Welcome to TLR

Riu Palace Hammamet Marhaba - Issam Askri

CCUK

We got talking in the hotel dining room. Then we’d meet up in the evenings and go for drinks, sometimes just me & him and other times with his friends. My last day was his day off so we just met up in a cafe etc. He has asked me to go back to see him. I really like him and if he was in the uk I’d definitely date him. I’m just wondering what I’m getting myself in to lol I’ve already spotted the Hotel chef in the gallery on here so just being cautious :)

D

Deleted member 146

We got talking in the hotel dining room. Then we’d meet up in the evenings and go for drinks, sometimes just me & him and other times with his friends. My last day was his day off so we just met up in a cafe etc. He has asked me to go back to see him. I really like him and if he was in the uk I’d definitely date him. I’m just wondering what I’m getting myself in to lol I’ve already spotted the Hotel chef in the gallery on here so just being cautious :)

May I ask who payed :)

D

Deleted member 34774

Tread lightly CCUK. Read as many stories as you can. Heidi asked a valid question.

I noticed you said the chef is already on here. If he is a waiter, more than likely he knows this chef. Meaning, he knows bezness too. Be careful. I also noticed he had drinks with you. If alcoholic in nature, thats a red flag. Most good Tunisian men follow their religion (Islam), they dont drink. Its haram. I could be reading too much into that since Tunisia is more liberal (maybe the other women can elaborate more). But please be careful. His chef being on there concerns me. @Mango Chutney , what are your thiughts. Heidi is already on it too.

I feel like a detective btw :p

CCUK

Hi ladies, payments were equal. I’ve got a few Muslim friends with various nationalities. Some of them drink, some of them don’t so I wasn’t too bothered by that. I’ve been single for 2 years so yes I admit it was nice to have some male attention/ company and thought there’s no harm in going out for a drink. At the time I thought I’d just enjoy myself and figured he’d have a different girl every week. I don’t mean to be judgmental but I’m not planning on wearing rose tinted glasses either haha. I won’t be rushing back any time soon cause I am super wary but I’ve had plenty English idiots try to take me for a ride so I’m just thinking there’s good and bad everywhere

M

Mango Chutney

Hello, CCUK....welcome here :)
Don't trust a waiter!!! I saw them in action first hand....if only I'd known :rolleyes:
Who is the chef in the gallery?
You do know he disrespected you by going out alone with you? If he did that with a Tunisian girl.....they'd be hell to pay....
Why does he want you to come back so fast? I do hope he is helping with costs :thumbsup:

CCUK

Also I was made redundant before my holiday so I made a point of saying I’m jobless with no money and big debts

CCUK

The chef is called Hosni Hasan Tranelsi on here. When he wrote his number on a paper he wrote Hosen.

Think I’ll just be glad I had a nice holiday and great hotel and leave it at that.

L

Laura2014

So putting aside whether or not he's a rat. Just on the practical side. Unless you earn a fortune and he has a lot of savings he will never be allowed to visit you in your country. Assume it’s the UK which is very strict. So you potentially go into a relationship where the onus is on you to travel to see him.

He works as a waiter and romanced you, so every week there will be new women going there. It takes a very strong relationship to form any kind of trust when he has a ready supply of tourists.

I imagine at the moment there are a lot of messages, FaceTime and telling you how much he misses you and wants you to go back. There are huge hurdles to overcome if you are seriously thinking of a longer term relationship. Ultimately that would mean you going to live there.

Then of course the cultural differences and norms. It’s a very rocky difficult road ahead. If you are in just for fun be careful, many started out that way but never underestimate the professional way they manipulate. You will have already heard how tough his life is and how jobs end at the end of the season for many. It doesn’t take look to start feeling guilty or responsible for him if he’s struggling financially. Please have a read of my thread. If it’s your first time here - read this. Then think again. I’ll try and send the link but @Heidi is usually quicker at finding it than I am. Just take it slow and read and learn all you can.

The chef is here - then he also knows all about bezness. They share knowledge about how to scam.

CCUK

I agree, I did think this will go nowhere so what’s the point in keeping in touch. I’ve no intention of living in Tunisia. He’d never get in the UK as you say. I had a good with a hot guy so I’ll just focus on planning next years holiday somewhere lol

Cultural differences don’t phase me cause I’ve had a foreign boyfriend but it definitely takes a lot of understanding.

Anyway I just want to say thank you for being so welcomed to TLR. ♥️

M

Mango Chutney

Think I’ll just be glad I had a nice holiday and great hotel and leave it at that.
This is great :love:
He won't give up easily though.....so brace yourself for the onslaught :D
Telling them you are jobless and poor makes no difference....they see you can afford flights, hotels, phones, lots of clothes etc......and they still believe you are minted....they have a deluded idea of life in our countries :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 146

He knows I’ve got an interview tomorrow and I told my friend the minute I get a sob storey about money I’m out!!! I’ve had manuliputive guys in the past with the suicide threats, the last one I told him to go for it.

You better just ban him from your life. No more contact. Those suckers are good at pulling you back in ;)

CCUK

He told me he was usually a boat mechanic and had only worked as a waiter in the hotel for 3 months but later said he’d worked all summer and hadn’t taken his annual leave I smell a .......you guessed it......rat.
Also there’s a picture on fb of him wearing his own clothes ( not a work uniform) in April 2016 standing at the hotel reception, so I rekon he’s worked there for years.