Welcome to TLR

test the name

mezoo

The Decider
Ya even cookies are expensive to ship there... lol. I sent a 7 lb box of chocolate to Tunisia for Valentine's Day last year and it cost me nearly $80 just in postage... lol
7 pounds on chocolate,,,,,who's gonna pay for the dentist? :coffee:

Beansontoast

Major Ratslayer
Its like me ...mental,I paid 104€ on excess baggage,when I thought about I could have bit myself,it was a rucksack with about 3 pairs of flipflops, 4 books ,3 Ty Beanie Babes ,Princess Diana version and 2 bottles of Tabu perfume ,what got nicked from the theives in Monastir anyway.With the perfume gone it was worth about 10€ (all ebay stuff of course).PISSAS!:mad:

manzousa

Mezoo.... I know right! My fam there is pretty large (aren't all Tunisian families... he he) and I didn't want to leave anyone out... so I'm sure it really wasn't enough chocolate.. lol

Beans.... I would be so MAD too if I paid that much and most of it didn't make it there for you.... That is the other part I don't love about sending stuff there... you never know what will still be in the package.... Oh and lately Walid has had to pay MORE money to even pick up the package at the Post there.... like 10 dinar for something I only paid $5 to ship (usually a small package with pictures and cards)....

mezoo

The Decider
lost in space

Mezoo.... I know right! My fam there is pretty large (aren't all Tunisian families... he he) and I didn't want to leave anyone out... so I'm sure it really wasn't enough chocolate.. lol...
don't know how long you all have been together but trust me on this and take it to the bank,,,it will never ever be enough.:coffee:

manzousa

don't know how long you all have been together but trust me on this and take it to the bank,,,it will never ever be enough.:coffee:
We've been together for about 2 1/2 years.... married for 7 1/2 months.... and you are so right... My husband alone could have eaten the whole box of chocolate himself but I'm glad he shared.... lol.

Beansontoast

Major Ratslayer
Mezoo.... I know right! My fam there is pretty large (aren't all Tunisian families... he he) and I didn't want to leave anyone out... so I'm sure it really wasn't enough chocolate.. lol

Beans.... I would be so MAD too if I paid that much and most of it didn't make it there for you.... That is the other part I don't love about sending stuff there... you never know what will still be in the package.... Oh and lately Walid has had to pay MORE money to even pick up the package at the Post there.... like 10 dinar for something I only paid $5 to ship (usually a small package with pictures and cards)....

Kaloui THIS is another thing what makes me livid.I used to send packages before and NOW I find out they have to pay another 9 Dinars when the packet is delivered to them!I mean when I have paid 12€ to send it from Germany I have paid ALL the way and not just to the central post.Bloody cheek.If I ever get a packet I am going to kick up a right rumpus.I sent my son a letter the other week and had A write on it in Arabic ONLY A LETTER...they still bloody opened it and half the letter was missing when it arrived.I am thinking of sending a handful of sheep Shite.

mezoo

The Decider
We've been together for about 2 1/2 years.... married for 7 1/2 months.... and you are so right... My husband alone could have eaten the whole box of chocolate himself but I'm glad he shared.... lol.
that's so nice. what i meant the circle will grow and demands for more will exponentially increase with the number of years that you are married. we were up to 3 good sized boxes at a time, until the us postal service stopped shipping surface to tunisia. i will not post that much air-post. this stuff was presented to all sorts of folks and given as gifts, from my family and out bound to all sorts of people, as gifts from them. it wasn't a rat thing it's just the way it is with tunisians and will never be enough, until you stop sending. keep it up for 4-5 years and then just stop...watch what happens.:coffee:

manzousa

that's so nice. what i meant the circle will grow and demands for more will exponentially increase with the number of years that you are married. we were up to 3 good sized boxes at a time, until the us postal service stopped shipping surface to tunisia. i will not post that much air-post. this stuff was presented to all sorts of folks and given as gifts, from my family and out bound to all sorts of people, as gifts from them. it wasn't a rat thing it's just the way it is with tunisians and will never be enough, until you stop sending. keep it up for 4-5 years and then just stop...watch what happens.:coffee:
Ya I was going to mention that too... I always hear from Walid "I gave this that you sent to... Tarek (friend) or that to Zied.... another reason now that I won't pay the crazy shipping fees to send "him" stuff because it's never just for HIM.... lol. I've sent one package since I've been home (May) and it was for his nephew for his birthday... I know that little guy isn't going to give his stuff away... lol.

manzousa

Kaloui THIS is another thing what makes me livid.I used to send packages before and NOW I find out they have to pay another 9 Dinars when the packet is delivered to them!I mean when I have paid 12€ to send it from Germany I have paid ALL the way and not just to the central post.Bloody cheek.If I ever get a packet I am going to kick up a right rumpus.I sent my son a letter the other week and had A write on it in Arabic ONLY A LETTER...they still bloody opened it and half the letter was missing when it arrived.I am thinking of sending a handful of sheep Shite.
Oh that's terrible... I would be mad too.... I think that they deserve the sheep Shite.... DO IT... he he

manzousa

I guess the only way around this whole bs is to just send a moneygram rather than gifts and then an email rather than a letter...much cheaper.... lol.

mezoo

The Decider
great thought

I guess the only way around this whole bs is to just send a money gram rather than gifts and then an email rather than a letter...much cheaper.... lol.
good idea-send money.. :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money.. :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money.. :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money...

manzousa

good idea-send money.. :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money.. :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money.. :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money... :O:protest::doh: a real good idea :O:protest::doh: that will last forever :O:protest::doh: good idea-send money...
Hey... I'm not talking about sending so their sick cousin can have that big toe operated on...or to keep them out of the military..... but sending like $30 to my HUBBY (not new boyfriend of one week that I now love... lol) so he can buy something for himself or the family there.... rather than sending $20 worth of chocolate and spending $90 in postage only for him to have to pay 10 dinar to pick the package up.... seems crazy to me. I do the same thing for my family here... so why not my family there... lol

W

WouldI

as you all know im new to this and may have a problem i spoke to my boyfriend on tuesday everything great said i would ring him today no answer his fone switched off.i have friends at hotel where he works and asked them to give him a message he was not at work so they asked where he was his work friend said he on holiday for one month im comfused as he always answers his fone .i go to tunisia in just over four weeks what do you all think

Hi amirah - I know you must be worried but don't panic. Give him a little more time, perhaps he had to take the time off suddenly??? A lot of hotels have to let people go at this time of year too as it's not cost-effective in the winter months with so few guests. Keep trying his phone - do you have any other contact details for him e.g. e-mail or family? xxx

C

curious

Hi everyone, i'm pretty new here and was just reading these posts and it's left me wondering about the postage thing. My boy has broken his phone ( i know this is true as i was just over there and it was near dead at the time) so I told him that i have an old phone that i will post to him tomorrow. He told me not to, as this is our main way of communiction i wanted to know why the hell not and he said he doesn't want me to spend the money to post it. Now i'm thinkink that if you have to pay to receive all packages that maybe he wont have the money to pick it up. So do all packages need to bepaid for at that end to?

And just to throw it in there he's A.G

W

WouldI

hi all still not heard from him it was my only means of contact with him.i know his contract was up at hotel in january but as you say it is quiet at the minute i know he offered another job in another hotel.irang him today just some tunisian network talk does this mean phone is switched off.

This is horrible for you (f) There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation - Tunisian networks aren't the most reliable. Sometimes you/they can be calling and nothing rings through at the other end etc. Have you sent him a text message? (they normally get through) Perhaps you could text him that you're worried as you've not heard from him etc. xxx

W

WouldI

Hi everyone, i'm pretty new here and was just reading these posts and it's left me wondering about the postage thing. My boy has broken his phone ( i know this is true as i was just over there and it was near dead at the time) so I told him that i have an old phone that i will post to him tomorrow. He told me not to, as this is our main way of communiction i wanted to know why the hell not and he said he doesn't want me to spend the money to post it. Now i'm thinkink that if you have to pay to receive all packages that maybe he wont have the money to pick it up. So do all packages need to bepaid for at that end to?

And just to throw it in there he's A.G

Yep, they do - that's if it doesn't get stolen before it gets there!!! Are you going out there any time soon? You'd probably be better off giving it to him in person to be honest.

A - Anis? Ahmed? Ali? Adnen? LOL :ben: This initials thing drives me nuts LOL!!

mezoo

The Decider
it's true we all do it

Hey... I'm not talking about sending so their sick cousin can have that big toe operated on...or to keep them out of the military..... but sending like $30 to my HUBBY (not new boyfriend of one week that I now love... lol) so he can buy something for himself or the family there.... rather than sending $20 worth of chocolate and spending $90 in postage only for him to have to pay 10 dinar to pick the package up.... seems crazy to me. I do the same thing for my family here... so why not my family there... lol

sorry didn't mean to come down hard. i'll admit over the years, i've sent 10's of thousands over myself so....it's not like I don't do it too...i deposit straight from my bank to the bank there. little fee here and little fee there...cheers !! :coffee:

mezoo

The Decider
accountancy in tunisia

sorry didn't mean to come down hard. i'll admit over the years, i've sent 10's of thousands over myself so....it's not like I don't do it too...i deposit straight from my bank to the bank there. little fee here and little fee there...cheers !! :coffee:

we have dinar accounts, dollar accounts, mixed accounts, her brothers account, her mothers account and to many accounts in between...i should have been a banker i think !!! :coffee:

B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

as you all know im new to this and may have a problem i spoke to my boyfriend on tuesday everything great said i would ring him today no answer his fone switched off.i have friends at hotel where he works and asked them to give him a message he was not at work so they asked where he was his work friend said he on holiday for one month im comfused as he always answers his fone .i go to tunisia in just over four weeks what do you all think

I dont want to sound negative, but in my experience, when a guy does this, its because he has another girlfriend visiting :mad:
My hubbys friend was awful...he had 3 on the go (all english) and whenever he was with one of them he turned his phone off and used a new sim card while she was visiting him so it didnt look strange that his phone was off all the time, plus he could stil ring his mates etc
When he was alone obviously his original phone number would be in use so they could all call him but as soon as one arrived in tunisia, it was bye bye original sim, hello new temporary sim. His excuses for having the phone off were either that it broke and was in the shop for repairs, or that he had a family emergency and turned it off so he wasnt disturbed as a mark of respect for the family....total RAT he was :mad:

C

chefref

I dont want to sound negative, but in my experience, when a guy does this, its because he has another girlfriend visiting :mad:
My hubbys friend was awful...he had 3 on the go (all english) and whenever he was with one of them he turned his phone off and used a new sim card while she was visiting him so it didnt look strange that his phone was off all the time, plus he could stil ring his mates etc
When he was alone obviously his original phone number would be in use so they could all call him but as soon as one arrived in tunisia, it was bye bye original sim, hello new temporary sim. His excuses for having the phone off were either that it broke and was in the shop for repairs, or that he had a family emergency and turned it off so he wasnt disturbed as a mark of respect for the family....total RAT he was :mad:

Or that he went away with his family for the weekend and forgot the charger, so he sent a text from his sister's cell phone so you wouldn't worry? :innocent:

B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

or that he went away with his family for the weekend and forgot the charger, so he sent a text from his sister's cell phone so you wouldn't worry? :innocent:

exactly <_<.................

L

Laurenn

saadia

hii does anyone no anything about the animation team from saadia hotel in monastir?

C

chefref

everything good with my guy genuine problem with his phone thank god he been ringing me daily on public phone until he gets his new phone tomorrow.so still very much in love with each other.

Amirah, very glad and relieved to hear it! (f)(f)(f)

A

amirah

thanks chefref

im happy also he is just so sweet i believe he is genuine so must give it a go with him .dont care about the past just the future.xxx