Welcome to TLR

Reliable Lawyer in Sousse

T

twagconvert

Hey everyone :)

For those of you that haven't seen my previous thread/posts I have very recently managed to divorce my Husband in Tunisia (Sousse).

I know its a struggle finding a solicitor/Lawyer/Advocate in Tunisia that you can be sure is reliable. The guy I used was professional, efficient, honest gave me a price before I arrived and never once asked me for extra and the process for the divorce was a whole lot easier than I feared it would be.

His Name is Wahid Ben Ammar

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wahid.b.ammar?fref=ts

Email: [email protected]

Mobile: 00216 22411660 / 00216 98419620

He put my nerves at ease as soon as I met him making it clear he was there for me and not my now Ex husband, always on time for court (there were two hearings I had to attend) and all I am now waiting for is my final papers which can take a month or two. Please feel free to tell him Gemma reccommended him, I wish you all luck if you have any need for his services xx

T

twagconvert

I wasnt sure where to put his details but thought one of you more experienced members might have some ideas :) xx

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Hi

Can i ask how much is a divorce in Tunisia
Hi Louise1983,
I don't know the cost but there are other member here who have divorced so might be able to help you.
I do know that it's considerably cheaper to divorce in Tunisia than in the UK.
Have you read all the other threads discussing divorce ? There are lots of factors involved depending on if your husband now lives in in your country, or has lived in your country but has returned to Tunisia.
It also depends which country you live in because there would be different laws about how you can divorce and where that divorce would be registered etc.
For example if you are both living in the UK you can divorce him in the UK but you would still be legally married in Tunisia, unless the divorce is also registered there.
Could you give some more details please and this will help people to advise you. :)

H

Honebz

I have been looking for a lawyer as the British court has me running around like a blue ass fly. I 've contacted Wahid Ben Ammar and he is happy to help me get divorced from my husband. I'm glad and grateful to know that he is reptutable as I didn't want to hand over money via western union as I cannot travel to Tunsian for fear of my life and daughter. I will be so relieved when I'm finally divorced.

W

WomenBeWise

Hey everyone :)

For those of you that haven't seen my previous thread/posts I have very recently managed to divorce my Husband in Tunisia (Sousse).

I know its a struggle finding a solicitor/Lawyer/Advocate in Tunisia that you can be sure is reliable. The guy I used was professional, efficient, honest gave me a price before I arrived and never once asked me for extra and the process for the divorce was a whole lot easier than I feared it would be.

His Name is Wahid Ben Ammar

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wahid.b.ammar?fref=ts

Email: [email protected]

Mobile: 00216 22411660 / 00216 98419620

He put my nerves at ease as soon as I met him making it clear he was there for me and not my now Ex husband, always on time for court (there were two hearings I had to attend) and all I am now waiting for is my final papers which can take a month or two. Please feel free to tell him Gemma reccommended him, I wish you all luck if you have any need for his services xx
Well done on getting through this and for the recommendation.

I have a British friend looking to divorce her Tunisian husband. She has 2 children to care for. She's scared of starting the process because she's afraid she'll loose everything. I keep telling her that the children must be provided for as a minimum under Islamic law.

I wish you every future happiness.

DarkTown

Major Ratslayer
Well done on getting through this and for the recommendation.

I have a British friend looking to divorce her Tunisian husband. She has 2 children to care for. She's scared of starting the process because she's afraid she'll loose everything. I keep telling her that the children must be provided for as a minimum under Islamic law.

I wish you every future happiness.
the government is working on new law about allowing kids to leave Tunisia without the father consent

H

Honebz

Can I ask I have taken the services of Wahid Ben Ammar to do my divorce and after agreeing the cost. He now says that because I have a daughter the cost will now be different as it's now a different case. He says he will be putting the case forward for her to live with me. Has any other mothers had this situation?

D

Deleted member 146

You and your daughter are UK citizens. Of course she lives with you. Just don´t visit Tunisia with her. At the moment, the father still has the right to keep her there. In Tunisia, she is a tunisian citizen. I would tell the lawyer just to get your divorce and be done with it. Never heard of it, that it costs more, if children are involved.

H

Honebz

You and your daughter are UK citizens. Of course she lives with you. Just don´t visit Tunisia with her. At the moment, the father still has the right to keep her there. In Tunisia, she is a tunisian citizen. I would tell the lawyer just to get your divorce and be done with it. Never heard of it, that it costs more, if children are involved.

Hi,

Yes that is what I plan to do. I'm never taking her back there as he threaten to kill us just because I couldn't get him to the UK fast enough. I had just buried my mother we he behaved in this disgusting way.

C

Caramel

Hi,

Yes that is what I plan to do. I'm never taking her back there as he threaten to kill us just because I couldn't get him to the UK fast enough. I had just buried my mother we he behaved in this disgusting way.
So sorry to hear what happened to you. You are well rid, although you have a beautiful child but it shows he was only after a visa. Think of all the effort and stress you would have had to endure to get him here. The nastiness that he has shown you, he would have revealed once he got his visa. He must have thought this child was his passport to get here, the 'anchor' child. These men have no idea of the damage they do when marrying into another culture. By the way, the advice given above about just asking the lawyer to divorce you is what I would take. If not, divorce him here which you can do if you are living in separate countries. Why go through all the hassle of Tunisia? All you do after is to ask a lawyer there to register your divorce in Tunisia. At least, here it will be in the divorce registry.

T

Tunisian Lawyer

If the lawyer asked for more money for your case, you have to verify if your husband in Tunisia began an action for the guarding(nurse) of the girl who will be an additional work for your lawyer .
Because there is a difference between a case simple of divorce and a case or there is divorce + action at the judge of the family (who is in class already begun by your husband to have the girl) you have to explain to your lawyer that you will be alone in Tunisia ....

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
If the lawyer asked for more money for your case, you have to verify if your husband in Tunisia began an action for the guarding(nurse) of the girl who will be an additional work for your lawyer .
Because there is a difference between a case simple of divorce and a case or there is divorce + action at the judge of the family (who is in class already begun by your husband to have the girl) you have to explain to your lawyer that you will be alone in Tunisia ....
But if she stays in the UK than Tunisian courts have no Jurisdiction over her or their child. So if he has started action for guarding the daughter it will only benefit him IF she returns to Tunisia with the child and she has no intention of doing that.

Last edited:

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Can I ask I have taken the services of Wahid Ben Ammar to do my divorce and after agreeing the cost. He now says that because I have a daughter the cost will now be different as it's now a different case. He says he will be putting the case forward for her to live with me. Has any other mothers had this situation?
Hi Honebz, if your husband is in Tunisia with no hope of getting a visa to the UK do you need to divorce him?

Unless you want to remarry it is more of a problem for him than it is for you.

He can do nothing unless he manages to get a visa and come to the UK. And (unless he has a desirable profession that will get him a work visa or enough money or ties to Tunisia to get a visitor visa - both highly unlikely) the only way he can do that is through a spouse visa - this would mean he needs to divorce you first and marry another UK citizen. So if it was me I would just leave it for him to sort out this problem and pay for lawyers, why should you go to further expense to help him?

S

suzane

Hello I am married since 2012 with a Tunisian (from Msaken near 15 km of Sousse) ... nothing walk since a period ... fortunately when we still have no children!
I decided to pass in divorce...... some friends (in the field of the tourism) recommended me to contact WAHID BEN AMMAR,lawyer in SOUSSE they told me that he is among the good lawyers of Tunisia in this type of case and i have no again made the decision.....

H

Honebz

Hi,

Yes it sounds like that is what he is trying to do.

Thank you for all your comments.

H

Honebz

So sorry to hear what happened to you. You are well rid, although you have a beautiful child but it shows he was only after a visa. Think of all the effort and stress you would have had to endure to get him here. The nastiness that he has shown you, he would have revealed once he got his visa. He must have thought this child was his passport to get here, the 'anchor' child. These men have no idea of the damage they do when marrying into another culture. By the way, the advice given above about just asking the lawyer to divorce you is what I would take. If not, divorce him here which you can do if you are living in separate countries. Why go through all the hassle of Tunisia? All you do after is to ask a lawyer there to register your divorce in Tunisia. At least, here it will be in the divorce registry.

Hi

Thank you, I've been trying but to no avail with the British court. As I do not have a personal add for him just po box, which the papers were sent but he claims to not receive them. I then asked for a lawyer in Tunisia to deliver and get him to sign and return to me and he said that would cost just over £200. Which having has papers already draw up by the British court, I only needed his signature and I know special delivery does not cost two hundred quid.