Welcome to TLR

Is he genuine?

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
@Sabrina hevhad me laughing one day…. He said like “ one horse pony show”… something like that. Some of the things he says,,,, and what about his sons computer! Why is that not a big deal?!
They should both be arrested it is a joke!!! It makes me sick jo trying to get words out while looking and smelling little girls hair and his son all drugged it is disgusting!!!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Bring back Trump!
Seriously I don’t think Trump was the worse, he had the economy rising, jobs, I think people just didn’t like him and no matter what he said or did would not change that, countless times people said he said something that was never said. As a person that actually lived there and paid taxes I think he was great for the country. Now you can go loot a Louis Vuitton and get a slap on the hand if that, shooting left and right and the race war is scary. You can get shot at a red light just for looking a certain way., cars getting stolen, major democratic cities are so dangerous it’s unreal… it’s just terrible truly and everyday it seems to be something new, change laws so they can steal more elections
So correct Trump was and is a great business man I honestly think the democrats were and are so jealous of him for doing things that they couldn’t , wouldn’t he was also bringing a lot of justice to the criminals in office! I don’t care what he said I’m sure some of these women have heard worse in the bars they frequent .. give me a break!!!!
Please can we refrain from personal political views, if you want to discuss them then please do it in PM.

Thanks

MH x

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Haha not at all - it’s how the Queen likes to be addressed and it’s a known saying, my humour isn’t going well today lol :p

MH x
It’s my fault, really I don’t know British humor, I learn from you all on this forum… my knowledge of English culture is the obvious that I see on tv ( Queen, double decker bus, red phone booth, black taxi, you all eat beans for breakfast…) I guess I know more… but humor … noooo…. My extent is mr bean

Jane

Major Ratslayer
It’s my fault, really I don’t know British humor, I learn from you all on this forum… my knowledge of English culture is the obvious that I see on tv ( Queen, double decker bus, red phone booth, black taxi, you all eat beans for breakfast…) I guess I know more… but humor … noooo…. My extent is mr bean
And all of that is wrong !! 70% of Brits have zero interest in the queen or the Royals ( boooring ), phone booths vanished in 2002, black taxis are only in London and are being replaced by Ubers and I don’t know anyone who loves beans for brekkie… shows how assumptions can be so wrong !! Lol

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
And all of that is wrong !! 70% of Brits have zero interest in the queen or the Royals ( boooring ), phone booths vanished in 2002, black taxis are only in London and are being replaced by Ubers and I don’t know anyone who loves beans for brekkie… shows how assumptions can be so wrong !! Lol
I said “ as seen on tv”, every country has these stereotypes that we can’t change…hhhhh for example… I’ve seen camel references on this forum about Arab countries, but in actuality I’ve been on a camel once in my life and it was not to get from A to B I still have the memories of that camel, I think he tried to smash my leg on a pole … they are really mean

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yes ma’am
I said “ as seen on tv”, every country has these stereotypes that we can’t change…hhhhh for example… I’ve seen camel references on this forum about Arab countries, but in actuality I’ve been on a camel once in my life and it was not to get from A to B I still have the memories of that camel, I think he tried to smash my leg on a pole … they are really mean
Happy, nice holiday @aisha

Pennylane

Major Ratslayer
I don't know where you are in the UK , but you need to get around more. In my city we have black cabs, and in others I've visited, and still phone boxes in a few places. I know plenty of people that admire the queen.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Where did you get 70% from?? The Queen is well loved and certainly not boring! Other major cities have black cabs - perhaps you haven’t visited them :rolleyes: and beans are traditionally served with English breakfast so again where did you get told otherwise?

MH x

Jane

Major Ratslayer
I don't know where you are in the UK , but you need to get around more. In my city we have black cabs, and in others I've visited, and still phone boxes in a few places. I know plenty of people that admire the queen.
I have nothing against the queen , she’s a great lady , but seriously… are Brits that obsessed with her and all the royals ? When i was in USA , people presumed that we are always talking about them but ( and ok, I made the 70% up ) I can honestly say I don’t give them a moments thought as does anyone of my acquaintances - unless there’s a big event like a wedding etc

phone boxes ? The only ones I’ve seen from one end of the U.K. to the other are no longer used , they’ve been turned into mini book stands , or stand empty and unused … seriously, who uses phone boxes when everyone has mobiles ?

I stand Corrected on the black cabs .. again , personally I never saw them outside London … beans ? Well, I know many people who hate them

Jane

Major Ratslayer
Where did you get 70% from?? The Queen is well loved and certainly not boring! Other major cities have black cabs - perhaps you haven’t visited them :rolleyes: and beans are traditionally served with English breakfast so again where did you get told otherwise?

MH x
My point being that the “ full English fry up “, while traditional and still eaten by builders , is much less popular than it was say 50 years ago , as people are much more aware of the health risks nowadays

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
I have nothing against the queen , she’s a great lady , but seriously… are Brits that obsessed with her and all the royals ? When i was in USA , people presumed that we are always talking about them but ( and ok, I made the 70% up ) I can honestly say I don’t give them a moments thought as does anyone of my acquaintances - unless there’s a big event like a wedding etc

phone boxes ? The only ones I’ve seen from one end of the U.K. to the other are no longer used , they’ve been turned into mini book stands , or stand empty and unused … seriously, who uses phone boxes when everyone has mobiles ?

I stand Corrected on the black cabs .. again , personally I never saw them outside London … beans ? Well, I know many people who hate them
We still have phone boxes where I live and they still work.
I live in a tourist area and the full English always has beans which people do actually eat!!!!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

I miss the phone booths in USA if you do happen to see one it’s not working

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer

The Monarchy represents the United Kingdom, every part of the world recognise the UK because of the monarchy.
Also the Bettles, twiggy and many other figures that make the UK great.
I respect the Monarchy for what IT REPRESENTS as an Institution.
The Queen has held to her responsibilities from beginning until her very end.
I’m not a Royalist but the Monarchy will continue with Prince Charles and then his son Prince William, they’re doing a great job where the Queen and Country come FIRST, nothing else matter, together with what the British stand for. DEMOCRACY.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
My point being that the “ full English fry up “, while traditional and still eaten by builders , is much less popular than it was say 50 years ago , as people are much more aware of the health risks nowadays
Sorry but I disagree again - it is as popular as ever and you can even get vegan full English with beans.

With regards to the monarchy you either love them or hate them and that is a whole other subject :rolleyes: Personally I love them but then again I also love marmite :D

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Can I ask a question please? From what age would the family set them up with a younger cousin? And how does it work? Would they visit them if they didn’t live in the same town?
That's a question @Aisha can answer as she is Arab but as far as I know they get introduced to a cousin and if they agree to it the future husband goes to the family home of the girl to introduce himself and to ask for permission. Sometimes it's at a young age they are promised to eachother untill the husband is set up to get married and can provide the future wife and all the things he needs to have a wedding. I am sure @Aisha can correct me when I said something wrong here