Welcome to TLR

Picking Up the Pieces

Scottish Lassie

Major Ratslayer
Hi @Scottish Lassie

How are you doing, are you coping with the continued lockdown, are you okay?

Hugs

MH x
Hi dear @MH007 So lovely to hear from you. You guys keep me going as the lockdown really plays on the mind and isn’t nice at all. My office along with several other regional offices around the U.K. have been closed since mid March 2020. There is a possibility the offices will be opening in April depending on how well the vaccine and current lockdown help decrease the number of COVID infections, deaths and hospitalisation of those in a serious condition. We are busy preparing the office to be COVID compliant for when staff do return. If nothing else it keeps my mind of my Rat. The lockdown and pandemic in general still hasn’t messed my mind up as much as he did but I will be very happy when things return to some normality. Visiting friends and family are out of the question and even at the office we wear masks the entire day. By the end of the day I am so happy to take off that mask when I leave the office building. At least the intermittent snow also puts a smile on my face. It has just been busy and I try to keep myself positive. How have you been keeping and has the lockdown affected you at all?

Hugs,

ScottishLassie xxx

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Hi dear @MH007 So lovely to hear from you. You guys keep me going as the lockdown really plays on the mind and isn’t nice at all. My office along with several other regional offices around the U.K. have been closed since mid March 2020. There is a possibility the offices will be opening in April depending on how well the vaccine and current lockdown help decrease the number of COVID infections, deaths and hospitalisation of those in a serious condition. We are busy preparing the office to be COVID compliant for when staff do return. If nothing else it keeps my mind of my Rat. The lockdown and pandemic in general still hasn’t messed my mind up as much as he did but I will be very happy when things return to some normality. Visiting friends and family are out of the question and even at the office we wear masks the entire day. By the end of the day I am so happy to take off that mask when I leave the office building. At least the intermittent snow also puts a smile on my face. It has just been busy and I try to keep myself positive. How have you been keeping and has the lockdown affected you at all?

Hugs,

ScottishLassie xxx
I must admit I am finding this lock down much harder than the first - during the first nobody could ever imagine we would be in lock down a year later! The not visiting family and friends is very difficult this time round as there are new variants and mutations happening so it is impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel - I was booked to go home last Easter but couldn't so in my mind I was thinking okay I can go again for Christmas but again that couldn't happen so now over a year later I still can't see them, I am not feeling sorry for myself though as there are far worse off than me, I have a roof over my head, warmth and food (and cats) - a luxury that many don't have.

I don't know what line of work you are in but good on you for carrying on despite the risk and I am happy that we all have each other here, it really does help knowing no matter how we feel we can come here and rant. laugh, cry or just chat - there is always someone who is there and will listen.

Hugs

MH x