Welcome to TLR

Reliable Lawyer in Sousse

H

Honebz

Hi Honebz, if your husband is in Tunisia with no hope of getting a visa to the UK do you need to divorce him?

Unless you want to remarry it is more of a problem for him than it is for you.

He can do nothing unless he manages to get a visa and come to the UK. And (unless he has a desirable profession that will get him a work visa or enough money or ties to Tunisia to get a visitor visa - both highly unlikely) the only way he can do that is through a spouse visa - this would mean he needs to divorce you first and marry another UK citizen. So if it was me I would just leave it for him to sort out this problem and pay for lawyers, why should you go to further expense to help him?

It's been over two years since we've been apart and his has no money or any intentions of remarry he would be happy to stay as we are. As for me I do want to move on in time but I just cannot sit back and do nothing. I tried through UK and it's getting me nowhere and I definitely don't want to enter another relationship while married to him. It's not easy to move forward with the emotional damage he's caused but I want get divorced from this cruel heartless person and heal.

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
If the lawyer asked for more money for your case, you have to verify if your husband in Tunisia began an action for the guarding(nurse) of the girl who will be an additional work for your lawyer .
Because there is a difference between a case simple of divorce and a case or there is divorce + action at the judge of the family (who is in class already begun by your husband to have the girl) you have to explain to your lawyer that you will be alone in Tunisia ....
Hi,

Yes it sounds like that is what he is trying to do.

Thank you for all your comments.
How can your lawyer contact him ? :confused:

If your husband has started action over custody of your daughter than your lawyer will have his contact details.

Last edited:

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Hi,
Yes that is what I plan to do. I'm never taking her back there as he threaten to kill us just because I couldn't get him to the UK fast enough. I had just buried my mother we he behaved in this disgusting way.
It's been over two years since we've been apart and his has no money or any intentions of remarry he would be happy to stay as we are. As for me I do want to move on in time but I just cannot sit back and do nothing. I tried through UK and it's getting me nowhere and I definitely don't want to enter another relationship while married to him. It's not easy to move forward with the emotional damage he's caused but I want get divorced from this cruel heartless person and heal.
I think he has every intention of marrying again - it is the only way he will get a visa - he's just saying this to make you pay for the divorce.

He's probably got a few many visa victims in the pipe line as we speak and as soon as one of them pans out he'll be rushing to file for divorce.

In the meantime contact the immigration department and send them as much proof as you can that this was a scam marriage to stop him getting a future UK visa and contact UK Marriage Fraud http://www.stopukmarriagefraud.com/ AND http://www.immigrationmarriagefrauduk.com/

You need to protect your daughter, if he get's visa to UK he could take your daughter back to Tunisia without your consent and once she is there you will have little hope of getting her back - yes, the Tunisian courts will give you custody until she is 7 but you will not be allowed to take her out of Tunisia so you will be stuck there with no means of support except the pittance he will have to pay you (if he pays you)

Last edited:

Meteorite

Major Ratslayer
Hi

Thank you, I've been trying but to no avail with the British court. As I do not have a personal add for him just po box, which the papers were sent but he claims to not receive them. I then asked for a lawyer in Tunisia to deliver and get him to sign and return to me and he said that would cost just over £200. Which having has papers already draw up by the British court, I only needed his signature and I know special delivery does not cost two hundred quid.
Hi @Honebz

So sorry to read your thread, you must be beside yourself with worry for your daughter. I agree with other members, keep her out of Tunisia meantime. Also interesting to note that they are looking at the law, Tunisian men have too much say when it comes to children and not enough input as a father to their children. Women are the stay at home look after the kids there, so what is different here? Nothing just their bloody mentality. He does not want his daughter to be westernised (i.e. a slut) and of course we are all so bad compared with the women of Tunisia (cough cough :confused::confused: not what I seen!).

Seems a very fair price for your lawyer to do this work. Am sure he has also good reviews :) Having worked for lawyers for a long time now, I know their fees can be extortionate (obviously the higher ranked the lawyer the more cost). And I agree with the lawyer that if it is extra work to fight for your daughter as well as the divorce, then it will cost extra. Time is money as they say. I do hope it has not cost you too much here, our justice system seems tied on what it can do in Tunisia. Its a shame the British courts cant do more for you. I would go with the £200 for delivery and signature and any additional costs for the peace of mind that your getting your divorce and your daughter is safe. She is the most important thing in your life and no amount of money is too much to pay for the peace of mind.

Good luck I really hope it all comes together for you and things are finalised and signed soon. My very best wishes to both you and your daughter. Stay strong xx

Meteorite

Major Ratslayer
I think he has every intention of marrying again - it is the only way he will get a visa - he's just saying this to make you pay for the divorce.

He's probably got a few many visa victims in the pipe line as we speak and as soon as one of them pans out he'll be rushing to file for divorce.

In the meantime contact the immigration department and send them as much proof as you can that this was a scam marriage to stop him getting a future UK visa and contact UK Marriage Fraud http://www.stopukmarriagefraud.com/ AND http://www.immigrationmarriagefrauduk.com/

You need to protect your daughter, if he get's visa to UK he could take your daughter back to Tunisia without your consent and once she is there you will have little hope of getting her back - yes, the Tunisian courts will give you custody until she is 7 but you will not be allowed to take her out of Tunisia so you will be stuck there with no means of support except the pittance he will have to pay you (if he pays you)
Loving the old tracked changes @blonde bitch makes me miss work hahaha ;) google eyed reading documents covered in red strikethough blue underlining green highlighting with notes and normal type.........:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek:..phew and that was just thinking about it

H

Honebz

Hi @Honebz

So sorry to read your thread, you must be beside yourself with worry for your daughter. I agree with other members, keep her out of Tunisia meantime. Also interesting to note that they are looking at the law, Tunisian men have too much say when it comes to children and not enough input as a father to their children. Women are the stay at home look after the kids there, so what is different here? Nothing just their bloody mentality. He does not want his daughter to be westernised (i.e. a slut) and of course we are all so bad compared with the women of Tunisia (cough cough :confused::confused: not what I seen!).

Seems a very fair price for your lawyer to do this work. Am sure he has also good reviews :) Having worked for lawyers for a long time now, I know their fees can be extortionate (obviously the higher ranked the lawyer the more cost). And I agree with the lawyer that if it is extra work to fight for your daughter as well as the divorce, then it will cost extra. Time is money as they say. I do hope it has not cost you too much here, our justice system seems tied on what it can do in Tunisia. Its a shame the British courts cant do more for you. I would go with the £200 for delivery and signature and any additional costs for the peace of mind that your getting your divorce and your daughter is safe. She is the most important thing in your life and no amount of money is too much to pay for the peace of mind.

Good luck I really hope it all comes together for you and things are finalised and signed soon. My very best wishes to both you and your daughter. Stay strong xx
Thanks for your reply.

I had a call from ex to be husband saying that he will protest the divorce unless I give him x...amount and I'm talking thousands.
He said if I don't pay....I will continue to go back and forth and after threes years the Tunisian court will judge in his favour and apparently I will then have to pay thousands more. I'm so stressed....apparently I've ruined his life by not bringing him to UK and that he's not seen his daughter.
I travelled back and forth with her since she was six wks old, paid for shopping, spending money, brought clothing and laptops, phones, aftershaves, paid for all wedding costs...apartment for him to live in for over a year! An he comes to me with all this.....

crystal

The Punchy Scot
Thanks for your reply.

I had a call from ex to be husband saying that he will protest the divorce unless I give him x...amount and I'm talking thousands.
He said if I don't pay....I will continue to go back and forth and after threes years the Tunisian court will judge in his favour and apparently I will then have to pay thousands more. I'm so stressed....apparently I've ruined his life by not bringing him to UK and that he's not seen his daughter.
I travelled back and forth with her since she was six wks old, paid for shopping, spending money, brought clothing and laptops, phones, aftershaves, paid for all wedding costs...apartment for him to live in for over a year! An he comes to me with all this.....
Don't let this idiot frighten you, he can't stop the divorce.. and he will not get a penny... get a good lawyer.. Caramel will help you with this... he is a nothing a nobody you are very safe... I recently visited a lawyer and he was unsure if there was a lawyer here in the \uk that dealt with Tunisian Law?? I am sure there must be... but would be expensive here I would think?? but at least you would have peace of mind... I can't advise you as you have a child and unsure what would be best for you, may be the only option you have is a Tunisian lawyer, but I do not know if you can divorce him? if he does not want.. normally they want a divorce, but he has nochance of getting money.. you would need to put together a counter claim... for all he has had from you.. Bear in mind that he has supposed to be supporting you and the child??? don;t be stressed, sit back and watch him squirm.. Tell him to bring it on!!!!

Meteorite

Major Ratslayer
Don't let this idiot frighten you, he can't stop the divorce.. and he will not get a penny... get a good lawyer.. Caramel will help you with this... he is a nothing a nobody you are very safe... I recently visited a lawyer and he was unsure if there was a lawyer here in the \uk that dealt with Tunisian Law?? I am sure there must be... but would be expensive here I would think?? but at least you would have peace of mind... I can't advise you as you have a child and unsure what would be best for you, may be the only option you have is a Tunisian lawyer, but I do not know if you can divorce him? if he does not want.. normally they want a divorce, but he has nochance of getting money.. you would need to put together a counter claim... for all he has had from you.. Bear in mind that he has supposed to be supporting you and the child??? don;t be stressed, sit back and watch him squirm.. Tell him to bring it on!!!!
LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE ACTUALLY WHERE IS THE LOVE BUTTON :love::love::love:

Meteorite

Major Ratslayer
Thanks for your reply.

hey sweetie

My heart goes out to you. Being a single mother is a huge job in itself without tricky dicky husbands making your life a misery. These are the best years daughters life and HE choses to ruin her childhood with his bickering and Neanderthal beliefs. Your selfish low life scummy husband is a selfish prick! Does he not realise his daughter wont have a life in Tunisia? he does not want to lie there himself and cant wait to get out so what is he going to punish his daughter because he has to stay in his shitty country. I am speechless I really am. he is a pathetic excuse for a man, you fight with all you are, I believe you will win, not because the justice system is on your side, or because you are willing to pay an excruciating amount of money, but because god will not punish the good, only the guilty! I wish there was more I could do or say to alleviate your fears, and give you the good new you so desparetely want, but I cant. I can however offer you my shoulder should you need it, my hand should you need help up, and my deepest heartfelt love for you and your daughter and the promise of support until the day you can smile and enjoy your life with your beautiful daughter in peace and harmony. Good luck, and don't give up, we are all behind you on this one. Love and big hugs Mxx

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
Thanks for your reply.

He is desperate for a visa, therefore he is desperate for a divorce, more desperate than you are - He NEEDS to remarry to get a visa, you do not need to remarry.

He threatened to kill you just because you couldn't get him to the UK fast enough and yet now he says he is happy to stay as you are (married) - NO NO NO... He is not happy to stay married (he wants a visa), he is playing a game when he says this and he has just shown his hand - what he wants it to blackmail you into giving him money in return for the divorce that he so desperately wants.

As long as he stays married to you he cannot remarry and therefore cannot get a visa - he is trapped in Tunisia.

Honey, you will be doing him a huge favour if you pursue this divorce, because at long as you remain married he is trapped in Tunisia and he cannot touch you.

Like MH says: Let him divorce you - he will because he will want to marry the next victim.

In the meantime concentrate your energies on finding out how to protect your child in case he does get a UK visa in the future, find out if you can get a court order to stop him taking her out of the UK (if he ever manages to get here)

Contact immigration with all the evidence you have of a scam marriage to try stop him getting a visa for the UK if he does remarry.

If you really feel, emotionally, that you need to cut ties with him, you can register a legal separation https://www.gov.uk/legal-separation while you sit back and let him pay for the divorce.

Last edited:

Meteorite

Major Ratslayer
hello. I have a friend who needs your help? she received a letter today from a police officer, and the letter said that she must be on the negotiating 1/6 in Tunis. Then her question, she must go all the way to Tunis to go on a trial hearing to his ex wants to divorce, but she has already accepted it in Europe. Does anyone know if it should be so?
Hi Stina perhaps you could ask @Caramel or maybe @Tactfull. Good luck hun hope someone can help you on this. How long were they married? When you say negotiation 1/6 is that 1 June? Or is that 1/6 as in something else? Take care xxx

T

Tactfull

Hi Stina perhaps you could ask @Caramel or maybe @Tactfull. Good luck hun hope someone can help you on this. How long were they married? When you say negotiation 1/6 is that 1 June? Or is that 1/6 as in something else? Take care xxx
Is up to her if she want to go .

first time she not go . Second time she not want to go too .
Third time i guess her ex husband he will get divorce from court .
i think it's like that .

Meteorite

Major Ratslayer
Is up to her if she want to go .

first time she not go . Second time she not want to go too .
Third time i guess her ex husband he will get divorce from court .
i think it's like that .
Yes I that was explained to me. @Stina tell your friend to let him to do the divorce he will want out of there and will do it soon enough, why pay more bet she has laid out enough on him in the past. :( hope all goes well :)

H

Honebz

hey sweetie

My heart goes out to you. Being a single mother is a huge job in itself without tricky dicky husbands making your life a misery. These are the best years daughters life and HE choses to ruin her childhood with his bickering and Neanderthal beliefs. Your selfish low life scummy husband is a selfish prick! Does he not realise his daughter wont have a life in Tunisia? he does not want to lie there himself and cant wait to get out so what is he going to punish his daughter because he has to stay in his shitty country. I am speechless I really am. he is a pathetic excuse for a man, you fight with all you are, I believe you will win, not because the justice system is on your side, or because you are willing to pay an excruciating amount of money, but because god will not punish the good, only the guilty! I wish there was more I could do or say to alleviate your fears, and give you the good new you so desparetely want, but I cant. I can however offer you my shoulder should you need it, my hand should you need help up, and my deepest heartfelt love for you and your daughter and the promise of support until the day you can smile and enjoy your life with your beautiful daughter in peace and harmony. Good luck, and don't give up, we are all behind you on this one. Love and big hugs Mxx

Thank you for your help and support, I truly appreciate it.x

H

Honebz

Thank you for your helpful advice, I will make a note to apply for a counter claim. xx

Sarah420

Can I ask I have taken the services of Wahid Ben Ammar to do my divorce and after agreeing the cost. He now says that because I have a daughter the cost will now be different as it's now a different case. He says he will be putting the case forward for her to live with me. Has any other mothers had this situation?
Can I ask.. is WAHID ben Ammar trustworthy? In your experience? Please

C

Celestine

Can I ask.. is WAHID ben Ammar trustworthy? In your experience? Please
Hi Sarah420, it looks like honebz hasn't logged on here since 2015, hopefully there are other members who have dealt with him and might be able to help

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
For future reference, anyone looking for a Reputable, honest and trustworthy Tunisian Lawyer should contact the details below, I will personally vouch for his integrity.

Me Malek Rejiba
Rue 22 Janvier 1952
Immeuble Gloulou II
4000 Sousse
Tel 73211637
Email : [email protected]
Hi Sarah, Malak Rejiba is mentioned in quite a few threads here as being reliable and trustworthy. I have dealt with him on a smaller scale and wouldn't hesitate to use him again. He speaks almost perfect English which also helps.

I would suggest phoning him initially and after you can communicate by email:
00216 73211637 or 00216 58262705

(00216 is the code for Tunisia from the UK, if you are in another country it might be different)

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sarah, Malak Rejiba is mentioned in quite a few threads here as being reliable and trustworthy. I have dealt with him on a smaller scale and wouldn't hesitate to use him again. He speaks almost perfect English which also helps.

I would suggest phoning him initially and after you can communicate by email:
00216 73211637 or 00216 58262705

(00216 is the code for Tunisia from the UK, if you are in another country it might be different)
@Sarah420

A friend of mine also used Malak Rejiba and found him professional and trustworthy HOWEVER I would ask costs first as with dealing with anyone.

MH x