Welcome to TLR

Seasoned but still in denial

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
There isn't a time limit to when anyone can respond, you appear a bit touchy and rude
You are right there is no time limit and often threads a year or more old get comments as new members join and read the forums.

I’m sure butterflybee didn’t mean to come across as rude - sometimes members get frustrated and that happens to the best of us.

Hugs

MH x

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
Just because a post doesn't offend one person it can offend the next
Reading around the forum I think it's not really an embracing place for Muslims
The hatred and sarcky comments is a disgrace at times
What hatred and sarky comments? Not a good place for Muslims? This forum is about Rats! Most are Muslims and they are a disgrace to their religion! Dirty lying con men!

simple

Major Ratslayer
Racisim does not play a part here ,,If someone even mentions the word ,,the whole forum would come down on them ,,No member here is racist ,,Lack of knowledge of the muslim faith ,is the only problem .Someone looking to accuse ,can easily find fault . .Many members here are muslim and all of us fell in love with a muslim ,so i woudlnt go there if i were you ,,We are all of different colour ,creed ,age and religious beliefs

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
Exactly it’s the sarcy comments
It’s ok to stereotype Muslims, Tunisians, Arabs but if you dare mention age difference you get attacked and told it’s a trigger
But then others can crack on and speak about Islam, blame it for being scammed, say Tunisian women are walked all over by men and it’s a patriarchal society. Bring this up though and you’re a rat or working for a rat. Makes me wonder how many actually have ever been to Tunisia or just believe what they hear on the internet

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Racisim does not play a part here ,,If someone even mentions the word ,,the whole forum would come down on them ,,No member here is racist ,,Lack of knowledge of the muslim faith ,is the only problem .Someone looking to accuse ,can easily find fault . .Many members here are muslim and all of us fell in love with a muslim ,so i woudlnt go there if i were you ,,We are all of different colour ,creed ,age and religious beliefs
Agree @simple. I know I'm not racist in any way shape or form and everyone I know personally would 100% rubber stamp that and yet I was accused of it ON THIS SITE.
Focus needs to be on rats and not picking/tripping people up if they don't know the ins and outs of arabic culture and religion and take the p out of rats xx

Mica

Administrator
Staff member

Sadly I agree.
MH and I do our best to challenge and edit any such posts and thankfully it rarely happens nowadays.
But, unfortunately, in the past, one of the moderators supported, condoned and even made such comments herself :( - She has now been banned.

MH and I do not always have the time to read every comment and definitely not all the thousands of comments made in the past so unfortunately many of those comments are still here on the forum.

Therefore we ask members who are reading through the older threads to please use the 'Report' link when they find something offensive, so that it is bought to our attention and we can deal with it.

The same applies to recent posts, please 'Report' any offensive posts otherwise a discussion ensues which detracts from the purpose of the thread.
This also means that MH and I have to spend extra time editing the entire discussion rather than just the one post and tempers often get heated and members may receive warnings for breaking the rules..

So please 'Report' the post, rather than starting a discussion about it, and move on.

Thank you

Last edited:

ButterflyBee

Major Ratslayer
Agree @simple. I know I'm not racist in any way shape or form and everyone I know personally would 100% rubber stamp that and yet I was accused of it ON THIS SITE.
Focus needs to be on rats and not picking/tripping people up if they don't know the ins and outs of arabic culture and religion and take the p out of rats xx
I just pointed out a comment made in general that was stereotypical. Taking the p is all good but why poke fun out of people’s culture as it isn’t just rats that share that culture.. that was my point

Last edited by a moderator:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you @Mica

We are ALL here for the same reasons to pass on knowledge, give support and receive support.

Hand on heart I do not believe anyone of us are racists - it’s a very emotive forum with many many victims.

Sometimes things may get said but I can assure all of you that it isn’t personal it is hurt and frustration and aimed at rats.

I believe @Katie1971 was mocking her own heritage not being racist.

Please let us not fall out over this.

Use the report button and like Mica said move on or explain in pm to that person what offended you, sometimes it comes across lost in translation, similar in the way texts or emails can seem rude and/or offensive without meaning to.

Hugs

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
I get what you are saying sometimes the responds are a bit to far and not nice but most of the women are venting because of the bad things the rat did to her and has in my eyes nothing to do with Muslims. This is a support forum for women who got tricked by a tunisian or from another Arab culture, I am sure there are no racists here or else they wouldn't be in a relationship with an Arab, however I understand some remarks are offensive to read but I am sure we can all get along when we are more careful in our remarks about it all to other people's background or religion

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
What’s your point? This conversation finished days ago
A lot of the time its mocking how rats use their religion to get what they want ,,As @Croydon girl said .its disgusting how they do this .I dont believe anyone here disespects any religion,,
I honestly think no body here means any disrespect just so happens these countries are where the guys are from that have used us lied to us and hurt us . And yes we allowed it this is a place for us to unload and learn

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Members here are not racist and if someone said something unfair and inappropriate about Muslims, they were called out on it pretty quick. Members would say something and the admins would not tolerate it. As far as what Simple said, I believe there is some misunderstanding. She wouldn’t attack anyone. She is one of the kindest, most polite and sensible members here. Also if I remember correctly, she comes from a Muslim and/or Arabic family. She doesn’t have one racist bone in her, that I’m certain of. What she meant is it’s easy for someone who looks to be offended to find something offensive. It was not about you, it was a general statement and I completely agree. Don’t see her comment as an attack, it was not. Simple is nononsense and says things as they are but she’s also a peacemaker. She felt, and I felt the same way, that it wasn’t quite fair to say that the forum is not an embracing place for Muslims and the hatred comments are a disgrace. It’s your opinion and it’s respected, but I’m sorry you see this forum that way.
I hope you can see there is no hate and racism here. It’s a place to find information and support and racism has no place here. Many people comment, some come only once and may say weird things that don’t reflect what everyone else thinks, there are some people who may have said unfair statements but they were told immediately as it’s not acceptable.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Remarks to other people's race or religion is wrong no matter what situation sometimes rats are ridiculed but I hope we now know there is a difference as it can offend other people . In my humble opinion I really hope this discussion stops and leave the thread open for Nortont284 as it was her thread

Mica

Administrator
Staff member
Please do not use the forum for personal wants and squabbles.
If you feel someone has personally offended you then please pm them to discuss it or Report the post and we will deal with it on your behalf and edit/delete anything that is unnecessary.

This thread is now being temporarily closed from further comment to give MH and I time to edit out any uneccessary and irrelevant comments.

Last edited:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
@khalissi

I actually think several of your comments are offensive not just to members but to TLR - the issue was dealt with in a mature way and members moved on.

Several members have apologised for what you perceived to be racism and you were all asked nicely to move on and get back to the thread topic.

MH x