Welcome to TLR

Opinions please

Annie-May

Rat Expert
You will

you will not find anything in the Acct he gave you the password to except for what he wants you to see. So if you just want to be friends why go over? Where will he stay? Who initiated the relationship I’m a little confused
He says he just has the one account and I do believe that but obviously he could have more. The reason I believe he has one account is due to the fact when we are talking and he has recieved a message, he has a tendency to show me who sent the message and the message itself and tells me what it says. Obviously what he tells me it says could be different but I have to take his word for it seeing as I dont understand the language

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
He says he just has the one account and I do believe that but obviously he could have more. The reason I believe he has one account is due to the fact when we are talking and he has recieved a message, he has a tendency to show me who sent the message and the message itself and tells me what it says. Obviously what he tells me it says could be different but I have to take his word for it seeing as I dont understand the language
He sounds to me he is trying to hard to get your trust or very experienced already at what we have experienced be careful, the messages he’s showing you in arabic could be anything or anyone

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
I have an idea about the culture from reading, a friend and from him. We have talked about the culture difference alot, he has laughed at things I've mentioned about me and told me that I'm more Muslim than him and most people in tunisia, this made me laugh because I've been told by people before that how I think and by my lifestyle choices I would make a good muslim. Marriage isn't something I would rush into but it is something I am searching for one day. We have talked about what we want from our futures wether it is with each other or not and we seem to want the same thing. And that is with him telling me first, so I know he isnt just saying that because he knows that's what I'm looking for in life
It is true that a lot of north africans are more secular, some are not religious at all... but if you do eventually convert be sure to do your own research, and learn about the obligations that you’ll need to fulfil as a woman as well as what’s required of a man and hubby. I’ve seen a lot of men marrying converts and not taking care of them as they should, thinking they can get away with it. Well, only time will tell. Red flags to look out for are pressuring you into doing anything, sob stories that all of us ladies have heard, and of course direct requests for money. If you do visit Tunisia don’t make him the centre of your trip... enjoy yourself.

Annie-May

Rat Expert
It is true that a lot of north africans are more secular, some are not religious at all... but if you do eventually convert be sure to do your own research, and learn about the obligations that you’ll need to fulfil as a woman as well as what’s required of a man and hubby. I’ve seen a lot of men marrying converts and not taking care of them as they should, thinking they can get away with it. Well, only time will tell. Red flags to look out for are pressuring you into doing anything, sob stories that all of us ladies have heard, and of course direct requests for money. If you do visit Tunisia don’t make him the centre of your trip... enjoy yourself.
He hasnt pressured me to convert and I will never do that, we have had this discussion and he said he respects that. It was just a conversation about how much more like a muslim I act than the ones he knows. I havent had a single sob story yet and no requests for money. His has a problem with his bike but has never requested money. He just laughed and said one day I will get it fixed, he is a bit stressed at the moment . I have never offered money and never will give it and he knows that. I have told him before I expect to be treated as he would treat a tunisian girl

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Thank you for your reply, dont get me wrong I have been tempted to access his social media to put my mind at ease but i feel bad in doing that. Should i look or not, what would you do?. He recommended staying in a hotel. As for searching for a future wife on the internet , I wouldnt say it is his full intentions as he did ask if I'd rather just be friends and that if I wanted to be he would be proud to have me as a friend. He says he finds it hard at his age now to meet girls
I have read that he is 33? It's quite old for a tunisian man to be not married yet. You can go to his social media since you have the password but....i don't think there will be something there he doesn't want you to see, when there is something wrong he already removed all the evidence. Something you can do is go to his blocked list on fb to see if there are other foreign women he had blocked. Staying in a hotel together is illegal in tunisia and I would be scared to meet a complete stranger you met via the internet, after all he can pretend who he wants. I would be very careful if I was you. Maybe take a step back as he suggests, search first on his blocked list.

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
He hasnt pressured me to convert and I will never do that, we have had this discussion and he said he respects that. It was just a conversation about how much more like a muslim I act than the ones he knows. I havent had a single sob story yet and no requests for money. His has a problem with his bike but has never requested money. He just laughed and said one day I will get it fixed
The bike problem was more than likely a hint. They speak about their problems to test the water to see if you will offer cash to help them out. To begin with they may refuse the cash that is offered so as to appear genuine, but they then know that the cash will be there in the future when something else needs "fixing"

Annie-May

Rat Expert
I have read that he is 33? It's quite old for a tunisian man to be not married yet. You can go to his social media since you have the password but....i don't think there will be something there he doesn't want you to see, when there is something wrong he already removed all the evidence. Something you can do is go to his blocked list on fb to see if there are other foreign women he had blocked. Staying in a hotel together is illegal in tunisia and I would be scared to meet a complete stranger you met via the internet, after all he can pretend who he wants. I would be very careful if I was you. Maybe take a step back as he suggests, search first on his blocked list.
Would you reccomend looking on his account . I feel so guilty to do that so I havent. I dont know what to do for the best...look and find/dont find or just not look at all

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Hi, yes he is tunisian. He is currently planting and looking after the familys olive trees. Apparently when younger he worked in a few hotels (one being a relatives, if I remember right) but he hated that work. He then had a shop but due to circumstances closed. I've tried to search about other possible accounts but have not found any (he assures me he just has one facebook account). As for visiting he has spoken about who would pay and said if I visit this year he wouldnt be able to pay but next year and any other years after he would be able to
.......these men will tell you exactly what you want to hear...dont forget...Tunisia is suffering from the pandemic and these men are in full force searching for their meal ticket out of there....be safe, don't offer to pay for your trip and never send money....once you do that, you are his to exploit......we always hope we are wrong but the reality is that 98 percent of the time we are right. Stay safe ♡

MarinaHi

Senior Rat Expert
I think he knows I'm a bit wary, and he said he understands that as we have not met and only know each other on social media, maybe that's why he gave his password. He said he can only talk to one girl at a time and has criticised people he knows that talks to multiple people at once.he has never asked for my password, he said he trusts me and wants me to trust him. By the way he talks I think he used to check up on his ex's social media as he said he finds it hard to trust people
Your boyfriend looks like my rat. He is also 33 years old, he had a supermarket and he has olive trees. He also spoke good words to me, did not ask for money ... But then I found out that he had many women. And he wrote the same words, videos, photos to everyone .... Be careful !!! Leave at once! Do not think that he is good!

MarinaHi

Senior Rat Expert
.......these men will tell you exactly what you want to hear...dont forget...Tunisia is suffering from the pandemic and these men are in full force searching for their meal ticket out of there....be safe, don't offer to pay for your trip and never send money....once you do that, you are his to exploit......we always hope we are wrong but the reality is that 98 percent of the time we are right. Stay safe ♡
It's true!!!

Annie-May

Rat Expert
The bike problem was more than likely a hint. They speak about their problems to test the water to see if you will offer cash to help them out. To begin with they may refuse the cash that is offered so as to appear genuine, but they then know that the cash will be there in the future when something else needs "fixing"
It could be a hint but I actually dont think it is due to a past conversation we had. And that was a good while back and hasnt really mentioned it again except for that he was tired because of walking so much

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Welcome, Annie-May. Why giving you his password? You didn’t ask it for it. He’s telling you... see, I’m a good guy who has nothing to hide. Nobody does that. It’s deception. He has other accounts that you don’t know about.

If you look at this account, you won’t find anything suspicious. That’s why you have the password of this account, because there’s nothing.

Rats always have problems with their bike, or their phone when they don’t have a sick parent who needs to go to the hospital. They want money. Wait for him to ask you for money or to tell you about another problem, hoping you’ll offer to help. Don’t believe anything, don’t send anything, not even the smallest amount.

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Would you reccomend looking on his account . I feel so guilty to do that so I havent. I dont know what to do for the best...look and find/dont find or just not look at all
You obviously are not convinced that he is completely honnest or you wouldn't be here. When doubts creeps in you better do your homework. As he gave the password to you he knows you can go on there so yes I would do it. I had my rats passwords to and I found out he talked in the middle of the night to other women and then deleted the texts. It's better to know the truth now then to go further with the online relation it will hurt when you do find things you don't like we know that . We are not saying he is a rat but as we all said before online fishing to foreign women is one of their tricks

Annie-May

Rat Expert
You obviously are not convinced that he is completely honnest or you wouldn't be here. When doubts creeps in you better do your homework. As he gave the password to you he knows you can go on there so yes I would do it. I had my rats passwords to and I found out he talked in the middle of the night to other women and then deleted the texts. It's better to know the truth now then to go further with the online relation it will hurt when you do find things you don't like we know that . We are not saying he is a rat but as we all said before online fishing to foreign women is one of their tricks
Yes you never know who someone is until you meet and spend alot of time with them, even after years they may not be who you.think they are but that can also happen with guys here too, but I understand your concern. I know these things happen alot but I also know sometimes there can be good too. So maybe I will take the plunge and take a look, may stay logged in that way I'll instantly see what goes on (would you reccomend that or log out after) if he finds out then doesnt seem happy about it then I know he isnt as genuine as I thought he could be after all he said I could do it

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Yes you never know who someone is until you meet and spend alot of time with them, even after years they may not be who you.think they are but that can also happen with guys here too, but I understand your concern. I know these things happen alot but I also know sometimes there can be good too. So maybe I will take the plunge and take a look, may stay logged in that way I'll instantly see what goes on (would you reccomend that or log out after) if he finds out then doesnt seem happy about it then I know he isnt as genuine as I thought he could be after all he said I could do it
I used my smartfone to talk to my rat and closed my fone when we said goodbye at night. But with my tablet he knew nothing of I was constantly logged in to his acount and this is how I found out his tricks as he chatted up other women and asking money at them. You do whatever you feel comfortable with but I know it is a horrible feeling to be doing this. Your priority is to protect yourself so why would he be angry he said you could go there.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
You will not find anything in this acct:)

Annie-May

Rat Expert
I used my smartfone to talk to my rat and closed my fone when we said goodbye at night. But with my tablet he knew nothing of I was constantly logged in to his acount and this is how I found out his tricks as he chatted up other women and asking money at them. You do whatever you feel comfortable with but I know it is a horrible feeling to be doing this. Your priority is to protect yourself so why would he be angry he said you could go there.
I also have a tablet which he doesnt know of, I dont ever use it so maybe this is the time too use it, I better get it charged! I'm so sensitive so I need to be careful, if I get hurt it will take a long time for me to recover I know that but I also cant risk loosing the chance to be happy so I'll do what I need to do,monitor social media for a while and come to a decision. Like i said I'm not rushing to meet, I wont have anyone to travel with this year and would prefer to go with someone whereas next year I'm sure I'll have someone who can come with me so I'm trying to stretch it out for as long as I can

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I also have a tablet which he doesnt know of, I dont ever use it so maybe this is the time too use it, I better get it charged! I'm so sensitive so I need to be careful, if I get hurt it will take a long time for me to recover I know that but I also cant risk loosing the chance to be happy so I'll do what I need to do,monitor social media for a while and come to a decision. Like i said I'm not rushing to meet, I wont have anyone to travel with this year and would prefer to go with someone whereas next year I'm sure I'll have someone who can come with me so I'm trying to stretch it out for as long as I can
Try to relax a little let all the info the ladies provided to you about how rats act and how they do it. The chance he is a rat is high I am afraid but who knows just be careful. Did you do a search here at the forum with his name? or watch in the media gallery there are rat foto's.

Annie-May

Rat Expert
Try to relax a little let all the info the ladies provided to you about how rats act and how they do it. The chance he is a rat is high I am afraid but who knows just be careful. Did you do a search here at the forum with his name? or watch in the media gallery there are rat foto's.
I've looked at the gallery havent seen him. How do you search the forum with his name?

pcz0202k

Junior Rat Expert
Hi and welcome

Withoutmore details I can't really offer much opinion-wise.

I have never understood why Tunisians feel the need to constantly send photos/videos as proof of what they are doing. It's not normal behaviour of an innocent man.

Giving you his password isn't what I regard as normal behaviour of an innocent man either. If someone has nothing to hide why feel the need to prove it? Usually they give the password to one account but have other accounts on the go.

Maybe he is genuine, but most aren't. Have a good read on this site and then you will have more idea about what to look out for. Fishing for women online is not a good sign though. The goal is usually for a visa or money.
Hello my husband behaved the same way in the beginning and literally and then it started and most of all after the wedding there started the biggest problems money money and then swearing and psychological terror I also thought that he is not like that but I was wrong.