Welcome to TLR

Police forces rapped after wife is scarred

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Police-forces-rapped-after-wife.6604374.jp

Police forces rapped after wife is scarred

Published Date: 29 October 2010
By Polly Rippon

A POLICE watchdog has criticised South Yorkshire Police after failures by staff resulted in a domestic violence victim being horrifically slashed by her estranged husband.

Gail Hdili was repeatedly stabbed by her Tunisian husband Adel in front of their five-year-old son in January 2008.

The 41-year-old mum was blinded in one eye and scarred for life after the attack at a bus stop in Nottingham. It was prompted after she fled their home in Queen Street, East Dene, Rotherham.

Hdili, 32, was jailed for nine years and will be deported on his release from prison.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission launched an investigation into the way South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire police dealt with Mrs Hdili, who contacted both forces to say she thought her husband would track her down.

She met Hdili on holiday in Tunisia in 2002 and they moved in together in Rotherham.

But in December 2008 she fled with her son while her husband was at work because of domestic violence after he found out she had started a relationship with a woman.

In January 2009 Mrs Hdili rang South Yorkshire Police to express concern for her safety after finding out her husband had discovered her whereabouts.

But the call handler failed to pass the call to specially trained officers, and a supervisor wrongly assumed there was no immediate risk to her.

The call handler also failed to check all the relevant computer systems and spot previous reported domestic violence incidents. The report states: "The call handler gave incorrect information to her supervisor when giving an update. The supervising officer wrongly assumed that there was no immediate risk to Mrs Hdili and did not take any positive immediate action."

The investigation also found a South Yorkshire officer failed to tell Nottinghamshire Police Hdili had been in touch and was going to find his wife, or tell Mrs Hdili her husband had found out where she was.
The IPCC said the call handler received 'words of advice' while the police officer's actions were 'so serious' he faced a misconduct hearing. The officer admitted his failings and was given domestic violence training.

The IPCC said South Yorkshire Police had reminded force control staff domestic violence incidents should not be referred to Safer Neighbourhood Units, as officers did not have the appropriate training to deal with such incidents.

Nottinghamshire Police were also criticised.

IPCC Commissioner, Amerdeep Somal, said: "I am pleased both forces have accepted their shortcomings and taken steps to improve and strengthen their policy and procedures when dealing with domestic violence incidents."

A South Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said: "The force acknowledges the IPCC's findings and has already implemented the recommendations to improve call handling procedures for domestic incidents. Lessons have been learned and our thoughts are with Mrs Hdili."

B

bunsia

And this is a perfect example of why women do not seek police help or outside help. The fear is what traps a person in abuse. Perhaps they rationalize that they did something to provoke the abuse. Or they think it is an isolated incident. Or they believe they can not be free of the abuser and they can best control him from within the relationship. Or they are embarrased that people will judge or say "I told you so". Freedom from these abusers really does come from a strength found within. Life on the other side of abuse can feel so free.

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
This man is my father, I am now 16 years old and started speaking to my dad after 10 years. Me and my mother are doing ok but the psychological after effects of what happened is just now catching up to me.
Is your father tunisian?

simple

Major Ratslayer
This man is my father, I am now 16 years old and started speaking to my dad after 10 years. Me and my mother are doing ok but the psychological after effects of what happened is just now catching up to me.
Im sorry you and your mum went through this , .I cant imagine the trauma you went through and are going through.Please seek some sort of help ,through counciling .At 16 years of age you do need help ,,there is no shame in seeking help and it can save you psychologicaly .Is your father still in prison ? And thank you for sharing this story ,it will help so many others who are abused and afraid.God bless you and your mum

Starlight

Major Ratslayer
This story is so sad and what this woman went through is horrific the daughter too so proud u came here to tell your story much hugs and love to u both
This is typical off not only rats but tunisian mens mentality ,when u marry a tunisian u as a wife must be obedient and submissive to the man ,no questioned asked , no answering back, you must obey whatever he says, and turn a blind eye to anything he dose wrong .
No one deserves what happened to this woman even if she had left or stayed i think sorry to say this only my opinion she would have suffered the same attack and abuse .
The tunisian men control the women with an iron first and they belive the rights are given to the men !!!
Tney forget in other countrys abuse assaults murder off women will de dealt with swiftly prison !!!
But here is an example off things that can go wrong when calling for help its a situation that calls for more expertise in dealing with domestic abuse and violence ,right down to call centre to up to the officers, they must be fully trained in this field off abuse .
My heart goses out to these woman and may I say I was the subject off mental abuse . physical abuse is more dangerous as it can result in death !!!
.mental abuse can leave scars that are in your head and sometimes u can never recover from the effects off this often leaving u with PTSD for the rest off your life .
Think carefully off contemplating a tunisian man especially a rat as your partner, the rules are women are 2nd class citizens and this hasn't changed for years .
Just hope you both are recovering from such a horrific experience may God bless you both with strength and courage xxxx

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
This story is so sad and what this woman went through is horrific the daughter too so proud u came here to tell your story much hugs and love to u both
This is typical off not only rats but tunisian mens mentality ,when u marry a tunisian u as a wife must be obedient and submissive to the man ,no questioned asked , no answering back, you must obey whatever he says, and turn a blind eye to anything he dose wrong .
No one deserves what happened to this woman even if she had left or stayed i think sorry to say this only my opinion she would have suffered the same attack and abuse .
The tunisian men control the women with an iron first and they belive the rights are given to the men !!!
Tney forget in other countrys abuse assaults murder off women will de dealt with swiftly prison !!!
But here is an example off things that can go wrong when calling for help its a situation that calls for more expertise in dealing with domestic abuse and violence ,right down to call centre to up to the officers, they must be fully trained in this field off abuse .
My heart goses out to these woman and may I say I was the subject off mental abuse . physical abuse is more dangerous as it can result in death !!!
.mental abuse can leave scars that are in your head and sometimes u can never recover from the effects off this often leaving u with PTSD for the rest off your life .
Think carefully off contemplating a tunisian man especially a rat as your partner, the rules are women are 2nd class citizens and this hasn't changed for years .
Just hope you both are recovering from such a horrific experience may God bless you both with strength and courage xxxx
My rat got hold of the wrong women cause I think I would’ve beat the crap out of him! For real !!