Welcome to TLR

Love relations with Tunisian men - BEZNESS - Rat Dictionnary

A

Alien

Herewith, I would like to summarize the outcome of the most of relationship between European women and Tunisian men.
Everybody can read more about it on the internet, in several webpages, or also in this forum in different threads. This is a short summarizing extraction from those.

The topic of “love relations” is a very vast topic, and is, according to numerous discussions in relevant forums, an increasingly popular one. In fact, the number of cases mount up to several tens of thousands each year!
Most of them end just with broken dreams, hurt feelings or some minor financial losses, quite a few with significant emotional scars, violence, massive threats or losses of life existances, and a few even with child abduction, bankruptcy and attempted manslaughter.

WHAT IS "BEZNESS"?

The term "Bezness" originates from the English word "business", and generally refers to profit-oriented activities of locals to tourists with the sole aim of creating advantages for one self.
In a narrower sense, the term is used for the pretention of love feelings toward women with the sole objective of gaining financial or material benefits or a residence permit in a western country, preferably Europe.
It is, in this sense, very much similar to terms like "marriage fraud" or "scam".

In French, terms like "Mariage Gris" or "Mariage Blanc" are used, while more profane terms refer also to "immigration fraud", "immigration scam" and "fictitious marriage".

THE BEZNESSER

The main difference between a "Beznesser" and a "Papagallo" is the fact that he is not just into an amoreuse adventure for the holidays, but he uses this only as the first step of his project.
There are many stages and forms between a serious and a Bezness lover, and in Tunisia, one can rarely find a "pure" representative of either kind - but one thing is certain: men who work in the tourist industry and are eager to contact tourists, almost always belong to the group "Beznesser".

WHY BEZNESS??

Tunisia is one hand a poor country, where the minimum wage, which most working professionals receive, is less than 200 Euro (200 UKP, 300 USD) per month.

Tunisia is also a country that does not provide an awful lot of jobs - the unemployment figures are, according to official figures around 10%, and according to strict standards rather in the area of 30%.
And finally, Tunisia is a country where the citizens cannot simply "go away", but they will need for all European countries a visa.
To come into "Contact" with a western tourist is easy - it is sufficient, to just talk to a tourist.

The easiest way is, of course, to obtain a job in the tourist industry, especially in the animation or restauration area in an hotel.
But even if such a position can not be obtained, the chances are quite good to attract the attention of a western woman on the street, in a shop, a taxi or a discotheque.

GENERALLY, THEY ARE 3 TARGET GROUPS
üsingle, young and well situated women
üsingle elderly women
üall women

AND THE OBJECTIVES ARE IN THIS ORDER
üVisa to a western country
üFinancial donations
üFun in bed

IN LINE WITH OBJECTIVES, THEY PROCEED WITH:

Strategy and Tactics

In most cases, there will be immediate talks about marriage, in many cases, they will be demands for money or donations - outspoken or expected.
If the Beznesser got a "victim", which has only little or no money, then it is also not a real problem, because every day, new tourists arrive at the airport.

They won't let go of what they have obtained, of course, and so they will continue to "work" the relation, even if it is a parallel second-, third- or fourth relationship, because even when it does not yield a marriage and a visa, there lures still the prospect of sex and financial benefits of smaller nature - the payment of taxi fares and some disco visits, for example. And - who knows, maybe one need only to give it some more time and it will turn out well anyway.

A typical characteristic of all such relationships is therefore, that they will never be abandoned or forgotten - even after months and sometimes years, they might decide to follow up on an "old" affair. But as long as a relationship is still "hot" and are fresh, there will be fireworks of telephone and SMS contacts.

In such relationships, the ultimate winner will often be the victim that manages it the fastest to marry and to present a visa to a western country, and, ideally, pay all the celebrations and ticket costs as well.

RAT DICTIONNARY: - TYPICAL PHRASES:

Love:
  • I love you and I can't live without you
  • I adore you
  • My life has changed since I met you
  • I love you since I saw you for the 1st time
  • You are safe
  • You are the most beautiful / nice / intelligent / sweet girl / woman in the world
  • I was lost until I found you
  • Now my life has a meaning
  • Please come to me soon
  • I need you
  • I can’t live my life without you
  • You are my woman
  • I miss you, I love you, Will you marry me?
  • My God says you are my woman.
  • I 'm poor for now...but my heart very rich of love...and all it's yours
  • I am for you and you are for me.
  • You are my life my love
  • Your voice is so nice / sweet
  • I want to make a baby with you
  • I want a baby from you. It will be the nicest and sweetest baby in the world
  • I want to grow old with you
  • Our last night shall be like the cream on the milk
  • If you are sad, remember there is one person in the world who loves you
  • You are good woman, woman for family
  • I am different: I will never ask you for money
  • I am with you because I love you - all the other guys have women who buy them cars, houses, businesses, give them money or marry them for visas. I don't have any of those things. I have a bad life
  • I am with you because I want to be with you
  • I am different, I never ask anyone for anything
  • Trust me, I am different. I don't joke, I am serious
  • Stop thinking so much. You think too much, have I given you any reason not to trust me
Money:

• My grandmother is ill she needs an operation but it is very expensive
  • My mother is sick
  • I will I have to go to the army unless I can pay 50/500/5000 dinars to get out of it
  • I'm in the army and I need 20000 dinars to buy me out!
  • My son/daughter/brother/sister is getting married and I'm working round the clock to pay for it!
  • It is winter now I new a new thick coat.
  • I need some clothes for the winter as I do not have any
  • I haven't eaten all day (please send money lest I starve to death...!)
  • I need to buy a cow, the last one died and it's really important for our future it costs 800 dinars!
  • I need 10000 for my divorce before i can marry you
  • Send me 100-500 EUR/UKP/USD to rent an apartment for the week you are coming out to visit me
  • We only need 15000 dinars to finish the house
  • I love my family but they are poor and I need to help them
  • But I am not ok because I want to buy a Macintosh to my older brother and they are too expensive... but I don't want your money!
  • My telephone was stolen
  • My telephone fell into the water and is now broken
  • I need a pair of sportshoes (Nike, Adidas)
  • We are 4 children and my father is working too much already
  • We don't have the money to buy a sheep for the holiday
  • I cannot pay the rent for my shop, can you help?
  • I was robbed on my way home and they stole me all the money you gave me and my telephone
Personal Excuses:
  • Why you like to make me angry?
  • What have I done, why don't you trust me, I could have anyone, but you are the only one in my heart
  • I have never lied to you. It was the first and only time.
  • My love, forgive me for talk loud to you but you make me crazy and angry
  • If I hit you again I will cut off my hand, but you make me do it!
  • I am a good man
  • I have changed, I am not anymore like I was before
Poverty / Depression:
  • I am poor
  • Can’t find job
  • There are no jobs
  • I am so sad that I can not find a job
  • I hate this job
  • I have problems
  • I am not ok
  • I kill myself
  • I will have to work until I drop dead
Swearing:

I swear ...
  • My God says ...
  • By the eyes / head of my mother
  • Leaving the country:
  • I love my country (but you can’t have a good life here)
  • I love my country so so much
  • I am happy in Tunisia, I don't ever want to leave my country.
  • OK, I will leave my country if it will make you happy
  • I tell my mother and she cries but it is ok she wants me to be happy
Family:

• I already told my family about you and they are so happy for me
  • My family is so excited to meet you
  • I love my family so so much
  • Excuses for telephone switched off:
  • The battery in my mobile needed charging - that's why my phone was off
  • I lost my watch so I didnt know the time
  • I've been sleeping
  • I've been very sick with a cold (so I haven't been able to answer your calls)
  • I ran out of credit so I couldnt call you for one month
  • Excuses for others
  • numbers / calls / messages:
  • My friend used my phone the texts are for him!
  • My friend sent them when he was drunk
  • My friend used my mobile to text / speak to his Russian girlfriend
  • It was not another woman just Tunisiana / Telecom asking questions about the service
Various:
  • Don't make sex to anyone there. Wait for me. I am hot. I am crazy in bed
  • The whole of tunisia is a big brothel
  • Normally, I tell the women how much I want from them before I spend a night with them. I can earn hundreds of Dinars each night
  • In my job I could have had many young and very beautyful women (to older or not pretty women)
  • I feel shy because I am man and you are woman
  • I want to marry woman, not
  • girl (to older women)
  • I know there are good and bad people everywhere. Me, myself, sometimes I'm good, sometimes I am even better.
  • Dont listen to bad things baby. Dont go on internet.
  • And they certainly know exactly why they do not want that... :)

L

Lilout

Yes Dear Alien, good that you posted this many of us have seen this before and posted on many websites, unfortunately it is not available to tourists arriving in Tunisia!

cheri

Rat Expert
Yes Dear Alien, good that you posted this many of us have seen this before and posted on many websites, unfortunately it is not available to tourists arriving in Tunisia!
Then we should contact the tour companies and try to get them to put a summary in their information of the things to watch out for while still having a great holiday

A

Alien

Then we should contact the tour companies and try to get them to put a summary in their information of the things to watch out for while still having a great holiday

It's a very good idea! That's one of my main objectives! We ought to do it in every European Countries! But how could we do that? Does anyone has any idea?

crystal

The Punchy Scot

Is this for real!! if you booked a meal in a restaurant for example..would you expect the menu to tell you to watch out for the waiter??? get a grip!!!

T

Tactfull

It's a very good idea! That's one of my main objectives! We ought to do it in every European Countries! But how could we do that? Does anyone has any idea?
Do Website '' groupe''

cheri

Rat Expert
Is this for real!! if you booked a meal in a restaurant for example..would you expect the menu to tell you to watch out for the waiter??? get a grip!!!
Maybe you haven't been on as many b----y tour buses as I have. The rep warns you (jokingly) of course about the men approaching women, I am the waiter at your hotel, we have a carpet sale today etc. etc. why not get them to add this problem to their information. I have a couple of friends who work for tour companies and I am sure they would oblige. It may be only a drop in the ocean but if you warn someone as they approach their hotel they may just remember what was said.

A

Alien

Really, I acknowledge this, it could sounds stupidly. But if you deeply think about it, why not? If you are affected, you could be pleased for this information. If not, you will ignore it.
For example, in my country if you look the Tunisian Embassy's website, there is a long warning text about this problem, and there also is a link to www.tunisia-love.com (I have written my summary mainly from this site's content) But the problem is that people usually don't read the Embassy's website before the trip. (We also have read it only because we wanted to have up to date informations about their revolution, and about the safety of the city we went to.)

Funny, but my friend and me also have read the warnings before we went to Tunisia and before she has gotten know her rat, and the most funny that we also have found this forum on the internet. But she ignored it! And after they met with eachother, she came back to this forum, and looked for the picture of her rat. But there was no match found. She calmed down, and since her rat's behavior was different from the written rat behavior on the first period of their relationship, and she was in love with him, she believed, that her rat is different!

The trouble is that people read these stories, these warnings against bezness, and go to Tunisia, and they meet a man, who improve them with his manipulation, and people immidiately forget these warnigs, and fall into their traps. As my friend also did it, poor. And if they are already in these men’s trap, they beleive that „ok,ok, I heard about bezness, but MINE IS DIFFERENT”. And after that they realize their scam, they come back to this site, or to other bezness sites, and realize, that really that is exactly what has happened with them too. Always after the fact! We have to do something that they read it before the fact! We have to put this information deeply to people's mind!

Maybe, if I got any information from the travel agency about this problem when I book my trip, I would also look them stupidly. But it's possible that if I heard about this problem before my trip vigorously, and there I met with a man, I would think about this.

simple

Major Ratslayer
Its the Tunisian experience people want ,they expect to be hasseled ,they expect to haggel the price at markets ,,,Bezness is something else.

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Maybe you haven't been on as many b----y tour buses as I have. The rep warns you (jokingly) of course about the men approaching women, I am the waiter at your hotel, we have a carpet sale today etc. etc. why not get them to add this problem to their information. I have a couple of friends who work for tour companies and I am sure they would oblige. It may be only a drop in the ocean but if you warn someone as they approach their hotel they may just remember what was said.

My ex rat works for a tour company - he would be telling you to watch out for the local men while you get on the bus and asking for your phone number getting off the bus. Cheri, most of the transfer reps and a lot of the hotel reps are either ex animators or married to one.

A

Alien

I know, we can not care everybody in the world, it’s the same as a social markeing campaign for example to prevent people from any diseases with a vaccine. One part of the people keep the received information useful and helpful about the vaccine, they believe in it, and vaccinate themself, and the other part don’t. I want to grow up the percentage of the „vaccinated people”. And I want to remind them continousely. Because people forget soon.

cheri

Rat Expert
Herewith, I would like to summarize the outcome of the most of relationship between European women and Tunisian men.
Everybody can read more about it on the internet, in several webpages, or also in this forum in different threads. This is a short summarizing extraction from those.

The topic of “love relations” is a very vast topic, and is, according to numerous discussions in relevant forums, an increasingly popular one. In fact, the number of cases mount up to several tens of thousands each year!
Most of them end just with broken dreams, hurt feelings or some minor financial losses, quite a few with significant emotional scars, violence, massive threats or losses of life existances, and a few even with child abduction, bankruptcy and attempted manslaughter.

WHAT IS "BEZNESS"?

The term "Bezness" originates from the English word "business", and generally refers to profit-oriented activities of locals to tourists with the sole aim of creating advantages for one self.
In a narrower sense, the term is used for the pretention of love feelings toward women with the sole objective of gaining financial or material benefits or a residence permit in a western country, preferably Europe.
It is, in this sense, very much similar to terms like "marriage fraud" or "scam".

In French, terms like "Mariage Gris" or "Mariage Blanc" are used, while more profane terms refer also to "immigration fraud", "immigration scam" and "fictitious marriage".

THE BEZNESSER

The main difference between a "Beznesser" and a "Papagallo" is the fact that he is not just into an amoreuse adventure for the holidays, but he uses this only as the first step of his project.
There are many stages and forms between a serious and a Bezness lover, and in Tunisia, one can rarely find a "pure" representative of either kind - but one thing is certain: men who work in the tourist industry and are eager to contact tourists, almost always belong to the group "Beznesser".

WHY BEZNESS??

Tunisia is one hand a poor country, where the minimum wage, which most working professionals receive, is less than 200 Euro (200 UKP, 300 USD) per month.

Tunisia is also a country that does not provide an awful lot of jobs - the unemployment figures are, according to official figures around 10%, and according to strict standards rather in the area of 30%.
And finally, Tunisia is a country where the citizens cannot simply "go away", but they will need for all European countries a visa.
To come into "Contact" with a western tourist is easy - it is sufficient, to just talk to a tourist.

The easiest way is, of course, to obtain a job in the tourist industry, especially in the animation or restauration area in an hotel.
But even if such a position can not be obtained, the chances are quite good to attract the attention of a western woman on the street, in a shop, a taxi or a discotheque.

GENERALLY, THEY ARE 3 TARGET GROUPS
üsingle, young and well situated women
üsingle elderly women
üall women

AND THE OBJECTIVES ARE IN THIS ORDER
üVisa to a western country
üFinancial donations
üFun in bed

IN LINE WITH OBJECTIVES, THEY PROCEED WITH:

Strategy and Tactics

In most cases, there will be immediate talks about marriage, in many cases, they will be demands for money or donations - outspoken or expected.
If the Beznesser got a "victim", which has only little or no money, then it is also not a real problem, because every day, new tourists arrive at the airport.

They won't let go of what they have obtained, of course, and so they will continue to "work" the relation, even if it is a parallel second-, third- or fourth relationship, because even when it does not yield a marriage and a visa, there lures still the prospect of sex and financial benefits of smaller nature - the payment of taxi fares and some disco visits, for example. And - who knows, maybe one need only to give it some more time and it will turn out well anyway.

A typical characteristic of all such relationships is therefore, that they will never be abandoned or forgotten - even after months and sometimes years, they might decide to follow up on an "old" affair. But as long as a relationship is still "hot" and are fresh, there will be fireworks of telephone and SMS contacts.

In such relationships, the ultimate winner will often be the victim that manages it the fastest to marry and to present a visa to a western country, and, ideally, pay all the celebrations and ticket costs as well.

RAT DICTIONNARY: - TYPICAL PHRASES:

Love:
  • I love you and I can't live without you
  • I adore you
  • My life has changed since I met you
  • I love you since I saw you for the 1st time
  • You are safe
  • You are the most beautiful / nice / intelligent / sweet girl / woman in the world
  • I was lost until I found you
  • Now my life has a meaning
  • Please come to me soon
  • I need you
  • I can’t live my life without you
  • You are my woman
  • I miss you, I love you, Will you marry me?
  • My God says you are my woman.
  • I 'm poor for now...but my heart very rich of love...and all it's yours
  • I am for you and you are for me.
  • You are my life my love
  • Your voice is so nice / sweet
  • I want to make a baby with you
  • I want a baby from you. It will be the nicest and sweetest baby in the world
  • I want to grow old with you
  • Our last night shall be like the cream on the milk
  • If you are sad, remember there is one person in the world who loves you
  • You are good woman, woman for family
  • I am different: I will never ask you for money
  • I am with you because I love you - all the other guys have women who buy them cars, houses, businesses, give them money or marry them for visas. I don't have any of those things. I have a bad life
  • I am with you because I want to be with you
  • I am different, I never ask anyone for anything
  • Trust me, I am different. I don't joke, I am serious
  • Stop thinking so much. You think too much, have I given you any reason not to trust me
Money:

• My grandmother is ill she needs an operation but it is very expensive
  • My mother is sick
  • I will I have to go to the army unless I can pay 50/500/5000 dinars to get out of it
  • I'm in the army and I need 20000 dinars to buy me out!
  • My son/daughter/brother/sister is getting married and I'm working round the clock to pay for it!
  • It is winter now I new a new thick coat.
  • I need some clothes for the winter as I do not have any
  • I haven't eaten all day (please send money lest I starve to death...!)
  • I need to buy a cow, the last one died and it's really important for our future it costs 800 dinars!
  • I need 10000 for my divorce before i can marry you
  • Send me 100-500 EUR/UKP/USD to rent an apartment for the week you are coming out to visit me
  • We only need 15000 dinars to finish the house
  • I love my family but they are poor and I need to help them
  • But I am not ok because I want to buy a Macintosh to my older brother and they are too expensive... but I don't want your money!
  • My telephone was stolen
  • My telephone fell into the water and is now broken
  • I need a pair of sportshoes (Nike, Adidas)
  • We are 4 children and my father is working too much already
  • We don't have the money to buy a sheep for the holiday
  • I cannot pay the rent for my shop, can you help?
  • I was robbed on my way home and they stole me all the money you gave me and my telephone
Personal Excuses:

• Why you like to make me angry?
  • What have I done, why don't you trust me, I could have anyone, but you are the only one in my heart
  • I have never lied to you. It was the first and only time.
  • My love, forgive me for talk loud to you but you make me crazy and angry
  • If I hit you again I will cut off my hand, but you make me do it!
  • I am a good man
  • I have changed, I am not anymore like I was before
Poverty / Depression:

• I am poor
  • Can’t find job
  • There are no jobs
  • I am so sad that I can not find a job
  • I hate this job
  • I have problems
  • I am not ok
  • I kill myself
  • I will have to work until I drop dead
Swearing:

I swear ...
  • My God says ...
  • By the eyes / head of my mother
  • Leaving the country:
  • I love my country (but you can’t have a good life here)
  • I love my country so so much
  • I am happy in Tunisia, I don't ever want to leave my country.
  • OK, I will leave my country if it will make you happy
  • I tell my mother and she cries but it is ok she wants me to be happy
Family:

• I already told my family about you and they are so happy for me
  • My family is so excited to meet you
  • I love my family so so much
  • Excuses for telephone switched off:
  • The battery in my mobile needed charging - that's why my phone was off
  • I lost my watch so I didnt know the time
  • I've been sleeping
  • I've been very sick with a cold (so I haven't been able to answer your calls)
  • I ran out of credit so I couldnt call you for one month
  • Excuses for others
  • numbers / calls / messages:
  • My friend used my phone the texts are for him!
  • My friend sent them when he was drunk
  • My friend used my mobile to text / speak to his Russian girlfriend
  • It was not another woman just Tunisiana / Telecom asking questions about the service
Various:

• Don't make sex to anyone there. Wait for me. I am hot. I am crazy in bed
  • The whole of tunisia is a big brothel
  • Normally, I tell the women how much I want from them before I spend a night with them. I can earn hundreds of Dinars each night
  • In my job I could have had many young and very beautyful women (to older or not pretty women)
  • I feel shy because I am man and you are woman
  • I want to marry woman, not
  • girl (to older women)
  • I know there are good and bad people everywhere. Me, myself, sometimes I'm good, sometimes I am even better.
  • Dont listen to bad things baby. Dont go on internet.
  • And they certainly know exactly why they do not want that... :)
This might make you laugh. The one above. "My telephone fell in the water and is now broken". I can verify that. It is also actually true. It fell in the toilet while I was there. Sometimes they are true. He didn't appreciate me laughing and NO I did not buy a replacement. The poor little love is using his mum's old Nokia

Amber

oo la la ;)
Absolutely , chéri , that's the way to deal with it , individual actions can compensate with the impossible large scale communictation from tourism/financial organisms ...my motto on here ...let's be very practical , that's what long run members are doing here , a solidarity chain between women as the " Grand Soir" , i mean the revolution against Kapitalism as would write Marx is a silly dream ...we can't fight against the economical stakes , let's be adult , we can fight as individuals , little rivers ...butterfly effect and so on ...That's the reason why we're here ,aren't we ?

crystal

The Punchy Scot
Really, I acknowledge this, it could sounds stupidly. But if you deeply think about it, why not? If you are affected, you could be pleased for this information. If not, you will ignore it.
For example, in my country if you look the Tunisian Embassy's website, there is a long warning text about this problem, and there also is a link to www.tunisia-love.com (I have written my summary mainly from this site's content) But the problem is that people usually don't read the Embassy's website before the trip. (We also have read it only because we wanted to have up to date informations about their revolution, and about the safety of the city we went to.)

Funny, but my friend and me also have read the warnings before we went to Tunisia and before she has gotten know her rat, and the most funny that we also have found this forum on the internet. But she ignored it! And after they met with eachother, she came back to this forum, and looked for the picture of her rat. But there was no match found. She calmed down, and since her rat's behavior was different from the written rat behavior on the first period of their relationship, and she was in love with him, she believed, that her rat is different!

The trouble is that people read these stories, these warnings against bezness, and go to Tunisia, and they meet a man, who improve them with his manipulation, and people immidiately forget these warnigs, and fall into their traps. As my friend also did it, poor. And if they are already in these men’s trap, they beleive that „ok,ok, I heard about bezness, but MINE IS DIFFERENT”. And after that they realize their scam, they come back to this site, or to other bezness sites, and realize, that really that is exactly what has happened with them too. Always after the fact! We have to do something that they read it before the fact! We have to put this information deeply to people's mind!

Maybe, if I got any information from the travel agency about this problem when I book my trip, I would also look them stupidly. But it's possible that if I heard about this problem before my trip vigorously, and there I met with a man, I would think about this.

I don't think that singling out a country and tarring it generally is totally ridiculous.. For example should we say that Scots have a reputation for being drunks, and write this in the Tourist Guide??? You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink..

cheri

Rat Expert
My ex rat works for a tour company - he would be telling you to watch out for the local men while you get on the bus and asking for your phone number getting off the bus. Cheri, most of the transfer reps and a lot of the hotel reps are either ex animators or married to one.
I am well are of that and completely agree. I am talking about the ones I trust. One is a middle aged woman I have known for 7 years married 20 years to a Tunisian business man (as opposed to Bezness) the other is an English gay guy who has only been in the job for six months and I am sure would love to tell the stories.

A

Alien

I don't think that singling out a country and tarring it generally is totally ridiculous.. For example should we say that Scots have a reputation for being drunks, and write this in the Tourist Guide??? You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink..

We can read in the Lonley Planet that Scots have a reputation for being drunks. :) I don't know if it's true or not, and I would like to appologize if anybody is Scottish here. But I have read about that, and heard about that. I think it's only a negative stereotype, but if I went to Scotland, I'm sure I would remember this.