Welcome to TLR

Is he genuine?

PaWaa

Rat Expert
I’m sorry but I don’t really understand what your point is. It may be because your last sentence was not completed. If you read a bit in this forum, if you know how rats operate, you know that when a man friended a woman online and that after a few conversations, he mentions a sick parent and hints that the family doesn’t have the funds to pay for the treatment, chance is he is being deceitful and he is waiting for the woman to offer to send money.

I find it bizarre advising women to sympathize with the man from all their heart! Or to tell him that she’ll pray for the relative. Doing that gives the message to the rat -because it’s a typical rat trick- that she is gullible and will be easy to manipulate. I’d rather tell the ladies : Beware, Red Flag!

A man who is not a rat may mention in a conversation that he has a sick relative but he won’t talk about the difficulty his family is having to pay for the bills.
Again, I apologize if I misunderstood what you were saying but I was somehow confused when I read your last two posts.
I absolutely agree!!! and what i meant that a normal man will not make any hints about money for treatment.
I appologize if something sounded weird, English is not my first, and even is not a second language:))))
I meant, if a man makes hints, just ingore his hints. Do not offer help and do not send money. If you don't want yourself, you are not obliged to help anybody.

I meant about praying, simpathising, if - let's imagine - he is not a rat, normal person, who are talking about bad health. But even in the case he is geniune, you are not have to send him money.

CuriousG

Senior Rat Expert
Chiming in quickly with some perspective that I think fits the discussion:

I was on bumble recently (online dating site in the US shhhhhh don’t tell my Tunisian lol I like to diversify my portfolio lol just joking...or am I??) anyway lol I met this guy and we really connected over music because to know me is to know that music is my love language if I send you a song to listen to it means a lot ughhh I always find a way to get off topic lol ok so boom we were connecting over music and he just opens up to me about his mother who is dying from cancer and what he’s been going through emotionally, financially etc mind you we literally have only been talking for a few hrs and at no point during our conversation did I stop and ask him to 1. Verify if his mother was actually dying from cancer 2. Block him because he mentioned that he was having financial struggles 3. Automatically think he was a lying rat lol

I say all that to say that there is a level of common human decency and compassion to have when someone is being vulnerable. Which was missing when I talked to my Tunisian because of the bias I had. I automatically assumed he wanted or needed something from me when he was opening up about his older sister who he is extremely close to out of his 9 other siblings(she is like his mother almost) EXACTLY how this man I met online in America opened up but I automatically took his vulnerability as lies. So yes I understand culture is different but being a human being isn’t feeling pain sorrow or grief isn’t and how we respond when someone open ups to us doesn’t have to be either. (That doesn’t mean open your purses!)

Disclaimer: I’m not saying ppl aren’t using this as a scam and blah blah blah nor am I saying there should be a request or obligation to provide financial assistance! Had to make sure I threw that in there before y’all dragged me for filth! Lol

lastly: I want to confirm that his sister does in fact have cancer and this has been validated from credible sources which I won’t disclose and I feel like shit for ever doubting that. Yes I know selling his motorbike or scooter or whatever it is called may not have much of a financial impact but he did what any Tunisian man would do and found a way to help pay as his family is first and as @PaWaa has mentioned healthcare is free but the best is NOT FREE and I dont know any one of us who wouldn’t find a way to. Get our family member the best. (I was a bit frustrated and annoyed at the idea that ppl should just simply settle for free and be happy as if that is what any of us would do) so yes he did have to contribute and even started working again at a cafe (due to the pandemic was no longer working at a hotel) to help with additional costs.

anywAy that’s my contribution for the day. Can’t wait to see the new ways in which y’all decide to rip that one apart lol

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

I was on bumble recently (online dating site in the US shhhhhh don’t tell my Tunisian lol I like to diversify my portfolio lol just joking...or am I??) anyway lol I met this guy and we really connected over music because to know me is to know that music is my love language if I send you a song to listen to it means a lot ughhh I always find a way to get off topic lol ok so boom we were connecting over music and he just opens up to me about his mother who is dying from cancer and what he’s been going through emotionally, financially etc mind you we literally have only been talking for a few hrs and at no point during our conversation did I stop and ask him to 1. Verify if his mother was actually dying from cancer 2. Block him because he mentioned that he was having financial struggles 3. Automatically think he was a lying rat lol

I say all that to say that there is a level of common human decency and compassion to have when someone is being vulnerable. Which was missing when I talked to my Tunisian because of the bias I had. I automatically assumed he wanted or needed something from me when he was opening up about his older sister who he is extremely close to out of his 9 other siblings(she is like his mother almost) EXACTLY how this man I met online in America opened up but I automatically took his vulnerability as lies. So yes I understand culture is different but being a human being isn’t feeling pain sorrow or grief isn’t and how we respond when someone open ups to us doesn’t have to be either. (That doesn’t mean open your purses!)

Disclaimer: I’m not saying ppl aren’t using this as a scam and blah blah blah nor am I saying there should be a request or obligation to provide financial assistance! Had to make sure I threw that in there before y’all dragged me for filth! Lol

lastly: I want to confirm that his sister does in fact have cancer and this has been validated from credible sources which I won’t disclose and I feel like shit for ever doubting that. Yes I know selling his motorbike or scooter or whatever it is called may not have much of a financial impact but he did what any Tunisian man would do and found a way to help pay as his family is first and as @PaWaa has mentioned healthcare is free but the best is NOT FREE and I dont know any one of us who wouldn’t find a way to. Get our family member the best. (I was a bit frustrated and annoyed at the idea that ppl should just simply settle for free and be happy as if that is what any of us would do) so yes he did have to contribute and even started working again at a cafe (due to the pandemic was no longer working at a hotel) to help with additional costs.

anywAy that’s my contribution for the day. Can’t wait to see the new ways in which y’all decide to rip that one apart lol
@CuriousG, no one is ripping you apart and besides you put it out there on the forum so you supposedly had some doubts in the first place about Tunisian Rats.
It's just that is how it starts with a sick relative, love songs and getting your trust but hey you can believe what you want no one is forcing you to change your mind because maybe he is in the 1% that's genuine.
I talked with mine for hours too!
We all have one sick relative especially during the pandemic, I have a family member suffering with depression, the world has so many true stories and we can't simply help everyone in the world who has something bad happen to them. I know that sounds harsh but the world is harsh isn't it?
Tunisian families get together and support each other, and my ex-rat had a large family probably could fill a half a stadium with all of them.
So if one family member is sick they receive help and assistance with money, medicine and whatever is needed.
You had mentioned things that are red flags and the members pointed it out to you because of our experiences.
Myself I had to be convinced of the facts, I was once where you were and its only out of care that we tell you these things.

Too soon to tell what more will come out as time goes on. What makes you think you are any different from the rest of us?
Like we all made that same connection too and why even say anything if you think we are going to rip you apart LOL

Last edited:

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer

Isn’t he the one who asked for $150 because his Mom needed to go to the Dr or for medication or whatever? That’s why he looked suspicious and why we said what we said. Such a common request, excuse, trick, so old .. but you were told already so I won’t go there again.

When you first told your story, people responded you and gave their opinion and perspective. They did it because they want to help and warn and don’t want to see another woman get scammed. No one ripped you apart. Everyone wrote out of compassion. Nobody here would drag anyone for filth because they don’t change their opinion.
That was a bit disappointing to read that. I hope you won’t get hurt and you find happiness. Glad you talk to other people too and not only to this one. Best wishes.

Last edited:

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Isn’t he the one who asked for $150 because his Mom needed to go to the Dr or for medication or whatever? That’s why he looked suspicious and why we said what we said. Such a common request, excuse, trick, so old .. but you were told already so I won’t go there again.

When you first told your story, people responded you and gave their opinion and perspective. They did it because they want to help and warn and don’t want to see another woman get scammed. No one ripped you apart. Everyone wrote out of compassion. Nobody here would drag anyone for filth because they don’t change their opinion.
That was a bit disappointing to read that. I hope you won’t get hurt and you find happiness. Best wishes.
Especially when this Tunisian man does not accept that his family knows certain things about a Western woman's point of view/life etc.
It's like he is ashamed yet goes on to make a love connection?
If you love someone for sure, total acceptance and unconditional love is given and shared.

Next thing he will be saying that we are jealous of your happiness , that's what they all say to create a bond.
That your love is different blah blah blah

No one want to see @CuriousG get hurt.
I just hope he is the one percent for you @CuriousG

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

anywAy that’s my contribution for the day. Can’t wait to see the new ways in which y’all decide to rip that one apart lol.
I replied to you on the wrong thread. A tunisian man who asks money is a rat. Not any decent tunisian man asks money. Learn the culture its very important to know how decent tunisians are. THEY DON'T ASK MONEY TO A WOMAN.!!!!! NO IFS AND NO BUTS!!!!!

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer

As the other ladies have said we all have problems, virtually every family is going to experience sickness be it physical or mental, but do you think he’s going to give a frickety frack about you and yours. All of us can tell you that it’s fully one sided, it’s aalwaaays the woman helping the man... and when it comes to us and our problems quite frankly they couldn’t care less. We’re in debt? Sick relative? *Radio silence*. Oh and guess what they’re allowed to insult our relatives too, but god forbid we say anything untoward about theirs :eek:

I hope that he’s a rare exception, but think about it and ask yourself what would he do if were you in a tough situation. You know him better than us. And do you want a giver or a taker as a partner? Men that are in love usually want to give. But these men will suck the life force out of you to the point where you start to hate men.

What you said about diversifying your portfolio did make me giggle lol.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

Well I personally would go for free healthcare about now as insurance is thru the freakin roof, so I pay myself! Glad to hear it was a fact she has cancer (sorry) so to me who you meet who you want to give to is your business and its our business here in giving people facts.. we’ve heard it all!. Guess you’ll just have to go over and have a relationship with the Tunisian

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

That was a bit disappointing to read that. I hope you won’t get hurt and you find happiness. Glad you talk to other people too and not only to this one. Best wishes.
Drs appts then whoops I mean medicine for diabetes :oops:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
@CuriousG, no one is ripping you apart and besides you put it out there on the forum so you supposedly had some doubts in the first place about Tunisian Rats.
It's just that is how it starts with a sick relative, love songs and getting your trust but hey you can believe what you want no one is forcing you to change your mind because maybe he is in the 1% that's genuine.
I talked with mine for hours too!
We all have one sick relative especially during the pandemic, I have a family member suffering with depression, the world has so many true stories and we can't simply help everyone in the world who has something bad happen to them. I know that sounds harsh but the world is harsh isn't it?
Tunisian families get together and support each other, and my ex-rat had a large family probably could fill a half a stadium with all of them.
So if one family member is sick they receive help and assistance with money, medicine and whatever is needed.
You had mentioned things that are red flags and the members pointed it out to you because of our experiences.
Myself I had to be convinced of the facts, I was once where you were and its only out of care that we tell you these things.

Too soon to tell what more will come out as time goes on. What makes you think you are any different from the rest of us?
Like we all made that same connection too and why even say anything if you think we are going to rip you apart LOL
Why don’t you join a dating site like match.com and have someone look at your likes and the other persons and match you up in your town (an actual date) instead of looking on social media? I would never talk to ANYONE on social media ever! Me and mine just happened but have learned a lot o out social media since...it sucks!!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

The more I think about all this that you have chimed in on it makes me personally feel like you are almost mocking us for telling you the red flags... Tunisia USA regardless of where they are they exist, but ours were from Tunisia and it is a huge red flag asking for medical money! You do not have a clue what some women have been thru so unless you want advice or are here to learn don’t compare our rats to your ....whatever he is just know that we are here to help not to be mocked! Yes cancer is a little extreme to say someone has so my prayers go out to anyone with this, but I know a couple of rats that have used death as a means to get money ....and no male you recently met should ask a women for money PERIOD if I think someone needs help I will gladly help but gotta know them longer then 6weeks:oops:

Last edited:

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
The more I think about all this that you have chimed in on it makes me personally feel like you are almost mocking us for telling you the red flags... Tunisia USA regardless of where they are they exist, but ours were from Tunisia and it is a huge red flag asking for medical money! You do not have a clue what some women have been thru so unless you want advice or are here to learn don’t compare our rats to your ....whatever he is just know that we are here to help not to be mocked! Yes cancer is a little extreme to say someone has so my prayers go out to anyone with this, but I know a couple of rats that have used death as a means to get money ....and no male you recently met should ask a women for money PERIOD if I think someone needs help I will gladly help but gotta know them longer then 6weeks:oops:
I don’t think CuriousG meant to mock us. We have to remember that these men are experts in scamming foreign women. They know what to say and do to make women fall over heels because they are so cunning and smooth. CuriousG is just a typical victim who believes that « her Mohamed is different ». She seems like a kind woman with a good heart and unfortunately, it’s even easier for rats to take good people for a ride.

@CuriousG, if you still read, I think you’re unfortunately very naive about human nature. I don’t want to be cynical and negative but we have to realize that many people wear a mask.
You believe strongly in compassion and in helping others. We all do -that’s why we’re here by the way- but because of experience and past disappointments, we also know that some people use others with no merci and don’t deserve we spend our time and energy on them.
We don’t tell you your guy is a rat because we love it. We don’t believe all Tunisian men are rats. We are not angry and jealous women who can’t be happy for other women who found « love ».

Some rats heard of this site and say that we are all bitter women because we had all bad history with rats. That's BS.

-some of the members are happily married to Tunisian men and live in Tunisia (so they know well the culture and the difference between rats and good men there)
- others were victims, so they know better than anyone the tricks they pull on women. You want to listen to them because they have been where you are now and then, they went through hell and they don’t want other women to go through the same! Their advice are precious, they know what they’re talking about.
- and some never had a rat (but saw enough of the crap rats do. They may have loved ones who were victims)

One thing we have in common: We are all disgusted by their evil acts!
If we are angry at something, it’s at the harm they cause. It happens so much and former victims and non victims want this abuse to stop because that’s enough.
Please don’t think it can’t happen to you and you know him so well and he’s the sweetest guy on earth. I really don’t like this boyfriend of yours. He seems to me a very disgusting man as well as his family.I don’t need to know him. It’s all in your first posts. He is a taker and you’ll be taken advantage of if you let him.

In a post to you this morning, @confuseddotcom explained beautifully that if it was the other way around, if you were the one needing financial support and comforting words, if you had a sick parent, they wouldn’t give a sh.. about it. Reread her post and other members’ (you can skip mine. They’re too long lol)

So, yes, careful with the compassion thing because his sister has cancer. I know you saw proofs. Ok whatever. May be true and it’s sad but remember he may use his sister’s disease to use you. May be untrue. They can fabricate fake documents, ask their friends to write bs posts on their social media. Don’t be too gullible. In any case, do not send money, not one buck! Never.
I wish you would understand that we tell you to be careful because we think almost 100% certainty that your dude is a typical rat. You’re falling for his fake words and his good looks.
Your description of him in your first post showed us clearly what kind of man he is. There were so many red flags after just a few lines that it was not even funny. People told you, you don’t want to believe and it’s frustrating. You are being manipulated big time and that’s all there is to it.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I don’t think CuriousG meant to mock us. We have to remember that these men are experts in scamming foreign women. They know what to say and do to make women fall over heels because they are so cunning and smooth. CuriousG is just a typical victim who believes that « her Mohamed is different ». She seems like a kind woman with a good heart and unfortunately, it’s even easier for rats to take good people for a ride.

@CuriousG, if you still read, I think you’re unfortunately very naive about human nature. I don’t want to be cynical and negative but we have to realize that many people wear a mask.
You believe strongly in compassion and in helping others. We all do -that’s why we’re here by the way- but because of experience and past disappointments, we also know that some people don’t have a good heart and don’t deserve we spend our time and energy on them.
We don’t tell you your guy is a rat because we love it. We don’t believe all Tunisian men are rats. We are not angry and jealous women who can’t be happy for other women who found « love ».

some rats heard of this site and say that we are all bitter women because we had all bad history with rats. Thsts BS. Some of the members are happily married to Tunisian men and live in Tunisia (so they know well the culture and the difference between rats and good men there) others were victims (so they know better than anyone the tricks they pull on women and you want to listen to the former victims because they have been where you are now and then, they went through hell and they don’t want other women to go through the same!) and some never had a rat (but saw enough of the crap rats do. They may have loved ones who were victims)
If we are angry at something, it’s at the harm they cause. It happens so much and former victims and non victims want this abuse to stop because that’s enough. Please don’t think it can’t happen to you and you know him so well and he’s the sweetest guy on earth. I really don’t like this boyfriend of yours. He seems to me a very disgusting man as well as his family.I don’t need to know him. It’s all in your first posts.

In a post to you this morning, @confuseddotcom explained beautifully that if it was the other way around, if you were the one needing financial support and comforting words, chance is the man wouldn’t give a sh.. about it. Reread her post and other members’ (you can skip mine. They’re too long lol)

so, yes, careful with the compassion thing because his sister has cancer. I know you saw proofs. Ok whatever. May be true and it’s sad but remember he may use his sister’s disease to use you. May be untrue. They can fabricate fake documents, ask their friends to write bs posts on their social media. Don’t be too gullible. In any case, do not send money, not one buck! Never.
I wish you would understand that we tell you to be careful because we think almost 100% certainty that your dude is a typical rat. You’re falling for his fake words and his good looks.
Your description of him in your first post showed us clearly what kind of man he is. There were so many red flags after just a few lines that it was not even funny. People told you, you don’t want to believe and it’s frustrating. You are being manipulated big time and that’s all there is to it.
Yeah I didn’t listen to what few knew about mine .., told me but I learned .3 trips over and thousands of dollars later! If I had of been on here then I would have taken up for my rat making excuses for all his lies, so we live we learn

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
At least you are keeping your options open ;)

There are scammers and rats everywhere especially online, have you ever watched catfish - it's great!

So music is your love language - how nice but please stop and think how easy it is to sweet talk someone with a few songs full of love and devotion and just how many others they have sent the same songs to, they do say let music be the food of love :whistle:

I am not trying to belittle your feelings at all but I want you to realise that you come across as a sweet and genuine lady and that makes you a sitting target.

Please stay with us and digest what we say, we are not sitting in judgement but we have years and years of experience between us - we do not believe all Tunisians are rats and many members are happily married but we do know the signs and the 'very' subtle hints they give out.

MH x

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

There are scammers and rats everywhere especially online, have you ever watched catfish - it's great!

So music is your love language - how nice but please stop and think how easy it is to sweet talk someone with a few songs full of love and devotion and just how many others they have sent the same songs to, they do say let music be the food of love :whistle:

I am not trying to belittle your feelings at all but I want you to realise that you come across as a sweet and genuine lady and that makes you a sitting target.

Please stay with us and digest what we say, we are not sitting in judgement but we have years and years of experience between us - we do not believe all Tunisians are rats and many members are happily married but we do know the signs and the 'very' subtle hints they give out.

MH x
Mine played careless whisper to me, oooh lala

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer

MH x
I love Catfish, have you been watching the new Catfish UK on MTV, MH?

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
Yeah it’s a status thing so they can take snaps in front of Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower and say look I’ve made it lol. It also makes them seem worldly and cultured in front of the potential brides, and easier to marry the girl of their choice. Really empty way of living

I would say that most seem to settle here in the uk I think they get used to the lifestyle
When mine was here on a course for work in 2016 (and decided not to meet up with me in London after waiting to do so for soooo long) he ensured that his colleagues took loads of photos of him in front of Buckingham Palace, pulling faces next to the guards, posing in front of Big Ben and pulling faces in front of the red telephone boxes and (what’s left of his hair) blowing in the wind with the Thames River in the background. I’m sure he returned home with lots of stories to share about how he had tea and cake with the Queen and how he went river boating along the Thames before catching the eye of a beautiful unsuspecting woman (victim) and sitting and having a drink with her whilst watching the Changing of the Guard. He knew how to tell stories of grandeur. He loved being in the limelight even though he tried to come across as meek and mild and completely humble. Fat chance! Nobody would ever describe a rat that way!