Welcome to TLR

Rats on penpal sites...

ty123

Honestly I was surprised to find these "rats" on even penpal websites. I love to travel, and joined penpal websites, and travel websites. Being a gay guy I was surprised to get mails from these guys. Personally I only wanted friends to talk to, and get advice for my future travels. Well I shockingly received lots of mail. Was very surprised to be asked for my phone number by total strangers. Spoke to a few nice people, but most are clearly after something. Have heard so many stories about sick family members, they can't find work. Or they can't pay their phone bill. Honestly I was shocked by someone saying these things in a first conversation.

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
Not surprising as they usually take advantage of those that are open to meeting new people and expanding their horizons. Plus if they know you have plans to travel who knows Tunisia or wherever they’re from might be next on the agenda. Hopefully bringing lots of goodies with you ;)

But yeah bringing those things up so early in a convo is a bit unusual as they normally play the long game and get you hooked first.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly I was surprised to find these "rats" on even penpal websites. I love to travel, and joined penpal websites, and travel websites. Being a gay guy I was surprised to get mails from these guys. Personally I only wanted friends to talk to, and get advice for my future travels. Well I shockingly received lots of mail. Was very surprised to be asked for my phone number by total strangers. Spoke to a few nice people, but most are clearly after something. Have heard so many stories about sick family members, they can't find work. Or they can't pay their phone bill. Honestly I was shocked by someone saying these things in a first conversation.
Welcome to the forum @ty123

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you are being approached by male rats, as far as they are concerned 'any holes a goal' and a means to extracting as much money and gifts from you as possible. Anal sex is rife in Tunisia as many think that they will get away with still being a virgin on their wedding day!

I am pleased to see you have your wits about you and learning all the warning signs.

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi @ty123 welcome to the forum. It's no surprise for us here these rats spread their wings wide so there is always an opportunity to find another victim, male or female they don't care as long as it brings them profit. Be careful what you tell them in private and don't send any money

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Welcome to the world of rats, it is disgusting

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Not surprising as they usually take advantage of those that are open to meeting new people and expanding their horizons. Plus if they know you have plans to travel who knows Tunisia or wherever they’re from might be next on the agenda. Hopefully bringing lots of goodies with you ;)

But yeah bringing those things up so early in a convo is a bit unusual as they normally play the long game and get you hooked first.
Maybe they have different tactics with guys, nevertheless stay clear from their kind wanting (help) money so soon???!!

Peacock

Major Ratslayer
Whatever you do, don't get involved with one of them as they will destroy you! They won't care whether you are male or female as all they want is money.

ty123

But yeah bringing those things up so early in a convo is a bit unusual as they normally play the long game and get you hooked firs
Welcome to the forum @ty123

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you are being approached by male rats, as far as they are concerned 'any holes a goal' and a means to extracting as much money and gifts from you as possible. Anal sex is rife in Tunisia as many think that they will get away with still being a virgin on their wedding day!

I am pleased to see you have your wits about you and learning all the warning signs.

MH x

At first I was really surprised at them. I am not use to a person telling me so many personal things on a first conversation. Honestly I thought it was odd them wanting my phone number, and on a first email. Even in University I would not give out my phone number to a classmate until I knew them. One thing I found very odd was they claimed to be so poor, but always had a fresh hair cut, and very nice clothes.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
At first I was really surprised at them. I am not use to a person telling me so many personal things on a first conversation. Honestly I thought it was odd them wanting my phone number, and on a first email. Even in University I would not give out my phone number to a classmate until I knew them. One thing I found very odd was they claimed to be so poor, but always had a fresh hair cut, and very nice clothes.
Thought these guys are really bold to ask for help, and I just meet them. Thought don't they have pride? Sure there has to be some work they can do, and earn their money.
Fishing for new victims via the internet is their job. I am sure there will be people sending money to them so they look nice for those who visit them in tunisia and no they don't have any pride they only want money, gifts and have sex with whoever wants them, they are not picky : old, young, fat, slender, very beautiful, male or female. When they have gathered enough money by scamming they go for the tunisian virgin and get married. Don't be fooled by the families or friends from these rats they know exactly what their son is doing when they invite the women into their homes.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Thought these guys are really bold to ask for help, and I just meet them. Thought don't they have pride? Sure there has to be some work they can do, and earn their money.
No pride haircut every week! Why work when they can scam women? And hair cut my rats cost 45 dinars.... NOT but that’s what he told me:( 7max dirty rats!!!!! Don’t believe anything he says!

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
There is work out there, but these types of men that we fondly call “rats” prefer easy money. An honest day’s work is seen as an insult. Don’t let the sob stories fool you, they’re not struggling in the same way that truly poverty stricken people are - they have resources, a strong network of family and friends that help each other out, and many have family abroad sending money back. They just want more! And I can’t see it ending any time soon, as long as the cost of marriage is so high, and the lust for a luxury lifestyle.

ty123

There is work out there, but these types of men that we fondly call “rats” prefer easy money. An honest day’s work is seen as an insult. Don’t let the sob stories fool you, they’re not struggling in the same way that truly poverty stricken people are - they have resources, a strong network of family and friends that help each other out, and many have family abroad sending money back. They just want more! And I can’t see it ending any time soon, as long as the cost of marriage is so high, and the lust for a luxury lifestyle.
Actually going to a 9 to 5 is much easier than scamming. The scammers seem as if they work 24/7.

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
What MH said, plus regular work in North Africa is usually more like 9am-10pm, 6 days a week and for a low but manageable wage. Not the kind of wage that could afford one new Nikes or the latest iPhone, and definitely no savings. I agree that it’s not easy but then when you look at the alternative. In a rat’s eyes, why bother going through all that when you can earn a month’s salary in a quick phone call faking an emergency. Then the next day off you go to Western Union hand over the code and voila, £500 (several month’s wages) for mugging someone off while you’re swiping your smartphone and smoking shisha with your equally amused rat friends :love:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
What MH said, plus regular work in North Africa is usually more like 9am-10pm, 6 days a week and for a low but manageable wage. Not the kind of wage that could afford one new Nikes or the latest iPhone, and definitely no savings. I agree that it’s not easy but then when you look at the alternative. In a rat’s eyes, why bother going through all that when you can earn a month’s salary in a quick phone call faking an emergency. Then the next day off you go to Western Union hand over the code and voila, £500 (several month’s wages) for mugging someone off while you’re swiping your smartphone and smoking shisha with your equally amused rat friends :love:
Ughhhh:Evil:you are so right

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Gotta keep up with the Mohameds:) I don’t think there are many “Jones” there

Starlight

Major Ratslayer
Tney are the most incredible fakers ever stinky dirty unwashed rats in mind and in body !!!! They work both ways and will have sex with anyone or anything beware the unhygienic ways can be lethal for diseases as washing comes last on priority list wether homosexual or straight beware off the tunisian dirty rats !!!!!!

Starlight

Major Ratslayer
They lie so much they actually begin to belive the lies i did not see any poor tunisian men in tunisia always good phones good clothes and many with scooters ,but the envy and jealousy between each other is rife beware tunisians play a dangerous game both ways and don't care who they have sex with so long as the dinas keep on coming and not very particular clean in that way sad but true

ty123

They lie so much they actually begin to belive the lies i did not see any poor tunisian men in tunisia always good phones good clothes and many with scooters ,but the envy and jealousy between each other is rife beware tunisians play a dangerous game both ways and don't care who they have sex with so long as the dinas keep on coming and not very particular clean in that way sad but true
Yeah I was just really surprised to see how nice their clothes, phones are. They seem to go often to the barber, and are well groomed. I was just shocked at how bold some where to ask for money. All of them had either a sick brother, mother, father, and or a big problem. Even meet a few Nigerians trying to pull the same thing.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
There are actually many gay men in Tunisia and it’s starting to be publicly displayed and even accepted…. Not talking about the rats…… they remind me of the hopping girl barking on coming to America “ whatever you like your highness”…hhhh .. zero personality, just in it for money.

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Yeah I was just really surprised to see how nice their clothes, phones are. They seem to go often to the barber, and are well groomed. I was just shocked at how bold some where to ask for money. All of them had either a sick brother, mother, father, and or a big problem. Even meet a few Nigerians trying to pull the same thing.
Nigeria is bad news for scamming....have sophisticated networks for scamming.....on a global scale.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Mine went to the barber every week @45.00 a cut :Geek: