Welcome to TLR

RAPIST RAT FROM HOTEL

J

Judithlyn

Review

Worst holiday ever

I would NEVER stay at this hotel again if somebody paid me to. Food was absolutely disgusting all undercooked and same stuff every day, As an English guest nobody wanted to even speak to me unless they were animation team trying to persuade me to sleep with them even though other memebers of the team told me they were in relationships, engaged or married!! I was then told that English girls are easy!! And then they all had the cheek to ask me to put a good review on about them all. The shows on an evening were a disaster, a couple of the animation team could dance and the rest looked like a fish flopping out of water. There seemed to be a lot of gossiping going on which I overheard a few times, and it was absolutely revolting to hear that the staff get up to all these sexual antics in public places in the hotel! My room was lovely apart from the rock solid mattress. The hotel photographer was extremely inappropriate towards not just me but also my female family members which was borderline sexual harassment. This hotel needs to either be closed down or completely revamped with respectful staff who know how customer service works.

Aufenthaltsdatum: Juni 2019
Yessssss....Please write reviews to Booking.Com, Expedia.Com, Hotels.Com and any of the online booking companies! Also write tour operators! About 90% of a hotel’s business comes from online reservations. They take these reviews very seriously! It hits them in the pocketbook.

Amira

Major Ratslayer
I didn’t know what to do when it happened. All my concern was was getting home safe and sound. I wanted to report it finally but it was too late because I burnt my clothes and showered so there was no evidence. This rapist deserves hell.

It is not just going to the police in a foreign country especially in a Muslim country with Sharia law because you actually do not know what is being said in front of you. They speak Arabic right over your head. Yes you feel insecure. If you were to travel down again don't be overtaken by the natives stay with other tourists. They are smart saying their country is safe but that is not entirely true. Would never have gone out at night or gone to date with someone because you put yourself in danger

Sharia law is not implemented in Tunisia. It was abolished many years ago .
My heart goes out to you and god knows how you must feel .
I know it's ok for us to sit and say you should of done this or that but in your position who knows how each one of us would of reacted.
Karma will do him and of course violence doesn't sort anything but in these types of countries sometimes they have to fight violence with violence .
Your story has been told by me to many Tunisian people all I'm saying is watch this space .... sending you hugs and strength xx

hamandpineapple

Rat Expert
I’m currently in ***** at a ******* training course. I’ve come along way since his happened and I’m proud. Last week was the toughest week I’ve had between suicide attempts , self harm and making myself sick every time I ate. But it’s all behind me and I’m looking forward. Thank you to all your support and advice. I was extremely drunk that night so I didn’t think anything of the situation because this is a guy I trusted. Clearly in new situations with any guy, I’ll remember to remain with my friends and be careful of the sneaky signs I didn’t spot before!

Last edited by a moderator:

tipme

Major Ratslayer
I’m currently in ***** at a ******** training course. I’ve come along way since his happened and I’m proud. Last week was the toughest week I’ve had between suicide attempts , self harm and making myself sick every time I ate. But it’s all behind me and I’m looking forward. Thank you to all your support and advice. I was extremely drunk that night so I didn’t think anything of the situation because this is a guy I trusted. Clearly in new situations with any guy, I’ll remember to remain with my friends and be careful of the sneaky signs I didn’t spot before!time
[/Q,, UOTE]
im so proud of you think positive .i can relate to this as i no not going into detail.people tell you theres light at the end of the tunnel.at the tiyme you can see that light,but it will come and when it does .dont look back look forward.sending you a healing angel

just for newbies on here ... take heed this lass thought they were her friends, had known them for a while, this was not a first visit .
The dangers were put forward but no one thinks it will happen to them , they trust their friends/ boyfriend and all advice is disregarded.
There is other threads on rape on here and shows exactly what these bastards are capable of !!

Hamandpineapple you will always have support here on the forum and I am so happy to hear your doing ok but maybe you should see a councillor?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 32724

I’m currently in ***** at a ******* training course. I’ve come along way since his happened and I’m proud. Last week was the toughest week I’ve had between suicide attempts , self harm and making myself sick every time I ate. But it’s all behind me and I’m looking forward. Thank you to all your support and advice. I was extremely drunk that night so I didn’t think anything of the situation because this is a guy I trusted. Clearly in new situations with any guy, I’ll remember to remain with my friends and be careful of the sneaky signs I didn’t spot before!

Oh honey... I can only imagine. Listen... if you have any more suicidal thoughts please seek help. There is a way out of this. Does the UK have a national suicide phone number? We have one here in the states.

UK Ladies? Do we know of any service or number that our dear Ham can call?

A

AmberHeart

I’m currently in ***** at a ********* training course. I’ve come along way since his happened and I’m proud. Last week was the toughest week I’ve had between suicide attempts , self harm and making myself sick every time I ate. But it’s all behind me and I’m looking forward. Thank you to all your support and advice. I was extremely drunk that night so I didn’t think anything of the situation because this is a guy I trusted. Clearly in new situations with any guy, I’ll remember to remain with my friends and be careful of the sneaky signs I didn’t spot before!
You are a valuable girl, those insignificant criminals do not worth your pain. Kill them with your happiness and success, with your freedom, with your achieved dreams.
Try to be close to family and friends, people that love you no matter what and to whom you are the most precious person on earth. Stay close to us too and we will do our best to help you get strength. We care about you brave girl ❤

M

Mango Chutney

Oh honey... I can only imagine. Listen... if you have any more suicidal thoughts please seek help. There is a way out of this. Does the UK have a national suicide phone number? We have one here in the states.

UK Ladies? Do we know of any service or number that our dear Ham can call?
Yes, there are services: Rape crisis, Samaritan’s etc, also....even a visit to the GP helps, as they can connect you with the mental health team within the practice and guide you to any relevant local services.

After I left my rat, it took me a year and four months to seek help, prior to that, I was the same as Hammy....her behaviours and coping strategies are similar to mine. Once I looked for help, I sat on a waiting list for a year before I got my amazing counsellor....I have been so blessed with her :love:

It takes a while before the mental strength to admit you need help kicks in....Hammy will get there in her own time, just as I, and thousands upon thousands of other victims have :)

L

Laura2014

I’m currently in ***** at a ******** training course. I’ve come along way since his happened and I’m proud. Last week was the toughest week I’ve had between suicide attempts , self harm and making myself sick every time I ate. But it’s all behind me and I’m looking forward. Thank you to all your support and advice. I was extremely drunk that night so I didn’t think anything of the situation because this is a guy I trusted. Clearly in new situations with any guy, I’ll remember to remain with my friends and be careful of the sneaky signs I didn’t spot before!
H&P what you are experiencing is awful but entirely normal after the betrayal you have experienced. Not only the realisation that someone you invested time and emotions in betrayed you but that people you trusted let you down. As we said before you can get free confidential support and help in any city you are in. Please use it. When these feelings are suppressed they have a horrible habit of coming back to bite you. No one should carry that trauma alone, you don’t need too, just reach out to the Samaritans, or Rape Crisis groups wherever you are. You can get that support alongside the new training you are having.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
The Samaritans are there 24/7 and can be contacted free on 116123 and you can also text on that number.

I echo what's been said and you do need professional help even if you are feeling stronger because it wont just go away - talk, scream shout and cry but talk is such a great healer and of course you have this site and everyone here will support you.

Much love MH x

D

Deleted member 146

Yes he is a rapist but she writes here that she was drunk and the alcohol weakens the forces so that she did not have the courage to fight against him

I emailed the hotel about the events of that night because I can’t be the only one who suffers because he didn’t stop when I told him no.

That should have been enough not to rape her

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Yes he is a rapist but she writes here that she was drunk and the alcohol weakens the forces so that she did not have the courage to fight against him
Any sexual interaction must be consensual and the fact that she was drunk is in no way a defense, rape is rape. If she was drunk she did not consent!

Makes me so angry :mad:

MH x

B

Brasilgirl

The alcohol probably made him more brazen, but it could have been worse if she was able to fight him. He could have used more force.
We can’t speculate that he wouldn’t have raped her if she was sober.
There is a chance he could of drugged her and she just felt like she was drunk. I’ve heard girls at my uni say that they were drugged and it was like they were really drunk but without the puking.
There is quite a bit of date rape on my campus. Especially when the girl has had a couple of drinks. It makes it harder for the girl to remember enough to identify the man.

M

Mango Chutney

Of course no one deserves to be raped and a no is a no but if one is influenced by drugs or alcohol then one is an easier victim of these men. If you are sober then you have more power to resist but I as everyone else thinks he should get a penalty
Amira, I am teetotal. It makes no difference to a sick in the head rapist if their target is drunk or sober......they do not care. No should always mean no, whether the victim is drunk, sober, awake etc......nobody has the right to violate another this way.

I think I do understand that your point is not that the victim deserves it, more that a sober victim will have more physical strength, but in the actual moment, physical strength does not matter.....some of us freeze.
I think it's more important that rather than highlighting weaknesses of the victim.....we need to focus on criminal that carried out the act.

We should all be able to choose what we wear, if we wish to drink etc......we can't live life thinking: I can't wear this, I can't drink that......I might get raped.
We can't live lesser lives because there are sick freaks in this world. No means no, that's all there is to it.

D

Deleted member 32724

Of course no one deserves to be raped and a no is a no but if one is influenced by drugs or alcohol then one is an easier victim of these men. If you are sober then you have more power to resist but I as everyone else thinks he should get a penalty

Sorry, I cannot agree. Women should be able to have fun and party without having a PIG come on to them and abuse them! Total double standard here! Why can't the man RESIST?

B

Brasilgirl

Sorry, I cannot agree. Women should be able to have fun and party without having a PIG come on to them and abuse them! Total double standard here! Why can't the man RESIST?
Being an easier victim does not mean that she is in any way deserving. I think we are all saying the same thing here. Rape is rape is rape. She said no, he took advantage. That is rape regardless if she is drugged or drunk or sober.
The only difference is that if she was able to fight, he may have beat her too. No matter how it plays out, the result is major psychological pain and trauma.

A

AmberHeart

Let’s remeber babies are rape victims too, elder people too, men and women of all ages and circumstances are victims of rape, it is not something the victim didn’t do, or should have done, its the rapist choice, his criminal proceedings. They do not only rape to get pleasure, it is linked into making their victim suffer, humiliation, control... a lot of other dirty things going on in their minds.

A

AmberHeart

Being an easier victim does not mean that she is in any way deserving. I think we are all saying the same thing here. Rape is rape is rape. She said no, he took advantage. That is rape regardless if she is drugged or drunk or sober.
The only difference is that if she was able to fight, he may have beat her too. No matter how it plays out, the result is major psychological pain and trauma.
Or kill her.

M

Mango Chutney

I want to write something on here that I have written on another thread somewhere.

I apologise in advance for the repetition, but on a thread with ‘Rape’ in the title, I feel it’s really important that these words are here too, as other rape victims may be drawn to the thread....not necessarily to comment, but to read, to understand they are not alone, they are a victim, they are NOT to blame.

When our bodies sense danger, our instant response is not done by our conscious self, our bodies react instinctively to a situation whereby we feel we are in danger, for example: Rape, physical abuse, terror attacks.

The four responses, one of which your body will choose, are:

. Fight.
. Flight.
. Freeze.
. Fold aka, play dead (common during terror attacks).

You DO NOT choose....your subconscious being does, regardless of whether you are sober, drunk, taking drugs etc.

My natural reaction was to freeze, so I blamed myself, I felt it was my fault, as I didn’t fight, I didn’t run....I felt like I was partly responsible.

Those four reactions and the explanation are the words ingrained into my head by my Rape Crisis trauma counsellor....they are the words of a qualified professional in the field.

The victim is NEVER to blame.