Welcome to TLR

Rat or not ?

Olenka33

Rat Expert
Hi.
So I'm new here and I want to tell you about my Tunisian story...
So I'm divorced and I live with my son (6) since 6 months alone. After 2 years of covid and all that stuff i was so tired that i decided this year's we earned it to have a nice holiday somewhere far away from here and after researching it would be either Turkey or Tunisia.
I decided it's Tunisia cause the Hotel was on the beach, all inclusive and it seemed like a super occasion , it wasn't very expensive.
Anyway we went to Mahdia.
We booked then some trips like Camel ride, Pirat ship etc. So I was really excited about that since it was the first time i travelled that far alone with my son only and I wanted for him to make this vacation unforgettable.

The first days went on and at the Restaurant there was one guy trying to get my phone number or whatever to go out, i refused cause a) i didn't come there to find.a lover or anything b) I just wanted to have nice time with my son only.

On the 5th day we met Nahmed (he is 25 and I'm 33 by the way) , he came up to us as my son was pretty much tired that day and didn't want to swim , play or do anything, we just sat there on the steps inside the hotel.
Nahmed asked if everything is ok so I told him that my son just doesn't want to do anything, we spoke for a bit and I even decided to give him my number (Tunisian one) cause he wanted to keep us company at the Camel tour same day in the late afternoon,.
So we met in front of the hotel and went together, we had much fun, my son liked him right away (he is autistic so it's not easy for him, that's why it surprised me so much)
So we met later at Mini disco, and my son didn't want to miss him any second.
On the next day I asked him if he could come with us to town cause I had to go to the bank and buy some Souvenirs, he payed for the taxi and bought an ice cream to my son, we had a nice time. We met then again in the evening at Mini disco. Later i just wanted to say goodbye to him, he asked if we could dance, but my son was tired so I said we would go to bed cause our flight is early in the morning, the transfer to Airport came at 4:30.
He woke up at 3am and asked if he could come and say goodbye, i accepted that.
So we spent like half an hour together and just chatted. At no point i had the feeling that he tried to get anything from me, i still don't have the feeling since we are at home now one week. He writes and calls everyday, my son asks to see him every day too, he misses him and asks all the time when we will go to see Nahdem.
He never tried to get any money from me, he knows i don't have much anyway
He says he likes my son and me a lot and he regrets meeting us on the last two days at the hotel, of course he said he has feelings for me but he don't say any slimy things, he don't give me pretty names, he don't want to get married right away... Anyway I feel like I get more feelings for him and I'm afraid of that because i read so many Stories.. i didn't have any bad thoughts before about him, i don't even know what I want to hear from you... I'm pretty confused, i didn't plan on something like that, i just wanted to have a nice time with my son.. however i decided to go and visit him in October again.

Maybe someone knows him though , he works in the El mouradi Mahdia hotel in Mahdia as an (yeah I know... ) Animator.

Have a nice evening and thank you for reading if you got till the end ☺️

Yvonne

Staff member
Hi.
So I'm new here and I want to tell you about my Tunisian story...
So I'm divorced and I live with my son (6) since 6 months alone. After 2 years of covid and all that stuff i was so tired that i decided this year's we earned it to have a nice holiday somewhere far away from here and after researching it would be either Turkey or Tunisia.
I decided it's Tunisia cause the Hotel was on the beach, all inclusive and it seemed like a super occasion , it wasn't very expensive.
Anyway we went to Mahdia.
We booked then some trips like Camel ride, Pirat ship etc. So I was really excited about that since it was the first time i travelled that far alone with my son only and I wanted for him to make this vacation unforgettable.

The first days went on and at the Restaurant there was one guy trying to get my phone number or whatever to go out, i refused cause a) i didn't come there to find.a lover or anything b) I just wanted to have nice time with my son only.

On the 5th day we met Nahmed (he is 25 and I'm 33 by the way) , he came up to us as my son was pretty much tired that day and didn't want to swim , play or do anything, we just sat there on the steps inside the hotel.
Nahmed asked if everything is ok so I told him that my son just doesn't want to do anything, we spoke for a bit and I even decided to give him my number (Tunisian one) cause he wanted to keep us company at the Camel tour same day in the late afternoon,.
So we met in front of the hotel and went together, we had much fun, my son liked him right away (he is autistic so it's not easy for him, that's why it surprised me so much)
So we met later at Mini disco, and my son didn't want to miss him any second.
On the next day I asked him if he could come with us to town cause I had to go to the bank and buy some Souvenirs, he payed for the taxi and bought an ice cream to my son, we had a nice time. We met then again in the evening at Mini disco. Later i just wanted to say goodbye to him, he asked if we could dance, but my son was tired so I said we would go to bed cause our flight is early in the morning, the transfer to Airport came at 4:30.
He woke up at 3am and asked if he could come and say goodbye, i accepted that.
So we spent like half an hour together and just chatted. At no point i had the feeling that he tried to get anything from me, i still don't have the feeling since we are at home now one week. He writes and calls everyday, my son asks to see him every day too, he misses him and asks all the time when we will go to see Nahdem.
He never tried to get any money from me, he knows i don't have much anyway
He says he likes my son and me a lot and he regrets meeting us on the last two days at the hotel, of course he said he has feelings for me but he don't say any slimy things, he don't give me pretty names, he don't want to get married right away... Anyway I feel like I get more feelings for him and I'm afraid of that because i read so many Stories.. i didn't have any bad thoughts before about him, i don't even know what I want to hear from you... I'm pretty confused, i didn't plan on something like that, i just wanted to have a nice time with my son.. however i decided to go and visit him in October again.

Maybe someone knows him though , he works in the El mouradi Mahdia hotel in Mahdia as an (yeah I know... ) Animator.

Have a nice evening and thank you for reading if you got till the end ☺️
Welcome here @Olenka33 .
I'm afraid that animators don't have a good reputation. There are lots of rats mentioned here working in hotels /discos /animation...
You can search for his name here at the forum or look in the media section to see if his foto is there.
Here's a link for you to read :

Yvonne xxx

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
@Olenka33 maybe he is honest and deserves chance, but just be aware of all the red flags. The only thing that would scare me personally is how many women before you and after you did he chat up so easily. Why you and why now… ya know what I mean? Just proceed with your eyes open, especially for your sons sake. It would be terrible to get him attached to a man that is nothing more than I lie.

Bubbly

Major Ratslayer
If I were you, I would keep him as a sweet holiday memory.
As time goes, you will undoubtedly grow attached to him and this is when he is going to start his rat act.

He is already seducing your son because he knows he is the most important being in your life. Gaining your son’s friendship and trust is the key to open the door of your heart/wallet/visa.

You will soon be invited to Tunisia again, this time he will want you to rent a flat etc. You will start a relationship, then his phone will break, his parents will get ill, he will be fired and he will need a bit of money to eat. Then he will start complaining that his friends have more fashionable clothes. Then he will need a new car so he can find a job or driving lessons. His sister/brother will get married and you will be requested to help them pay for the ceremony… and so on and so forth.

This is a very old and typical story. He is very professional in the way he approached you, I have read hundreds of similar stories and he must have already done that with other tourists. That’s the sad truth, you aren’t the only one.

Please protect yourself and your son. I can feel you are getting attached to him so be careful, it can take months/years before they reveal their true intentions.

Olenka33

Rat Expert
@Olenka33 maybe he is honest and deserves chance, but just be aware of all the red flags. The only thing that would scare me personally is how many women before you and after you did he chat up so easily. Why you and why now… ya know what I mean? Just proceed with your eyes open, especially for your sons sake. It would be terrible to get him attached to a man that is nothing more than I lie.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, that's what I'm asking myself too, I'm definitely being careful about it because I'm not single and I have a child which means the world to me, since he has been through a lot (he's disabled also). I know we will probably go on October to Tunisia again, my parents would probably come too. I'm trying not to get attached too much because i don't need that pain again. What I can say for sure is that i wouldn't help him financially, not only because it's hard enough being alone with a kid, but because i know exactly this would assure me that he's only tried to trick me. So I would immediately block him and eventually forget about him.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, that's what I'm asking myself too, I'm definitely being careful about it because I'm not single and I have a child which means the world to me, since he has been through a lot (he's disabled also). I know we will probably go on October to Tunisia again, my parents would probably come too. I'm trying not to get attached too much because i don't need that pain again. What I can say for sure is that i wouldn't help him financially, not only because it's hard enough being alone with a kid, but because i know exactly this would assure me that he's only tried to trick me. So I would immediately block him and eventually forget about him.
How are you doing @Olenka33?

It is a good idea to take your parents with you on your next visit and it is absolutely normal for your Father to grill Nahmed with regards to your future together - he must be able to show that he can provide for you etc and being an animator is not a favourable career!

May I ask if you were intimate with Nahmed? Will you be staying in the hotel in October?

MH x

Olenka33

Rat Expert
How are you doing @Olenka33?

It is a good idea to take your parents with you on your next visit and it is absolutely normal for your Father to grill Nahmed with regards to your future together - he must be able to show that he can provide for you etc and being an animator is not a favourable career!

May I ask if you were intimate with Nahmed? Will you be staying in the hotel in October?

MH x

I'm fine, thank you. :)
We will stay at an apartment i will book over Airbnb. Not going to the hotel again.

We haven't been intimate, we didn't even kiss, the only thing was a hug for a goodbye on the last day as he came to see us before we go to the Airport. :) other than this i got alot of High 5's on those 2 days lol. A thing all animators done everytime they spoke to someone.
I did work myself as an Animator back then, before about 10 years, i lived 6 years in Greece and one season i decided to try this job, and I even worked with Tunesian guys, it didn't end up good as the boss of the Animators was a real bastard, trying to get me to bed so I can keep my job, well I've lost my job immediately haha. nasty type.

Olenka33

Rat Expert
Oooh.. ok. We’ll have you ever heard birds of a feather flock together. Just my opinion.. take it or leave it… I wouldn’t get involved with him, especially being in tourism

I've already made my mind about the whole Situation, definitely not getting involved as it doesn't make sense. I did confront him with few facts, he even sent me his ID and everything, i really like him but i told him that either he accept the friendship or he can get out of my life forever. I mean I'm not into online relationship and I'm not a Millionaire to travel every few weeks there, must stay realistic
So I guess we will stay in contact, although in October I'm not going to the same place in Tunisia with my parents , cause I want to see some other historical places and of course my son is going to flip out about seeing the see again and maybe take another Camel ride ❤️

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
When the rat starts extending requests for gifts you know he's a million % rat
When the money u send is shared in family big rats
And when u visit requests for gifts reach for the family fucked up rat
Why they think u should buy family gifts ratscum
I was asked so many times to buy his mother a phone
I said no way I refused he got angry about it I said your father had plenty off money it's his responsibility to buy his wife a phone not me he said I want u to buy it as a gift for her wtf
I said u but it or your father cus I ain't!!!!!
I said u never bought my mother nothing nor my family or me !!
And u expect me to fork out 100s on a phone no way!!!!
The fucking rats think your brain dead
His cousins western wife bought all the family a phone and got a bank loan to buy them and they were new phones too
Wtf are these rats are we their banker are we fucking stupid no nut they certainly think we are to pay for everything then bring gifts then buY family FUCK OFF BIG TIME !!!!!
So show the rats your not as stupid as they think u are
F em all off !!!!!

Olenka33

Rat Expert
When the rat starts extending requests for gifts you know he's a million % rat
When the money u send is shared in family big rats
And when u visit requests for gifts reach for the family fucked up rat
Why they think u should buy family gifts ratscum
I was asked so many times to buy his mother a phone
I said no way I refused he got angry about it I said your father had plenty off money it's his responsibility to buy his wife a phone not me he said I want u to buy it as a gift for her wtf
I said u but it or your father cus I ain't!!!!!
I said u never bought my mother nothing nor my family or me !!
And u expect me to fork out 100s on a phone no way!!!!
The fucking rats think your brain dead
His cousins western wife bought all the family a phone and got a bank loan to buy them and they were new phones too
Wtf are these rats are we their banker are we fucking stupid no nut they certainly think we are to pay for everything then bring gifts then buY family FUCK OFF BIG TIME !!!!!
So show the rats your not as stupid as they think u are
F em all off !!!!!

Are you sure you meant me? I never bought any gifts for him...

Moonshine

Major Ratslayer
The topic is rat or not
And no I didn't mean u sorry if u thought i did because some rats don't ask for money or gifts or anything for many months
But they will ask wether its mg/wu gifts paying apartment/ hotel car wedding visa divorce gifts for family they will ask in end that's their agenda
It's really not worth the time energy effect money to go to Tunisia for these tunisian ratty men 95% off them end up rats and some have asked for nothing got visa stayed in country 5 years amassed a healthy bank balance then leave u without warning I know one who walked away as soon as he got his residency without saying a word to his wife leaving behind his child and never contacting either again
So just because they don't ask for money gifts dosent mean they are not a rat xxx

Olenka33

Rat Expert
The topic is rat or not
And no I didn't mean u sorry if u thought i did because some rats don't ask for money or gifts or anything for many months
But they will ask wether its mg/wu gifts paying apartment/ hotel car wedding visa divorce gifts for family they will ask in end that's their agenda
It's really not worth the time energy effect money to go to Tunisia for these tunisian ratty men 95% off them end up rats and some have asked for nothing got visa stayed in country 5 years amassed a healthy bank balance then leave u without warning I know one who walked away as soon as he got his residency without saying a word to his wife leaving behind his child and never contacting either again
So just because they don't ask for money gifts dosent mean they are not a rat xxx

Yes, I'm sure you are right about that.
I was just a bit confused as i thought you referred to me personally ☺️
Well i can't tell alot about this particular guy, i don't care what he thinks would Pop out for him while keeping contact with me, cause there's nothing he could get anyways.
I'm not going back to Tunesia because of him either, my parents wanted to visit too and i enjoyed the holidays apart of that very much , i don't know if we will meet there, as we are going to Carthage and not Monastir which is pretty much far away so It doesn't matter if he comes or not, we gonna have a nice Family time. :)

I guess he won't keep in touch for too long anyway if he's a rat and only does it for a certain purpose because i already made it clear that I'm not into marriage again and i won't help him come over in any other way.

Olenka33

Rat Expert
The topic is rat or not

And i know in my first post i mentioned going back in October to visit him, but in the meantime i realised that it would be a waste of time, that's why I decided to go somewhere else in Tunesia , my mom parents would come
with us anyway though. :)

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Well he said that it makes him sad but it's MZ choice.
But he said maybe he would come there to see us for 1-2 days as a family member lives somewhere near.
He also offered to pay the half of the rent for the apartment (although he wouldn't stay there)
He knows he can inflate the cost for the apartment - he will be relying on you changing your mind and go to Monastir :sneaky:

Personally I think you should change your destination completely and holiday in Greece or somewhere similar, Greece has so much history to offer for your parents and the food is amazing!

MH x

Olenka33

Rat Expert
He knows he can inflate the cost for the apartment - he will be relying on you changing your mind and go to Monastir :sneaky:

Personally I think you should change your destination completely and holiday in Greece or somewhere similar, Greece has so much history to offer for your parents and the food is amazing!

MH x

I lived for 6 years in Greece, my ex husband is Greek and my son half Greek lol.
I love Greece, no doubt, but it's very expensive right now and my parents wouldn't afford to pay for such holiday and I can't pay for everything neither. Tunisia is very cheap comparing to other countries, we could go to Turkey as well but my stepdad would rather cut his veins lol.

I'm not changing my mind about going to Monastir and I'm booking the apartment over Airbnb, cause I would be damned to trust a guy i only know 3 weeks haha.
Nah not going for it

minnie

Major Ratslayer
If I were you, I would keep him as a sweet holiday memory.
As time goes, you will undoubtedly grow attached to him and this is when he is going to start his rat act.

He is already seducing your son because he knows he is the most important being in your life. Gaining your son’s friendship and trust is the key to open the door of your heart/wallet/visa.

You will soon be invited to Tunisia again, this time he will want you to rent a flat etc. You will start a relationship, then his phone will break, his parents will get ill, he will be fired and he will need a bit of money to eat. Then he will start complaining that his friends have more fashionable clothes. Then he will need a new car so he can find a job or driving lessons. His sister/brother will get married and you will be requested to help them pay for the ceremony… and so on and so forth.

This is a very old and typical story. He is very professional in the way he approached you, I have read hundreds of similar stories and he must have already done that with other tourists. That’s the sad truth, you aren’t the only one.

Please protect yourself and your son. I can feel you are getting attached to him so be careful, it can take months/years before they reveal their true intentions.
She is going in October he already talked her into coming so soon again so he can hook her and her son better... Hunky they use our kids to scam us better

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I lived for 6 years in Greece, my ex husband is Greek and my son half Greek lol.
I love Greece, no doubt, but it's very expensive right now and my parents wouldn't afford to pay for such holiday and I can't pay for everything neither. Tunisia is very cheap comparing to other countries, we could go to Turkey as well but my stepdad would rather cut his veins lol.

I'm not changing my mind about going to Monastir and I'm booking the apartment over Airbnb, cause I would be damned to trust a guy i only know 3 weeks haha.
Nah not going for it
Must admit I preferred Turkey - seemed a lot cleaner and yes there were rats but not on the same level!

MH x

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I know you are mother hen @MH007 so therefore you like choocks and turkeye but It's Türkiye now lol :D:p
I have to agree.. I love Turkey… everything, culture, food (especially food)… I’d much rather vacation there… I wish my husband would just move us there! If I wasn’t married to a Tunisian and have our family .. I think one time in my life would be enough for me to see Tunisia

Olenka33

Rat Expert
Must admit I preferred Turkey - seemed a lot cleaner and yes there were rats but not on the same level!

MH x

I would always choose Greece over every other country, but it's not affordable right now.

And just as an update because i see some of you think i really do it just for him...
I didn't even book yet because we ( me and my parents) leave that option open about where we exactly go to. Turkey is not an option as my Stepdad hates the country , he has his reasons and i respect that.
We spoke about other Places like Morocco or Croatia etc. So in the Ende it will be a decision made together.

And back to Nadhem, well we write still and I even had a contact to another German girl who knows him but didn't make any bad experience and she said he mentioned me being a nice person but that's it. The girl knows about bezness so she was aware for herself.

And like before, i enjoy talking to him, so I'll keep contact as long as it goes, cause I'm sure as soon as he finds someone, he will probably go for it anyway. So yeah that's pretty much all.

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
I would always choose Greece over every other country, but it's not affordable right now.

And just as an update because i see some of you think i really do it just for him...
I didn't even book yet because we ( me and my parents) leave that option open about where we exactly go to. Turkey is not an option as my Stepdad hates the country , he has his reasons and i respect that.
We spoke about other Places like Morocco or Croatia etc. So in the Ende it will be a decision made together.

And back to Nadhem, well we write still and I even had a contact to another German girl who knows him but didn't make any bad experience and she said he mentioned me being a nice person but that's it. The girl knows about bezness so she was aware for herself.

And like before, i enjoy talking to him, so I'll keep contact as long as it goes, cause I'm sure as soon as he finds someone, he will probably go for it anyway. So yeah that's pretty much all.
What about Cyprus? I went there last year and it wasn’t as expensive as I’d expected it to be. Depends where you go. And it’s family friendly with beaches and sights. Plus islands tend to be a bit safer. I would recommend Paphos or Limassol. I would also suggest Sharm El Sheikh but it’s quite expensive there and those places are also full of gigolos….

Thing is places like Egypt and Tunisia might seem cheap.. and technically they are.. but by the time you’ve been sweet talked and hassled into buying stuff, as well as overcharged according to nationality you end up spending nearly as much as you would in Europe lol…

Olenka33

Rat Expert
What about Cyprus? I went there last year and it wasn’t as expensive as I’d expected it to be. Depends where you go. And it’s family friendly with beaches and sights. Plus islands tend to be a bit safer. I would recommend Paphos or Limassol. I would also suggest Sharm El Sheikh but it’s quite expensive there and those places are also full of gigolos….

Thing is places like Egypt and Tunisia might seem cheap.. and technically they are.. but by the time you’ve been sweet talked and hassled into buying stuff, as well as overcharged according to nationality you end up spending nearly as much as you would in Europe lol…

I will look that up with Cyprus :) might be a good idea. I just want sun, sea and the beach pretty much that's all.

I can't agree though that it was almost as expensive in Tunisia as in Europe, i booked all the tours like Camel ride, Pirate Ship, Quad etc and I did pay like the half of what I paid in Greece and on top of that there was always a meal included ☺️
As for the souvenirs i checked first the prices in the Hotel, which actually turned out to be cheaper than the ones in the Old town for an example.
Also when you want to eat at a restaurant it's still like 1/3 of what you would pay in Europe so I found it pretty fair. :)