Welcome to TLR

Opinions please

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
Yes, i agree Sabrina, in the UK and the US, we can do what we like! Imagine living in Tunisia, being told what you can and can't do! By some bloke and his family! I like to work and have my own money, wouldn't want to rely on some geezer to keep me!
I like to work too, if things did work between us I'd rather try and have him here first for this reason (not made this obvious to him) but if it wasnt successful then I'd have to be the one to move and I'd do that for someone I care about, I'm sure anyone would

tutusandfrogs

Major Ratslayer
Living I'm Tunisia would be tough coming from a western type of life. If he doesn't have a job, his odds of finding work that pays him well enough to support a wife and family is slim. There is a reason men live at home well into their 20s, 30s and beyond. Otherwise, men will live together with several roommates to be able to afford rent. And if they can't support themselves on their own, they will not have any chance with a Tunisian woman. My husband left to another country (again) so that he can financially support me... and it's a huge sacrifice for both of us. You can't send money out of Tunisia. As a foreigner, it'd be slim chances to find a job - if he would even allow you to work there. You would likely feel lonely and isolated.

If his goal is to leave Tunisia for a better life, then he will not ask for one penny.

Tunisian and Arab men have a preference for women to be chubby/curvy... that's why he mentioned he finds you skinny. Tell him you don't like skinny men too...and prefer muscles and that he start going to the gym.

Jane

Major Ratslayer
I like to work too, if things did work between us I'd rather try and have him here first for this reason (not made this obvious to him) but if it wasnt successful then I'd have to be the one to move and I'd do that for someone I care about, I'm sure anyone would

Last edited:

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
Hi and welcome

Withoutmore details I can't really offer much opinion-wise.

I have never understood why Tunisians feel the need to constantly send photos/videos as proof of what they are doing. It's not normal behaviour of an innocent man.

Giving you his password isn't what I regard as normal behaviour of an innocent man either. If someone has nothing to hide why feel the need to prove it? Usually they give the password to one account but have other accounts on the go.

Maybe he is genuine, but most aren't. Have a good read on this site and then you will have more idea about what to look out for. Fishing for women online is not a good sign though. The goal is usually for a visa or money.
Hi @Peacock. I can totally relate to their constant need to send photos/videos of what they are doing...as if we don’t believe them. I also found it very strange. In the beginning mine would send me loads but slowly asked me to do the same (as if he didn’t believe I was doing whatever I was doing at any given time). If I saw him online he would send me screenshots of who he was talking to, especially on WhatsApp. I would just smile since you can archive messages and just as easily send a screenshot of only the people you want me to see...such as sister, brothers, mums and dads. No such luck to be offered password details so I can check his private messages etc. Mine had several accounts, none of which he told me about...but I have no doubt if mine had given me his password details it would have been to a made up account specifically for me to see his innocence and wholesomeness. As time went on he proved to be the exact opposite. I really hope the same thing isn’t happening here. xxx

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I know of a fair few relationships between muslim and christians, people from turkey/tunisia etc and people from the uk. Some have failed and some have been such a success. I have thought about everything you have mentioned. A successful relationship is about trust,compromise and understanding and I'm willing to do that, and if he is too and is genuine then there is a chance things can work but still that chance it wouldnt
Hi @Annie-May

Are things still going well for you, are you okay?

MH x

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
Thank you for your reply, dont get me wrong I have been tempted to access his social media to put my mind at ease but i feel bad in doing that. Should i look or not, what would you do?. He recommended staying in a hotel. As for searching for a future wife on the internet , I wouldnt say it is his full intentions as he did ask if I'd rather just be friends and that if I wanted to be he would be proud to have me as a friend. He says he finds it hard at his age now to meet girls
Hi @Annie-May Welcome to the forum. I have just been reading through your thread and your friend reminds me of how my rat was in the beginning. He had told me he had converted to Christianity but had to keep it a secret from his family. I do believe he pretended to convert since he met an American man who travelled to Tunisia with a team to preach the Gospel. I saw the pics of him being baptised but I believe his plan to get into America was already in motion before we met. He went on to use that man to be a sponsor so that he could visit the US....but already knew he had no plans to leave. He friended me on Facebook back in 2014. I don’t even remember friending him but in those days I didn’t think too much about friending strangers. Most of them, himself included, were friends of Christian FB friends of mine. In the beginning we hardly chatted and he would comment on my Christian posts occasionally. After about a year he commented more frequently. At that time I didn’t even know he was Tunisian and I certainly never knew about this site or about Tunisian Rats in general. I was completely clueless. When we first started chatting in private messages he would call me “sister” and I would call him “brother”...just as Christians do. He sent me a handwritten letter and everything was about “being so blessed to have met such a wonderful sister who loves Jesus and God’s Word”. He quoted lots of Scripture and sounded so angelic and pure. I can’t remember when our names transitioned from “brother & Sister” to “honey & sweetheart”. I only know that shortly thereafter he was talking about marriage, moving to the U.K. to spend “eternity” with me and accepting my children as his own and not caring about having actual children of his own. At the time I did not realise that was a big red flag. Initially he also said we could just remain friends...or “brother & sister in Christ” but that did not last very long. Once his seemingly undetectable lovebombing had started I soon discovered that being his sister in Christ was the last thing on his mind. Mine was truly the devil in disguise. They are masters of deception and, as many ladies have said on here, know how to play the waiting game. They are very patient indeed...at least in the beginning. Please don’t be fooled by the “I’m happy for us to just be friends” line. It is all part of the same script Rats use on their victims. I really pray your friend is not a rat but if I was you I would read up as much as I could on here. If only I had found this site when I was still in contact with my rat then perhaps my eyes would have been opened before I started thinking with my heart instead of my head. Wishing you all the best and hope your story had a happier ending than most of ours did. xx

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
Hi @Annie-May Welcome to the forum. I have just been reading through your thread and your friend reminds me of how my rat was in the beginning. He had told me he had converted to Christianity but had to keep it a secret from his family. I do believe he pretended to convert since he met an American man who travelled to Tunisia with a team to preach the Gospel. I saw the pics of him being baptised but I believe his plan to get into America was already in motion before we met. He went on to use that man to be a sponsor so that he could visit the US....but already knew he had no plans to leave. He friended me on Facebook back in 2014. I don’t even remember friending him but in those days I didn’t think too much about friending strangers. Most of them, himself included, were friends of Christian FB friends of mine. In the beginning we hardly chatted and he would comment on my Christian posts occasionally. After about a year he commented more frequently. At that time I didn’t even know he was Tunisian and I certainly never knew about this site or about Tunisian Rats in general. I was completely clueless. When we first started chatting in private messages he would call me “sister” and I would call him “brother”...just as Christians do. He sent me a handwritten letter and everything was about “being so blessed to have met such a wonderful sister who loves Jesus and God’s Word”. He quoted lots of Scripture and sounded so angelic and pure. I can’t remember when our names transitioned from “brother & Sister” to “honey & sweetheart”. I only know that shortly thereafter he was talking about marriage, moving to the U.K. to spend “eternity” with me and accepting my children as his own and not caring about having actual children of his own. At the time I did not realise that was a big red flag. Initially he also said we could just remain friends...or “brother & sister in Christ” but that did not last very long. Once his seemingly undetectable lovebombing had started I soon discovered that being his sister in Christ was the last thing on his mind. Mine was truly the devil in disguise. They are masters of deception and, as many ladies have said on here, know how to play the waiting game. They are very patient indeed...at least in the beginning. Please don’t be fooled by the “I’m happy for us to just be friends” line. It is all part of the same script Rats use on their victims. I really pray your friend is not a rat but if I was you I would read up as much as I could on here. If only I had found this site when I was still in contact with my rat then perhaps my eyes would have been opened before I started thinking with my heart instead of my head. Wishing you all the best and hope your story had a happier ending than most of ours did. xx
I have read alot from here and I've taken on board everything that has been said. I dont have much to lose and havent been treated badly at all so I'm just going to continue and see where it leads, only time can show his true intentions and what will be will be

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
Wow, your rat certainly changed a lot from the wonderful so called Christian he pretended be to be in the beginning!!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Annie-May how are you? I was actually thinking of you today. Hoping you are taking in all the advice here given to you and let it sink in. I am older and I know when you are a young woman it feels really wonderful to be in love or to feel a connection with someone. Here's the thing I am worried about with you as you seem to believe he is genuine but are you sure or do you still have a nagging feeling this is to good to be true? Reading here at the forum I would be scared to meet a random tunisian via the internet as we all know decent honnest tunisian men don't do that so plse think hard and deep before you decide to go and meet him. Hugs to you and I don't want to judge you in any way it's your decision after all xxx

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
Hi @Annie-May how are you? I was actually thinking of you today. Hoping you are taking in all the advice here given to you and let it sink in. I am older and I know when you are a young woman it feels really wonderful to be in love or to feel a connection with someone. Here's the thing I am worried about with you as you seem to believe he is genuine but are you sure or do you still have a nagging feeling this is to good to be true? Reading here at the forum I would be scared to meet a random tunisian via the internet as we all know decent honnest tunisian men don't do that so plse think hard and deep before you decide to go and meet him. Hugs to you and I don't want to judge you in any way it's your decision after all xxx
Hi, thank you so much for checking up on me, it's good to know there are people here for support and advice if I need it. I am ok thank you. We are still talking, getting to know each other. I'm not rushing to meet him dont worry about that but when or if the time comes for that I will ensure it is all planned with my safety In mind. I'm not naive when it comes to love,connections and relationships, hearing nice words does not make me fall head over heels for a guy, actions speak louder than words.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi, thank you so much for checking up on me, it's good to know there are people here for support and advice if I need it. I am ok thank you. We are still talking, getting to know each other. I'm not rushing to meet him dont worry about that but when or if the time comes for that I will ensure it is all planned with my safety In mind. I'm not naive when it comes to love,connections and relationships, hearing nice words does not make me fall head over heels for a guy, actions speak louder than words.
Thank you for replying and I do hope it all goes well just be careful when you do decide to meet him. Take your own safety as a priority with staying in a hotel and I do mean also for in case you decide to have a sexual relation there to. Take your own condoms with you and keep these safe as some rats put holes in the condoms to try to have a baby. I am not saying you will have sex with him just be careful xx

Last edited:

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
Thank you for replying and I do hope it all goes well just be careful when you do decide to meet him. Take your own safety as a priority with staying in a hotel and I do mean also for in case you decide to have a sexual relation there to. Take your own condoms with you and keep these safe as some rats put holes in the condoms to try to have a baby. I am not saying you will have sex with him just be careful xx
I would 100% stay at a hotel and use the travel agents transfer from the airport to the hotel to guarantee my safety. If he is as true to his words about what he beliefs in then condoms will not be needed, plus I dont intend on having a sexual relation with someone I will have only just met face to face just like I wouldnt here
He knows my views on this. But yes I will take on board what you have said thank you

Mindful

Ratslayer
I was told to take a look at this site by a friend. I dont have any doubts at all (I havent had any negative signs)but after reading on here it makes me worry, I'm a worrier at heart so reading negative stories makes me worry even more even when I have not yet experienced anything negative.
I have been talking to a guy online for the past 8 months, we have 3 years difference in age, him being older. He seems very traditional and respectful, he has never asked for money or pictures but sends me pictures of what he is doing, Also video calls me when he is out (providing he has internet)and shows me what he is doing. He has gave me his password to access his social media and has told me I can do so whenever I wish ( I have said I will not do this and have not done so)We have talked about me visiting but he has not put any pressure on me to visit until I am ready too.
I'm just curious on what people opinions are of this guy with the information I have provided. I feel he is genuine and i do trust him by what i know of him from talking but obviously you can never fully trust someone until you meet them so I'm curious as to what other people think by what I have said.
@Annie-May hi there :) mine too offered me all his social media passwords earlier on in our relationship. I never accepted or wanted them as I knew it was part of the game . But stupidly I continued the relationship and let this trick/ red flag just slide by . Just seems like a common move of there’s

Mindful

Ratslayer
There are lots of olive trees in tunisia and many families have them. @Hayhud with olive trees they can produce olive oil or sell the olives. Each year they have to pick the olives and as far as I know family members help then
It's still a ratty thing to do to give you his password I don't know anybody who freely gives away his or hers personal information and certainly not a password to social media. So plse be careful
@Butterflies it sure is . Mine tried the same offering all his social media passwords . I knew it was part of the game

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
@Butterflies it sure is . Mine tried the same offering all his social media passwords . I knew it was part of the game
for obvious reasons I was never given passwords to any of the social media probably because the conniving rat has so many and that would give away what he was doing to me.
I can only imagine if I was given passwords I would find a deep rabbit hole!
What I never knew bothered me, kind of makes me think this POS rat was hiding a lot of secrets!
I was the big fish, and he was deceiving me with other fishes on social media!
Never understood why the ex had passwords to old empty profiles of the rat to play Farmville, what a load of BS.
I would think coming 3 times to Tunisia would have made me a better candidate to know everything about his life!
After the sham marriage I found out shortly after he was saving satellite images knowing my address to save pics of my home and my neighborhood!
When I came back to Canada I found out that he tried to login to my email, and a security alert was sent to my email saying someone was trying
to get into my email from Tunisia!
So I change passwords, I do it often!
What I did have is access to the rat's computer when I was there, so I was doing college online in 2014.
And it was a disgrace what I did find on there, you think he would put his crap in a secret folder.
No shame at all!

Last edited:

CuriousG

Senior Rat Expert
Hi @Annie-May i can't say anything about the religion it's a private choice and yes he should make you feel you don't have to choose but being said that it's difficult in a relationship or marriage as you say he is religious? But there is the contradiction as he claims to be religious why does he search on the internet for a woman who isn't Muslim? As I understand from your texts he doesnt work now he only takes care of the olive trees? So in the future it will not be easy to safe money to build the house you talked about and for him to safe money to pay for the stay in a hotel as it is his responsibility as a tunisian man to pay for it all. There are still red flags and I know you see it differently but the fact he found you on the internet, he being 33, the password : all red flags. Be careful xxx
I wanted to say something about this finding you on the internet thing because like I just don’t get it. It’s 2021 people use the internet for everything I understand like it may seem more normal for some rather than others and of course when you combine it with multiple red flags it’s like ok yea I get it dudes a rat...take for example you make a profile on an international dating site with no picture any dude that automatically try’s to connect with you without a picture is a freaking rat in my opinion I don’t know any man trying to get with a woman without knowing what she looks like seriously but I mean isn’t it possible for there to be a small shift in their culture as well? I met mines on the internet and he was there because his family member met his wife on the internet and he thought why not try but didn’t expect to find anyone. (I’ve talked to the family members wife btw I asked to be connected to her in order to feel more comfortable about things and she went through the same layers of doubt I’m going through but said she is beyond happy and of course told me to be mindful still) so like is meeting on the internet really the ultimate crime? I apologize for my continuous use of the word like lol

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I wanted to say something about this finding you on the internet thing because like I just don’t get it. It’s 2021 people use the internet for everything I understand like it may seem more normal for some rather than others and of course when you combine it with multiple red flags it’s like ok yea I get it dudes a rat...take for example you make a profile on an international dating site with no picture any dude that automatically try’s to connect with you without a picture is a freaking rat in my opinion I don’t know any man trying to get with a woman without knowing what she looks like seriously but I mean isn’t it possible for there to be a small shift in their culture as well? I met mines on the internet and he was there because his family member met his wife on the internet and he thought why not try but didn’t expect to find anyone. (I’ve talked to the family members wife btw I asked to be connected to her in order to feel more comfortable about things and she went through the same layers of doubt I’m going through but said she is beyond happy and of course told me to be mindful still) so like is meeting on the internet really the ultimate crime? I apologize for my continuous use of the word like lol
There are indeed normal relations between tunisian men or women through the internet but in my mind it's rare? We are not saying all tunisian men are rats we only give warnings and try to let the woman see what is going on with lots of these internet romances. It's very difficult to know of the tunisian is genuine with you or not as they can hide very well their true intentions. Some of these men play the game of deceit a very long time and they really don't care how you look like or how old you are. Obviously it's up to you to decide what you will do we are only providing you our knowledge of what happened in the past with us. And yes maybe younger more modern tunisian will fall in love but always be aware most of them fall back to their traditions when they get older. Just be careful

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
It’s not a crime as long as the person Iin Africa ( in my case) does not lie and try to rob you freakin blind

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
There are indeed normal relations between tunisian men or women through the internet but in my mind it's rare? We are not saying all tunisian men are rats we only give warnings and try to let the woman see what is going on with lots of these internet romances. It's very difficult to know of the tunisian is genuine with you or not as they can hide very well their true intentions. Some of these men play the game of deceit a very long time and they really don't care how you look like or how old you are. Obviously it's up to you to decide what you will do we are only providing you our knowledge of what happened in the past with us. And yes maybe younger more modern tunisian will fall in love but always be aware most of them fall back to their traditions when they get older. Just be careful
True and why would someone come here if they have no clue or are so confident in the man??

CuriousG

Senior Rat Expert
True and why would someone come here if they have no clue or are so confident in the man??
Girl let’s talks about this on a very real and transparent level. All I was trying to do was learn more about his culture. I mean I just met this cute guy online that I’m kind of feeling let me learn a little something something to impress him you know lol (we’ve all been there! Don’t judge me lol) TLR Is like the first site that popped up on Google! All I was trying to do was learn more about his culture maybe how to say hey cutie in Arabic and I fell into this site and was like OMG! The way I was clutching my pearls as all the tea was spilt around me! Instead of learning like the nations flower or anthem instead I found a world of pain and warnings and any confidence I had rapidly deteriorated. So I say TLR Is a gift and a curse lol some men are genuine shit some men are fucking assholes but it’s a gamble you take everywhere but when there’s a site ripping into a certain group of men it’s kind of like wtf am I thinking! I’m still trying to figure out if mines is despite my gut telling me he is it’s the doubt for me. Once you let a little bit of doubt creep in that thing is harder to get rid of then bed bugs. Also I’m Caribbean there are island men marrying for a visa to so I mean it’s not a foreign concept to me all I’m saying is if you using me for a visa break me off a little bread and we all good lol (I hope by now you all understand that I can’t take life seriously and I’m always cracking jokes lol)

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Girl let’s talks about this on a very real and transparent level. All I was trying to do was learn more about his culture. I mean I just met this cute guy online that I’m kind of feeling let me learn a little something something to impress him you know lol (we’ve all been there! Don’t judge me lol) TLR Is like the first site that popped up on Google! All I was trying to do was learn more about his culture maybe how to say hey cutie in Arabic and I fell into this site and was like OMG! The way I was clutching my pearls as all the tea was spilt around me! Instead of learning like the nations flower or anthem instead I found a world of pain and warnings and any confidence I had rapidly deteriorated. So I say TLR Is a gift and a curse lol some men are genuine shit some men are fucking assholes but it’s a gamble you take everywhere but when there’s a site ripping into a certain group of men it’s kind of like wtf am I thinking! I’m still trying to figure out if mines is despite my gut telling me he is it’s the doubt for me. Once you let a little bit of doubt creep in that thing is harder to get rid of then bed bugs. Also I’m Caribbean there are island men marrying for a visa to so I mean it’s not a foreign concept to me all I’m saying is if you using me for a visa break me off a little bread and we all good lol (I hope by now you all understand that I can’t take life seriously and I’m always cracking jokes lol)y
I would be more open to a man being honest and saying hey let’s work on me a visa and he will pay for everything... just to get him out of his country rather then someone lying and trying to get all the money he can out of you this is what is experienced here and I am probably one of few that they didn’t get a lot from but why the hell ya gotta lie??? I hate a lie and a fake person so I really hope yours is ok not like these m.f.r’s you read about here

Last edited:

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Girl let’s talks about this on a very real and transparent level. All I was trying to do was learn more about his culture. I mean I just met this cute guy online that I’m kind of feeling let me learn a little something something to impress him you know lol (we’ve all been there! Don’t judge me lol) TLR Is like the first site that popped up on Google! All I was trying to do was learn more about his culture maybe how to say hey cutie in Arabic and I fell into this site and was like OMG! The way I was clutching my pearls as all the tea was spilt around me! Instead of learning like the nations flower or anthem instead I found a world of pain and warnings and any confidence I had rapidly deteriorated. So I say TLR Is a gift and a curse lol some men are genuine shit some men are fucking assholes but it’s a gamble you take everywhere but when there’s a site ripping into a certain group of men it’s kind of like wtf am I thinking! I’m still trying to figure out if mines is despite my gut telling me he is it’s the doubt for me. Once you let a little bit of doubt creep in that thing is harder to get rid of then bed bugs. Also I’m Caribbean there are island men marrying for a visa to so I mean it’s not a foreign concept to me all I’m saying is if you using me for a visa break me off a little bread and we all good lol (I hope by now you all understand that I can’t take life seriously and I’m always cracking jokes lol)
So I say TLR Is a gift and a curse lol some men are genuine shit some men are fucking assholes but it’s a gamble you take everywhere but when there’s a site ripping into a certain group of men it’s kind of like wtf am I thinking! I’m still trying to figure out if mines is despite my gut telling me he is it’s the doubt for me.
Give it time @CuriousG, but don't say we are ripping into a certain group of men.
I gave my Tunisian man 8 years, sure a few good times, but I got to know him before marrying in a sham marriage.
The rats can last for years before they show their true colors, and I am not ripping into him, I am describing him.
And this is a support group, its great that you are trying to find out their culture and about the language.
I know some Arabic by watching YouTube videos and learning about the culture before I went.
These are not ordinary men ok!
You are right it is a gamble, but I found for myself better to gamble on my own turf then travel and be disappointed after.
Who knows how long this pandemic will be anyways.
I wish you the best and hope, pray that he is different for your sake!

CuriousG

Senior Rat Expert
Give it time @CuriousG, but don't say we are ripping into a certain group of men.
I gave my Tunisian man 8 years, sure a few good times, but I got to know him before marrying in a sham marriage.
The rats can last for years before they show their true colors, and I am not ripping into him, I am describing him.
And this is a support group, its great that you are trying to find out their culture and about the language.
I know some Arabic by watching YouTube videos and learning about the culture before I went.
These are not ordinary men ok!
You are right it is a gamble, but I found for myself better to gamble on my own turf then travel and be disappointed after.
Who knows how long this pandemic will be anyways.
I wish you the best and hope, pray that he is different for your sake!
Ripping isn’t to make them sound like the victims so forgive my word choice I understand the purpose of this site and believe it is necessary(the gift) but for someone not looking for it it’s kind of the ultimate mind fuck(the curse) lol 8 years! Nah he has to pay me back in blood after that lol

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Ripping isn’t to make them sound like the victims so forgive my word choice I understand the purpose of this site and believe it is necessary(the gift) but for someone not looking for it it’s kind of the ultimate mind fuck(the curse) lol 8 years! Nah he has to pay me back in blood after that lol
Exactly how I feel, mind f&&ked is my experience with a Tunisian rat!
It is hard to describe all of this that happened to me to someone who is outside looking in but to those from the inside looking in
like this support group it is a gift!
Yes, he should repay me for so much more, but the hassle to get justice is not worth it!
I am not totally healed from the experience yet, I get counselling still.
I can find another man, to find a good one requires patience.
And that good man deserves that I am totally over this!

Last edited:

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I completely understand the reason you are overwhelmed by all the stories here at the forum. Here at the forum are women (Muslims and not Muslims) married to a tunisian man. Here are also women and men living there in tunisia and they see first hand how these rats act with the women who come visit them in tunisia. Here we call them rats as they are proven rats to be called that way. We are not talking about genuine honnest tunisian men. You know how the Caribbean men try to scam women for a visa but they are not Muslim as far as I know? It's a completely different culture in tunisia as a Muslim country.