Welcome to TLR

Opinions please

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Sabrina if I couldn’t cope with being nice to him my only option will be BLOCK, some ppl just don’t get the message pffff.
He can press your buttons and that’s kindness.
Xx

Ps: he doesn’t want friendship, we already know these rats prefer their own friends, he is NOT your friend xx
Ya know really there is no being nice to them they mistake it for feelings I know all that you ladies say is absolutely correct !!! I will have to deal with it sooner then later for sure …. I feel I’m leading him on , but I’m his mind he’s winning…hmmmmm NO

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
I was told to take a look at this site by a friend. I dont have any doubts at all (I havent had any negative signs)but after reading on here it makes me worry, I'm a worrier at heart so reading negative stories makes me worry even more even when I have not yet experienced anything negative.
I have been talking to a guy online for the past 8 months, we have 3 years difference in age, him being older. He seems very traditional and respectful, he has never asked for money or pictures but sends me pictures of what he is doing, Also video calls me when he is out (providing he has internet)and shows me what he is doing. He has gave me his password to access his social media and has told me I can do so whenever I wish ( I have said I will not do this and have not done so)We have talked about me visiting but he has not put any pressure on me to visit until I am ready too.
I'm just curious on what people opinions are of this guy with the information I have provided. I feel he is genuine and i do trust him by what i know of him from talking but obviously you can never fully trust someone until you meet them so I'm curious as to what other people think by what I have said.
Hi. Trust is everything. Without it you will live your life with him in misery. Always wondering if he’s genuine. After my experience I wouldn’t trust a Tunisian man as far as I could throw him. My advise to you would be get out fast before you get sucked it by all the lies and deceit. Their true love is money . Not forgetting a visa. He’s biding his time, luring you in. Believe me . It will all end in tears. Lots of tears. Run for the hills. Don’t be a fool like I was. I’ve waited almost 4 years. Cancelled two trips to marry him . I just felt something wasn’t quite right. Always that niggle at the back of my mind .Always too many ‘ What Ifs’
He will manipulate you in to feeling sorry for him. You will hear all about the hardship he is having to endure because of the
problems in Tunisian. Especially all the economic ones. I’m almost sure he will ask you for money. May be a little at first. Then gradually more and more. Eventually you will have sleepless nights with all the stress and worry . You will cry in to your pillow. The fact that you are coming on to this forum with your concerns must tell you something.You already have your suspicions.
Please. Don’t put yourself through it . He’s not worth it.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi. Trust is everything. Without it you will live your life with him in misery. Always wondering if he’s genuine. After my experience I wouldn’t trust a Tunisian man as far as I could throw him. My advise to you would be get out fast before you get sucked it by all the lies and deceit. Their true love is money . Not forgetting a visa. He’s biding his time, luring you in. Believe me . It will all end in tears. Lots of tears. Run for the hills. Don’t be a fool like I was. I’ve waited almost 4 years. Cancelled two trips to marry him . I just felt something wasn’t quite right. Always that niggle at the back of my mind .Always too many ‘ What Ifs’
He will manipulate you in to feeling sorry for him. You will hear all about the hardship he is having to endure because of the
problems in Tunisian. Especially all the economic ones. I’m almost sure he will ask you for money. May be a little at first. Then gradually more and more. Eventually you will have sleepless nights with all the stress and worry . You will cry in to your pillow. The fact that you are coming on to this forum with your concerns must tell you something.You already have your suspicions.
Please. Don’t put yourself through it . He’s not worth it.
All the time you waist on a rat is lost time and it will never come again. It's their internet job. Lying and scamming their way to your heart. They are ruthless and use every trick of the rat book to get what they want. It's heartbreaking and it hurts in every fiber of your heart to know this sweet caring man was all lies......Hold your head up high @I'm not a believer your heart will heal it was a long journey with your rat.... It will keep hurting for a while untill it's sinks in you escaped a life with a rat. Better days are coming for you. Hugs to you xxxx

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
Hi Annie-May, welcome x
In my opinion, him giving you his passwords to his socials is not normal. It looks like he’s trying to already prove to you that he can be trusted. Unfortunately could it be part of his act? I would also be concerned at the fact you met online, the outcome for your relationship is to get married & for him to come & live with you in your country & unfortunately he already knows this. I know it’s not what you want to hear and that you feel he is genuine. We have all been in your situation or similar ones, but my advice to you would be very cautious regardless if he doesn’t do the obvious, like asking for money etc. Some really do know how to make you feel they are different from the others & 9/10 in reality they are not & we live & learn the hard way. Everyone here will be able to support you & give you their advice x
My rat offered his password to his Facebook within a couple of weeks of knowing him. 2 years on when I asked for his password he said No. “ why don’t you trust me ” he said. The clue as to why I didn’t trust him was because of all the really old love songs he sent me. Paul Anka, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey , Engelbert Humberdink. All singers my parents liked .
All a big clue don’t you think? His plan to woo older woman. Or music older woman had sent to him. It makes me cringe everything I think about it. Especially as he was only 32 when we first met?!

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
My rat offered his password to his Facebook within a couple of weeks of knowing him. 2 years on when I asked for his password he said No. “ why don’t you trust me ” he said. The clue as to why I didn’t trust him was because of all the really old love songs he sent me. Paul Anka, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey , Engelbert Humberdink. All singers my parents liked .
All a big clue don’t you think? His plan to woo older woman. Or music older woman had sent to him. It makes me cringe everything I think about it. Especially as he was only 32 when we first met?!
My grandmother loves engelbert, I’ve been “ lucky” enough to accompany her to 2 of his concerts years ago… hhhh. For me that is a dead give away that these losers do homework, I mean in this part of the world nobody knows these singers

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Ooh you have heard songs from Tom Jones and Engelbert… just didn’t know their names… wallah when I hear “what’s new pussycat” I die of laughter….
Hmm.. if I had, I wouldn’t know. And believe me, if I had heard the name “Engelbert Humberdink” before, I’d remember it! I mean, this name sounds like it came straight out of a comedy show.

Last edited:

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
That's so funny ,my girlfriends and I took our mums to see Shirley Bassey in Concert as a mothers day surprise years ago, she was amazing :thumbsup: and have to admit she's now a guilty pleasure - Goldfinger when i'm doing house chores - she's the best:D

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Hmm.. if I had, I wouldn’t know. And believe me, if I had heard the name “Engelbert Humberdink” before, I’d remember it! I mean, this name sounds like it came straight out of a comedy show.
The song will smiths cousin is always dancing to on fresh prince… Tom Jones. I can’t take my eyes off of you… engelbert…. Hhhhhh ayyy the name!!! When I took my grandmother to see him all the older women were just dying from love, my grandmother actually told me “ go to the stage since you are young he will give you his handkerchief “…… yes handkerchief!!!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
The song will smiths cousin is always dancing to on fresh prince… Tom Jones. I can’t take my eyes off of you… engelbert…. Hhhhhh ayyy the name!!! When I took my grandmother to see him all the older women were just dying from love, my grandmother actually told me “ go to the stage since you are young he will give you his handkerchief “…… yes handkerchief!!!
I think Tom Jones has a huge pile of underwear at home from all the ladies who threw it at him when he was on stage :D

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Arnold George Dorsey MBE, known professionally as Engelbert Humperdinck

Shaz001

Junior Rat Expert
I was told to take a look at this site by a friend. I dont have any doubts at all (I havent had any negative signs)but after reading on here it makes me worry, I'm a worrier at heart so reading negative stories makes me worry even more even when I have not yet experienced anything negative.
I have been talking to a guy online for the past 8 months, we have 3 years difference in age, him being older. He seems very traditional and respectful, he has never asked for money or pictures but sends me pictures of what he is doing, Also video calls me when he is out (providing he has internet)and shows me what he is doing. He has gave me his password to access his social media and has told me I can do so whenever I wish ( I have said I will not do this and have not done so)We have talked about me visiting but he has not put any pressure on me to visit until I am ready too.
I'm just curious on what people opinions are of this guy with the information I have provided. I feel he is genuine and i do trust him by what i know of him from talking but obviously you can never fully trust someone until you meet them so I'm curious as to what other people think by what I have said.
I'm heart broken atm and this post relates 100% to my situation at the start. Please please be careful

Jane

Major Ratslayer
I’m older that this rat but I am not familiar with any of these names -and I’m interested in music- except for Paul Anka , heard the name but that’s it.
These rats are so fake.
You haven’t heard of Tom Jones ?? He’s a real legend and still very much active on tv ( wasn’t he a judge on “The voice “?)
And it has to be said , every bit as handsome at 80 as he was at 30
And Shirley Bassey .. gold finger … ( maybe you’re not a James Bond fan)

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
You haven’t heard of Tom Jones ?? He’s a real legend and still very much active on tv ( wasn’t he a judge on “The voice “?)
And it has to be said , every bit as handsome at 80 as he was at 30
And Shirley Bassey .. gold finger … ( maybe you’re not a James Bond fan)
Nope, never heard of him nor or Shirley Bassey. I looked up their biography and I understand they are international stars but being from Great Britain, it’s possible they were played more or talked about more there than in my country. Not the style of music my generation listened, that may explain too. I didn’t watch the Voice UK or Goldfinger. My loss I guess because it seems they are very talented singers or actors.