Welcome to TLR

Online rat? Is he a scam?

Tinkerbell

Does anyone perhaps know him?
Omar Saadaoui

Met him though a social media site.
Talking for a bit now.

I do have his Facebook and phone number.
Have searched and searched about him, nothing else to find. Seems clean so far, whilst with others and not just men from tunis, I have had found more dirt then I had hoped for.

His mother and sisters know about me.
We talk everyday.
But I know about their reputation.
Before I take it a step further... does that name ring a bell to anyone.

Biggest proof for me would be if he would indeed come here around Christmas.

Tinkerbell

Omar Saadaoui

Talking for a bit now.

Have searched and searched about him, nothing else to find. Seems clean so far, whilst with others and not just men from tunis, I have had found more dirt then I had hoped for.

We talk everyday.

This is him D082DECE-EF9D-4F5B-BD79-C58EA21D5260.jpeg D082DECE-EF9D-4F5B-BD79-C58EA21D5260.jpeg

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
Omar Saadaoui

Talking for a bit now.

We talk everyday.

What country do you live in? How would he able to come to see you at christmas?

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome @Tinkerbell

Firstly well done for posting.

Often rats have several different names and spelling of their name - even now after 8 years on here my rat has never cropped up nor have I found him on FB etc but he was most certainly a big fat rat....... He was also married!

Why do you think he may visit you at Christmas, does he have a visa?

Do you mind telling us what he works as?

Sorry for the questions and only answer what you are comfortable with.

MH x

Tinkerbell

Welcome @Tinkerbell

Firstly well done for posting.

Often rats have several different names and spelling of their name - even now after 8 years on here my rat has never cropped up nor have I found him on FB etc but he was most certainly a big fat rat....... He was also married!

Why do you think he may visit you at Christmas, does he have a visa?

Do you mind telling us what he works as?

Sorry for the questions and only answer what you are comfortable with.

MH x
Hiya,

No need to apologise for the questions.
I do have his Facebook.

And him coming from Christmas is his idea. He needs to sort out the documents to indeed be able to come here for a short holiday.
Yes he asked as well if I would come to there, but because I have a son I will not. And was then his idea to come here.

And he is working on his own shop for games/betting.

And I do have his phone number. He is always reachable and available.

Cheers

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Hiya,

No need to apologise for the questions.
I do have his Facebook.

And him coming from Christmas is his idea. He needs to sort out the documents to indeed be able to come here for a short holiday.
Yes he asked as well if I would come to there, but because I have a son I will not. And was then his idea to come here.

And he is working on his own shop for games/betting.

And I do have his phone number. He is always reachable and available.

Cheers
Oh dear :Not Worthy:

Firstly he knows full well he will NOT get a visa to visit you so 1st red flag.

2nd red flag is meeting on social media.

3rd red flag you have a son

4th red flag is his family are in on it too.

I could go on......

Next he will tell you he can't afford to get the papers - you will then offer to help (at least that is his intention)

His family will treat you like a long lost daughter/sister and make you feel part of the family....... You are a commodity that's all - means to an end. Before you know it you will be sending them gifts - you will be welcome in their home and they will treat you like a princess!

Please read the various forums on here and read up on Tunisian culture. Tunisian Love website is very informative for learning their culture www.tunisia-love.com

MH x

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer

I could go on......

Next he will tell you he can't afford to get the papers - you will then offer to help (at least that is his intention)

His family will treat you like a long lost daughter/sister and make you feel part of the family....... You are a commodity that's all - means to an end. Before you know it you will be sending them gifts - you will be welcome in their home and they will treat you like a princess!

Please read the various forums on here and read up on Tunisian culture. Tunisian Love website is very informative for learning their culture.

[/QUOTE

Tinkerbell

I could go on......

Please read the various forums on here and read up on Tunisian culture. Tunisian Love website is very informative for learning their culture.

MH x
It was him actually that showed me what he needs to be able to get to here.
Vv application, funds to show that he can take care of himself, letter with means for return etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I will never ever out a penny towards anything. Don’t have the means to do so anyway, and even if I would have, that still would be no from me.

All his sisters are married, one off them is married to a German man.

A lot off them do not have social media as far as my understanding goes, because that’s the easiest way to get caught?

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
It was him actually that showed me what he needs to be able to get to here.
Vv application, funds to show that he can take care of himself, letter with means for return etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I will never ever out a penny towards anything. Don’t have the means to do so anyway, and even if I would have, that still would be no from me.

All his sisters are married, one off them is married to a German man.

A lot off them do not have social media as far as my understanding goes, because that’s the easiest way to get caught?
My rat also explained what he would need for his papers to visit.

He will not get them trust me.

You will want to play the waiting game but that is a dangerous game to play.

I know you are thinking maybe he is different, maybe he is genuine, maybe this could work, he isnt and it won't.

I know nothing I say will change anything at the moment but arm yourself with knowledge and keep your eyes open and your purse closed.

Stay with us on here, ask as many questions as you want - no question is too silly and there will always be someone on here that can answer you.

I'm glad you searched and found TLR.

MH x

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
i am not that knowledgeable about the law, but no one from Tunisia can visit the uk?
In a word no.

Even rats that have married someone from the UK find it takes several years to get a visa and even then it's certainly not guaratanteed

I'm sorry it's probably not what you want to hear but we are just being honest with you.

He knows this.

MH x

Tinkerbell

In a word no.

Even rats that have married someone from the UK find it takes several years to get a visa and even then it's certainly not guaratanteed

I'm sorry it's probably not what you want to hear but we are just being honest with you.

He knows this.

MH x
It’s absolutely fine, again all I want is the truth.
Whole reason i am here.
It’s a bit odd all. I actually know the German husband. He says my “rat” is a good guy and unfortunately a lot off them have a bad name etc etc. But hahaha I know him from my former work, and I don’t really like him
So what ever he says, euhm yeah don’t really listen to him anyway.

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
Omar Saadaoui

Talking for a bit now.

We talk everyday.

Unfortunately, even if he manages to come for Christmas that still doesn’t mean anything.
Will he be ok to go back to Tunisia after reaching the UK ? In case he wants to stay, you would have to provide for him and he would definitely take advantage of the situation.

His job isn’t very Islamic either, it shows his interest in making easy money.

Moreover, you met him on social media, you are not the only one he must be chatting with. He looks young and charming so I highly doubt he is faithfully waiting for you. They enjoy using their seduction skills on all kinds of women online and IRL.

Please be very careful, take a bit of distance.

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
It’s absolutely fine, again all I want is the truth.
Whole reason i am here.
It’s a bit odd all. I actually know the German husband. He says my “rat” is a good guy and unfortunately a lot off them have a bad name etc etc. But hahaha I know him from my former work, and I don’t really like him
So what ever he says, euhm yeah don’t really listen to him anyway.
Is the german bloke and his tunisian living in England? as you say you know him from work? Also is there an age difference between you and the guy you are talking with?

Tinkerbell

If he met his tunisian wife in Germany, i wonder how she got to Germany! You are 10 years older than the bloke you are talking with?
Yeah that is what I am wondering now as well.
And yes I am 10 years older.
But I have to say for some reason the partners I have had were always younger then me. But no one has ever guessed my age correctly.
He is 29 and I am 39.
But even in Asda I had to show my id for cigarettes or alcohol

simple

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Tinkerbell ,if it was easy for a Tunisian to get a visa ,there would be no need for this site.Its virtually impossible ,, .This rat will say he will get a visa to visit, to put you at ease ,then will say he is having trouble,because his lost his passport ,or it is too expensive ,or the embassy is closed ,this then makes you desperate to meet him,So you will go to tunisia instead ,Where he can really his teeth into you ,,As for this German bloke ,hes obviously got to say your rat is a good guy ,,because he married into his family and if he says otherwise it"ll prove what a Shite family he married into ..And the rats family know about you..Of course they do ,,They allowed the daughter of the house to date a tourist and a non muslim <id say with the intension of getting her married to him ..And he works in a betting shop:eek::eek: Sounda like a a rats nest .Dont believe he can get a visa ,because he cant <even if this German guy will sponser him ,your rat will not meet the criteria for a visa ...

Tinkerbell

I will take all response with me. Much appreciated all.
And hahaha about the betting shops, UK is filled with betting shops. If there is one country that stands for gambling, definitely uk will be in the top 3, if not in first place.

Now I’m just gonna sit back and watch what he is gonna do.

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
And hahaha about the betting shops, UK is filled with betting shops. If there is one country that stands for gambling, definitely uk will be in the top 3, if not in first place.

Gambling is forbidden in islam! Also England is a whole different country to Tunisia, we are not a muslim country!

Tinkerbell

I must be showing my age as he does not look 29 :eek:

Then again teachers and police look too young nowadays.

It is all very suspect - why not ask how his sister came to be in Germany.

MH x
I just did, and she went to university there. In Berlin.

simple

Major Ratslayer

Hes in a muslim country ,,even playing rummy is considered haram[dirty],Putting that aside ,if i had the money to open a shop in Tunisia ,betting shop would be last on the list ,as only bad people visit them .You say hes always reachable ,,another red flag ..Sitting in his shop with his phone and laptop .Ive seen rats have conversations with two different women at the same time ,,"My brother just call me wait a minute",,,Skype has a split screen app,,

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
Yeah that is what I am wondering now as well.
And yes I am 10 years older.
But I have to say for some reason the partners I have had were always younger then me. But no one has ever guessed my age correctly.
He is 29 and I am 39.
But even in Asda I had to show my id for cigarettes or alcohol
Hes in a muslim country ,,even playing rummy is considered haram[dirty],Putting that aside ,if i had the money to open a shop in Tunisia ,betting shop would be last on the list ,as only bad people visit them .You say hes always reachable ,,another red flag ..Sitting in his shop with his phone and laptop .Ive seen rats have conversations with two different women at the same time ,,"My brother just call me wait a minute",,,Skype has a split screen app,,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191003_120638_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003_120638_com.android.chrome.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 79

Etoyoc

Major Ratslayer
Its hard to get a scholorship to study abroad and a fully funded one ,,or the family must be rich enough to pay for her education
The same is true for Germany. Plus, you need to have at least a C1 (speaking, reading, writing fluently) certificate in German language. However, such persons do exists in Tunisia, but they come usually from rich families, often highly educated as well. And for such persons, trust me, there is plenty of suitable and acceptable marriage candidates available in Tunisia.

I'd first investigate the parents of the person, and also, where exactly (google map coordinates) they live in Tunisia.

I assume when he is into gambling, that he is trying to set up some online business outside of Tunisia, since in Tunisia gambling is prohibited, and opening something like a betting shop/business even more. This would have to be explained closer (because that is, maybe, where someone not living in Tunisia comes in). Also, why would a German want to move to Tunisia?

This way or another, you've got a lot of investigating to do. And when you do, then take into account that the tunisian society works very different from western ones - things that are normal in west, or work well, will not be or work at all in Tunisia, and vice versa. Even the same word can have a very different meaning in one and the other country, which is why it is said "often, things are not what they seem to be or what one thinks them to be".

Use this checklist as well : https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/help-are-these-red-flags.5064/#post-317231

Liona

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Tinkerbell! And welcome. What a coincidence you know that German husband from your former work. :confused: This is a small world. Did you meet the German bloke before your met your Tunisian guy?