Welcome to TLR

Recipes you have liked and want to cook

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Thought this might be quite a nice post to share authentic recipes from Tunisia. I know several people have commented on the food and it is tasty!

I dont have any to post but do love their food - oh and i have the all important harrissa to use up :love:

MH x

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I found 4 recent ones and tried to move them over but it didn't work - there are two recent ones left but we are looking into the other 4 before i move them over.

But yes all previous recipes were lost during a former site update @AmberHeart

MH x

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Djerba Rice :love:

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 lb rice (parboiled, long grain)
  • 2 lb lamb , cut into small pieces
  • ¾ lb lamb liver (or beef liver), cut into small cubes
  • 8 oz. chickpeas (soaked overnight)
  • 8 oz. peas (fresh or frozen)
  • 3 carrots , peeled and diced
  • 5 large onions , chopped
  • 5 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoons harissa
  • 1 lb fresh spinach (or 2 bunches chard), finely chopped
  • 1 bunch parsley
  • 1 teaspoon tabel (Tunisian spice blend, mainly coriander, and a combination of paprika, caraway, garlic, ginger, mint, dried chili)
  • 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • ½ teaspoon turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon dried mint
  • ½ cup olive oil9
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Fried green hot peppers (to serve)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Rinse the rice thoroughly and drain for 30 minutes.
  2. Boil a large amount of water in the bottom of a couscous maker (or double boiler).
  3. Place all the ingredients and spices in a large bowl and mix well so that everything is well blended with the spices, herbs and olive oil.
  4. When the steam escapes from the holes of the couscoussier, place all the mixture.
  5. Make a small hole in the center, cover and cook, stirring gently from time to time until the chickpeas become tender. Cook for about an hour.
  6. Arrange in a dome shape in a serving dish. Decorate with fried green hot peppers and enjoy hot.
RECIPE NOTES
  • This recipe can also be prepared with seafood (without liver), or beef, or chicken, instead of lamb.

Last edited by a moderator: