through dif accounts asking me favors.

A

AmberHeart

You had not actually met him, all conducted on line. You were due to visit and marry,
Indeed the three of us, the ex girlfriend , new girl and me were all fished online. None of us actually met him in person. He wanted to rush things that much that he didn’t even gave the chance to make it happen. If he had stayed loyal to any of us instead of searching for more women and blaming us for jealousy he would have accomplished his goal.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Indeed the three of us, the ex girlfriend from USA, Swedish girl and me were all fished online. None of us actually met him in person. He wanted to rush things that much that he didn’t even gave the chance to make it happen. If he had stayed loyal to any of us instead of searching for more women and blaming us for jealousy he would have accomplished his goal.
yes, same here the ex girlfriend that was much older than him disabled in a wheelchair who he got money from and I think still does, he is still using her to get at me of course any attention at all from anyone would make her do whatever but you see how low he could go. This ex hates me so much that she left me a message that karma is a bitch of course I told him about that and he told me had nothing to do with it hell yes he did. See the ex cannot leave to meet him but still does not stop him from using her for anything she has got and she quite willing to do it too! Yes if he had stayed loyal and not go back and forth between these women he would have been able to scam one of us successfully.The rat is still legally married to me I don't know how he will pull this one off, even though he goes around saying he is divorced the truth is he is not, believe me I wish I could go back in time and never had married this parasite. It is just a matter of time before he hurts this woman again which could be any day now depending on how he feels, glad it won't be me anymore. He also has a morbidly obese woman from the USA on tagged.com. He picks the vulnerable ones it's really sad how the tunisian rats prey on the helpless.

Last edited:

Derbygirl

Inactive
Yes, they are the ones enabling them and making victims trust, if there is a feeling of hold on don’t rush they play the role to make the victim trust. And they make this problem a perpetual mode, a lifestyle... easy as that. No shame at all. Entitled freaks.
‘Entitled Freaks’....I like it....Sounds like a good song/title name....And the group is ‘The Narcissistic Psychopaths’!! Top of the charts for evil, criminal behaviour....It’s a Tunisian group, you know!! I think I’ll stick to something more classical, easier on the ear and the heart....

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
‘Entitled Freaks’....I like it....Sounds like a good song/title name....And the group is ‘The Narcissistic Psychopaths’!! Top of the charts for evil, criminal behaviour....It’s a Tunisian group, you know!! I think I’ll stick to something more classical, easier on the ear and the heart....
The Narcissistic Psychopaths is a good one haha