Welcome to TLR

Opinions please

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I completely understand the reason you are overwhelmed by all the stories here at the forum. Here at the forum are women (Muslims and not Muslims) married to a tunisian man. Here are also women and men living there in tunisia and they see first hand how these rats act with the women who come visit them in tunisia. Here we call them rats as they are proven rats to be called that way. We are not talking about genuine honnest tunisian men. You know how the Caribbean men try to scam women for a visa but they are not Muslim as far as I know? It's a completely different culture in tunisia as a Muslim country.
These scumbags have earned the name rat!

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Hi, yes he is tunisian. He is currently planting and looking after the familys olive trees. Apparently when younger he worked in a few hotels (one being a relatives, if I remember right) but he hated that work. He then had a shop but due to circumstances closed. I've tried to search about other possible accounts but have not found any (he assures me he just has one facebook account). As for visiting he has spoken about who would pay and said if I visit this year he wouldnt be able to pay but next year and any other years after he would be able to
HI @Annie-May welcome dear, you said he’s planting and looking after the family olive trees , well basically he’s trying to tell you his family owns land and he got money!! Mmmm
To me it sounds like he’s a worker on an olive plantation, most of them are, it’s a good job and plenty of fresh air.
Then is the “shop”, and it’s closed mmm.
Please be careful as I detect a few fibs here, don’t get emotionally involved with this guy , find out who he is .
As for you to visit him, well according to “his family olive trees plantation “ he will have no problem paying for you to visit him.
All the best to you and stay safe x

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
He sounds to me he is trying to hard to get your trust or very experienced already at what we have experienced be careful, the messages he’s showing you in arabic could be anything or anyone
@Sabrina omg you’re spot on!!
They get your trust then your mind and obviously your love
After that you’re all f**ked up because when they get what they want from you it’s bye bye.
Specially when it comes to the routine for video chats, phone call, loving words every single day but ALL OF A SUDDEN..... NOTHING
I hope Annie is really taking on board all our advice from experience x

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
HI @Annie-May welcome dear, you said he’s planting and looking after the family olive trees , well basically he’s trying to tell you his family owns land and he got money!! Mmmm
To me it sounds like he’s a worker on an olive plantation, most of them are, it’s a good job and plenty of fresh air.
Then is the “shop”, and it’s closed mmm.
Please be careful as I detect a few fibs here, don’t get emotionally involved with this guy , find out who he is .
As for you to visit him, well according to “his family olive trees plantation “ he will have no problem paying for you to visit him.
All the best to you and stay safe x
Hi, just to clarify yes His mother has land with olive trees. I know alot of them do have them.He tends to them for his mother. As for the shop, he does not have it anymore, that was quite a few years ago.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
my rat never gave a password, from the first days of meeting I was blocked. as I found out later he had 3 or 4 profiles Facebook....
my rat never gave a password neither, block and unblock depending on his mood and later I found 20 profiles on Facebook that were his and an unknown huge number of fake profiles that were his on tagged.com
I guess as the rats age in their late 40's they become experts, but still no takers for my ex-rat
Don't see him escaping his life in Tunisia LOL

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
I wanted to say something about this finding you on the internet thing because like I just don’t get it. It’s 2021 people use the internet for everything I understand like it may seem more normal for some rather than others and of course when you combine it with multiple red flags it’s like ok yea I get it dudes a rat...take for example you make a profile on an international dating site with no picture any dude that automatically try’s to connect with you without a picture is a freaking rat in my opinion I don’t know any man trying to get with a woman without knowing what she looks like seriously but I mean isn’t it possible for there to be a small shift in their culture as well? I met mines on the internet and he was there because his family member met his wife on the internet and he thought why not try but didn’t expect to find anyone. (I’ve talked to the family members wife btw I asked to be connected to her in order to feel more comfortable about things and she went through the same layers of doubt I’m going through but said she is beyond happy and of course told me to be mindful still) so like is meeting on the internet really the ultimate crime? I apologize for my continuous use of the word like lol
I get what you’re saying and it’s great to have a positive attitude, but with regards to online dating I would say that “as a rule” there’s a higher percentage of men that are up to no good.... and that includes western/euro men. It’s just a lot easier for them to lead double lives online, or to seek out vulnerable women. Many are already taken but like the convenience of being able to compartmentalise. It’s also a cultural thing in that traditional marriages are usually arranged in person rather than online. It’s just something to be a little extra cautious about.

Jerks do indeed come in many guises, but with North African jerks they seem to have a knack for playing the “long game”. They understand women very well and know what makes us tick, so by the time we’ve already sussed them out we’re chemically addicted to them and can’t let go. But, everyone has their own journey in life and all I can say is actions over words. Most are all fur coat and no knickers lol. You really have to pick him apart. Every man knows what he wants in life and the end goal. And with MENA men they will only respect a woman that their mother genuinely likes, and one that keeps to herself.

Last edited:

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
Another way these relationships break down is lack of understanding and miscommunication. In the beginning, or the honeymoon phase, the differences are a turn on. And it’s exciting to get to know someone completely different. For example, for some the sex might be a mind blowing experience (that’s up for debate and most of us will say the opposite lol) but when you take all that away there’s no common ground. If one of you have a ton of pet peeves about each other it won’t work out. The differences you once admired turn into a source of resentment.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
my rat never gave a password neither, block and unblock depending on his mood and later I found 20 profiles on Facebook that were his and an unknown huge number of fake profiles that were his on tagged.com
I guess as the rats age in their late 40's they become experts, but still no takers for my ex-rat
Don't see him escaping his life in Tunisia LOL
How on earth can someone manage 20 different profiles on Facebook?! It shows that Bezness is really like a full time job to rats. They dedicate their entire days working on scamming. It’s their life career. What deviant minds.

March

Senior Rat Expert
Z
моя крыса так и не дала пароль, с первых дней встречи меня заблокировали. как я узнал позже, у него было 3 или 4 профиля в Фейсбуке ....

Why were you blocked? What a bad way to start a relationship! He didn’t want you to see all the other victims with their❤️On posts.... jerk
yes he was afraid that I would see many women from other countries, he was afraid that I would write to them

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Z

yes he was afraid that I would see many women from other countries, he was afraid that I would write to them
What a snake! That’s how I found out about a woman mine was talking to, I saw he❤️Some of her posts and she back (gag) so I messaged her and asked if she was talking to him? Yep she sure was and sending him money, of course she denied sending money,she showed me a conversation he said (the usual) I love you so much:) they are all the same dirty lying rats

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Did he send love songs/videos to her like my ex-rat did?
Making long distance calls frequently or Facebook messenger videos!
Romantic messages and posts, I think the whole nine yards
and what a fool for all it got him LOL
How about how quick the rats show their zibis?
My ex=rat would do that day one just after meeting her online
and the dirty vile rat saved it!
I saw it the first time I was there.
What snakes in the grass these rats are!
I mean just disgusting behaviour!
So glad he is out of my life!

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yes they are I saw all I wanted to see and heard all I wanted to hear she was just another victim I guess

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yours beats em all he was really some kind of special :Evil:

PaWaa

Rat Expert
Nowadays tunisian men get married later, exacty about 30. Some even closer to 35. When they are ready with the house and all that.
They can be engaged for years, but engagement is still not a marrige:)
And girls also, I would say 25 y.o. average age of brides.
This man who we are talking about in this thread seems to be a common farmer, not like he is absolutely jobless.
What website did @Annie-May meet him? FB or some dating chat maybe?

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
Nowadays tunisian men get married later, exacty about 30. Some even closer to 35. When they are ready with the house and all that.
They can be engaged for years, but engagement is still not a marrige:)
And girls also, I would say 25 y.o. average age of brides.
This man who we are talking about in this thread seems to be a common farmer, not like he is absolutely jobless.
What website did @Annie-May meet him? FB or some dating chat maybe?
He has also in the past grown wheat and peppers but financially cant afford to do that aswell as the tomatoes this year. We met through facebook. Yes I see 30-35 is a common age for them to get married, he said most of his friends are married and the last few will be married this summer. He has also stated that he wouldnt think about a relationship with anyone either more than 5 years younger or older than him but would prefer the girl to be younger than him not older

needhelp

Hi Annie-May, how are you now that some weeks have gone by?
The thing that is rather unsettling is, that he is going on facebook to search for a bride in a different country. This alone is questionable because Tunisien Men have to satisfy their family, especially their mother. Western women are not considered serious marriage material to them, for a lot of reasons, especially religious ones. Western women are considered impure and basically sluts by Tunisians. They are only accepted if the men can make some money through them. The old story is that if you go there, he will bring you to his family, that you see how poorly they live. And they will all be so delighted to see you and call you sister and daughter although you see them for the first time. And you will feel so welcome. The problem is, it's all a scam, they are all in it and try to make the son believable.
And then you are emotionally so deep in, because he will compliment you, make you romantic dinners with rose petals and makes sure that your room will be decorated with towel swans etc. by his mates who work there as staff, that you can not get out quick enough because it's all so lovely and you don't want to doubt somebody who is so different. You will be convinced that he is not a rat and different than others, it's the old syndrome that most of the victims had before they found out the truth.
And if you think about it, that no matter what you have talked about so far (and I assume there was nothing sexual as you wrote before you are not like that),
he is basically a stranger to you. And this stranger, talks about how you should behave because you are going to bear his children?
Would a western man say things like that to you via the internet, without really knowing you personally, and without you thinking he is a creep?
Same goes for the passwords. Would you offer your password to a stranger on the internet? Why would a person even think of that? Someone who has a clean conscience wouldn't even think about passwords. Only someone who either reflects his own wrongdoing or someone who made a plan beforehand what he could tell you to make you feel safe with him. I can recommend this page to you, read the complete page thoroughly that you know what the rules are for tunisians and what they say if they want to scam western women. https://www.tunisia-love.com/phrases-of-tunisians.htm
Honestly, as an outsider, he seems very suspicious to me.

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
Hi Annie-May, how are you now that some weeks have gone by?
The thing that is rather unsettling is, that he is going on facebook to search for a bride in a different country. This alone is questionable because Tunisien Men have to satisfy their family, especially their mother. Western women are not considered serious marriage material to them, for a lot of reasons, especially religious ones. Western women are considered impure and basically sluts by Tunisians. They are only accepted if the men can make some money through them. The old story is that if you go there, he will bring you to his family, that you see how poorly they live. And they will all be so delighted to see you and call you sister and daughter although you see them for the first time. And you will feel so welcome. The problem is, it's all a scam, they are all in it and try to make the son believable.
And then you are emotionally so deep in, because he will compliment you, make you romantic dinners with rose petals and makes sure that your room will be decorated with towel swans etc. by his mates who work there as staff, that you can not get out quick enough because it's all so lovely and you don't want to doubt somebody who is so different. You will be convinced that he is not a rat and different than others, it's the old syndrome that most of the victims had before they found out the truth.
And if you think about it, that no matter what you have talked about so far (and I assume there was nothing sexual as you wrote before you are not like that),
he is basically a stranger to you. And this stranger, talks about how you should behave because you are going to bear his children?
Would a western man say things like that to you via the internet, without really knowing you personally, and without you thinking he is a creep?
Same goes for the passwords. Would you offer your password to a stranger on the internet? Why would a person even think of that? Someone who has a clean conscience wouldn't even think about passwords. Only someone who either reflects his own wrongdoing or someone who made a plan beforehand what he could tell you to make you feel safe with him. I can recommend this page to you, read the complete page thoroughly that you know what the rules are for tunisians and what they say if they want to scam western women. https://www.tunisia-love.com/phrases-of-tunisians.htm
Honestly, as an outsider, he seems very suspicious to me.
Hi, thank you for seeing how I am. I am doing ok thank you. We are still talking, still learning new things about him.
We have talked about how things would happen if I travel to meet him. I've made clear what I would and wouldnt do and what I expect. I would not want to meet his mother on our first meeting just as I would not meet the parents of a guy here on the first meeting. I've said I would prefer to stay within the area that we plan to meet and not travel out on my first time over there. I'm still not rushing to travel, especially with everything so uncertain at the moment still, I'd prefer not to travel anywhere abroad this year,so what will be will be.
Looking at the link you sent me, I'm sure I have seen that page before but i will definitely take another look thank you.

Last edited:

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Hi, thank you for seeing how I am. I am doing ok thank you. We are still talking, still learning new things about him.
We have talked about how things would happen if I travel to meet him. I've made clear what I would and wouldnt do and what I expect. I would not want to meet his mother on our first meeting just as I would not meet the parents of a guy here on the first meeting. I've said I would prefer to stay within the area that we plan to meet and not travel out on my first time over there. I'm still not rushing to travel, especially with everything so uncertain at the moment still, I'd prefer not to travel anywhere abroad this year,so what will be will be.
Looking at the link you sent me, I'm sure I have seen that page before but i will definitely take another look thank you.
Hi Annie-May it’s good you’re ok.
If you are planning to travel to Tunisia again to meet this guy make sure you go on a inclusive holiday, it’s safer and you can have your meeting with him , I suppose if you do that he will be a expecting for you to book a room at the hotel for him?
My suggestion is don’t because as far as he will concern your standards will be lower.
Do be careful, don’t make it too easy for him, meet him for coffee outside the hotel, be careful with going to disco because if you drink he will get you drunk.
I will be going to Tunisia next year when I hope things will be better, but I’m not going to meet anyone, it will be a treat for Me ;)
Once again stay safe and don’t make it too easy for him xx

Annie-May

Senior Rat Expert
Hi Annie-May it’s good you’re ok.
If you are planning to travel to Tunisia again to meet this guy make sure you go on a inclusive holiday, it’s safer and you can have your meeting with him , I suppose if you do that he will be a expecting for you to book a room at the hotel for him?
My suggestion is don’t because as far as he will concern your standards will be lower.
Do be careful, don’t make it too easy for him, meet him for coffee outside the hotel, be careful with going to disco because if you drink he will get you drunk.
I will be going to Tunisia next year when I hope things will be better, but I’m not going to meet anyone, it will be a treat for Me ;)
Once again stay safe and don’t make it too easy for him xx
Hi, thank you for your advice. Yes I would definitely go as an inclusive holiday not only for my safety and wellbeing whilst there but also to and from the airport using the transfer included. We have talked briefly about how we would meet but would need to discuss in more detail and come to an agreement, I have already made it clear I would not rent and apartment, so the options are for him to stay in or near the hotel I decided to stay at or he will have to travel from his home then travel back, which will mean not meeting everyday. I'm trying to hold out travelling for as long as I can, I'd rather not have the hassle of the ever changing restrictions like right now.

Discos and partying is not my sort of thing never has been, I'm old before my time! As for drinking I rarely drink, maybe once or twice a year if that so there's no chance of me getting drunk, I'll be of sound mine at all times :D

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Hi, thank you for your advice. Yes I would definitely go as an inclusive holiday not only for my safety and wellbeing whilst there but also to and from the airport using the transfer included. We have talked briefly about how we would meet but would need to discuss in more detail and come to an agreement, I have already made it clear I would not rent and apartment, so the options are for him to stay in or near the hotel I decided to stay at or he will have to travel from his home then travel back, which will mean not meeting everyday. I'm trying to hold out travelling for as long as I can, I'd rather not have the hassle of the ever changing restrictions like right now.

Discos and partying is not my sort of thing never has been, I'm old before my time! As for drinking I rarely drink, maybe once or twice a year if that so there's no chance of me getting drunk, I'll be of sound mine at all times :D
Oh Annie-May great stuff and yes you seem to be taking things easy and that’s a good sign.
Remember you will be on holidays when the time comes and like many of us have done is to “let our hair down”? ;)
Just relax and enjoy your ME TIME... I’ll do the same when the time comes :D

Britishgirl2015

Literally the only thing that is worrying me a little is that I net him online and after reading on here there seems to be alot of negative things about meeting online
Not every Tunisian you meet online is bad hun, these women say this who have had a bad relationship. But there's some couples who have met online and have had good and honest relationships. So don't let this put you off x

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Not every Tunisian you meet online is bad hun, these women say this who have had a bad relationship. But there's some couples who have met online and have had good and honest relationships. So don't let this put you off x
I had a relationship with a Tunisian rat for 6 years, and I wasn't the bad one in it.
Its no ordinary relationship like a couple who just had a rift, its a lot more than that!
There are many members on here who have suffered because of their scamming.
What is the percentage of Tunisian rats that really make it with a foreign woman?
It is most of the Tunisian rats that search out for foreign women online because they want to get out of Tunisia and come back
to marry their virgin Tunisian bride!
Not many, so if we tell someone the truth, we are not bitter or jealous, we are just women who have been through the experience.
So tell me if I am wrong but I think I have enough experience!

Last edited:

Britishgirl2015

I had a relationship with a Tunisian rat for 6 years, and I wasn't the bad one in it.
Its no ordinary relationship like a couple who just had a rift, its a lot more than that!
There are many members on here who have suffered because of their scamming.
What is the percentage of Tunisian rats that really make it with a foreign woman?
Not many, so if we tell someone the truth, we are not bitter or jealous, we are just women who have been through the experience.
So tell me if I am wrong but I think I have enough experience!
I'm not saying any women is bad in the relationship, or that you all bitter and jealous. What I'm saying the women on here have had bad experiences with Tunisians. So they are going too say negative things about online relationship. I'm not judging at all as I was in a bad relationship in the past with a Tunisian who I met out there, so get it. But I know a good few couples who have a great relationship with Tunisians who they meet online, myself included. So all I'm saying not every relationship with a Tunisian you meet online is doomed x

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
That's great I am sure it is a small percentage that work out.
But these men are not all good Tunisians that you meet online.
You were lucky and I am happy for you.
But if someone comes on here asking for advice because they see so many red flags, am I going to tell them it will work out?
No, I just give my honest opinion and they can choose what they want.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Not every Tunisian you meet online is bad hun,
No, not every Tunisian you meet online is bad but the percentage of serious ones talking to foreign ladies is pretty small.
It’s quite rare that good Muslim Tunisian men who look for marriage are going to jump on the net and talk to non Muslim women from another country. There are many young women of their faith in Tunisia looking to get married too so why would they seek for a wife from a foreign country when they can easily find one locally?

Last edited:

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
I'm not saying any women is bad in the relationship, or that you all bitter and jealous. What I'm saying the women on here have had bad experiences with Tunisians. So they are going too say negative things about online relationship. I'm not judging at all as I was in a bad relationship in the past with a Tunisian who I met out there, so get it. But I know a good few couples who have a great relationship with Tunisians who they meet online, myself included. So all I'm saying not every relationship with a Tunisian you meet online is doomed x
This page is dedicated to Tunisian Love Rats, I agree with you that there are always the exception Bitishgirl2015 however when you read the experiences which incidentally there are more bad ones than good ones, is to point out to those ladies who have been scammed by these love rats.
We’re also reading of ladies who have Tunisians husbands and they’re doing ok and we love to read their experiences also.
Having a long distance relationship is not easy and a lot of trust is involved.
You have seen both side of the coin and we’ll love to read your experiences x

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
.....What I'm saying the women on here have had bad experiences with Tunisians. So they are going too say negative things about online relationship....

Not all members here have had bad experience. Some of us live in Tunisia and understand the culture. We wittness bezness happening on an almost daily basis and we can see red flags where another person might not.

Yes, I had a brief (in comparrison to many others) bezness relationship (not on line) that bought me to this site and also ultimately led me to live in Tunisia. But I have since been in a wonderful relationship with a Tunisian for many years.

In general members do not say negative things about 'a relationship' but rather point out red flags.

Forming relationships with foreign women online is a huge red flag because it strongly goes against their culture. This doesn't mean that all online relationships are bezness, there are rare exceptions, but it is a red flag nonetheless. Combine that with other red flags and it's probably bezness.