Welcome to TLR

Is anyone from/ familiar with Sfax?

Alibaba

Junior Rat Expert
Hello, I hope someone might be able to help. My friend is flying to meet her rat for the first time. She gave me his address, but I wonder if it is real. I cannot find it on googlemaps. It is on Route Menzel Chaker, I can give you the specific address he gave.

She is completely lost in the fantasy. She plans to marry him on this trip and even bought a wedding dress!!!

Thank you for any help!

Yvonne

Staff member
Hello, I hope someone might be able to help. My friend is flying to meet her rat for the first time. She gave me his address, but I wonder if it is real. I cannot find it on googlemaps. It is on Route Menzel Chaker, I can give you the specific address he gave.

She is completely lost in the fantasy. She plans to marry him on this trip and even bought a wedding dress!!!

Thank you for any help!
Welcome here @Alibaba
Unfortunately many women believe everything these men are saying. Marrying him on their first time meeting screams rat to me. Sad to say if she goes though with the marriage she will regret it after. Hopefully she will be able to be convinced otherwise before
There will be members here who know more about the route you are describing near Sfax
Have you searched the forum if her tunisian man is mentioned here at the forum or did you search the media section here?

Yvonne xxx

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Welcome here @Alibaba
Unfortunately many women believe everything these men are saying. Marrying him on their first time meeting screams rat to me. Sad to say if she goes though with the marriage she will regret it after. Hopefully she will be able to be convinced otherwise before
There will be members here who know more about the route you are describing near Sfax
Have you searched the forum if her tunisian man is mentioned here at the forum or did you search the media section here?

Yvonne xxx
Where my rat lived he had no street address which was very strange to me when sending something I just had to send to post offc of course it was the same place as hers . The first time meeting and getting married???? Let me guess he talked her into it, is she the same age as him? They meet on line? Sounds like every other story here I’m sure he is using here to get the heck out of Tunisia WOW these rats lie on the Holy holiday lol

Jane

Major Ratslayer

Thank you for any help!
Can you give his name or at least initials so we can flush him out of here , and if not, put a new one on the list ?

Alibaba

Junior Rat Expert
Thank you for responding!

The rat's name, or the name he is using, is Melek Khilf. I have looked through the pictures and haven't found any that match the ones she has shown me.
She is 52 and he is 12 years younger (he says, who knows what his exact age is)

She knows he lied about a lot of things in the beginning of their online "relationship" but she forgives him. I don't trust a word he has said to her, of course. She is totally brainwashed. She thinks his family is excited to meet her and welcome her and she is bringing them so many gifts. Of course I know they are in on the whole scam. It makes me sick to think about it.

Yvonne

Staff member

The rat's name, or the name he is using, is Melek Khilf. I have looked through the pictures and haven't found any that match the ones she has shown me.

She knows he lied about a lot of things in the beginning of their online "relationship" but she forgives him. I don't trust a word he has said to her, of course. She is totally brainwashed. She thinks his family is excited to meet her and welcome her and she is bringing them so many gifts. Of course I know they are in on the whole scam. It makes me sick to think about it.
Lying to her about stuff is a red flag, the age difference is a red flag, meeting on-line is red flag. Getting married is a red flag. At this point there is not much you can do because she is totally besotted with him. They are very good manipulators and letting the woman believe that he is a genuine man.
It's a scam. Bezness practiced by a lot of North African men.

I am sorry she fell for him all you can do is be there for her. Try to hint to her she can read here about multicultural relationships
Yvonne xxx

Alibaba

Junior Rat Expert
She says she knows about this site but he is different! This is the greatest love story ever told! She knows what I think but I can't push her or she will shut me out. So I will just be here for her and hopefully she comes to her senses before things progress any further. I know it is a total scam and his family is in on it. Everything about it is in line with everything I have read on this site.

Thanks for the support.

Ali

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
I deeply regret covid restrictions. Now everyone is free to travel again and women cannot be protected from these professional lying POS.
I feel sorry for your friend she is at the beginning of a very long nightmare if she marries him, she will have to ‘import’ him to her country and he will be a burden, financially, emotionally and mentally for the rest of her life.
Obviously everyone is so excited to meet her that’s why she shouldn’t bring any gifts, since they are so eager to see HER she should be the one gifted instead, she is making an effort to visit them, she should be their honourable guest.
Let’s pray at least she won’t marry him.

Yvonne

Staff member
She says she knows about this site but he is different! This is the greatest love story ever told! She knows what I think but I can't push her or she will shut me out. So I will just be here for her and hopefully she comes to her senses before things progress any further. I know it is a total scam and his family is in on it. Everything about it is in line with everything I have read on this site.

Thanks for the support.

Ali
We all thought our habibi was different untill he showed his true face. I hope she is safe and well.
He is 40 so my guess is he was married before. Have you any information about that?
Yvonne xxx

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

Thanks for the support.

Ali
Hi @Alibaba welcome to the forum. Reading your posts and it all sounds so familiar to us. She is older, met online, he probably convinced her to marry him on their first meeting due to his religion. He is not a spring chicken so I guess he was married before or still living at home and didn't have enough money to marry a tunisian virgin
If she goes their bringing gifts, taking her wedding gown with her him and his family will be so happy they found themselves a foreign woman to set him up in a fake marriage.
I don't know where she will stay but if the family allow her to stay in the family home then they are a rat family who know what their son is doing.
She is a brave woman to go alone to a country where she will be left at the mercy of people whom she never met, trusting a man she only knows online. Of course she is in love these tunisian love rats create a imaginary life in her head.
They are pretty good in creating a dream life pretending he is the love of her life.
I don't recognize his name and it's seems he isn't mentioned here in the past. Do you have a foto of this rat? Or a link to his Facebook account or any other social media he is on.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

He lied then and believe me it doesn’t stop there! Everything he says (or they say) is a lie! She will wake up one day broke and alone to find it was all a game to him

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer

Thank you for any help!
Hi Alibaba, first of all you already called him a Rat, maybe you have read the Red flags here,
Secondly they never give you their real address even if she goes to his house he will not give her his address, thirdly Sfax is in the south (I believe) that part of Tunisia is very traditional, welcome to the forum and keep reading, your friend will need a lot of luck .

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Alibaba welcome to the forum. Reading your posts and it all sounds so familiar to us. She is older, met online, he probably convinced her to marry him on their first meeting due to his religion. He is not a spring chicken so I guess he was married before or still living at home and didn't have enough money to marry a tunisian virgin
If she goes their bringing gifts, taking her wedding gown with her him and his family will be so happy they found themselves a foreign woman to set him up in a fake marriage.
I don't know where she will stay but if the family allow her to stay in the family home then they are a rat family who know what their son is doing.
She is a brave woman to go alone to a country where she will be left at the mercy of people whom she never met, trusting a man she only knows online. Of course she is in love these tunisian love rats create a imaginary life in her head.
They are pretty good in creating a dream life pretending he is the love of her life.
I don't recognize his name and it's seems he isn't mentioned here in the past. Do you have a foto of this rat? Or a link to his Facebook account or any other social media he is on.
Indeed Butterflies a photo will help to be recognised, she doesn’t have to use the gallery… yet

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
@Alibaba please tell your friend that this all what she is doing is actually hurting her in the future. Bringing gifts to a make fiancé is not our culture, it’s unheard of…. They should be waiting for her the fiancé with gifts… we do this to show the woman and her family that the man is worth her love. They should have jewelry ready, dinner, we give gold watch, necklaces, 7 gold bangles… this is our tradition, not her bring gifts. They will laugh at her for her actions, nobody will ever respect her, she is cheap … in their eyes she paid her way and other women will laugh at her that she is worthless fool. Also she shouldn’t be bringing a wedding dress, he should take her to the shop for a gold contract signing dress, a traditional dress for accepting money at her night, a evening dress (2 piece) for her husbands night, a white dress for final night. He should bring her to find chairs for outside night, secure band for all nights, get sweets, drinks, tea, cake….. so much! She should accept less because Tunisian or Arab woman wouldn’t accept less. Sorry if my words are harsh towards her, but it’s true. What these women say it’s absolutely true, so many red flags… quick marriage, older by many years ( out of child bearing years)… he wants children no matter what they say….bringing gifts… it’s all just strange. Tell her please believe you that her relationship is not a fairytale and it’s not real.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
@Alibaba please tell your friend that this all what she is doing is actually hurting her in the future. Bringing gifts to a make fiancé is not our culture, it’s unheard of…. They should be waiting for her the fiancé with gifts… we do this to show the woman and her family that the man is worth her love. They should have jewelry ready, dinner, we give gold watch, necklaces, 7 gold bangles… this is our tradition, not her bring gifts. They will laugh at her for her actions, nobody will ever respect her, she is cheap … in their eyes she paid her way and other women will laugh at her that she is worthless fool. Also she shouldn’t be bringing a wedding dress, he should take her to the shop for a gold contract signing dress, a traditional dress for accepting money at her night, a evening dress (2 piece) for her husbands night, a white dress for final night. He should bring her to find chairs for outside night, secure band for all nights, get sweets, drinks, tea, cake….. so much! She should accept less because Tunisian or Arab woman wouldn’t accept less. Sorry if my words are harsh towards her, but it’s true. What these women say it’s absolutely true, so many red flags… quick marriage, older by many years ( out of child bearing years)… he wants children no matter what they say….bringing gifts… it’s all just strange. Tell her please believe you that her relationship is not a fairytale and it’s not real.
I hope Alibaba takes this useful information on board, straight to the point by Aisha1 always here to give the inside information, this is the way it is!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

Why all the gifts???? Payment for their son? Guess they thought I was rude as hell.. No gifts for me no gifts for you;)

Alibaba

Junior Rat Expert
Thank you all for your replies.

Believe me, I have read a lot here, including Aisha 1's posts, so I know what she is doing is crazy and not culturally correct. She thinks he is "different" and more open minded and "Western" in his thinking, even though she knows he prays 5 times a day. She is such a kind and loving person, and is so excited to bring them gifts but I know this is foolish. I asked about the wedding and she said it will probably be just at the courthouse, not an actual wedding. She has no idea what she is getting into.

Supposedly he was married to a French woman and has a child in France. But at first he told her that he was French and living in Canada. Now he tells her that his mother lives in France but is visiting for Ramadan. None of the stories make sense!

There are so many MORE red flags I am not even mentioning! It is insane but she won't listen. I just hope that she comes to her senses and listens to her gut. She plans to marry him in 2 weeks, after she gets some paperwork from the embassy. I am just hoping that by then she will come to her senses and realize that something isn't right, at least enough to not get married.

Thank you all and I will put a picture here when she sends one. Her plane should be landing in Tunis right now!!

Ali

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Thank you all for your replies.

Believe me, I have read a lot here, including Aisha 1's posts, so I know what she is doing is crazy and not culturally correct. She thinks he is "different" and more open minded and "Western" in his thinking, even though she knows he prays 5 times a day. She is such a kind and loving person, and is so excited to bring them gifts but I know this is foolish. I asked about the wedding and she said it will probably be just at the courthouse, not an actual wedding. She has no idea what she is getting into.

Supposedly he was married to a French woman and has a child in France. But at first he told her that he was French and living in Canada. Now he tells her that his mother lives in France but is visiting for Ramadan. None of the stories make sense!

There are so many MORE red flags I am not even mentioning! It is insane but she won't listen. I just hope that she comes to her senses and listens to her gut. She plans to marry him in 2 weeks, after she gets some paperwork from the embassy. I am just hoping that by then she will come to her senses and realize that something isn't right, at least enough to not get married.

Thank you all and I will put a picture here when she sends one. Her plane should be landing in Tunis right now!!

Ali
Omg this is going super fast!!!
Was he kicked out of France?
He wants now to return to Europe?
Maybe his ex was French- Tunisian…
This is good forum to get many of your answers as well.

Alibaba

Junior Rat Expert
My friend lives in the United States.

I don't know what the true story is with France. Everything he says doesn't make sense and my friend will always say, "It's complicated."

He lies about everything so I don't trust any of his stories and my friend believes everything he says so she can believe it when he tells her how much he loves her.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
My friend lives in the United States.

I don't know what the true story is with France. Everything he says doesn't make sense and my friend will always say, "It's complicated."

He lies about everything so I don't trust any of his stories and my friend believes everything he says so she can believe it when he tells her how much he loves her.
He uses the same “words” we heard before, “different “ open minded western” “complicated”
If your friend is determined to marry this guy then that’s what’s going to happen.
Very sad to learn she’s being scammed!

Is she going thru a “vulnerable situation “ in her life?
Has she had a bad set back lately.
If so she’s looking for comfort and he is using this .
He’s using the “right words” , something she wants to hear.

Lass

Major Ratslayer

Hi @Alibaba welcome to the forum. I think the surname should be Khlif not Khilf like you spelled. I had a quick look and I seen one fb account with this name and it says he does live in Sfax so it must be his one. Hope your friend will join us here and I hope even more that she is not going to marry him during this visit! Sending hugs xx

Alibaba

Junior Rat Expert
Yes, it is Khlif, not Khilf.

Of course his facebook(s) do not have any friends or activity.

I know this one is his

There is a link to a polyamory website because my friend is poly and also he says that he is bisexual. (She is very open sexually)

He tells her everything she wants to hear

I hope that he is terrible in bed and smells bad and maybe she will reconsider.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer

I know this one is his

There is a link to a polyamory website because my friend is poly and also he says that he is bisexual. (She is very open sexually)

So let me see if I understand this correctly….
Is this “on line relationship “ purely sexual?
She’s marrying this guy for the sex? Lol

Lass

Major Ratslayer

I know this one is his

Oh well that would be another one then. All look super secret...

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

I know this one is his

This Facebook is not his real Facebook it's created with another nameScreenshot_20220502_192720.jpg

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

I know this one is his

Rats are notorious to be bad in bed so let's hope he fails miserably on that department :sneaky:
Rats are everywhere so it doesn't surprise me he fished her at that website but as anything else it is all a big fat lie he is polyamouras, there is no way his family will allow he marry a woman who openly express her sex life. It's not judgemental but it's not acceptable in his culture and certainly not in tunisia