Welcome to TLR

test the name

B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

Hi all

My friend came back from tunisia recently returned engaged to her bf of 3 months. I was told by a friend of his on fb that he was already married to a scottish lady. His name is Cheker Romdhani. I was wondering has anyone come accross him. His alleged wifes name is christine.

Thanks in advance.

Penny

PS absolutely love the site!!!:tongue:

Hi penny, welcome to the site :D Im so glad you like it :ben:
I havent heard that name before, I will do some checking and see if anything comes up...
3 months is awfully fast to be getting engaged :O

B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

All thats comes up on google is this:

Google

Is that the correct spelling of his name in your previous post? xxx

P

penny28

hi guys

thanks for the response as far as i know it is the correct spelling. I know 3 months is way to fast to be engaged and potentially be married in April. There is no talking to her about this. I was trying to sus out some more info on him last night over a few glasses of wine. He works in Hammam Sousse in a spanish restaurant but lives in port el kantaoui. He is from Beja and thats about all I got.

Thanks for your help :D

B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

asked nour to marry me the second time i saw her----:innocent:

It was acceptable in the 80's, it was acceptable at the timeeeeeeeeee :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben:

G

GaileIrene

His name is Cheker Romdhani.
Cheker can be spelled Chaker, Shaker, Shakar, Chacker, Schaker, etc. Many ways! But only one way in Arabic شاکر

The same differences in spelling could be applied to his family name. Also, his family name could differ on official paperwork from what he uses everyday. This doesn't mean he's crooked, though. You want to see if he spells his name the same way everytime in English - if he does not, he may have something to hide.

G

GaileIrene

Correct spelling is chaker
No "correct" or "incorrect".

The important thing is to spell the same way consistently - else leads to the impression one is a crook.

Anyway in English if you write it Chaker, you get a name that doesn't even exist in Arabic.

mezoo

The Decider
time will tell-i've been a loser before at love

asked nour to marry me the second time i saw her----:innocent:
It was acceptable in the 80's, it was acceptable at the timeeeeeeeeee :whistle::whistle::whistle:
:ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben::ben:
perhaps they will live happy ever who knows :D
lol, i was born in the 50's.
seriously though, still went through the "get to know you time" for over a year and boy oh boy, you never really know what will tomorrow bring in a relationship and i hope upon hope it will be happily ever after. (h)

C

Caramel

Hi Susie, I take it you mean if you're unsure whether the guy is a rat or not? I guess if you have a person in mind and want to find out if anyone else 'knows' him, then that's your call :). The only thing to bear in mind is that there may be difficult repercussions - you must weigh up any information gleaned from other persons against your own evaluation of the guy and of your relationship. There are so many variables - not least that of time (i.e. someone may have been rat-like in the past, but may have genuine feelings for someone in the present) Some people don't advise with good intentions (though, it has to be said, most regular members here have no axes to grind!), so information can be loaded with another person's baggage! That said, if a person feels the need to 'test' their partner, then that usually indicates that they have doubts of their own already!

If you want to ask the question, then I personally don't see the harm as long as you're clear about what to do with any information that may or may not come your way :) xxx

Would I, your answer is so spot on. I say if this person is having doubts, rat on him. Nothing to lose. May turn out that he is one of the good guys.

C

Caramel

no initials necessary - just name him if he's a definite rat (sounds like it!!) and if you have a picture for the gallery, all the better!

Hmmmmm Sami, Sofiane, Shaggy...... who could it be??? :D

Perhaps Scooby Doo!

C

Caramel

If he has changed then thats great!
But as far as being in the same country as someone, this doesnt mean that they arent capable of cheating....men who live with their girlfriends in the UK do it, so i am sure tunisia is no exception!!

Well my husband was living with me in the UK and divorced me behind my back in Tunisia. I only knew about this when he contracted a second marriage. So anything is possible. Just be streetwise and hope that your hubbies are good ones.

C

Caramel

Does anybody know Ramzi who worked inMarhaba in Sousse-he was engaged to my friend but she has not heard from him for 2 months-somebody has told her he has married a German woman and gone to live in Germany-she was with him 6 years.

Why am I not surprised? Your friend should rat on him.

C

Caramel

I dont want to sound negative, but in my experience, when a guy does this, its because he has another girlfriend visiting :mad:
My hubbys friend was awful...he had 3 on the go (all english) and whenever he was with one of them he turned his phone off and used a new sim card while she was visiting him so it didnt look strange that his phone was off all the time, plus he could stil ring his mates etc
When he was alone obviously his original phone number would be in use so they could all call him but as soon as one arrived in tunisia, it was bye bye original sim, hello new temporary sim. His excuses for having the phone off were either that it broke and was in the shop for repairs, or that he had a family emergency and turned it off so he wasnt disturbed as a mark of respect for the family....total RAT he was :mad:

Sounds like my ex. Now I realise why I could not get through many times.

S

stephieB

Hi

this is my first post, joined a couple of months ago but couldn't log in?? Anyway it is sorted now, so hi all.

Does anyone know of a K B a waiter at Riadh Palms Sousse????:D

T

traceyyou

that was my first post i've heard so much in last few weeks i dont know who to believe my head is wrecked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

W

WouldI

that was my first post i've heard so much in last few weeks i dont know who to believe my head is wrecked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Welcome Traceyyou (f) Have you heard specific things about your man or just about Tunisian love rats in general? xxx

W

WouldI

both really... I heard things about him but he always has an excuse and i dont have proof!!!
I always think that if you have sufficient doubt to post his name on here then, in your head (and gut), you must feel that he is not to be trusted. That said, sometimes you want evidence to back up that feeling in order to walk away and know for sure that you did the right thing. If he is up to no good I'm sure you will find out here - I guess what you have to do is decide if you are open to the things you uncover and how many of his 'excuses' you are willing to listen to....in short, you will never give him up unless you yourself stop making excuses for him. It may help (if you want more information) to post where you met him/place of work and any other names he may go by. Good luck xxx

T

traceyyou

I dont know what to do... I really love him but he has cheated i know about one and forgave him.......

W

WouldI

I dont know what to do... I really love him but he has cheated i know about one and forgave him.......
Obviously I don't know all the ins-and-outs but that is not a good sign :( Is he working in tourism?

W

WouldI

He's a waiter and works in the bar sometimes........... I ve been with him 2 and half years supposed to get married soon...... why has he waited this long if it for a visa... i dont have much money he knows this but yes i pay for everything when i go there.... He does work and always has.....
It's not really good that you pay for everything if he is working is it? (I mean, does he even buy you food/drinks while you are there? Is he contributing at all to the wedding? Does he make you feel cared for?). It's not always necessarily about the visa (this can sometimes be the longer term goal). I would be very careful of setting a precedent that you provide for him financially, particularly if, eventually, he will move to live with you. Granted, a lot of these guys may earn very little but it's vital that you observe signs of him wanting to take care of you - otherwise it could end up being a very one-sided relationship where you feel like you have a dependant rather than a partner. If he has already cheated then he should be working damn hard to earn your trust and love, if you don't see signs of this then ask yourself if he is truly fulfilling your needs and whether he will make you happy outside of the short bursts of time in the sunshine you spend together xxx

W

WouldI

He did pay for some things....... but your right he should be on his knees to me and he's not... i've stopped going out change how i dress not cause he asked me to its just me doing this and i have finished it a few times but i love him and cant move on.....
Why are you changing yourself??? If you feel like this now you must think how you will feel if you are married to him and living with him 24/7, will you be happy to always be looking over your shoulder wondering what he is or isn't getting up to while at the same time forgetting/neglecting who you are? Never believe that he is the best you can get, I understand that you have invested a lot of time/emotion/money in sustaining this relationship, but don't enter marriage with so many doubts and without being true to yourself xxx