Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Tunisia – Sfax: Seizure of tens of tons of untreated hospital waste​

The police in Sfax raided two anarchic repositories to store the care waste, owned by an individual who owns a company that manages this type of waste.

These tens of tons were stored in a way that did not comply with the legislation and were a source of infectious risks to citizens and the environment.

Last edited:

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
FYI- Our president in Tunis has froze the constitution and will propose to rewrite a new one, changes to come… good or bad???
Aisha1 it depends if the present constitution is that bad!,,
He’s planning to reshuffle his government meaning his ministers.

Tunisia suppose to be a “democratic “ country, so judging by the present situation what’s there to change?
Changes should have been made years ago but now all your President can do is provide more jobs, reform education and continue exportation of Tunisia’s produce, to be honest it’s confusing what he’s planning to do and so is the rest of the population... they don’t know where they stand with this President, he seems to make decisions without consulting his ministers nor indeed the country.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Yes this is very sad where in a country having a child out of wedlock is a no no.

This woman had these kids from different men so one of these men had the idea to sell them!! God have mercy!

Let’s hope these children go to good homes because it’s obvious the parent is unable to take care of them!

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
France is finally “waking up”!!

View attachment 69774
I’m ready for the backlash, but I don’t agree with this news. Not everyone from those mentioned countries are terrible and no person in this world that’s trying to better their life should be denied anything because of what the consulate agrees to do, where they are from or their religion. If the France sees they can’t work or have criminal backgrounds then don’t grant a visa, but as a whole I just don’t agree. I didn’t read the whole article to know the base of the decision, but as a Muslim I know where the president of France stands on Islam… so can’t say I’m surprised… but we are in 2021

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I’m ready for the backlash, but I don’t agree with this news. Not everyone from those mentioned countries are terrible and no person in this world that’s trying to better their life should be denied anything because of what the consulate agrees to do, where they are from or their religion. If the France sees they can’t work or have criminal backgrounds then don’t grant a visa, but as a whole I just don’t agree. I didn’t read the whole article to know the base of the decision, but as a Muslim I know where the president of France stands on Islam… so can’t say I’m surprised… but we are in 2021
Maybe too many rats ruined it for the good guys??

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
@Sabrina i get your point, but still.. it’s not right. Like I said I know many disagree with me, but it’s just how I feel. Many countries have people coming in from nearby other poor countries… I know from living in the states the argument to not let Hispanics in because they all criminals and rapist, but we know that’s not true for all. My point is in this day in time nobody is better than another or deserves more than someone else based on circumstances they can’t control, we all deserve a comfortable life, I didn’t say luxury, but comfortable.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Indeed Aisha1 however this is to control the flow of immigrants to France, the same as other European countries are doing.

They have accepted so many from Afghanistan with the end result being that countries are allowed to take in certain number of immigrants. They have overpass the limit they can accept.

France has more than enough from the mentioned countries, it could be another reason but they stand on this immigration number.

I send you a more detailed info from this news extract.

99E2C265-F947-4A24-A8C9-B9AB7C5AD16D.png

Last edited:

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
@Sabrina i get your point, but still.. it’s not right. Like I said I know many disagree with me, but it’s just how I feel. Many countries have people coming in from nearby other poor countries… I know from living in the states the argument to not let Hispanics in because they all criminals and rapist, but we know that’s not true for all. My point is in this day in time nobody is better than another or deserves more than someone else based on circumstances they can’t control, we all deserve a comfortable life, I didn’t say luxury, but comfortable.
I agree with you @Aisha1, in a perfect world there would be no bias but we are not in a perfect world are we?
There are certain rules and laws in Tunisia that don't favor the foreigner neither, I could name a few but I don't want to get into
it.
So France has taken in many Afghans, so the quotas for immigration from Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco have been adjusted.
France did not say they were not giving any visa out at all , just cutting them down.
There are other countries they can apply to.
The Tunisian rats do make it hard for other good Tunisians to immigrate, its not fair for the good ones but that is the way it is.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Indeed Aisha1 however this is to control the flow of immigrants to France, the same as other European countries are doing.

They have accepted so many from Afghanistan with the end result being that countries are allowed to take in certain number of immigrants. They have overpass the limit they can accept.

France has more than enough from the mentioned countries, it could be another reason but they stand on this immigration number.

I send you a more detailed info from this news extract.

View attachment 69775
So with that explanation why not slash visas for Russian and Chinese citizens as well? They account for a huge percentage of visas issued. And monitor immigration of Portuguese, although they in EU, they account for more immigration than even Tunisian citizens. @yougogirl75 @Tinker-lulu I get what you’re saying and after to some extent, but rules for some should apply to all…. That’s just how I feel. And as far as how Tunisia stands on visas to live and work here, it’s pretty easy for most nations obtaining one being that it is a 3rd world country and for the most part they try to boost the economy. But I don’t want us to sit here all day and bicker about this, both of you are great (hugs; don’t hate me ) just I had to voice my opinion for what it’s worth.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
I agree with you @Aisha1, in a perfect world there would be no bias but we are not in a perfect world are we?
There are certain rules and laws in Tunisia that don't favor the foreigner neither, I could name a few but I don't want to get into
it.
So France has taken in many Afghans, so the quotas for immigration from Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco have been adjusted.
France did not say they were not giving any visa out at all , just cutting them down.
There are other countries they can apply to.
The Tunisian rats do make it hard for other good Tunisians to immigrate, its not fair for the good ones but that is the way it is.
I don’t think this is anything to do as to whether you’re poor or rich, good or bad , France wants people to help with the economic like having jobs, pay taxes etc...

Algeria is outraged and so is Morocco but so far Tunisia has said nothing.

These countries speak french fluently so it’s easier for them to go to France,.
The amount of Tunisians in France is unreal, a foot to Europe but with Brexit that is not happening to get to Britain, stopped now.
The only way they can get to Britain is to marry a British person, male or female lol

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
So with that explanation why not slash visas for Russian and Chinese citizens as well? They account for a huge percentage of visas issued. And monitor immigration of Portuguese, although they in EU, they account for more immigration than even Tunisian citizens. @yougogirl75 @Tinker-lulu I get what you’re saying and after to some extent, but rules for some should apply to all…. That’s just how I feel. And as far as how Tunisia stands on visas to live and work here, it’s pretty easy for most nations obtaining one being that it is a 3rd world country and for the most part they try to boost the economy. But I don’t want us to sit here all day and bicker about this, both of you are great (hugs; don’t hate me ) just I had to voice my opinion for what it’s worth.
No worries Aisha1, I can go and live in Tunisia whenever I want and I don’t need a visa bcz I’m British but no Tunisian can come a live here , Tunisians need visa to travel to Europe.
I think other countries allow Tunisians without visa.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I don’t think this is anything to do as to whether you’re poor or rich, good or bad , France wants people to help with the economic like having jobs, pay taxes etc...

The amount of Tunisians in France is unreal, a foot to Europe but with Brexit that is not happening to get to Britain, stopped now.
The only way they can get to Britain is to marry a British person, male or female lol
Speaking of marriage to British citizens, let’s compare stats from when Britain was in EU and 5 years from now on the percentage of marriage between British and Tunisian. The percentage will go down because it’s harder and longer for them now…. They will move on to focus on women from other countries. Let’s see how much true love will exist between Tunisian men and British women after they get the idea that it’s going to be harder for them.
No worries Aisha1, I can go and live in Tunisia whenever I want and I don’t need a visa bcz I’m British but no Tunisian can come a live here , Tunisians need visa to travel to Europe.
I think other countries allow Tunisians without visa.
I think you still need a visa after your time expires ( 90 days) to live and work here. I had to have visa to live here after 90 days. We can almost go anywhere we desire, but if my husband did only use Tunisia passport he would need visa for most of Europe, Serbia is open and Svalbard …. But I know some Tunisians that use travel agent to arrange a true holiday for ex honeymoon or family holiday, not undercover immigration….. it’s usually Spain, Brussels and Portugal that allow entry on tourism visa.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

I’m sure they all have their limits!!