Welcome to TLR

Tunisian Lawyers from Hell Ezzedine Ben Amor

C

Caramel

Lawyer No. 1
When I started to suspect in July/August last year that my husband of six years was hiding something from me, i.e. that he may have contracted a second marriage in Tunisia, alarm bells started to ring. Admittedly I was too trusting and did not heed the signs until they were staring me in the face. I guess some us only want to believe the good things and put unpleasant ones at the back of our minds.

I sought help from many sources and through T.com two members recommended the lawyer detailed below:

Ezzedine Ben Amor
Avocat

I had no reason to doubt his integrity. I telephoned him and told him that I suspected my husband had remarried in Tunisia and he promptly told me in a four line email, that this was impossible unless he divorced me first. All this was during Ramadan and he had only been to his office to check messages now and then. During this time I had made about 4/5 international calls to him. He never once phoned me.

Foolishly I was very green and grateful at the time and agreed to send him £1000 to take on my case. He said he would write my husband a letter the Monday following the end of Ramadan to ‘get my husband to show his teeth’. Not sure what that meant but I was not very happy with that suggestion.

During that time, a contact, through a friend, did some investigative work in Tunisia and managed to obtain a copy of my husband’s new birth certificate which did not include me and stated he had married a Tunisian lady from Sbeitla on 21 July 09 (11 days after departing to Tunisia to visit his sick father). I suspected bigamy at the time, but later found out that he had divorced me illegally whilst still living with me in the UK.

As soon as I received this information, I immediately wrote to Ben Amor and asked him not to start any work as new information had come to light and I needed time to think of my course of action. I realized that I would need a good lawyer to fight my corner and appointed one recommended by the British Embassy in Tunis.

I asked Ben Amor to take something for the letter and advice he had given over the phone (it was not really advice as such as he repeated what he told me in the email). I was thinking he would return at least £750, but he told me he would only return £500. I accepted this as I thought it better to get back half than none at all.

After checking my account weeks after he said he had transferred the money I contacted him. He then told me that he was not able to transfer money out of Tunisia. This, of course, was a big lie. I told him that I would be visiting Tunisia in October 09 and would take the money in Dinars. He then gave me a contact name at the UIB bank in Sousse whom he had asked to transfer the money to me.

I visited the bank and saw this person who said she had this same problem with a lot of foreign people Ben Amor dealt with. But she said he had given instructions to transfer the money to me. That said, I went back to England. My Bank telephoned me about this transfer and they had been chasing ever since. It appeared that Ben Amor had withdrawn the transfer.

When I emailed him about this, he told me that I was no longer his client and should not contact him only through a lawyer with power of attorney. I promptly gave my Sousse lawyer POA to contact him. Ben Amor told him that he had transferred the money. I checked my statements and found this out to be a lie.

Subsequently I returned to Tunisia in November with a friend (she posts on here) and gave her POA. She telephoned him and did not mention my name but told him that she wanted to talk to him about a private matter. This was the only way he would have agreed to see her. Had she mentioned my name, she would not have had an appointment. She made an appointment to see him and I waited in a café across the road.

About ten minutes later she came back to the café in shock and annoyance. When she introduced herself as acting on my behalf. He promptly said ‘Get out of my office – you English bitch”. His action has been reported to the Sousse police. She said he was a short little man and reminded her of a midget. Had he carried on, she felt his buttons on his shirt would have popped off or he would have ruptured a blood vessel. To date my money had still not been returned.

At present I cannot report him to the Tunisian Bar Association as I have a complaint against the fraudulent lawyer who divorced me. But don’t worry, I will get him in the end.

Lawyer No. 2
Noura Aded. She is the fraudulent lawyer who divorced me without my knowledge and said I was living in Tunisia at the time and I had instructed her. She has signed a full confession and matters are before the Tunisian law Association. I cannot say much about this case at the moment until it is resolved, but will say on the basis of her confession; my case against my husband has been greatly helped.

Lawyer No. 3
Mouez Ben Ayed
Tanar Sfar Avenue
Belazizza Building
Sousse

This lawyer was hired by my husband to conduct the fraudulent divorce against me. I have since been told that he is very shady. Have not had time to investigate him yet, but will get round to this once Noura Aded is dealt with.

Sorry for the length of this post, but just wanted to warn you all and would invite any one who has had a bad encounter with a lawyer in Tunisia to name and shame him.

V

Veritas

Thank you very much indeed, Delene (f)

It's very unfortunate the way in which we learn of these people,through your personal heartache. (f) But nonetheless, I couldn't agree more with you, it's best to have an idea of the ones; who like the rats act in a dishonest, fraudulent manner.

I think you're a very strong person Delene, and you have my utmost respect and admiration on the way you maintain your dignity and composure throughout this ordeal. (f)(h)(f)(h)

C

Caramel

Vera - thanks for your support. If I were to curl up and die as Ladygaga would have it, these rats, whether lawyers or loverats would continue to hurt people and get away with their wrongdoings. I refuse to go away and will not stop until I get justice. Its no longer about love or feeling hurt any more. All that has gone by the wayside. My goal now is getting justice, and of course, my investment returned. But mostly to see that these b.....rds are stopped and punished. That's why I love this site because it allows you to vent your anger and get support too.

paula01

Senior Rat Expert
Vera - thanks for your support. If I were to curl up and die as Ladygaga would have it, these rats, whether lawyers or loverats would continue to hurt people and get away with their wrongdoings. I refuse to go away and will not stop until I get justice. Its no longer about love or feeling hurt any more. All that has gone by the wayside. My goal now is getting justice, and of course, my investment returned. But mostly to see that these b.....rds are stopped and punished. That's why I love this site because it allows you to vent your anger and get support too.
Im so proud of you Delene and you will get justice. Curl up and die.....dont think so. Even some of the lawyers are jumping on the bandwagon because we are foreign. Makes me sick to be honest. :mad::mad:

annibee

Rat Expert
well done delene. know how much heartache this has caused you but with strenght and determination if it stops other people going though the same thing it will be worth it. take care. you know we are all here for you xxx

T

tunisblue

my goodness. yes thank you i had no clue this could happen. so i would be on my husbands birth cert.?

M

marissa

I am so sorry for u Delene (f)
I also work as lawyer and this kind of people poke fun with their job.Shame of them.Not surprise me more that so many tunisian men are playing with european women.They are supported in their actions even by lawyers so the business is so good:ben:. They just don't care are doing all to obtain money. And are not afraid cause they know nothing can touch them.
I give u an advice u should make ur storie public in Tunisia maybe the gouverment will wake up and react cause all this are destroying tunisia's image and the reality is that they are doing a lot of money from tourism. Lately appeared on net many negative impressions as regarding Tunisia and all because of this rats what make shame of their country.

C

Caramel

my goodness. yes thank you i had no clue this could happen. so i would be on my husbands birth cert.?
Tunisblue, yes all marriages and divorces should be recorded on his birth certificate. For identification purposes such official papers must be no more than three months old. The Tunisian system is very good. My case is not very unusual but I will make sure this never happens again. After this, I intend for my lawyer to bring this scenario before the Tunisian Bar Association.

Another good thing, I have just had a letter from my MP, who has raised at Ministerial level, why British authorities do not notify foreign governments of marriages in the UK as this would prevent people marrying abroad without being first divorced from their British spouses.

He is also raising the question about Tunisian citizens marrying EU nationals with the aim of entering the UK as economic migrants. This is a common occurrence and they will plug this loophole. Many of them are now marrying Polish or Czech women as this allow them to live in the UK for five years.

It is not true that nothing cant be done. Something will be done. The Tunisian government will not take too kindly to the wrongdoings of these people. I will post on here and update you all when it is legally possible to do so.

My mission goes beyond my personal problem and many of these loopholes have been flagged to the British government during my investigations.

C

Caramel

I am so sorry for u Delene (f)
I also work as lawyer and this kind of people poke fun with their job.Shame of them.Not surprise me more that so many tunisian men are playing with european women.They are supported in their actions even by lawyers so the business is so good:ben:. They just don't care are doing all to obtain money. And are not afraid cause they know nothing can touch them.
I give u an advice u should make ur storie public in Tunisia maybe the gouverment will wake up and react cause all this are destroying tunisia's image and the reality is that they are doing a lot of money from tourism. Lately appeared on net many negative impressions as regarding Tunisia and all because of this rats what make shame of their country.
Marissa, don't worry. Once my cases are finished, I intend to go public in Tunisia and in the UK. I will make sure that these rats are exposed and that they will never get the chance to hurt women in that way again. They will not be laughing when I finish with them. My rat of a husband knows he is cornered and last week had the cheek to send me texts about having dinner. He has got to be kidding? I would not lower myself to be in the same room as him. I truly despise him with all my heart and will do everything in my power to see that the b*****rd gets whats coming to him.

It is because they are damaging the image of Tunisia and good Tunisian men that I think the judicial system will co-operate with the British government to sort out these rats. I also hope that other EU countries will take the same stance. I can only, however, speak for the UK.

L

louschlong

Delene,

Thank you for all the information. I am also a solicitor and it makes me furious when other members of the profession bring it into disrepute. Well done for standing up to them. Hopefully it will stop other people finding themselves in your situation.

When your case is finished, it may be worth writing to the Law Gazette (as well as other publications) which is a magazine distributed around professionals. Other solicitors in this country and Tunisia may then be inspired to take an interest in protecting people in your situation and taking action against these corrupt lawyers? Just an idea?

W

WouldI

You should be on his birth certificate once you are married:D
They put my father's name on my husband's birth certificate instead of mine - that's what a pile of crap their systems are :ben:.

Ben

Administrator
They put my father's name on my husband's birth certificate instead of mine - that's what a pile of crap their systems are :ben:.
Awwwwww and you say crap !!!!! Gay marriage is legal in Tunisia :ben::ben::ben:
Just pull your hubby's birth certificate :dead:

W

WouldI

Awwwwww and you say crap !!!!! Gay marriage is legal in Tunisia :ben::ben::ben:
Just pull your hubby's birth certificate :dead:
heehheheheheeh what a lovely couple :dead:

C

Caramel

Delene I have only just caught up with your story on here. All I can say to you is I think you are an extraordinary woman, and an inspiration to us all. You have been so strong and determined and I really admire you for that xx
Thank you Margaret. As they say 'Hell has/hath no fury like a woman scorned'. I am now a woman on a mission to nail my rat and make sure that a lot of the rats on this site get what they deserve.

I am not extraordinary - just a woman fighting my case and hopefully, on behalf of future women who may find themselves in such a position.

Rats tend to learn from each other at the 'Bezzness' School and once they realise that they will not get away with these wrongdoings, they will have to stop and do an honest day's work - like most Tunisians!

Any day now, I will get some news and TLR will be the first to get my update - promise.

C

Caramel

Delene,

Thank you for all the information. I am also a solicitor and it makes me furious when other members of the profession bring it into disrepute. Well done for standing up to them. Hopefully it will stop other people finding themselves in your situation.

When your case is finished, it may be worth writing to the Law Gazette (as well as other publications) which is a magazine distributed around professionals. Other solicitors in this country and Tunisia may then be inspired to take an interest in protecting people in your situation and taking action against these corrupt lawyers? Just an idea?
Thank you for that suggestion. It is my intention once these cases come to an end (and I have many), to seek advice on here as to what media to publish my cases in. The first of which will be for the money he extracted from me during the period he said he divorced me, albeit behind my back, and while still living with me in the UK.

C

Caramel

What about legal action in the UK? since I'm assuming he is residing there?
Ben that's been handled by the police, my MP and the Home Office. They are building a case against him. It is better for them to take action as it would cost me much more money and I am already paying heavy legal bills in Tunisia. One way or another, he will get his come uppance.

Ben

Administrator
Ben that's been handled by the police, my MP and the Home Office. They are building a case against him. It is better for them to take action as it would cost me much more money and I am already paying heavy legal bills in Tunisia. One way or another, he will get his come uppance.
Make sure you do take half of his possessions and whatever is entitled to you as a divorcee. perhaps alimony too (even if it's few dinars a month)

C

Caramel

Make sure you do take half of his possessions and whatever is entitled to you as a divorcee. perhaps alimony too (even if it's few dinars a month)
Ben all of it belongs to me. He did not have anything when I met him. I think because of the fraudulent way in which he divorced me, the judiciary in Tunisia will give me more than half. He even had the cheek to marry his new wife under the shared regime.

Recently the judges have become very tired of these cases and they are making rulings against these men. They are tired of the bad name they are giving Tunisia, Tunisian men and the tourist industry.

He may well walk away with nothing as I have proof of the money I invested. There is no way in three years he could have built two houses (and one of the house is like a mansion, bought another piece of land and built up a rabbit business. Many men take 20 years before they can build a house.

I have been assured that I will get justice and I really believe this. That's whats keeping me going. The liquidator is now doing his job and will write his report soon.

C

Caramel

Another bent lawyer

I have been asked by a visitor to TLR to post the following. For legal reasons and also of safety, this person has asked to remain anonymous.

Lawyer No. 4
"Here are the details.

Lawyer.....Houda Pacha
12.Bis. Avenue. Tunis
Tel..71261389

This lawyer made a fake document and presented it to court stating his client, a Polish woman,
married to a Tunisian man was domiciled at the lawyers office in Tunis.

The client instructed the lawyer to present documents to court asking for the arrest and maximum
penalty (1 year in prison and 240 francs fine) of both the Tunisian and his new British wife.

This was duly done and even though the British (Scottish) wife had never been married before under Tunisian
law she as well as the bigamist husband were to be arrested.

The British wife was told he was divorced in Poland and the UK allowed them to marry as he produced a Polish
divorce document. However his first wife remains to this day on his birth certificate. The Tunisian bigamist
claims he cannot have it removed as Tunisia does not acknowledge the Polish divorce.

Now here is the twist.... The Polish wife did not complain to the lawyer. It was the Tunisian husband's
mother pretending to be the Polish wife in the lawyers office. Together the mother, the bigamist husband
and the bent lawyer had an application to the court made up, presented it to the court, had it officially
stamped but never carried it through. Why would they do that....

THE STING......This document was presented the the UK immigration to ensure his visa in the UK and
to prevent his new older wife from travelling to Tunisia for the fear of being arrested and imprisoned.
This allowed the Tunisian to buy property all over Tunisia with the wife's money which he has stolen from
her and as she was not his legal wife in Tunisia she could not claim any assets.

DOUBLE STING......He then started divorce proceedings in the UK going after all her assets."

G

GaileIrene

That's what the rats do. Steal your money, then threaten you with arrest by creating well-fabricated, convincing-sounding and "documented" stories if you dare oppose them. What are the lawyers thinking? Well, they don't have little voices in their heads telling them what they're doing is wrong.

C

Caramel

GailIrene, this lady is coping very well with all the lies and is trying to get to the bottom of this. Its a long road for her but she will succeed. I know she reads but does not post on here for fear her husband is reading.

C

Caramel

Update

Lawyer No. 2 - the one who divorced me behind my back. Word on the street - she is now planning to run off to France. She has reason to as she is being investigated and the legal system in Tunisia will not take kindly to one of theirs abusing the law so ruthlessly.

Doesnt matter though, as Tunisia has a very good relationship with France on these matters. Doesnt matter where she goes, because she will not be able to practice. I hope she gets a prison sentence, which will send out a message to all these bent lawyers.

G

Guess_Who

:rofl:Tunisian Rat Lawyers from Hell
Lawyer No. 1
When I started to suspect in July/August last year that my husband of six years was hiding something from me, i.e. that he may have contracted a second marriage in Tunisia, alarm bells started to ring. Admittedly I was too trusting and did not heed the signs until they were staring me in the face. I guess some us only want to believe the good things and put unpleasant ones at the back of our minds.

I sought help from many sources and through T.com two members recommended the lawyer detailed below:

Ezzedine Ben Amor
Avocat à la Cour de cassation
Avenue 3 Août
4000 Sousse (Tunisia)
Tel: 00216 98 428 643

I had no reason to doubt his integrity. I telephoned him and told him that I suspected my husband had remarried in Tunisia and he promptly told me in a four line email, that this was impossible unless he divorced me first. All this was during Ramadan and he had only been to his office to check messages now and then. During this time I had made about 4/5 international calls to him. He never once phoned me.

Foolishly I was very green and grateful at the time and agreed to send him £1000 to take on my case. He said he would write my husband a letter the Monday following the end of Ramadan to ‘get my husband to show his teeth’. Not sure what that meant but I was not very happy with that suggestion.

During that time, a contact, through a friend, did some investigative work in Tunisia and managed to obtain a copy of my husband’s new birth certificate which did not include me and stated he had married a Tunisian lady from Sbeitla on 21 July 09 (11 days after departing to Tunisia to visit his sick father). I suspected bigamy at the time, but later found out that he had divorced me illegally whilst still living with me in the UK.

As soon as I received this information, I immediately wrote to Ben Amor and asked him not to start any work as new information had come to light and I needed time to think of my course of action. I realized that I would need a good lawyer to fight my corner and appointed one recommended by the British Embassy in Tunis.

I asked Ben Amor to take something for the letter and advice he had given over the phone (it was not really advice as such as he repeated what he told me in the email). I was thinking he would return at least £750, but he told me he would only return £500. I accepted this as I thought it better to get back half than none at all.

After checking my account weeks after he said he had transferred the money I contacted him. He then told me that he was not able to transfer money out of Tunisia. This, of course, was a big lie. I told him that I would be visiting Tunisia in October 09 and would take the money in Dinars. He then gave me a contact name at the UIB bank in Sousse whom he had asked to transfer the money to me.

I visited the bank and saw this person who said she had this same problem with a lot of foreign people Ben Amor dealt with. But she said he had given instructions to transfer the money to me. That said, I went back to England. My Bank telephoned me about this transfer and they had been chasing ever since. It appeared that Ben Amor had withdrawn the transfer.

When I emailed him about this, he told me that I was no longer his client and should not contact him only through a lawyer with power of attorney. I promptly gave my Sousse lawyer POA to contact him. Ben Amor told him that he had transferred the money. I checked my statements and found this out to be a lie.

Subsequently I returned to Tunisia in November with a friend (she posts on here) and gave her POA. She telephoned him and did not mention my name but told him that she wanted to talk to him about a private matter. This was the only way he would have agreed to see her. Had she mentioned my name, she would not have had an appointment. She made an appointment to see him and I waited in a café across the road.

About ten minutes later she came back to the café in shock and annoyance. When she introduced herself as acting on my behalf. He promptly said ‘Get out of my office – you English bitch”. His action has been reported to the Sousse police. She said he was a short little man and reminded her of a midget. Had he carried on, she felt his buttons on his shirt would have popped off or he would have ruptured a blood vessel. To date my money had still not been returned.

At present I cannot report him to the Tunisian Bar Association as I have a complaint against the fraudulent lawyer who divorced me. But don’t worry, I will get him in the end.

Me Azedine is suing both you and Caramel for defamation. It is to do with what happened in his office when you visted him in order to claim the oustanding money. He is claiming that what you wrote on an internet site was defamatory and could harm his reputation and will cause him economic loss.

He has brought an action in Tunis and has served you in order to be present at the hearing on 16 of June 2010.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tunisianbelle

'Don't call me Darling!' Mod
That could actually be a good thing. Then it will be out in the open that he never returned the money. You can argue that you said nothing that was untrue, and that if it bothered him so much, he would have returned the money in the first place.

Ben

Administrator
So the law suit is naming Carmel :ben:

Mr Ben Amor of Avenue 3 Août 4000 Sousse Vs Carmel Of the Internet :ben: :ben:

What an idiot :ben::ben:

Reactions: Liz
G

Guess_Who

This is my original posting, I will swear on oath that everything I have said is true!

A word of caution for anyone seeking legal advice from a Tunisian Lawyer.

Commercial lawyers in Tunisia

Me Exxxxxx Bxxxx Axxxx
Sousse

Mr Bxxxxx Axxx is an English speaking lawyer and member of the International Bar Association which headquarters are located in London. He specialises in Information Technology Law (IT Law), Intellectual Property Law (IP Law) and Business Law.

I had the misfortune to have to deal with the above `person` during the past week and can only say he is the most unprofessional, arrogant and ill mannered man I have ever had to deal with.

Whilst he thinks he is in with a chance of gaining instructions from you and therefore charging you (way over the standard rates) he is charm personified. I made an appointment to see him to serve him official papers and the power of attorney for the return of monies paid to him. The moment he realised I was there in a legal capacity he was insulting, screaming and ranting like a lunatic. I was told many times to go to hell and to get out of his office, with his last parting words to me being, `Go to hell, you English Bitch`........ very professional.

I have made an official complaint to the Police and also to the Tunisian Bar association and will pursue this matter to see this `man` faces what he deserves.

For future reference, anyone looking for a Reputable, honest and trustworthy Tunisian Lawyer should contact the details below, I will personally vouch for his integrity.

Me Malek Rejiba
Rue 22 Janvier 1952
Immeuble Gloulou II
4000 Sousse

Tel 73211637
Email : [email protected]