Welcome to TLR

Seasoned but still in denial

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
And ButterflyBee I’m sure it was said out of frustration when you start thinking about what they did , what we allowed them to do it just hits where it hurts so we may speak out in anger! And blm has nothing to do with black people it’s being backed by evil democrats!!!! They are hurting the black people if anything.. it’s crazy
All lives matter but I agree with ButterflyBee on this it's offensive to some of us and on here we don't know the color of each other's skin and it shouldn't matter either. A movement as BLM is important and has nothing to do with any political party. It's common sence on how to treat a human being.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yes I get people are frustrated but you’re missing the point. You can be frustrated without throwing about racial stereotypes. And yes I know about BLM, I was using an example. Regardless of who is behind BLM it has opened the conversations that need having and people are listening to each other and trying to understand why people of colour get triggered x
I won’t get into that because they are not triggered at all this is what people see in tv point is when white people are shot by police it does not get attention there are more blacks killing blacks then anything else ya don’t hear about that either but it’s true

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
All lives matter but I agree with ButterflyBee on this it's offensive to some of us and on here we don't know the color of each other's skin and it shouldn't matter either. A movement as BLM is important and has nothing to do with any political party. It's common sence on how to treat a human being.
Nope color of skin is nothing to me ! I am not a racist person at all! How did this get into conversation? I’m sorry but I see enough of this crap all over you’ll have to excuse me!

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
And ButterflyBee I’m sure it was said out of frustration when you start thinking about what they did , what we allowed them to do it just hits where it hurts so we may speak out in anger! And blm has nothing to do with black people it’s being backed by evil democrats!!!! They are hurting the black people if anything.. it’s crazy
Yes I get people are frustrated but you’re missing the point. You can be frustrated without throwing about racial stereotypes. And yes I know about BLM, I was using an example. Regardless of who is behind BLM it has opened the conversations that need having and people are listening to each other and trying to understand why people of colour get triggered x
Just replying on other posts where there was mentioned that people from another race or color could be affended by some of the remarks made by other people in the conversation? It's important I think to reflect about it before we write our replys

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
I won’t get into that because they are not triggered at all this is what people see in tv point is when white people are shot by police it does not get attention there are more blacks killing blacks then anything else ya don’t hear about that either but it’s true
Sabrina I think you misunderstood me. I’m not talking specifically about BLM, I was using them as an example of when I quoted someone here about a stereotype against us Arabs, I was pointing out the need for education with how things are worded and some things that are said may not be said to cause offence but unless you are from that race you don’t have a clue what is a trigger and what isn’t

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
@SouthernGirl ,hits the nail on the head ,all the time,,,To be blunt, to me hes a F""ing moron !!!,,How dare he mentally abuse a woman ..I bet when the rose coloured glasses come off ,you will see him as he is..One ugly pos..What right does he have to believe that women will just do what he wants ,he dosnt deserve somone as lovable as you .Tell him to @@@@ off...I wish there was an on off switch installed in our hearts ,,Would make life so much easier ,,,@nortont284 ,just keep posting and tel us all about your doubts ,,Offload on us ,,we listen and that helps when you need a friend who understands ,what your dealing with ,,Listen to your head for once,,sometimes it makes sense..xx
Awww @simple, so nice to hear from you. Your comments are always not only straight to the point, but humorous too! I like the idea of having an on/off switch in our hearts. And in our minds too. As @Sabrina lasser pointed, it’s usually later in the relationship that they start to say degrading words. This one is already rude and demeaning and it’s only the beginning of the relationship. Can’t even play the good guy part right and manage to act kind. This is sloppy rat work. @nortont284, I’d say you’re luckier than many other ladies who were deceived with beautiful words and made to believe they had a good guy. This one already showed his true colors, and the longer you stay, the harder it will be to leave. Don’t accept these insensitive things he says. It’s not funny. It’s heartless and only jerks talk to women in that manner. Staying with him would be reckless because with men like him, it only gets worse.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Awww @simple, so nice to hear from you. Your comments are always not only straight to the point, but humorous too! I like the idea of having an on/off switch in our hearts. And in our minds too. As @Sabrina lasser pointed, it’s usually later in the relationship that they start to say degrading words. This one is already rude and demeaning and it’s only the beginning of the relationship. Can’t even play the good guy part right and manage to act kind. This is sloppy rat work. @nortont284, I’d say you’re luckier than many other ladies who were deceived with beautiful words and made to believe they had a good guy. This one already showed his true colors, and the longer you stay, the harder it will be to leave. Don’t accept these insensitive things he says. It’s not funny. It’s heartless and only jerks talk to women in that manner. Staying with him would be reckless because with men like him, it only gets worse.
You are right I think they started off sweet but didn’t take him long to show his real self and regardless of what he says now there is no taking the hurtful (would’ve been to me) words back ... they are out there now

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
@MH007 this is the kind of stuff that gets on my nerves. Exactly why causes like BLM are important, people throw around words because they think they’re funny not realising stereotypes of a race aren’t funny at all. I know a white European wouldn’t get it as they’re just ‘having a laugh’ but Shite like this is backwards. People don’t ride camels around town, only the tourists. I’m all for this forum but damn. Also saw some comments above about him not speaking down to the lady who made this thread, absolutely don’t take disrespect from any man woman or creature in this earth, if he doesn’t think you’re the most amazing woman in the world kick him to the curb. It is completely normal for men to be busy in weddings ferrying everyone around though, they also help with the setting up and cleaning up too.
You find this offensive? I find some penniless rat telling his GF he met online perhaps her car is too young for her and shes old but young at heart exceptionally abusive, not too mention the invase questions about waxing!!!

PS Please think of it more as a rat stereotype than a racial stereotype, my BF is married to a perfectly good Tunisian male.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
You find this offensive? I find some penniless rat telling his GF he met online perhaps her car is too young for her and shes old but young at heart exceptionally abusive, not too mention the invase questions about waxing!!!

PS Please think of it more as a rat stereotype than a racial stereotype, my BF is married to a perfectly good Tunisian male.
That is very offensive and especially that early in relationship!!! We just happen to meet the young ratty type even if they are beginners

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer

Just saying, cultural stereotypes and rats don’t go hand in hand. Obviously that’s offensive and disgusting too.

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
Clearly you missed mine or is this a trick question?
You wasn’t talking about your rat though were you. You said about some guy you don’t even knows friend Rides about on a camel, where’s your proof of that? Don’t think you have any so yeah it’s a stereotype

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
You wasn’t talking about your rat though were you. You said about some guy you don’t even knows friend Rides about on a camel, where’s your proof of that? Don’t think you have any so yeah it’s a stereotype
No , you're right, I wasn't talking about my rat initially ( however I do cite him as an example rat when feeding onto threads in my responses).I was talking about some cheeky git who is playing with a member on here,making offensive comments and criticism of what he appropriates as an inappropriate car for her age group.

Sorry, are you working for rats or against them?

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
No , you're right, I wasn't talking about my rat initially ( however I do cite him as an example rat when feeding onto threads in my responses).I was talking about some cheeky git who is playing with a member on here,making offensive comments and criticism of what he appropriates as an inappropriate car for her age group.

Sorry, are you working for rats or against them?
Yes you’ve cracked it well done, I’m working for the rats. Seems anyone who points out something they don’t agree with and gives reasons is a rat or working for them

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
Not necessarily rats but in some of the very rural areas and the desert areas they do
Yes Mica I get that and know that it’s not impossible for a rat to have a camel. My point was that it wasn’t said in advice giving way, it was said in a stereotypical way. I’ve spoken to MH about it - it’s hard to explain here but as a Arab you hear that all the time, people associate us with camels and whatever else and use it as a joke when it isn’t funny for us. Also said to MH, I don’t think it was said to offend. I’m just saying that there are other races on this forum that don’t like stereotypes

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Mica I get that and know that it’s not impossible for a rat to have a camel. My point was that it wasn’t said in advice giving way, it was said in a stereotypical way. I’ve spoken to MH about it - it’s hard to explain here but as a Arab you hear that all the time, people associate us with camels and whatever else and use it as a joke when it isn’t funny for us. Also said to MH, I don’t think it was said to offend. I’m just saying that there are other races on this forum that don’t like stereotypes

It is always a good thing to challenge comments and raise awareness.
What is offensive to one culture might not be offensive in another, or people might be unaware of the connotations to other groups of people.
So, when things like this crop up it should be opened up for discussion to help raise awareness.
I don't believe it was said to offend but rather to counteract the rats critism of the victims mode of transport but, that being said, you were absolutely right to raise the issue and make members aware that this could cause offence.

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
@ButterflyBee if anything I said on this thread has made you feel that I was attacking Arabs with a stereotype then I apologise and this wasn't my intention.
My intention was to defend a member who's rat feels he can pass comments in a deregatory manner. Enough said, can we please move on?
100% with you on that, he sounds like a tosser. I honestly don’t think you said it out of offence, it just triggered me and I apologise too if I was sarcy at all. All good, sorry for hijacking the thread x