Welcome to TLR

Inspirational Quotes

• Thread starter Deleted member 29280
  • Start date

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Its been a really really emotional two weeks both professionally ( being a victim of cyber crime) and personally health related.

I spoke to a girlfriend today ( as we do often or sporadically) and told her of a big MAJOR issue I have coming up this week.

She said to me, I'm coming to get you ( from South Midlands to Lancashire ) and we're gonna look after you until you heal.

Which would actually mean through Christmas and possibly New Year :eek:

So I said to her "are you serious and are you sure" as I feel like i'm encroaching on her and the family.

She said...verbatum....."You are my sister and this is me following my Sikh values, I love you".

My quote not hers

'It is the duty of every Sikh to practice Naam Simran (meditation on God’s name) daily and engage in Seva (selfless service) whenever there is a possibility'

P.S I am not Sikh

Wow wow, for me, I am always dropping in here but often it makes me feel sad to the core, slightly depressed, angry, sometimes seething. this restores my faith in humanity.
How dare these rats treat us 50% less than my friend would treat me and I in turn would treat mine?

I'm having a Silent Night, Rat free night this Christmas and am gonna raise a glass to us cool survivors x

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Its been a really really emotional two weeks both professionally ( being a victim of cyber crime) and personally health related.

I spoke to a girlfriend today ( as we do often or sporadically) and told her of a big MAJOR issue I have coming up this week.

She said to me, I'm coming to get you ( from South Midlands to Lancashire ) and we're gonna look after you until you heal.

So I said to her "are you serious and are you sure" as I feel like i'm encroaching on her and the family.

She said...verbatum....."You are my sister and this is me following my Sikh values, I love you".

My quote not hers

'It is the duty of every Sikh to practice Naam Simran (meditation on God’s name) daily and engage in Seva (selfless service) whenever there is a possibility'

P.S I am not Sikh

Wow wow, for me, I am always dropping in here but often it makes me feel sad to the core, slightly depressed, angry, sometimes seething. this restores my faith in humanity.
How dare these rats treat us 50% less than my friend would treat me and I in turn would treat mine?

I'm having a Silent Night, Rat free night this Christmas and am gonna raise a glass to us cool survivors x
There is goodness and compassion in this world and it’s good to be reminded of that when we feel at the end of our rope. You’ve got here a good friend and it’s a precious gift. She wants to come see you and keep you company and cheer you up because she loves you. She knows you’d do the same for her but she does it without expecting anything in return. She just cares about you. Enjoy your time with her. I hope you’ll feel better emotionally and physically soon and the issue of next week will be sorted out and I bet the visit from your friend will do wonders and you’ll get strength from and see everything clearer. Thank you for sharing with us what you’ve been going through. Many hugs, dear Tigerpants. xoxo

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

My quote not hers

P.S I am not Sikh

Hi Tigerpants what a nice friend you have it does indeed restore your faith in humanity. Let her take care of you and enjoy every minute of it I hope you recover soon and start fresh after it. Some days at the forum here are sad yes but it warms my heart to see there are other women caring for eachother here as life outside in the world is harsh. Take care of yourself Tigerpants you are one brave lady xxx

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

My quote not hers

P.S I am not Sikh

That’s great you have friend like that! Hard to find people with selfless intentions .. how Godly!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member

My quote not hers

P.S I am not Sikh

Hey my little Tiger

What an amazing friend you have and it speaks volumes for the person you are - don't feel like you are encroaching on her, she offered because she wants to :love:

Take comfort that you have amazing friends, the rats on the other hand never feel real friendship, would sell their own grandma and will always be searching for more and will never ever be happy or content - let them stew in their own pot!

Please know we are all thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Love from your Tunisian Hen MH xxx

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
That’s great you have friend like that! Hard to find people with selfless intentions .. how Godly!
I know, I kind of felt touched, like it was a life lesson.

We met over a crowded restaurant in India,I had a really big Lobster lolol (I'm greedy) , she came over to say wow and ask was it tasty as she'd never tried it, I said, come and join us for a glass of Rosé and 13 years on we are like sisters.Her hubby taught me how to make the meanest curry lolol.

You gotta believe there is goodness out there, especially with 2020, Covid etc x

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Hey my little Tiger

What an amazing friend you have and it speaks volumes for the person you are - don't feel like you are encroaching on her, she offered because she wants to :love:

Take comfort that you have amazing friends, the rats on the other hand never feel real friendship, would sell their own grandma and will always be searching for more and will never ever be happy or content - let them stew in their own pot!

Please know we are all thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Love from your Tunisian Hen MH xxx
My Tunisian MH ( I will never ever LIVE THIS DOWN) :D x

So hot off the press, my op got cancelled at 12.15 today (couldn't confirm but sounds suspiciously that my Surgeon is either isolating or confirmed Covid) and a replacement is non negotiable.
Tigerpants thanks you and all of our ladies for their well wishes from my heart .

So......as i'm not being pre op starved, what's happening?

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

We met over a crowded restaurant in India,I had a really big Lobster lolol (I'm greedy) , she came over to say wow and ask was it tasty as she'd never tried it, I said, come and join us for a glass of Rosé and 13 years on we are like sisters.Her hubby taught me how to make the meanest curry lolol.

You gotta believe there is goodness out there, especially with 2020, Covid etc x
WOW what a story, a friendship meant to be that’s awesome! I know you will be well taken care of and I’m sure she is happy to do so! Yes there is good! Sounds like you are both blessed:)

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

So hot off the press, my op got cancelled at 12.15 today (couldn't confirm but sounds suspiciously that my Surgeon is either isolating or confirmed Covid) and a replacement is non negotiable.
Tigerpants thanks you and all of our ladies for their well wishes from my heart .

Meant to be now go eat!

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer

Inviting a perfect stranger to your table in a restaurant. That shows what kind of person you are. People must love you immediately when they meet you, they feel you’re genuine and sincere. ❤️

MH007

Administrator
Staff member

Better to be cancelled and kept safe but it must be frustrating for you.

Nope you are NEVER living it down :D but good to see you are taking it on the chin lol.

MH aka Tunisian Hen x

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer

You met her in India, so does she now live in England?

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Inviting a perfect stranger to your table in a restaurant. That shows what kind of person you are. People must love you immediately when they meet you, they feel you’re genuine and sincere. ❤️
To be fair, she did kind of invite herself but all ended extremely well, it was an instant kind of bonding, the following night we went to a BBQ in their hotel with them as their guests.

Really soon after, I went to their 21st wedding anniversary party in their home town in full sari , what an event , wish I could post the pics. Us and 500 Sikh's x