Welcome to TLR

Is he genuine?

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Thank you I know I’m young but I do have a sensible head but I am a women at the end of the day and flattery and attention do float my boat haha. He talks so passionately about Islam and it really does make a lot of sense especially all the Scientifically phenomenal mentioned in the Quran, maybe he knew what to send me I’m scientifically minded being in the medical profession.
They learn quick to know what ticks your boxes from the conversations you share with him. Getting attention and flattery is nice but with a potential rat I would be careful. Quoting texts out of the Quran to you seems strange to me as you aren't to convert to Islam?

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
It's not always he will ask money most of the time they hint for it and saying how poor he is and can't cope. If he is a rat he will be careful and as @Tinker-lulu said these guys have no women friends in the west most of the time it's because they want something from you
@Justme24

Butterflies is absolutely spot on, they are great at manipulating you to send them money by their hints and more often than not they will refuse to begin with but, as is our nature, you will one day think maybe I should/could send him just a little to help him out I mean he is your friend right and that is what we do, you will feel like he isn't a rat because you sent the money because YOU wanted to therefore no blame can be put on the rat.......WRONG and this is the important part - NO decent Tunisian man would accept money from a woman nor would they hint or manipulate your mindset.

MH x

Justme24

Major Ratslayer
They learn quick to know what ticks your boxes from the conversations you share with him. Getting attention and flattery is nice but with a potential rat I would be careful. Quoting texts out of the Quran to you seems strange to me as you aren't to convert to Islam?
I know I do have a very open mind, and it’s interesting discovering new religions. He says he wants me to know the truth so I can enter paradise.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I know I do have a very open mind, and it’s interesting discovering new religions. He says he wants me to know the truth so I can enter paradise.
Enter paradise? Studying the Quran takes years and there are different sides in who teaches you about all sides of it. Don't take for granted the things he says to you about the Quran is the only right way. @aisha can you explain more here the differences?

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Really I’m so I tired of these guys using our religion to make women think they are pure, reciting versus from holy Quran.. it’s a joke to them! You think if he was living according to the religion he’d be online trying to court women? Nope…they can’t tell you anything like “ learn truth” , if he truly wants you to know Islam he would give you information and if you decide to read you do, if not then not. I truly feel like many women convert without the true desire in their heart just because they want to make him happy or seem more similar, but guess what… a woman can convert all day and still you will not get respect because the guy in question is crap. So sorry to get aggressive with this, but really this erks me. When I see real converts you can see they truly embrace Islam and found it true to life, meanwhile I’ve seen women with Arab man says “ I’m convert” and can’t tell you the first thing about our religion, never even said a prayer.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Enter paradise? Studying the Quran takes years and there are different sides in who teaches you about all sides of it. Don't take for granted the things he says to you about the Quran is the only right way. @aisha can you explain more here the differences?
I’m so glad you said this, you are completely right. It’s not something you just wake up one day and say “ I’ll embrace Islam”

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Yes the Swedish message, that was funny. I do like him but I will never marry him and I’ve told him this, I won’t enter Islam and I’m too western for him. I’m so independent I don’t need anyone, I’m mid 20’s and have a good job, my own home I know what I being to the table. I just enjoy his company
Do you have friends your age in your country? What do you have in common?
If I have friends we share common things.
What do you have in common with this Tunisian that a friend from your country shares with you?

Justme24

Major Ratslayer
Really I’m so I tired of these guys using our religion to make women think they are pure, reciting versus from holy Quran.. it’s a joke to them! You think if he was living according to the religion he’d be online trying to court women? Nope…they can’t tell you anything like “ learn truth” , if he truly wants you to know Islam he would give you information and if you decide to read you do, if not then not. I truly feel like many women convert without the true desire in their heart just because they want to make him happy or seem more similar, but guess what… a woman can convert all day and still you will not get respect because the guy in question is crap. So sorry to get aggressive with this, but really this erks me. When I see real converts you can see they truly embrace Islam and found it true to life, meanwhile I’ve seen women with Arab man says “ I’m convert” and can’t tell you the first thing about our religion, never even said a prayer.
Thank you, I have read lots of things he has sent me and watched lots of videos. I’m a Christian and I’m happy being what I am.

Justme24

Major Ratslayer
Ah okeis, the only common thing I had with my rat was football even when I was there we sat at the cafe smoking shisha and watching Man United.
So that was the only thing we had in common lol.
To say he is only young, he has a really good mind, we have debates about world topics, religion, covid, we disagree we agree, he makes me question my own thinking. I know this more then likely a game to him and I do have my guard up.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
To say he is only young, he has a really good mind, we have debates about world topics, religion, covid, we disagree we agree, he makes me question my own thinking. I know this more then likely a game to him and I do have my guard up.
Did you watch the Europe game at the same time?
You said you shared football ideas.
Some like to chat with English ppl to improve their English, I’ve come across some.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
He has taught himself English, its ok. And you are right he does like to practice his English with me. Yes we watched the finals and he video called during the match.
That’s good, Tunisia’s are mad about football also, keep the friendship and no pressure, he’s young also and he is in the process of learning specially when things are really bad in Tunisia right now.
Friendship and romance usually doesn’t work but keep it separate, stay safe x

Justme24

Major Ratslayer
That’s good, Tunisia’s are mad about football also, keep the friendship and no pressure, he’s young also and he is in the process of learning specially when things are really bad in Tunisia right now.
Friendship and romance usually doesn’t work but keep it separate, stay safe x
Thank you, he’s just messaged me saying his father has bought the sheep ready for Tuesday. Not asked for a contribution from me. But I will keep you all updated. Have a nice evening x

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Thank you, he’s just messaged me saying his father has bought the sheep ready for Tuesday. Not asked for a contribution from me. But I will keep you all updated. Have a nice evening x
Enjoy your evening also, his father is preparing for Eid and the sheep usually costs 500 dinars approx., depends of the size for the family,yes keep us updated and if by any chance he asks for money later say NO, he will appreciate you being honest, I don’t think he will ask you tho but just in case say No and close the subject, x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Honestly just everything cost more here. It’s really ridiculous and I often wonder how are regular people affording to live with the cost of things like furniture, electronics, automobiles…. Land, business fees… it’s just all bribes
Life is hard in tunisia and certainly now there are less tourists alot of people will be suffering. At the time I was sending money to my rat he used to say his family was grateful for it as it helped them alot they could afford to buy meat then because usually they just eat vegetables soup or chakchouka with bread. I know it was mostly lies to get my money but I think lots of average tunisian people are living in poverty. It doesn't justify his scamming but I do know life out there is not always the best

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Life is hard in tunisia and certainly now there are less tourists alot of people will be suffering. At the time I was sending money to my rat he used to say his family was grateful for it as it helped them alot they could afford to buy meat then because usually they just eat vegetables soup or chakchouka with bread. I know it was mostly lies to get my money but I think lots of average tunisian people are living in poverty. It doesn't justify his scamming but I do know life out there is not always the best
As you know family and friends help each other here. I don’t know many families here that go without meat, they may not have some luxury, but they eat good. I think you already know that was a sob story to get your money

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Honestly just everything cost more here. It’s really ridiculous and I often wonder how are regular people affording to live with the cost of things like furniture, electronics, automobiles…. Land, business fees… it’s just all bribes
Yes indeed Aisha1, because the hospitality sector is suffering again the economy has gone down, you will see prices rising in the next few months, you will see desperation with ppl trying to feed their families, some have many children.
This pandemic has brought the economy down in rich countries but they’re making up for it by increasing prices.
Tunisia can export other things to help the economy, Britain has done business with Tunisian by buying olive oil, dates but it’s no enough for tunisian’s economy however Tunisia produces great wine and I can’t understand why it’s not exported to the west... only a “trickle” of wine is exported, in London they sell it but not where I live.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Yes indeed Aisha1, because the hospitality sector is suffering again the economy has gone down, you will see prices rising in the next few months, you will see desperation with ppl trying to feed their families, some have many children.
This pandemic has brought the economy down in rich countries but they’re making up for it by increasing prices.
Tunisia can export other things to help the economy, Britain has done business with Tunisian by buying olive oil, dates but it’s no enough for tunisian’s economy however Tunisia produces great wine and I can’t understand why it’s not exported to the west... only a “trickle” of wine is exported, in London they sell it but not where I live.
Well you know what doesn’t help us…. Giving salt to France for free